[FM10] Sevilla - My first FM10 game

AcidBurn

sevilla_fc260.jpg

The Aim of my Sevilla Game

I want to take Sevilla to the next level, they are the only team to ever retain the UEFA Cup and have a very strong squad. I want to achieve a constant place in the champions league for the first few seasons and then move on to challenge the might of Real Madrid and Barcelona. I will be posting monthly updates in this thread, I do warn you this is my first attempt at a proper game on FM10 and I do find it really hard to play. The first month may not show that but I will struggle at some point.

Squad Analysis

The goalkeeper Palop will be okay for the first season but at 35 will need to be replaced next season. I think there are more urgent matters so I will put a new GK on hold until next season where it will be the top priority of the club. The defence is pretty good the fullbacks are strong and reasonably good going forward. Adriano is great ant can play on the left or the right. Navarro is also a good solid LB and Sergio Sanchez is not bad on the right. The CB's will need improving at some point although Fazio is a great young strong CB he will need a partner soon. For the first season I will stick with Fazio partnering Squillaci and Escude.

The midfield is pretty good but could be improved and is an area I will look to strengthen straight away int he first transfer window. Duscher is a decent holding player with Romaric or Renato able to perform defensive or attacking midfield roles, however I do not think these are good enough and will sign at least one CM. The wingers are great Capel and Navas as fast and great at attacking. Their backups are Perotta and Acosta on the right and only Adriano the fullback can play on the left wing, so a backup left sided winger is very important.

Strikers are the best thing about the side, Kanoute is getting on at 32 but has great natural fitness and a knowledge of goalscoring. His main partner will be Luis Fabiano the Brazilian international is a natural infront of goal in real life and has decent stats in the game, he is attracting interest from Chelsea right at the start. Negrado is a new signing at Sevilla and I will interchange all three of these strikers. There is a good combination of strength, speed and finishing between all three of them.

Transfers In

Steven Defour £10 million from Stanard Leige

Rafael Van der Vaart £10 million from Real Madrid

Vicent £1 million from Valencia

Glad to bring in two CM's, I think they will both strengthen the team. Defour is young and can only get better his mental attributes are great, it may take him time to settle but I think he will be a good signing. Van der Vaart coming from a Spanish club shouldn't take too long to settle in and get going hopefully. Vicent is a quick left winger who will do well as back up for Capel.

September Matches

August 29th - La Liga - Xerez 1 Sevilla 2

Easy win to start the season off against a team that are favourites to be relegated. Negrado getting off the mark, should have won by more goals but a win is a win a goal by Kanoute as well is hopefully showing signs that the strikeforce can work together well.

September 12th - La Liga - Malaga 0 Sevilla 2

Negrado gets another in what was an even easier win than the first match. Navas was great all day key involvement in the goals for Negrado and went on a mazy run cut inside and slotted the ball past the GK to end the match as a competition.

September 16th - Champions League - Marseille 0 Sevilla 2

In our group we were drawn against Inter Milan, Marseille and Unirea Uziceni. We needed to get something from this game and our fine form brought us another victory although it was hard fought for. Navas was great again and chipped in with a goal but Kanoute also grabbed a goal and the man of the match.

September 20th - La Liga - Sevilla 2 Villarreal 1

Villarreal are a strong side that I expected to struggle against the match was fairly even in terms of possession and shots. We scored two very similar goals, one for Capel and one for Navas again. Both goals came about from crosses from either side missing our attackers and then being finished by the winger. Nilmar bagged a late goal for Villarreal but it was too late to trouble us.

September 23rd - La Liga - Deportivo 2 Sevilla 2

Our first points dropped but really it was a draw gained as Capel scorered a close range finish to give us the points. This kept us in second in the league, chasing no surprise Barcelona already.

September 29th - La Liga - Sevilla 2 Osasuna 0

Disappointing draw last time out but we bounced back to get an easy victory over Osasuna. Negrado missed a penalty so was taken off the penalty taker list, good job as Luis Fabiano stepped up to show him how to score. Adriano ended the game with a screamer from 30 yards out giving the GK no chance.

September 29th - Champions League - Sevilla 4 Inter Milan 0

The best results of the season so far and probably still will be at the end of the season. Not quite sure how this one worked out but it did. Inter had a few more shots than we did but failed to create any real chances and we took all of ours. Two defenders scoring with Fazio finishing from close range after a scramble from the corner, Kanoute scored a great finish and Acosta playing instead of the unfit Navas scored a decent goals and then Sergio Sanchez completed the thrashing with a thumping header.

First Month Done

Great start in La Liga and in the Champions League. Luck was on our side against Inter and in a few of the other games as well. The team is shaping up well as long as all three strikers remain fit and Capel and Navas keep performing could be an interesting season.

October Update - A Month of Away Games

October 3rd - La Liga - Real Madrid 1 Sevilla 3

Not sure how this results even happened Real had a lot more of the ball and a hell of a lot more chances trouble is they never cheated many clear cut chances and we did. Defour scored a great goal and the striker partnership of Kanoute and Luis Fabiano proved to be the right one as they both hammered in one one ones to give us a great win. Confidence was high after the last two results and this gave us 2nd place behind Barcelona and kept Real Madrid in 5th after their slow start.

October 17th - La Liga Sporting 1 Sevilla 4

3-0 up by half time and an easy win Kanoute and Luis Fabiano scored one each again either side of two goals from the CB's Fazio and Squillaci. This game was extremely easy especially for an away match as the hosts never came close to worrying us.

October 20th - Champions League - Unirea Urziceni 0 Sevilla 4

If we could grab back to back wins over Urziceni then that would send us through to the knockout phase of the Champions League. Renato scored the only goal of the first half and I expected a nervy 2nd half but it was easy. Fazio bagged his second goal in two games with a powerful header from an in swinging corner. Fabiano bagged a good close finish after some nice wing play from Navas. Kanoute was rested for this game and Negrado stepped up to grab the last goal.

October 28th - La Liga - Almeria 1 Sevilla 0

First loss of the season, no one played terrible really we were just below average. This kind of results could prove costly as Madrid and Barcelona do not drop many points at all especially away against these type of clubs but Almeria were flying high this moved them into the champions league places. A real disappointment after the easy wins.

October 28th - Copa Del Rey - Melilla 0 Sevilla 1

4th Round first leg match against a weak lower league side and another disappointing performance we should be looking to smash teams like this but we didn't finish our chances. Negrado scored a close range header to seal the win. Will be hoping of a better performance in the return home leg.

Month of Away Matches Done

Not bad for the away matches although annoying to lose to Almeria I expected us to lose against Madrid so it all balanced out in the end. With all the away matches done we now have 7 home games in a row and will not be away against until the 29th of November.

Defour had a good month and was starting to pay back the £10 million price tag on his head, if he had better tackling then he would be one of the best all round CM's on the game might look to train him in that area. Negrado was scoring consistently just like the other strikers but their average ratings are a 7 or below so I hope they can score and play a bit better, although as long as they are scoring I am happy. Bring on the home games.

November Update 7 Home Games in a Row

November 1st - La Liga - Sevilla 4 Racing 2

We needed to bounce back against Racing after losing our last league game and did so easily. It got a bit nervy when they got the game back to 3-2 but Henrique on loan from Barcelona did us a favour by scoring an own goal that settled our nerves.

November 4th - Champions League - Sevilla 2 Unirea Urziceni 0

A win would see us progress to the next round with 4 wins out of 4. Vicente the £1 million signing stood in for an injured Capel and scored the opener. Fazio then rounded off an easy game with a thumping header to send us into the last 16 with two games to spare.

November 7th - La Liga - Sevilla 1 Zaragoza 1

Vicente scored again in an even match, bit disappointed as I was hoping to win all the home games in the league. This draw helped Madrid catch up with us and we slipped to 3rd place closely followed by surprise packages of Almeria and Getafe lead by the impressive Soldado.

November 10th - Copa Del Rey 4th Round 2nd Leg - Sevilla 3 Melilla 0

Kanoute and Negrado started up front in an easy win, expected to score more really but the 3-0 win was comfortable even Escude the CB scored as well as the two front men. Negrado was trying to secure a first team place ahead of Luis Fabiano but both had been inconsistent this season so far.

November 18th - La Liga - Sevilla 1 Tenerife 0

An 8 day rest between this game and the last meant I was hoping for an easy win against a struggling team. It was a hard fought victory Kanoute scored again showing why he is the most consistent front man that we currently have.

November 21st - La Liga - Sevilla 2 Valencia 0

I hate playing against David Villa as he is so quick and has a great finish but he was kept quite another close match until Marchena was sent off for Valencia after 33 minutes. With Valencia down to 10 men I went all out for the win Steven Defour netted a thunderous shot on 44 minutes to put us ahead despite numerous chances we didn't score again until the 75th minute when CB Escude scored another. Great result but it was bad news to see Kanoute limp off and then get news that he will be out for at least 3 months.

November 24th - Champions League - Sevilla 1 Marseille 2

This result didn't really matter but it was still annoying to lose at home to an inferior side. Luis Fabiano scored in the first half ben Cheyrou and Ben Arfa hit back in the second half to give Marseille a much needed win in their pursuit with Inter for 2nd place.

November 29th - La Liga - Mallorca 2 Sevilla 3

Mallorca were unlucky in this match they had lots of shots but mostly from long range. Luis Fabiano scored twice in the first half an hour to put us 2-0 up but Mallorca hit back 5 minutes from half time, they scored again to make it 2-2 within a minute of second half kicking off. NEgrado won a penalty and kept his nerve to net it himself just before the hour mark. A lucky win but a win is a win no matter what.

January Targets

Very good month dropping just two points in the league. Despite the positives which included the form of Luis Fabiano and the general way the team was playing we would have to cope without Kanoute for at least 3 months. At the start of December the board raised the transfer budget to £23 million, now I had to decide to either change formation or stick with 4-4-2 and hope Negrado and Fabiano would not get injured.

I decided to stick with 4-4-2 but to bring in another striker, I looked at Getafe's Soldado who had an impressive 14 goals in 16 games I bid £12 million and had the offer accepted and also the contract. I forgot then that in Spain domestic players do not move clubs until the end of the season so I cancelled the deal. After much negotiating I managed to get an offer for Edin Dzeko of Wolfsburg accepted, it was a big risk at £18.25 million but I decided to go for it and clicked accept. He will arrive in one months time on the 2nd of January, I am hoping he can push to start every game and provide cover, competition and replacement for Negrado and Fabiano.

Cheers CAFC, there is still a long way to go but we are doing well although there will be some inconsistent results soon it always happens.

December Update, looking forward to the Xmas break

2nd December - La Liga - Sevilla 1 Espanyol 1

Disappointing really, Capel put us ahead just after the half hour mark with a brilliant individual goal but after that we slowly drifted away and didn't create enough. Tamudo punished us when he equalised in the second half, fair results in a pretty boring match.

5th December - La Liga - Sevilla 1 Getafe 1

Getafe were midtable but starting to show some good form, Soldado was scoring lots of goals but he didn't score against us. Once again we took the lead through Negrado but another draw was even more disappointing.

9th December - Champions League - Inter Milan 4 Sevilla 1

We were totally out classed and some of our players went missing against the big sides which seems to happen sometimes. Inter totally dominated the game and deserved to win 4-1, sometimes I think FM over rates Inter. Their attacking flair we just couldn't handle at all, this was the most embarrassing defeat scoreline wise in my short career so far.

12th December - La Liga - At. Madrid 1 Sevilla 1

At. Madrid were struggling a bit and were in and around the relegation zone. If they could go down I would raid them for at least 4 players. They played well Sergio Aguero putting them in front just before an hour but then Navas equalised for us to give us a well deserved point although yet another draw and we were starting to drift away from the top two.

20th December - La Liga - Sevilla 1 Athletic 1

The Basque only team were chasing European places at this stage and they came and attacked us going 1-0 up thanks to Orbaiz getting forward for a simple header. We fought back and our goal came from Vicente in the second half. Lucky for us their top scorer Llorente got injured in the first half and they couldn't finish anymore of the chances they created. Yet another draw making it 4 in a row.

2nd January - La Liga - Sevilla 3 Barcelona 3

After a couple of weeks off we hosted a match against undefeated Barcelona who were playing brilliantly. We started well and at half time we were 2-0 ahead thanks to Navas and Negrado, the half time team talked must have not worked too well as in only 14 minutes Henry scored, Messi netted a penalty and Xavi scored a screamer to put Barcelona 3-2 up. I switched to overload and Negrado broke free in the 93rd minute and finished well to give us our 5th draw in a row.

League Table Just Before Barcelona Game

We were at the start of the transfer window in 3rd trailing leaders Barcelona by 9 points and only 1 point behind 2nd placed Real Madrid. Edin Dzeko arrived for a big fee and would be featuring a lot in upcoming games as it is clear that we miss Kanoute big time. I thought Fabiano would be the main man but he is so inconsistent that I needed another option so in came Dzeko. I also got Sergio Canales for £2 million who is a young Spanish attacking CM. He would get a few games as Defour and Van der Vaart were just not performing very well at all.

Champions League

We topped our group and despite the hammering we got from Inter Milan they were defeated by Marseille who then went on to beat Unirea Urziceni 4-2 and knock Inter out at the group stages. The line up for the first knockout round was.

Real Madrid Vs Porto

CSKA Moscow Vs AC Milan

Juventus Vs Liverpool

Bordeaux Vs Sevilla

Fiorentina Vs Man United

Marseille Vs Barcelona

Lyon Vs Chelsea

FC Kobenhavn Vs Arsenal

We had a good draw and I expected us to progress to the next round reasonably easy. Although they were undefeated in a group containing AC Milan, AZ and Dinamo. Dzeko would not be able to play either.

Start of a New Year

After all the draws in the league we really needed a win to get going again, I suppose the draws are better than defeat but its still not good enough and represents way too many points dropped especially at home.

Cracking start Acidburn but your December form was a bit wobbly.

Why do you think you are drawing quite a few at home? Looks to me as though you are scoring first most of the time but not killing teams off with a second goal.

Good read anyway and well done on your progress so far. Hope you can turn your home ground into a fortress again:thup:

Cheers Crouchy. I do not know what is happening with the home form it's a bit strange we seem to play well enough but not score the chances we get, could be coincidence but Kanoute's injury seem to be at the time when we stop scoring enough.

Can't get any screenshots at the moment for this update sorry.

January Update - Seeing in the New Year

6th January - Copa Del Rey 5th Round First Leg - Valladolid 1 Sevilla 1

Sevilla Goal Scorers - Edin Dzeko

Dzeko began life at Sevilla with a goal in a very even match and the first in a trilogy against Valladolid, I had hoped for more than a draw but with the home leg still to come we were easy favourites to progress.

10th January - La Liga - Valladolid 1 Sevilla 2

Sevilla Goal Scorers - Luis Fabiano, Jesus Navas

A better scoreline for us and a better match we played really well, Dzeko set up both of the goals with a neat pass for Fabiano to finish easily from 10 yards. The second Dzeko held up the ball before laying it off to the cutting in Navas who rifled it into the bottom corner.

15th January - Copa Del Rey 5th Round Second Leg - Sevilla 3 Valladolid 1

Sevilla Goal Scorers - Luis Fabiano x2, Diego Capel

An easy win sends us through to the next round, Fabiano starting to show some more form. It really helps him having Dzeko next to him as they seem to have hit it off really well. A pleasing score that sets up a quarter final match against the mighty Barcelona.

17th January - La Liga - Sevilla 3 Xerez 0

Sevilla Goal Scorers - Edin Dzeko, Jesus Navas and Van der Vaart

Good to see the new signing score again. Navas seems to get a good amount of goals with his pace and VDV finally does something right, I think he will be moved on unless he starts playing a hell of a lot better. Bought to make the team tick he just looks out of place at times. Good to get a home victory again after all the draws.

20th January - Copa Del Rey - Quarter Final First Leg- Barcelona 3 Sevilla 1

Sevilla Goal Scorers - Van der Vaart

Pitiful performance as Barcelona ran riot and could have won by more than 2 goals, Van der Vaart scored a cracking freekick but every other player underperformed it will be very tough to turn around this match in the 2nd leg.

24th January - La Liga - Tenerife 1 Sevilla 2

Sevilla Goal Scorers - Edin Dzeko, Rojas o.g.

An easy away win was great again after so many draws in the league. Dzeko scored a deserved goal and an own goal sealed the win over a decent Tenerife side. They put up a good fight and probably deserved a draw but that didn't bother me too much.

27th January - Copa Del Rey - Quarter Final Second Leg- Sevilla 1 Barcelona 0

Sevilla Goal Scorers - Steven Defour

We just couldn't get the second goal that would have sent us through. The team performed much much better than last time out and it was a deserved win for us. Its such a pity we couldn't knock Barcelona out would have been a great morale boost for the whole club but a win is still a decent result.

30th January - La Liga - Sevilla 0 Malaga 0

Sevilla Goal Scorers - n/a

Another draw in the league sees us fail to capitalise and pick up the win. It's a pity as we would have moved ahead of Madrid with a win. To not even score was pretty poor really as Malaga are not that strong of a team, our strikers really should have secured a home win for us but failed to do so.

Inconsistent January

End of Jan League Table

We were level with Madrid until they won their game in hand and 7 points off Barcelona. Too many draws threaten to ruin the season as far as title challenge goes. I think we are miles behind the big two in terms of squad but we can put out a starting 11 that can perform as well as any of their 11 could. Hope to try and put an end to the draws in February and climb the table. I also would like to have gone through in the Copa Del Rey but it was not to be, this ends my quest for any trophies I cannot see us winning the league or the Champions League but you never know.

Dzeko has been a decent signing not scoring loads of goals but his overall play has helped the team pick up some points. In the summer I plan on trying to sell and bring in a number of players as the squad does have some defensive weaknesses.

Cheers Elrithral, Barcelona are brilliant their defence is the best part of their team they are so hard to beat.

February and March Update

February 6th - La Liga - Villarreal 2 Sevilla 2

Sevilla Goal Scorers - Squillaci and Dzeko

We should have won but a draw away against a reasonably strong side is a decent result. Dzeko was starting to hit form and should have had more than one goal.

February 14th - La Liga - Osasuna 0 Sevilla 2

Sevilla Goal Scorers - Fazio and Duscher

All the strike power we have and CB Fazio scores a great header from a freekick and Duscher shows the strikers how to do it as the DMC scores a great placed shot into the bottom corner to give us an easy away win.

February 17th - Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg- Bordeaux 0 Sevilla 0

This game was harder than I thought it would be as Bordeaux proved to be a good defensive team and kept it at 0-0 for the first leg. I would have liked an away goal but a draw is okay, it means we have it all to do in the second leg at home.

February 21st - La Liga - Sevilla 3 Deportivo 0

Sevilla Goal Scorers - Dzeko, Kanoute and Navas

Very easy win as Deportivo continued to struggle this defeat keeping them in the relegation zone. Dzeko and Kanoute were becoming the number one striker force at our club keeping out Fabiano and Negrado but for how long? This area is our strongest and one bad game see's the player replaced in the starting line up.

February 27th - La Liga - Sevilla 0 Real Madrid 1

Disappointment we needed to win this to put a firm hold on 2nd place but we were outshone by the worlds most expensive player Cristiano Ronaldo who scored a great run and and finish to lift Real Madrid above us in the table. It was going to be hard to claim even 2nd place now.

March 6th - La Liga - Espanyol 2 Sevilla 3

Sevilla Goal Scorers - Dzeko and Luis Fabiano x2

Kanoute didn't play well and was replaced with Fabiano who fired a warning to the other strikers with two very well taken goals. The scoreline makes the game seem closer than it was as we should have won 5-2 but Espanyol were lucky and scored a 90th minute goal from Tamudo to get back into the game but it was too little too late and we went on to secure the win.

March 9th - Champions League - Sevilla 1 Bordeaux 0

Sevilla Goal Scorers - Capel

Another tight and boring game Capel came on at half time and broke the hearts of the Bordeaux fans by scoring a screamer of a shot in the 89th minute to send us through to the next round. I was hoping to face some English opposition in the quarter finals and I will get my wish.

March 14th - La Liga - Sevilla 2 Almeria 1

Sevilla Goal Scorers - Kanoute and Dzeko

Kanoute came back in to replace Fabiano and scored once again it was the number one strike force with a goal each giving us the win over Almeria who were flying high in the table.

March 21st - La Liga - Racing 3 Sevilla 2

Sevilla Goal Scorers - Kanoute and Dzeko

The two main men scored again but it was in vain as Racing managed a surprise win over us. With Madrid still not losing since they beat us this put us further behind them and I had the feeling that this season has 3rd place written all over it.

March 28th - La Liga - Sevilla 2 Sporting 1

Sevilla Goal Scorers - Kanoute x2

Kanoute was the man of the match as we beat Sporting and quickly got back to winning ways. The match itself was pretty close but in the end our superior fire power saw us take all 3 points.

Champions League Draw

Porto Vs AC Milan

Sevilla Vs Liverpool

Man United Vs Barcelona

Arsenal Vs Chelsea

It was a good draw for us Liverpool were struggling to make the Champions League places in the EPL and I had a good feeling that we could knock them out and progress to the next round. If we could keep Torres quiet then this one should be in the bag, especially if we can build up a decent lead in the first leg at our ground.

March 31st - Champions League Quarter Final 1st Leg - Sevilla 2 Liverpool 0

Sevilla Goal Scorers - Negrado x2

Dzeko was cup tied so I decided to go with Negrado and the in form Kanoute upfront. Glen Johnson brougth down Capel in the area and Negrado confidently buried the penalty kick hard and low past Reina. Negrado broke free from the defence and netted a great finish as we dominated the game from start to finish and Liverpool rarely troubled us.

February and March Done With

We were looking good in the Champions League following the win over Liverpool and just had to grab a draw at Anfield to ensure that we go through. The league was another matter we had dropped to 3rd and the impressive Barcelona were running away with it and Madrid had moved 5 points clear of us. Madrid have an easy run in to the end of the season and with 7 games left they would have to lose at least two games for us to try and get 2nd place. All we could do was play and try to win and hope that they slip up.

The team as a whole were playing very well Fazio was solid at the back and all four strikers were chipping in with goals especially Dzeko and Kanoute. Navas was inconsistent on the right wing either playing wicked or completely crap the other wingers on the left Capel and Vicente were pretty good and grabbing a fair few assists. Defour and Van der Vaart were under performing and need more from the middle if we are to try and move through the Champions League and win our remaining league games.

They are both playing at AMR and AML and set to support and wingers. Sometimes they play good and sometimes they play bad. The second season which I will write an update for tomorrow is when I start to buy some decent players.

End of Season Update

April 3rd - La Liga - Zaragoza 2 Sevilla 1

Sevilla Goalscorers - Dzeko

After the Liverpool win this result was very frustrating and it also helped Getafe get within 3 points of us, what had been a battle for 2nd place had turned into a battle for 3rd as Soldado single handedly helped Getafe into the Champions League spots. We went 2-0 down after 56 minutes but two minutes later Dzeko pulled one back but it wasn't enough.

April 6th - Champions League Quarter Final 2nd leg - Liverpool 1 Sevilla 1

Sevilla Goalscorers - Luis Fabiano

I had wanted English opposition and had got them after winning the first leg pretty easily all we had to do was get a draw or even lose 1-0. We did what was needed and Liverpool never threatened us as we secured out semi-final place.

April 10th - La Liga - Valencia 1 Sevilla 1

Sevilla Goalscorers - Diego Capel

Valencia were midtable so this draw was a little annoying we needed to bounce back soon as Getafe were still chasing us closely for 3rd place.

April 18th - La Liga - Sevilla 7 Mallorca 2

Sevilla Goalscorers - Dzeko x4, Negrado x2 and Fazio

We bounced back easily and Dzeko destroyed Mallorca with some help from Negrado who was in fine form. Could and perhaps should have been double figures for us but 7-2 is a emphatic victory.

April 21st - Champions League Semi Final 1st Leg - Sevilla 4 AC Milan 5

Sevilla Goalscorers - Squillaci, Luis Fabiano x2 and Negrado

We had drawn AC Milan in the Semi Final and battled hard in a great game at home. We were unlucky when Romaric got sent off after a mere 2 minutes. This didn't stop us going 2-0 up and even 3-1 but the extra man made the difference in the second half as Milan came back to go 5-3 up then Negrado pulled back another late on. It would be hard to go through now but I feel we have a chance with Negrado in such fine form we can surely score at least 2 at the San Siro.

April 24th - La Liga - Sevilla 0 At. Madrid 1

Sevilla Goalscorers - n/a

Another league loss against a team I hate playing against on any FM. We were lucky that Getafe also lost which kept us ahead of them by 4 points now. We deserved to lose this match if this was real life I would say we had one eye on the return leg with Milan.

April 27th - Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg - AC Milan 2 Sevilla 3

Sevilla Goalscorers - Zambrotta o.g. Konko and Defour

Due to injuries Konko the attacking rightback made his first start for the club. Milan were 2-0 up and cruising after an hour but then Zambrotta scored a goal for us after a Negrado shot was viciously deflected into his own net. We then came back to 3-2 up with 10 minutes left after playing on overload for the last 30 minutes we had a couple of chances but our luck wasn't going to well and we crashed out on away goals.

May 1st - La Liga - Barcelona 3 Sevilla 0

Sevilla Goalscorers - n/a

Totally battered by a rampant Barcelona on their way to the league title. Nothing much to say apart from we were outfought and outplayed in every area.

May 5th - La Liga - Getafe 1 Sevilla 1

Sevilla Goalscorers - Negrado

An important match that we had to avoid defeat and we did as we silenced Soldado and took a valuable point that saw us retain a decent lead over Getafe for 3rd place.

May 9th - La Liga - Sevilla 3 Valladolid 0

Sevilla Goalscorers - Dzeko x3

Dzeko had another bout of goalscoring genius as he destroyed Valladolid on his own. Getafe also lost so 3rd place was ours easily now.

May 16th - La Liga - Athletic 0 Sevilla 1

Sevilla Goalscorers - Perotti

A slim win over a decent side in an uneventful game. There really is nothing more to say about this match lol.

La Liga Final League Table

We made a good run at the league and finished where I expected we would the media tipped us to finish 5th so all in all it was a decent season. I will hope to clinch 2nd place next year but it will take a few buys and a few sales to get the team that I want to get.

Team of the Season

Our team of the year good to see all 4 strikers getting goals although some of that is down to their inconsistent team mates. I will move one of them on in the transfer window as I will look to strengthen the defence.

Second Season Transfer Out

Alfaro £7 million to Wolves

Luis Fabiano £20.5 million to Barcelona

Acosta £7.5 million to AC Milan

Escude £3.9 million to Barcelona

Romaric £4 million to Spartak Moscow

Perotti £5 million to Zenit

Zakora £2 million to West Ham

Duscher £2.5 million to Malaga

Defour £12 million to Genoa

Van der Vaart Part Ex for Veloso

Defour had not performed so I got rid of him his tackling is way too low for a CM in my opinion so I shipped him out at a £2 million profit. Luis Fabiano started to moan so I let him go as I hate arrogant players and that price for someone nearly 30 is pretty good in my view. With the money from the transfer budget and the money through sales I had an incredible £100 million spend after I had adjusted to give me more wages. So I went on spending.

Second Season Transfers In

David Villa from Valencia £50 million may rise to £60 million

Joe Hart from Man City £1.7 million

Ruben De La Red from Real Madrid £4 million

David Bentley from Spurs £7.5 million

M. Diarra from Real Madrid £2.3 million

Martin Demichelis from FC Bayern £15 million

Diego Milito from Barcelona £2.5 million

Cesar Azpilicueta from Osasuna £6.5 million

Miguel Veloso from Sporting £5 million plus Rafael Van der Vaart

What can I say I love my attackers the David Villa fee was split to £30 million upfront and £20 million over 48 months. Last season the club was making around £2 million a month so the payments shouldn't be a problem, once I knew Valencia would finish below us I decided I had to get this guy in he is pure brilliance and in my opinion the best striker on the game. Veloso, De La Red and Diarra would add some steal to the middle of the park as I would look to play a 4-4-2 with 2 DMC's. Bentley is there to give Navas some competition for the right wing slot. Milito and Demichelis bring experience to the back line and competition for Fazio the young stopper. Demichelis and Fazio can both play DMC as well which should help us out. Joe Hart is a replacement for Palop who is 36 now.

The question is can I complete my quest to beat Barcelona and Madrid?

I only make a profit by selling players. At the moment I lose around £1 million a month but the Champions League money plus prize money and the TV money makes a decent profit at the end of the season. Usually end up with around £40 million in the bank at the start of a new season.

I only make a profit by selling players. At the moment I lose around £1 million a month but the Champions League money plus prize money and the TV money makes a decent profit at the end of the season. Usually end up with around £40 million in the bank at the start of a new season.

Thanks. What's your wage bill per month?

Just under £1 million a week.

Thanks again. I'm still puzzled about the financing though.

At the start of season four I've shaved about 140k pw off the wage bill but there will still be a big loss each month. (I finished in 7th place last season having taken over the team with them in 18th place).

NOW FOR THE REALLY CONFUSING BIT; I have 23m in the bank and a transfer budget of 50m! If I spend this the team will be 27m in debt AND losing money each month.

PLEASE, can anyone explain how the team owners can give me this budget under these circumstances? So far as I can tell, if I spend it I bankrupt them!! Thanks.

I always get a budget of around £48 million despite having between £30 million and £40 million in the bank. The thing that differs from my game and yours is that I have champions league football for every group win I get over 500k along with £20 plus million for TV money. I also get the prize money along with £6 million just for getting into it. If you qualify for the champions league then the money will be okay the following season. I have seen it a few times on FM10 and FM09 where you will get a budget higher than what your balance is, personally I just don't bother spending it.

Archived