FM08 - F.C Barcelona - Home Of The Spanish Giants

jonahno6

I'm half-way through November 2009, and both Cech and VDV's contracts expire in less than 8 months! icon_biggrin.gif

Cech is still unsettled. I've been constantly offering Chelsea 20M for him for about a whole season - tiring but it might pay off - and now Cech wants a new challenge icon_biggrin.gif

Anyone ever snapped up Cech for free? And is he a top keeper? I've never had him and he lacks speed.

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet! icon_biggrin.gif

I accepted the offer as Czech Republic manager a few months back and he's been solid for me. Won 4, drew 1 away so far. Qualified into WC2010. Wouldn't have managed without Cech's great gk'ing icon_biggrin.gif

If I manage to snap him up, I'll sell off Valdes & Isaksson. I'll keep Ochoa as back-up.

When players say they want a new challenge, do they still do that stupid thing where they accept the clubs new contract offer, even though mine will offer 2x the wage?

Pandev out for 5 months!!! Dangit, was an awesome sub.

Originally posted by teeyougee:

When players say they want a new challenge, do they still do that stupid thing where they accept the clubs new contract offer, even though mine will offer 2x the wage?

QUOTE]

I don't think so. I think it only happens when you tap up a player who then starts to consider his options then afew days later signs a new contract. If he wants a new challenge then he obviously wants to leave asap.

Yeah, Fabregas always played on a 7 on my other save. I now know that MC & DM hardly ever get over a 7 unless they make an assist or score.

I'm thinking of selling Milito at the end of this season (3) when he hits 29 - and buying a replacement. I have Pique, Samba and Puyol, but I Pique doesn't seem ready, I want someone who can run faster than Samba and header better than Puyol.

I'm thinking Zapata. I think him and Albiol will be sold in defence, with Alves and Traore either side of them. He might cost around £25M though.

Anyone think I should buy someone else insead of Zapata? Please let me know

Check Criscito, but you can put your faith in Pique. He won't let you down!! He makes great partner for Albiol.

Sadly, I'll neglect my Barca save for awhile as I suddenly have the urge to start with Arsenal....sorry.

BTW can you jump to the Gooners tread and offer me some advice there? Thanks///

Originally posted by adonis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teeyougee:

I don't think so. I think it only happens when you tap up a player who then starts to consider his options then afew days later signs a new contract. If he wants a new challenge then he obviously wants to leave asap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool icon_biggrin.gif So 1 month away from being able to offer Cech a contract! icon_biggrin.gif Woohoo

Yonko, I'll give Pique a go this season. If he isn't ready for 1st team yet, I think I'll go with Zapata. Criscito is looking scary as usual but I'm leaning mre towards Zapata since he's better in the air and faster too.

Good luck with Arsenal.

I'm not too sure what to do with Valdes though if I manage to snap up Cech. He's been solid in goal.

He's conceded 3 goals in his last 15 matches, 15 clean sheets in 21 matches, AR 7.38.

He's valued at £14.5M so I can probably get a fair amount for him.

But should I keep him as back-up incase Cech can't perform in the Spanish league?

With a new GK it does take time for the defence and the gk to understand eachother. But Cech is very adaptable so will have no problems playing in Spain. The only reason I sold Valdes was because I had Lloris who was younger and he was less likely to complain about not playing. Valdes is coming to an age where he would expect to play every game so unless you plan on playing him and Cech then keep him. Otherwise sell him because he will get upset. I sold him to Chelsea for £15m because they needed a replacemnt for Cech icon_wink.gif.

Ah ok. Yeah I'll probably sell him. Isaksson's unsettled at being my sub now so I'll sell him too. I'll keep Ochoa as back-up, I don't think he'll complain.

Lol, Chelsea will probably buy Valdes off me too icon_razz.gif

- I'm getting ahead of myself here - 10days away from being able to offer Cech a contract and yet I'm talking as if I've already got him.

Sorry for double post i've won the double and the league here is my team.

Messi dragged me through to janary, then Eto'o dragged me through to the end of the season.

Here is my team

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9767/wooohoogg7.jpg

I mean i should be able to win the league

i've got de silvestre (spelling?) and Jussi and The monster masch coming. any suggestions on who to get rid of and who to keep/give more games stuff like that

Thank You

king karl - Get rid off Jorquera and Oleguer and Thuram. Silvestri is a good buy becomes a top RB who can play LB as well.

Personally I would cash in on Marquez and Deco while you can.

Maybe get a pacey CB to complete with Pique, Puyol and Milito. Raul Albiol springs to mind.

Get a striker to partner Etoo, Bojan is still young and Carroll not Barcelona quality. Maybe Aguero, Benzema, Cavani, Torres etc.

Whats your transfer buget?

Are other clubs interested in Cech? If so praise him and try and get yourself to be one of his fav personnel. That will sway him into signing for you and rejecting others.

Well 30th december has arrived and Cech is not interested in being offered a conract right now, but he wants a new challenge and is unsettled. No other clubs are interested at this moment.

I assume I can offer him a contract in about 4 months hopefully.

Also, I'm the Czech manager, and have been trying to become one of his favoured personnels

but haven't had any luck yet.

I always get a couple of regens from countries i have never even heard off. The quality of regens is not good anyway hopefully the new patch will change that.

Kaka is also unsettled in my game but he's about to turn 30, I could get him has I manage the Brazil team as well. Don't think I will though.

I usually only play 3 career games Barcelona, AC Milan and Man Utd (my fav team). Can't wait to start one with Kaka and Pato upfront.

Just had a very big result away from home with 10 men. Inspired by my leader MESSI.

01102008214813wg7.th.jpg

The PSG gk ended up with man of the match.

Originally posted by Sir frosinone:

Mate come to the milan thread as soon as its such a fun game this year so much better this year as you to dilodge inter from their perch and they dont have the points deduction.

I am waiting for the new patch then I will come over icon14.gif cba started a new game with all these fukin bugs!!

I usually only play 3 career games Barcelona, AC Milan and Man Utd (my fav team). Can't wait to start one with Kaka and Pato upfront.

Just had a very big result away from home with 10 men. Inspired by my leader MESSI.

01102008214813wg7.th.jpg

The PSG gk ended up with man of the match.

Nice match there. I hate when that happens. The oppositions goalkeeper gets MOM every other match in my game. So annoying.

Season 3 Mid-season Transfers:

IN:

Kaka - £38M

Zapata - £11.5M

Aaron - £3M

OUT:

Milito - 11.75M + 50%

Thiago [LOANED OUT]

Kaka and Zapata have made a great start.

Kaka scoring 3, assisting 2, 1 MOM in 3 matches.

So far, won 24 matches in a row and still continuing.

Wohoooooooooo!!! Finally won the treble! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif After 3 seasons, I finally did it! icon_biggrin.gif

And who better to beat in the CL finals than R.Madrid! I was missing 3 major players in this match - Kaka, Zapata and D.Alves. A very exciting match (in which Eto'o was useless in).

Champions League Final

G.dos Santos was a star, scoring 2 lobs after being subbed on!

9 of my players were in the CL dream team:

Champions League Dream Team

And I murdered the Spanish League:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj200/teeyougee/barcas3.jpg

I'm currently on a 48 match unbeaten record icon_biggrin.gif Only lost 1 match this season - an unlucky game where their keeper got MOM, and I had much more chances.

This has been my best season.

Player Stats

Offering Cech a contract now - his contract is expiring in June. Gotta sell Valdes though, even though, he's been great all season and thanks to his MOM performance I won the CL.

Wohoooooooooo!!! Finally won the treble! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif After 3 seasons, I finally did it! icon_biggrin.gif

And who better to beat in the CL finals than R.Madrid! I was missing 3 major players in this match - Kaka, Zapata and D.Alves. A very exciting match (in which Eto'o was useless in).

Champions League Final

I'm currently on a 48 match unbeaten record icon_biggrin.gif Only lost 1 match this season - an unlucky game where their keeper got MOM, and I had much more chances.

Player Stats

Offering Cech a contract now - his contract is expiring in June. Gotta sell Valdes though, even though, he's been great all season and thanks to his MOM performance I won the CL.

Can you let me know what skin your using please and where you got it from? Many thanks.

Right, I simply cannot get settled on a game with a 'lesser' team so it's time to start with Barcelona. My aim is to gobble up every competition I enter, whilst at the same time bringing in players for the future.

I will post updates mid season 1, then at the end of the season, then mid season 2 .. etc.

Not that you're interested of course icon_wink.gif

Start of Season 4

Transfers In:

Makoun - 2.2M (Madrid paid 9.25M in season 1. offered him to me)

Petr Cech - Free!!! icon_biggrin.gif

van der Vaart - Free

Huntelaar - Free

Transfers Out:

Eto'o - 24.5M + 50% [inter]

Victor Valdes - 18.5M [AC Milan]

Ochoa - 15.25M [Arsenal]-(Paid 5.75M for him 18months ago)

Baptista - 11.25M [betis]-(Got for free last season)

Huntelaar - 9M + 50% [Villarreal]-(Nice lil profit)

Puyol - 3.6M [Valencia]

Inter now have Abidal, Marquez, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o - quite a strong team.

GK: Cech (Isaksson)

DR: D.Alves (Rafinha)

DL: Traore (Taiwo)

DC: Albiol (Samba/Sakho)

DC: Zapata (Pique)

DM: Sunny (Mascherano/Makoun/Cana)

MR: Messi (G.dos Santos)

ML: Marcelo (Farfan)

AMC: Kaka (Kroos/van der Vaart)

AMC: M.Fernandez (Wijnaldum/Pandev)

STR: Aguero (Bojan)

I'm the richest club with £1.02B.

£232M transfer fees left and 710K p/w below wage budget.

Yeah I've been trying to sell Cana and Masch but no-one interested. I'll sell 2 off at the end of the season.

I could of got Silva for £50M last season but I didn't then he signed a contract with a 100M release. I'll buy him eventually but I'm happy with my AMs atm.

Dang, if you're not one of their fav personnel, try to be asap.

Champions League Final

Player Stats

Great success!!! ( as Borat would say icon_biggrin.gif)

But if you dare to play Pique more games, he would have as good AVR as Albiol!

I see Traore is the usual monster...You need to get more out of Messi though....Where does he play, MR or AMC? I reckon he would play better as AMC...

I hope you don't get Cech, as I think you should stick with Valdes....he's got Barca blood...

Start of Season 4

Transfers In:

Makoun - 2.2M (Madrid paid 9.25M in season 1. offered him to me)

Petr Cech - Free!!! icon_biggrin.gif

van der Vaart - Free

Huntelaar - Free

Transfers Out:

Eto'o - 24.5M + 50% [inter]

Victor Valdes - 18.5M [AC Milan]

Ochoa - 15.25M [Arsenal]-(Paid 5.75M for him 18months ago)

Baptista - 11.25M [betis]-(Got for free last season)

Huntelaar - 9M + 50% [Villarreal]-(Nice lil profit)

Puyol - 3.6M [Valencia]

Inter now have Abidal, Marquez, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o - quite a strong team.

GK: Cech (Isaksson)

DR: D.Alves (Rafinha)

DL: Traore (Taiwo)

DC: Albiol (Samba/Sakho)

DC: Zapata (Pique)

DM: Sunny (Mascherano/Makoun/Cana)

MR: Messi (G.dos Santos)

ML: Marcelo (Farfan)

AMC: Kaka (Kroos/van der Vaart)

AMC: M.Fernandez (Wijnaldum/Pandev)

STR: Aguero (Bojan)

I'm the richest club with £1.02B.

£232M transfer fees left and 710K p/w below wage budget.

Sorry, I just saw this....

No problem.

Yeah I play Messi MR, there's a lot of competetion for AM. I want him to play AM but that means I have to bench Kaka or Fernandez.

I want to play Pique, but he only had 15 tackling and about 12 speed and acceleration. That's why I can't play him instead of Albiol and Zapata atm.

Traore is bloody brilliant. Valued at about 15M+ atm. Probably the best LB in the game for me atm.

Yeah I really didn't wanna sell Valdes, but I can't say no to Cech for free can I? :/ Plus 18.5M isn't too bad.

Thanks anyway

I think Messi is better than Kaka in the 4th season, no?!

If you play Pique his attributes will improve

Good luck!

p.s. Sorry I don't have any updates on my game, as I'm totally into my new and first Arsenal game. They are also fun to play with.....

Yeah you're right Messi is better than Kaka. But I paid 38M for Kaka last season icon_razz.gif Gotta play him at least 1 more season. I know what you mean though, Messi is one of the best players in the game and I'm not maximising his abilities.

I'll play Pique in all Spanish Cup matches and most Champs League matches.

No probs, yeah Arsenal are fun, I had a season 3 save with them but I had to delete it because I didn't save it properly so it didn't load.

G'luck with Arsenal - and DON'T sell Traore - current ability 4 stars, potential ability is 5 stars. Still gonna be improving icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah you're right Messi is better than Kaka. But I paid 38M for Kaka last season icon_razz.gif Gotta play him at least 1 more season. I know what you mean though, Messi is one of the best players in the game and I'm not maximising his abilities.

I'll play Pique in all Spanish Cup matches and most Champs League matches.

No probs, yeah Arsenal are fun, I had a season 3 save with them but I had to delete it because I didn't save it properly so it didn't load.

G'luck with Arsenal - and DON'T sell Traore - current ability 4 stars, potential ability is 5 stars. Still gonna be improving icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry, but I can't help it. Messi is my favorite player IRL and in FM08.. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Too bad I can't have him in Arsenal yet. But I know what to do with the youngsters there. Traore will be getting new contracts every year. Hop over to that tread to see how I've started with them...

Archived