FM08 - F.C Barcelona - Home Of The Spanish Giants

jonahno6

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting your teamtalks can be the difference in losing or winning. I have a very determined squad which means I can be more harsh with them even when winning games. icon_biggrin.gif Even if your player gets upset by the time the next match comes the concern will go away and it doesn't effect morale.

Good job icon_biggrin.gif and g'luck in the Champs league.

I'm an idiot. Played all my youngsters in Champs league 5th match in group (already qualified) against HSV, thinking it was a home game.

It was away and it was too late when I realised. Eventually lost 4-3, with Sakho playing on a 5 the whole match but I didn't have any defenders on sub bench :/

My unbeaten run comes to an end after 67 matches - my record. Damn the kids!

Cech isn't doing too well for me atm. Conceding about a goal a game on average. Luckily my attackers are making up it.

Just looked at Valdes, Played 22, conceded 1 LOL. Shoulda kept him eh :/

Be harsh on him at halftime if he has a rating of 6 or 7. Its usually his kicking that lets him down.He was like that with me but now he has become unbeatable. Especially in the Madrid game it said in commentary that Cech was keeping Real at bay. Takes time for players to settle in.

December has arrived, and with it, so has the much awaited injury-craze! icon_biggrin.gif

Kaka - out for 3 months

Messi - out for 1 month

Albiol - out for 1 month

Marcelo - out for 2 weeks

Isaksson - out for 2 weeks

(Daniel Alves and Rafinha just returned from 1 month injuries - my other RBs out on loan so had to play Taiwo RB)

Just looked at how Wijnaldum's doing - loaned him out to R.Madrid. He's a 1st team regular. Played 15, scored 4, assisted 9, AR 7.31. And he scored goal of the month last season. A lob from the edge of the semi-circle around the centre spot. His value has gone from 4M to 8M since I loaned him out. He's also a 1st team regular for Holland. Developing well icon_smile.gif

Going to sell VDV, Cani, Makoun, Pandev, Isaksson, Farfar, Flamini probably at the end of the season if no-one buys them n January.

Originally posted by adonis:

Be harsh on him at halftime if he has a rating of 6 or 7. Its usually his kicking that lets him down.He was like that with me but now he has become unbeatable. Especially in the Madrid game it said in commentary that Cech was keeping Real at bay. Takes time for players to settle in.

Oh ok. I just don't want to unsettle him :/

Put their asking price to 0 and alot of clubs will be come interested. Then negiotiate it over 24 months has you don't need the money upfront. You can usually get one and half times their value over the 24 months with zero being paid upfront. With players with less than 15 international caps use the fee after one cap option. icon_wink.gif

Put their asking price to 0 and alot of clubs will be come interested. Then negiotiate it over 24 months has you don't need the money upfront. You can usually get one and half times their value over the 24 months with zero being paid upfront. With players with less than 15 international caps use the fee after one cap option. icon_wink.gif

See I knew none of this lol.

I always just put up a price and offer him out. How much should I ask for after 1 international cap?

Eg. a player is worth 5M. How much should I ask over 24 months and after 1 cap?

You will get more with good players obviously.

For £5m try £10m at first when teams offer you 0. If no one comes back put his asking price back to 0 wait a day then they will bid for him again, and you can then try £8m.

Fot int caps works better if he is young and has talent and has less than 15 already. Sometimes you can get 10/15/20m, stupid AI!! Choose a decent price if they accept great if not go abit lower next time. Helps if the other club is a high rep and rich one.

Just beat Inter 6-1 on agg and will play Real Madrid in the final. Sergio Ramos has now lost his place to Silvestri who is much better going forward and doesn't get caught on the ball. Will give Ramos a few games has DMC while I rest my first teamers for some league games.

Nice win adonis. Yeah, I never buy Ramos, Silvestri is a lot better as a RB.

This is getting ridiculous - 9 out of 10 matches, the oppositions keeper gets MOM with a rating of 9 nearly all the time. Why is every keeper a super-keeper against me. They gotta sort this out. The only time that one of my players manage to get MOM is if they score a hat-trick or something, which is almost never because every keeper is invincible.

Top of the league by 12 pts after 23 matches, Kaka and Pandev have 2 weeks left on their injuries, and now Fernandez is out for 2 months. I managed to go 47 games without losing in the league, but lost away to Valencia, 2-1. Very close match.

Kroos is absolutely awesome, getting an 8 almos every match. His "long shots" is only 15, but he smacks them in regardless icon_biggrin.gif

Aguero has the highest AR in my team, with 7.84, scoring 31 and assisting 13 in 31 matches.

Akinfeev came in last month (January) as I unsettled him and his contract expired. I thought I got him for free, but I paid 6M copensation. I'm fine with it, he's a good back-up for Cech.

Fabregas is unsettled, though I'm not too keen on buying him. He wont fit into my formation.

Balotelli, Walcott, Vicente, M.Johnson, Elano all coming in on a free at the end of the season. Elano and Vicente will hit age 30 so I'll sell the off when they come. I'll keep the others.

I sold Mascherano for £11.75M + 50%.

The reason they always play good is to keep the goals down for a human manager, which sucks. I can't see the new patch being that much improved, talking from past experience.

Sergio Ramos has PPM of tries trick which gets him into trouble. I had the same problem with Dani Alves which is why I sold him, constantly getting caught on the ball.

Gonna get rid off Jesus Navas as I don't play with wingers, he always gets injured when he does get a game.

Regards to selling a player when you put him on the list with asking price of 0 also make sure his squad status is not needed by club.

End of Season 2011/12

Treble yet again along with the Supercups and World Club Cup.

Beat Real 3-1 in Champion League Final.

Best players yet again Aguero, Fernandez, Messi and Silva. Goals and assists galore.

Fernandez helped by scoring 16 penalties icon_biggrin.gif.

Squad:

01132008234414ur2.th.jpg

Didn't rotate as much has I use too. Albiol and Pique playing 60+ matches.

Will probably freshen things up abit during the summer. Not entirely sure where, my youngsters in the b squad aren't improving has they should due to the regen/training bug so will be selling them off.

Regards to selling a player when you put him on the list with asking price of 0 also make sure his squad status is not needed by club.

Yeah, I did that with VDV. 1 club becomes interested, then I offer to sell him for 5M over 24 months but they aren't interested.

Congratulations on yet another successful season icon_biggrin.gif And wow, your players AR's are HIGH! Jeez you must be a great manager.

Yeah Fernandez always great at knocking in those penalties icon_biggrin.gif Messi hasn't done well for me in AMC, Giovani has been performing a lot better, recently scoring a hat-trick, been playing on an 8-9 my last few games.

Is there a regen training bug? Because I'm looking to buy some regens aged 15-18 at around 2-5M each, Desailly says they have to PA to become as good as Messi, Aguero, Zapata, Sunny.

Yeh I think there is a bug there was a thread over at GQ few days ago. They progress really slow one or two points a season!!! My youngsters have hardly improved with 7 star training, worst part is the physical stats which are *****!! Might be different for other people, don't know.

Ah. Well I wont buy these guys then, will be a waste of like 4M each if they don't turn out to be anywhere near as good as their PA.

On a side note, playing Betis in CL SF in next match so I played my youngsters vs Recreativo in the league. I subbed Thiago on (for Kroos who played on a 9, 2 goals 1 assist) as an AMC on the 80th min and he scored a beauty from 35 yards on the 82nd min. Kroos is tutoring Thiago atm, musta taught him how to shoot icon_biggrin.gif The top clubs are after him but I don't want to sell him, he's really improving icon_biggrin.gif

I need to sell either Cana or Makoun at the end of the season (don't want too many DMs), but not sure who I should sell. They're both 27, any suggestions on who usually performs better?

Forgot to mention it was Thiago's debut, so he scored 2 minutes into his debut icon_biggrin.gif

Higuain's release clause is £9.5M. But he wants 100k p/w. Think it's worth it? Keep in mind my current wage spendings is 1.3M p/w, and max is 2M p/w.

Fabregas is still unsettled but still isn't looking for a new challenge.

And VDV finally got a bid from Roma of 10M over 12 months! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Gonna ask for more if possible

I would sell both Cana and Makoun has you have Sunny and Mascherano. Or have you sold Masch? If yes then keep Cana but I have never played with any of the two.

I could of got Higuain for around £9m but he doesn't improve much in the future he went to Arsenal and was average. Plus being a South American you don't want too many of them in your squad.

Yeah I sold Mascherano for something like 11M + 50%. Whenever I played him he played on a 6. I checked and he has an AR of 6.42 at his current club. I guess I'll put both up for sale and see which one I get a higher offer for.

Hmm, Higuain has been Madrid's main striker and he's scored something like 27 in 35. I just thought it'd be a good investment and back-up player. I can probably get something like 20M for him later. Also, i never have more than 1 Non-EU in my squad anyway so wont be a problem.

What the hell is wrong with the Barca board?!?!?!? The club is worth over 1 Billin and yet they accepted an offer of 20M for Pandev. I don't play him anyway but I'm sure I coulda got about 25M + 50%. I'm on a selling spree atm. Trying to make the squad size smaller.

Fabregas wants a new challenge now, but Arsenal aren't letting him go still.

If a player is on the transfer list the board will accept offers. Another thing that needs to be sorted out in the new patch. If he wants 100k then he won't accept a backup role, you can try then maybe sell him off later when he complains.

Become friends with the Arsenal manager i got him for 40m when they originally wanted 70m.

I gave him a rotation role, and he accepted 90K p/w.

Hmm, I'll give that a go. Might take a while to become friends though, fastest way to keep praising his manegerial abilities?

Haha, Madrid just offered 22M + 30% + Nazarith (Desailly says he can be as good as Aguero) for Wijnaldum (age 20) icon_biggrin.gif

Declined ofcourse, Desailly says he has the PA to become better than Messi icon_redface.gif

The board just accepted a 16.5M + 50% offer for Adrian. Not bad since I got him for free, and I'll never use him as a striker.

Just say Arsenal should be proud of the manager. Then he will reply back either positive or not. If positive then reply back using another one of the options. After a few comments he will feel that two of you can become friends. then just do it again til your in his fav list.

Have already sold Jesus Navas to Real Madrid for £20m over 24 months, he was only worth 12m and I got him for 10m.

Sadly Silvestri is now looking for a new challenge having achieved all he can with Barca. But I have put a price tage of £50m. Torres also wants to leave but would rather keep him has backup has he can play anywhere in defence. Might get of rid off Lulinha if I get a good offer looking to play some of my youngsters, hopefully they will improve with 1st team football if not training.

I'm friends with the Arsenal manager now but he still wont accept my offers.

Nice amount there for Navas, I've never liked him much tbh. Lulinha still isn't ready in my game. Silvestri too, not that great yet, but that's because I haven't played him at all.

I wanna use my youngsters too, wish I didn't buy Kaka. But I'm getting offers of straight up 30.5M for him so I only lose 7.5M from 18 months of his help.

I'm gonna decline the £80M + 50% offer for Wijnaldum. He's looking too good and I don't need the money atm (don't wanna spend much on incoming transfers)

I was thinking of starting with Barca, as i have not treid the spanish leagues yet,

But ive read on other part of the fourm, that there is a regestration bug or something iirc, is there a way of getting round it?

Also in the youth team, what are the better youth players worth keeping?

I was thinking of playing a 4-2-3-1 system aswell.

Cheers

Originally posted by lfc25:

I was thinking of starting with Barca, as i have not treid the spanish leagues yet,

But ive read on other part of the fourm, that there is a regestration bug or something iirc, is there a way of getting round it?

Also in the youth team, what are the better youth players worth keeping?

I was thinking of playing a 4-2-3-1 system aswell.

Cheers

Yes there is a way that works for me but not others.

Best youngsters will be Bojan and dos Santos. With the right training and competitive matches prospects will also include Thiago, Iago, Crosas (sp) and Valiente.

4-2-3-1 system is best suited to Spanish football, sell Henry and use Etoo has your striker with Bojan has backup. You can get a good amount for Henry.

Thanks, i think i will use ronaldinho on the left & messi on the right, maybe iesita (sp) for AMC?

I was thinking of selling gudjohsen aswell, maybe buying a back up keeper & buy some young players like, saviet, sakho, wijdium (sp) etc

I played Messi on the right and Ronny on the left but you could make them swap positions to confuse the AI.

About the bug like I said it works for me and not others:

Start of August (I think) and end of December you will get a news item saying registration is open. Choose your players in the B and first squad, never mind about the C squad has they play no fixtures anyway. Then on 31st August and January you will get another item saying the window (registration not transfer window) closes tomorrow. At that point register your players again make sure you don't miss this news item on the 31st. Then go on holiday and make sure you come back on the 2nd Sept and 2nd Feb. Hopefully your B squad will be registered. You do miss out on your european squad registration but if you have a good asst manager then he usually picks the right players. Sometime you might get a match between the 31st and 2nd you still goona have to go on holiday no other way round it.

Hope thats clear for you. Do what I do save the game on the 31st register your squad and go on holiday come back on the 2nd if registration fails try it again with reload. Good luck.

I played Messi on the right and Ronny on the left but you could make them swap positions to confuse the AI.

About the bug like I said it works for me and not others:

Start of August (I think) and end of December you will get a news item saying registration is open. Choose your players in the B and first squad, never mind about the C squad has they play no fixtures anyway. Then on 31st August and January you will get another item saying the window (registration not transfer window) closes tomorrow. At that point register your players again make sure you don't miss this news item on the 31st. Then go on holiday and make sure you come back on the 2nd Sept and 2nd Feb. Hopefully your B squad will be registered. You do miss out on your european squad registration but if you have a good asst manager then he usually picks the right players. Sometime you might get a match between the 31st and 2nd you still goona have to go on holiday no other way round it.

Hope thats clear for you. Do what I do save the game on the 31st register your squad and go on holiday come back on the 2nd if registration fails try it again with reload. Good luck.

Thanks for the tip, its a lot clearer now, good advice, dont know what staff are like at barca, (apart from the scout bojan kirck) maybe Pako ayeston (sp) ex lfc assitant manager, as he has done a good job before for me.

Here is my team for the 2014/2015 season:

GK: Cech/Cibalt

DR: Maicon/Millar

DL: Bale/Villagra

DC: Felipe/Sakho

DC: Pique/Zapata

MC: Alonso/Veloso

MC: Fabregas/Ben Arfa

AMC R: Messi/Aguero

AMC L: Ronaldinho/Dos Santos

AMR C: Nasri/Vela

FW: Benzema/Bojan

As you can see thats not exactly a young team but a very consistent. Won the league and Copa del Rey every year but Champs Lge has been a farce icon_biggrin.gif 1 win and 4!!! lost finals icon_biggrin.gif and 2 lost semi finals to TEAM ROONEY.

Got Cech, Nasri, Ben Arfa and Alonso for free so Barca has a lot a money in the bank. Also by not spending and giving out high bonuses gives the team a good ole´kick in the behind.

And another thing about Real and other top teams in Spain. In my save they give my a good run for my money in the league, atleast one of them every season. I have to hit 90 points every season to win the title. Once Real got 97 with me hitting 99 (ouch icon_biggrin.gif). But it seems i´m the only one feeling the heat from Real.

Spanish teams tend to spend alot of money, first it was Real then Valencia now Seville are getting in on the attack in my game. Best thing about the Spanish league is you get competition not many very weak teams which keeps the game enjoyable.

So ive started my Barca save

UPDATE

Buys:

Tuia-Lazio-425k

Wijnaldum-Feyenoord-575k

Saivet-Bordeaux-475k

Sakho-PSG-425k

Dalla Valle-JIPPO-30k

Menez-Monaco-9.5m

Marcelo-R.Madrid-5.5m

Sells

Thuram-650k-Lyon

Oleguer-1.5m-Getafe

Gudjohnsen-4.5m-A.Madrid

Crosas-Loan-Sporting

Results

3-2 Sevilla ( Eto'o,Henry,Messi (Pen)) It was a good result with a very flukey Sevilla 2nd goal but overall i was happy.

5-0 Osasuna ( Henry (2), Eto'o, Zambrotta, Deco) Brilliant result, Deco's last minute goal was a world class team effort

2-0 Ath Madrid ( Henry, Eto'o (Pen)) A decent display but it should have been won by more Bojan Hitting the post and Menez the crossbar sums it up.

Managers Assesment

A good solid start with Henry being the leading man but Eto'o and Henry are starting to play well together. With Bojan on the bench making a couple good performances. Midfield is in good shape with Xavi and Iniesta making good starts. Deco on form. Defence seems pretty sharp so i cant really complain

Just one quick question, Is the Barcelona Transfer budget as outrageous as ive heard after the first season? because if it is there are a few players id like.

This is my first/second team at the start of the third season, what do you think?

GK - Akinfeev/Valdes

DR - Alves/Ramos

DL - Marcelo/Abidal

CB - Barzagli & Puyol/Milito & Marquez

MR - Silva/Ronaldinho

ML - Messi/Dos Santos

MC - Fabregas/Mascherano

AMC - Kaka/Van der Vaart

ST - Eto'o & Vela/Aguero & Bojan

The average age of the squad is 24.

Won the league in both seasons (unbeaten in the first season) with 100+ points & goals. Won the Champions League in the second season.

Originally posted by Rydo L:

I would sell Marquez or Milito or maybe both and look for a good CB, i.e Zapata, Criscito, Richards etc. I would also soon be looking for a young replacement for Abidal like Traore or Clichy.

Do need a replacement for Marquez as his contract is up at the end of the season and I am not planning to renew it. Will probably keep Abidal until the end of this season then replace him.

Bought Vela after your advice yesterday and he looks quality. Had to pay £40m for him but he has scored 3 goals in the first 2 games.

Well im in season 5 and this bug is ruining it for now I have now lost Armand Troare and an awesome regen who is back up for Lorenzo de Silvestri. For some reason it always registers 3 keepers this is how I lose some of my players.

Bojan has been in immense so far in season 5 played 22 scored 24 with a record of 14 and 19 in the league.

Archived