FM08 - F.C Barcelona - Home Of The Spanish Giants

jonahno6

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update on my game:

I added the Champions Cup to my trophy cabinet next to my La Liga title and Spanish Cup. I had a crazy second leg against Man U at Old Trafford! I won 4-3 and after the game the commentary was that it should've been taped and shown to everybody who thinks attacking football is dead. Then in the final I beat Inter 1-0 with Eto'o scoring the goal.

Messi ended as the best youth player and Ronaldinho was the player of the year in Spain. The goalscoring duties were shared nicely all around. Eto'o had the most but not enough to win the award. I was happy with Bojan and Dos Santos performances when I needed to rest my star quartet. Gudjohnsen also filled in nicely as needed.

Now I have some big decisions to make about transfers. As I said earlier, I have Riquelme and Edman coming on free as good back-ups.

Palermo want $67m. for Barzagli now and I'm not paying that much when I can get Albiol ($34m. release fee) and Breno ($16m. release fee) instead. I wanted to give Andrea a go in this save, but it looks like it wont happened. Silva is also someone I would consider adding for next year.

I'll go play now and update you all later.

Start of season 2010/11

Won Spanish Super Cup vs Real Madrid - 5-1 on agg.

Won European Super Cup vs Feyenoord - 1-0.

Champions League gropu consists of Juventus, Braga and Loko(Sofia).

Ended up buying Torres from Real MAdrid for £6m has Arsenal rejected a £50m for Traore. Even with a budget of £175m I wasn't going to pay that much.

Squad:

12262007234513kg3.th.jpg

adonis:

That's a very nice squad you got there icon14.gif. Kuddos for keeping it spanish and Barca youth based! May I say "I'm proud of you"? icon_biggrin.gif

What's your formation/tactics in a nutshell? How is Javi Martinez? I see Messi is the best...not surprised. Keep up the good work! icon14.gif

Just wanna update after a summer of transfers.

I'm very happy how I did on the market! I resisted many temptations icon_biggrin.gifand bought only two players - Criscito and Alou Diarra. Liverpool made a bid of $16m. for Criscito right before EURO 2008 and I made one too. Juve asked me for $27m. but I offerred only $19 + 20% sell-on and the sell was completed. Then Edman and Riquelme joined on free and the board announced my transfer budget for the season - $254m. icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif! As other major clubs started bidding left and right, I picked up Diarra for $18m. He looked too good to pass on, as Atletico M also made a bid, but I won.

I received offers for Cassani from Inter, Real M, Valencia, Sevilla on many, many occasions but made everyone quit as I asked for $40m. AC Milan offerred me $50m. for Milito and I accepted but he rejected their contract offer.

I also have a future transfer agreed for July 2009 - Breno for $20m + 20%! But that's it as the market is about to close.

Started the season with 5-6 frendlies to get all the players working well within the upgraded system. I won Spanish Super Cup vs. Valencia. The highlight was the first leg - won 5-0 without Messi and Dos Santos who were away at the Olympics. Deco had a field day and finished the game with a 9 as the rest of the players had 8's. He looked awesome in all the frendlies also. The arriving of Riquelme must be worrying for him.

Here is how my team looks:

GK-Valdes/Jorquera

DR-Cassani/Zambrotta

DL-Abidal/Edman

DC-Puyol/Milito/Criscito/Marquez

DM-A.Diarra/Toure/Marquez

MC-Xavi/Requelme/Gudjohnsen

MC-Iniesta/Deco/Toure

AMR-Messi/Dos Santos

AML-Ronaldinho/Henry

FC-Eto'o/Bojan

I'm planning my next transfers to be next summer and to be spanish players - Albiol, Fabregas, Silva, Fernando Torres. But one can never be sure.....

More later

Originally posted by Braaaappppp:

Is the 3rd season budget as good as the second one?

if i didnt spend so much i would now have about 200 million to spend. so depending on how you spend the 3rd season could have you over the moon. its like barca make a 100mil every season.

Originally posted by yonko:

adonis:

That's a very nice squad you got there icon14.gif. Kuddos for keeping it spanish and Barca youth based! May I say "I'm proud of you"? icon_biggrin.gif

What's your formation/tactics in a nutshell? How is Javi Martinez? I see Messi is the best...not surprised. Keep up the good work! icon14.gif

Thank you. Whichever country I manage in I try to keep the backbone of the same nationality.

Martinez is abit hit and miss and has been overtaken by Veluso has my DMC. I think he prefers playing more attacking role (his player description is that of a midfield playmaker) but he has Fabregas and Fernandez to complete with. So to give him games I have no choice but to play him has a DMC.

I play a 4-1-2-1-2 formation with no wingers although Jesus Navas is doing well as a freerole striker running down the wing.

Messi is now my vice captain and leader. Will spend the season tapping up Petr Cech, Armand Traore and Carlos Vela. Probably look to offload Mertsacker, Puyol is my backup CB with Garay.

Originally posted by adonis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yonko:

adonis:

Thank you. Whichever country I manage in I try to keep the backbone of the same nationality.

Martinez is abit hit and miss and has been overtaken by Veluso has my DMC. I think he prefers playing more attacking role (his player description is that of a midfield playmaker) but he has Fabregas and Fernandez to complete with. So to give him games I have no choice but to play him has a DMC.

I play a 4-1-2-1-2 formation with no wingers although Jesus Navas is doing well as a freerole striker running down the wing.

Messi is now my vice captain and leader. Will spend the season tapping up Petr Cech, Armand Traore and Carlos Vela. Probably look to offload Mertsacker, Puyol is my backup CB with Garay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what line-ups and rotations you use for this formation? Is Messi playing as AMC?

My advice to you is to not waste your money on Vela. He's too similar to Aguero and Bojan but never in their class! Get someone thats strong, big and older

You wont go wrong with Traore. He should be the best fullback by now. But why you want Cech?

How's Silva? I wanna get him in my second Barca save. Who's been better for you, Silva or Messi?

This is how they line up. 1st teamer/Backup.

GK - Valdes/Lloris

DR - Ramos/Silvestri

DL - Bale/Torres

DC - Albiol/Garay

DC - Mertsacker/Puyol

DMC - Veluso/Martinez

MC - Fabregas/Lulinha

MC - Fernandez/dos Santos (playmakers)

AMC - Silva/Alex

FLC - Messi/Bojan

FRC - Aguero/Navas

Both strikers have a sarrow so they come in off the touchline all the time.

I did have Vela on loan in my 2nd season and didn't really do much but my scouts recommend him highly, he does have a poor first touch.

Valdes has done well for me but Cech is quality and is only 29 years old so still a good few years left in him.

Silva is great cost me £55m worth it gets his fair share of goals and assists, big game player, The same with Messi when you need him he performs. The way I have my striker set up is that my FLC will hold the ball up and play in either the AMC or FRC. The FRC is on a free role and his job is to break through the defence by his runs, always finds himself in plenty of room.

That's funny, I just trashed them at the Nou Camp as well - 5-1 icon_biggrin.gif. Messi put 4 on them and finished with a 10 for rating! After the game, I said I was delighted with his permormance and he was very happy with that comment. He's been on fire ever since.

You have a very wierd formation buddy. I'm trying some wierd variations of 4-3-3 myself which is totally confusing the AI.

So you think Silva is worthy successor to Ronnie?

Frankly, I don't understand why you need another forward? It looks like you have no problem there...but maybe try Torres...he's spanish after all...good finishing, good touch, good pace and good in the air.

How's your defence performing? Maybe upgrade there....replacement for Puyol....Pique, Breno...where are they now?

BTW, I also trashed AC Milan in the European Super Cup 4-1 right after my last post. I'll update when I get to January. I still have $214m. burning a hole in my pocket icon_biggrin.gif. I'll try to get Silva....

Silva worth every penny one of the reasons I got rid off Ronnie.

Jesus Navas is pretty injury prone and I also like to freshen things up every 2/3 years.

Probably get rid off Puyol and Mertsacker. Pique is at Man Utd but lacks pace and tackling stat is just 15. Breno is at a German club. Torres can do a backup job for me at CB especially once I get Traore. I am looking at Cristico has a Mertsacker replacement.

heres my team:

gk- [valdes],molina,olzabal

def-[puyol,zambrotta,marquez,milito,abidal,oleguer]

pique,kompany,garay,marcelo

mid-[ronnie,deco,xavi]toure,vdv,baptista,messi,dos santos,iago,{c.ronaldo}

fwd-[henry,eto'o], bojan,saivet,zarate,{pato}

my problem is plyrs mentioned in [] are to retire.... whom do i replace thm with

pato is injured for 8 mnths... bought him for 100+ mn euros and is showing no signs of recovery..

c.ronaldo bought for 78mn euros but sadly is offrd him only a 1 yr conract (by mistake).. he has some problems with a team mate and wont extnd his contract... joining real on a free transfer(i fght with thm earlier for i his signature frm manu)...

btw im in the 4 season

Silva worth every penny one of the reasons I got rid off Ronnie.

Jesus Navas is pretty injury prone and I also like to freshen things up every 2/3 years.

Probably get rid off Puyol and Mertsacker. Pique is at Man Utd but lacks pace and tackling stat is just 15. Breno is at a German club. Torres can do a backup job for me at CB especially once I get Traore. I am looking at Cristico has a Mertsacker replacement.

When did you get rid of Ronnie?

Pique would be great trust me. He forms great partnership with Albiol. But Criscito is great for me in the current game, so you can't go wrong with him either. Keep it spanish though... icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by numerouno:

heres my team:

gk- [valdes],molina,olzabal

def-[puyol,zambrotta,marquez,milito,abidal,oleguer]

pique,kompany,garay,marcelo

mid-[ronnie,deco,xavi]toure,vdv,baptista,messi,dos santos,iago,{c.ronaldo}

fwd-[henry,eto'o], bojan,saivet,zarate,{pato}

my problem is plyrs mentioned in [] are to retire.... whom do i replace thm with

pato is injured for 8 mnths... bought him for 100+ mn euros and is showing no signs of recovery..

c.ronaldo bought for 78mn euros but sadly is offrd him only a 1 yr conract (by mistake).. he has some problems with a team mate and wont extnd his contract... joining real on a free transfer(i fght with thm earlier for i his signature frm manu)...

btw im in the 4 season

What's your formation? What's your budget?

For replacements just look at players me and the others here talk about. If you have nice budget you can easily replace all of them except Messi and Bojan.

You've messed up big time with Ronaldo though icon_eek.gificon_smile.gif

Here is a little mid-February update:

Top of La Liga after 25 games with 22 wins 3 draws and no loses. I've scored 68 goals and allowed only 10 so far. Eto'o is on fire - 28 goals, 4 assists and 10 MOM's in 21 games. Messi has 12 goals, 9 assists in 22 and Ronnie has 7 goals 8 assists in 21. AVR's are 8.05 for Eto'o, 7.61 for Ronnie and 7.57 for Messi. Abidal's AVR is also 7.57.

I've secured some signings for the end of the season, most of them for free. Carizzo, Rodri, Atienza and Cana will be joining my team on free transfers. Carizzo will back up Valdes, Rodri and Atienza will go on loans and Cana will be a good rotation for Alou Diarra who's been amazing in midfield. I'm still waiting for Breno to come in July 2 for $20m. Then...my first big transfer target is reached - Silva is coming to join my team on July 2 for $67m. Valencia renewed his contract with this low release fee and I jumped right away. I had to fight off Inter though.

This January transfer market was bussy again. Here are some interesting dealings:

Barzagli- Palermo to Milan for $61m.

Klose-Bayern M to Chelsea for $46m.

Zapater-Inter to Real M for $42m.

Montolivo- Bayern M to Milan for $41.5m.

Nanni- Man U to Palermo for $37m.

Dawson-Tottenham to Milan for $16m.

Some transfers, ah? I tried to get Barzagli also but he chose Milan...

Anyway, at the end of the season I gotta let go some of the older players - Zambrotta, Deco, Gudjohnsen, Henry, Riquelme, Marquez.

I'm in the semies of the Spanish Cup vs. Valencia. I'm also in first elimination round of CL against Fiorentina who are on leading Seria A with 5-6 points ahead.

That's it for now. More later.

well i like to keep chnging formations... but my best picks wld be 4-3-3 and 4-1-2-1-2..

4-3-3: the four defenders are very deep(milito/marquez and garay/pique at centre and kompany/puyol on right marcelo/abidal on left )... one dm and 2 mc(pirlo[frgt to mntion him... hes been grt for me also came in very cheap]/vdv/deco/toure are used in dm(used thm with long shots)..... messi /ronnie/baptista on mr and messi/dos santos/iago on ml ) it depends whther i use the two mc'c close to each other or play thm wide the strikers.. one in box and two out wide these two men hav barrows so they chng to amr and aml on defense also they provide me a hell lot of assissts(used henry\messi\pato on left and eto'o/saivet on the right with bojan/zarate/ baptista/pato at the centre)...

Sorry, my friend, I'm little confused about the front three and their positions. This is what I think you use:

---------------------GK-----------------

----DR-----------DC-------DC----------DL

---------------------DM----------------

--------------MC--------------MC--------

-----FR---------------FC--------------FL

With borrows on FR/L is that correct? Are you successfull with it? Do you like what you see on 2D screen?

This is what I'm using: GK-DR,DL,2DC-3MC(the middle one is defensive with barrow, outer two offensive with short farrows)- 2AMC(with sarrows), FC. I recommend you try it since you like using different formations. Eto'o scores tons of goals as he gets alot of through balls from the 2 AMC's.

My 2DC+defensiveMC are on defensive mentality and the rest is on global team mentality - usually first few notches of attacking. Team short passing for all, normal tempo, first notch of wide, high pressure, high D-Line, zonal marking and only the 2DC's on tight marking. The key is TTB on mixed for everyone with the 2AMC's on often! I just shred defenses...the other individual instructions you can probably figure out yourself.

In defense you need a better DL as I don't rate Marcelo highly there. You need Armand Traore, he's the best by the 4th season! For the center try Albiol, Breno, Criscito, Zapata. On the right Ramos, Torres, Di Silvestri, Cassani.

For DM position see Zapater, Cana, Veloso, Diarra (ala Arsenal). Javi Martinez and Fabregas should be checked for MC. Where is Iniesta buddy? Also Denilson, Mikel and Montolivo looks good.

In attack see Silva, Aguero( you can retrain him as either AML or AMR), Benzema( who can be retrained as AMR or AMC or AML), Navas, Alfaro, Aquino and Briand.

Hope that helps....

Got rid off Ronnie after the 2nd season, he had turned 30 so decided to cash in on him, £25m to Arsenal who also brought Pandev off me for £33m. Although Ac Milan have been buying most of my rejects, Marquez, Abidal, Xavi, Mascherano and Etoo all for a total of around £90m. icon_biggrin.gif

Javi Martinez is very average for me he doesn't perform well has a DMC gonna have to try him in a more attacking role, but I can't get rid off Cesc and Fernandez for him.

End of December 2010 update

Started the month of winning 2-1 away to Real Madrid. Won vs Los Angeles in the SF of the Club World Cup then beat Gremio 5-2 in the final. Playing Bordeaux in the 1st Knockout round of Champions League.

I won't be doing any transfer dealing in the January window (never do anyway but will get Saivet on a bosman) but have finally managed to unsettle Petr Cech. He now wants a new challenge and my budding relationship (after sucking up to him) with Avram Grant, I should get him cheaper than the £120m Chelsea wanted before!! Trying to do the same with Traore, price down to £40m at the moment.

Mathias Fernandez has been lethal, in 13 games scoring 14 goals and getting 8 assists and not getting a rating below 8.

Aguero playing as a striker has 12 goals in 13 games with 7 assists. Both have exploded since I switched to a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Silva (AML), Fernandez (AMC) and Messi (AMR) all swapping positions when i want to confuse the opposition defenders. Although Messi has just come back from a month out but Jesus Navas covered him well, dos Santos also got injured at the same time.

I got a game, I am in season 2.

Season 1

Transfers In.

Saivet

Breno

Banega

League victory by 8 points, 94 points in total, Eto'o won nearly all the awards, with Messi, Ronnie and Eto'o bagging 20+ goals each over the season, lead all year but nearly let the lead slip, before going to the Bernabeu with a 3 point lead and winning 1-0 thanks to a Messi strike, this with 8 games left.

Knocked out of the CL by Man Utd, quarter finals.

Won the cup to do the double also.

Season 2.

Transfers In.

Dani Alves

Ochoa

So far 10 clear of Madrid after 18 games, 15 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat, same place as my only loss in season 1, At.Madrid. Got another 1-0 win over Madrid via a Milito corner goal.

One point of particular brilliance, I have conceded only 2 goals after 18 matches, however sadly have been knocked out of the CL in the group stages. Some inept performances away at Fenerbache and Roma cost me on head to head in the end.

I will survive though, Ronnie is awesome atm also, 12 games, 6 assists 6 goals. second season and he has just regained the title of the best player in the World.

Formation.

GK:Valdes/Ochoa

DLicon_biggrin.gifL:Abidal/Sylvinho

DC:Milito/Marquez

DC:Puyol/Breno/Edmilson

DR:Alves/Zambrotta

DMC:Toure/Marquez

MC:Xavi/Deco

MC:Iniesto

FC:Ronaldinho/Henry

FC:Eto'o/Bojan

FC:Messi/Dos Santos

Team gets width from the full backs, and the left and right forwards are free to pull out wide sometimes, a lot of good interplay between the front 3. I also switch to a 4-3-3 with wingers when I need to, or if I need cover on the wings.

Areas to strengthen, the DM position and the central midfield 'creative' rolls.

I am going to cash in on TH14, he has never got going for us, to Inter Milan in the summer if they want target is Aguero.

I am looking for a player in the Deco/Xavi/Iniesto mould, my team depends on service from the midfielders to function, any ideas?

hyperion666:

Go for Fabregas! But keep Iniesta, they form great partnership. Also look at Javi Martinez for the near future. Nasri looks good too. Or you can do Player Search filtering creativity, passing, decisions, teamwork, workrate...

----------------------------------

In my game I finished my second season with another treble. Won La Liga without loosing even once, collecting 100 points (27p. ahead of Real), scoring 99 goals conceding 12. Eto'o ended topscorer with 35 league goals

Won the Spanish Cup beating Real in the final. And won CL beating Liverpool in that final - very tough game where I had Puyol send off in the second half at 0-0 still. But Eto'o came through and scored a fantastic goal and then Henry put it off - final score 2-0.

I was active on the transfer market. I needed to replace some aging players who had their attributes dropping rapidly as well as their value. Here is who I sold:

-Marques = $20m to Real M

-Deco = $13m to Sevilla

-Edman = $4m to Betis

-Oleguer = $5m to Deportivo

-Henry = $17m to Arsenal

But here is who came in:

Carizzo GK = free

Breno DC = $20 (paid a season ago)

Rodri DC = free (up for loan)

Atienza DC,DM = free (up for loan)

Cana DM = free

Javi Martinez MC = $38m release fee

Silva AMRLC = $67m release fee

Briand FC (AMR competent) = $23m

adonis:

I've played some frendlies already and Silva and Martinez look top-class! I'm using Javi as MC and he is playing better than Xavi, but he is my vice-captain for the past too seasons. Silva...now I know why people rave about him on these forums....still...I want Ronaldo as well icon_biggrin.gif....and Cecs icon_biggrin.gif

I'm also impressed with Briand, check him out! I don't know what to do with Ronaldinho....???....Dos Santos is developing very nice, so is Bojan. Maybe I should cash-in on Ronnie, he's still valued at around $40m+

Then again, I don't need money as I have more than $300m. to spend icon_cool.gif! I think I need a right defender though....

My team in beginning of August:

GK - Valdes, Carrizo, Jorquera

Fullbacks - Zambrotta, Cassani, Abidal, Puyol, Criscitto

Centerbacks - Millito, Breno, Puyol, Criscito, Valiente

Midfielders - Alou Diarra, Cana, Javi Martinez, Xavi, Iniesta, Toure

Attackers - Messi, Silva, Ronaldinho, Dos Santos, Bojan, Eto'o, Briand

If you don't play Ronaldinho regulary he will start to moan and maybe upset rest of squad.

Martinez is doing better for me now has more of an attacking midfielder rather than a holding one.

I have confirmed 3 deals for the summer. Petr Cech (45m), Traore (£35m) and Pique (£27m). I took your advice on Pique I scouted around 25 of the top CB's and only 3 came back has excellent singings. Barzagli, Mexes and Pique.

Just beat Real Madrid in 2nd rnd Spanish Cup 7-2 on agg.

Just won the league, Spanish Cup and Champions League in first season:-

I downloaded the much talked about 'Maxed out' Arsenal tactic created by lordjubei, which for those who don't know is a flat back four, two central midfielders pushing on, two attacking wingers and the two strikers.

My current line-up starting Season 2 is:-

1. GK Valdes / Lloris

2. DR Micah Richards / Zambrotta

3. DL Eric Abidal / Domenico Criscitto

4. DC Carles Puyol

5. DC Gabriel Milito / Breno

6. MC Deco / Andres Iniesta

7. MC Xavi / Giovani Dos Santos

8. AML Ronaldinho

9. AMR Messi / Nani

10. SC Samuel Eto'o

11. SC Thierry Henry

Also have Bojan and Pazzini as sub strikers and Mascherano who was a free transfer. I still have Marquez as a back up in case I get struck down by an injury crisis.

Ok, end of the second season.

Update on the save so far. I have won back to back Spanish league titles, the current title won with 4 games left, 11 points clear.

Won back to back Spanish cups, recently with a 1-0 win thanks to a Ronaldinho goal, he is now the 'World player of the year', taking the title from Eto'o in season 2.

Second season was not so free scoring, by until March I had conceded 3 goals, the next 7 came in a mini-blip of a couple of draws and a defeat I suffered in the final run in.

conceded 10 goals in the second season in the league, the defensive record was awesome, no team got near scoring against me until late Feb-March.

I am planning on getting rid of TH14 for as much as I can in the Summer, he does not cut it.

Seriously considering removiong Deco from the team, overall the 3 creative mids, Deco, Xavi and Iniesta have not performed, but Deco was the worst of the 3.

In the summer I plan on replacing Henry with Aguero and I need a midfielder in the Deco mould, so I will start looking for one.

Elsewhere, Arsenal, AC Milan, Bayern, Lyon won their respective leagues in the first season, with RM taking the CL.

Now Inter stormed the Serie A, after signing Silva and Ribery, while Bayen again win their league, and Liverpool are on course of the EPL.

If you don't play Ronaldinho regulary he will start to moan and maybe upset rest of squad.

Martinez is doing better for me now has more of an attacking midfielder rather than a holding one.

I have confirmed 3 deals for the summer. Petr Cech (45m), Traore (£35m) and Pique (£27m). I took your advice on Pique I scouted around 25 of the top CB's and only 3 came back has excellent singings. Barzagli, Mexes and Pique.

Just beat Real Madrid in 2nd rnd Spanish Cup 7-2 on agg.

Well, on my previous Barca save, I managed to rotate him, Messi, Ronaldo and Gio Dos Santos pretty well. Instead of Ronaldo I have Silva now, but also Briand who's AMR competent....Dos Santos has developed better in this save ( PA -10 must be on the high end this time ) and I think he has earned himself the right to be given more playing time.

I'll sell him!

Just wanted to update a little:

I haven't had the chance to play much, but between couple of frendlies I managed to get Bakary Sagna for $50m. as my new starting DR.

I played the following frendly vs. AZ before saving and exiting. Trashed them 6-0, Sagna had two assists, and Jimmy Briand scored 3 goals!

Starting line-up:

GK-Valdes

DR-Sagna

DL-Abidal

DC-Puyol

DC-Milito

DM-Alou Diarra (he's amazing!)

MC-Iniesta

MC-Xavi

AM-Messi

AM-Silva

FC-Briand

Second string:

GK-Carrizo

DR-Cassani

DL-Criscito

DC-Breno

DC-Rodri ( Valiente went on loan instead)

DM-Cana

MC-Toure

MC-Martinez

AM-Bojan

AM-Dos Santos

FC-Eto'o

I was thinking of selling Milito and getting Albiol ($34.5m release), but my Assist man (Eusebio) says Gabi is my best defender. So I'll get Albiol later to replace Puyol as this will be his last season with me. I'm gonna sell Zambrotta (his attributes have gone down) and Ronaldinho - just don't need Ronnie anymore.

Besides Albiol, I still want to get Ronaldo, Fabregas and Fernando Torres. And if I keep winning titles while Real suck my dust, I can go for Ramos and Torres from them. The only other players on my shortlist is Armand Traore, who unfortunately renwed his contract til 2014 icon_frown.gif I don't want anyone else. Not even Aguero...

The problem with Milito is that he is crap in the air along with Puyol. Akbiol is a great all round player with pace. I got him for £10m when he signed a new contrat.

I am also tempted to buy Ronaldo and Torres. But it means I might have to sell Fernandez and play Messi has a AMC, Ronaldo AMR and Silva AML. Might even have to sell Aguero has i play with one striker and I'll have Bojan has backup to Torres.

Still got about 3 months to play til end of season.

End of Season 2010/11 update

Trophies won: League, Spanish Cup, Euro Super Cup, World Club Cup and Champions League.

Squad:

01032008232348oh8.th.jpg

My best player was Aguero who went goal crazy when I played him upfront on his own, along with Fernandez at AMC. Which is why I won't be buying Torres or Ronaldo has I can't get rid off them after there super season.

Aguero stats:

01032008232407ox4.th.jpg

Already got in Cech, Traore and Pique. Looking to sell Valdes, Veloso and Mertsacker and Puyol's contract has ended and left the club.

Line ups: (4-2-3-1 formation)

GK - Cech/Lloris

DR - Ramos/Silvestri

DL - Traore/Bale

DC - Pique/Torres

DC - Albiol/Garay

MC - Fabregas/Thiago

MC - Martinez/Lulinha

AMR - Messi/Navas

AML - Silva/Assulin

AMC - Fernandez/Dos Santos

FC - Aguero/Bojan

Gonna give Thiago and Assulin a chance they have been on fire in the B squad.

Right, I got bored of my original Barca game on the 6th season so I've started a new game.

Season 1

Transfers IN:

Fernandez - 10.25M

Rafinha - 9.75M

Marcelo - 5.5M

Traore - 5M (via loan deal)

Samba - 1.8M

Adriano - Loan

+ A lot of youngsters

TOTAL TRANSFERS IN:- 26 players; £36.5M

Transfers OUT:

Zambrotta - 11.25M

Henry - 21.5M + 50%

Marquez - 10M + 50%

Oleguer - 3.4M (via loan deal)

Kalla - 650K (small profit from this f/t)

TOTAL TRANSFERS OUT:- 5 players; £47M

Won my first 6 matches (includes Madrid and Valencia away).

Starting line-up:

GK: Valdes (Olazabal)

DR: Rafinha (Angulo)

DL: Abidal (Traore)

DC: Puyol (Samba)

DC: Milito (Ignashevic)

DM: Xavi (Y.Toure)

MR: Messi (G.dos Santos)

ML: Ronaldinho (Marcelo)

AMC: M.Fernandez (Deco)

AMC: Iniesta (Adriano)

STR: Eto'o (Bojan)

Gonna sell Gudjon-soon.

Hopefully it'll be a successful season

Update; a great start to my 1st season.

I won 15 matches in a row, then finally lost 1-0 to Betis away in the league. They scored on the 8th min, then went ultra-defensive. Once again, their keeper got MOM because I couldn't convert 16 shots. Ridiculous.

Still, top of the league by 6 points after 12 league matches. Qualified outta the CL group after 4 matches.

The players are really playing well as a team. A.R's varying from 7.19 (Xavi as DM with 12 assists in 16) to 7.69 (Eto'o scoring 13 in 16).

I'm gonna try beat the 15 consecutive wins now, though will be tough as the season goes on.

Update #2

Entering Jan 1st 2008, 24 games played, 23 won, 1 lost. Scored 81, conceded 20.

AWARDS:

World Footballer of the Year:- Eto'o (Pl 24, Sc 26, As 9, AR 7.96)

Player of the Year:- 1)Ronaldinho, 2)Eto'o, 3)Messi

Defender of the Year:- Milito

Midfielder of the Year:- Ronaldinho

Striker of the Year:- Eto'o

Footballer of the Year:- Ronaldinho

Got them all except goalkeeper of the year icon_frown.gif Which went to Casillas ofcourse.

First time my team got so many awards icon_smile.gif

By the way, "The Winning"08 - ||A NEW tactical conjuration|| ••V.1.00•• ••|Updated Regually"•• on the tactics forums works well with Barca for anyone that's struggling to perform. I use V.3.02 of that tactic

Braaaaap, the usual kids; Saivet, Wijnaldum, Lulinha, Banega etc

Just finished my 1st season;

Won the league

Got knocked out in Spanish Cup against A.Madrid 2-3

Got knocked out in QF CL against Chelski 0-3

League Table

League Table (Home)

U19s League Table

Home Page

Team Stats

Team of the Year

The One & Only - SAMUELLLL ETO'OOOO

Overall, a decent year. Should have done much better in CL and SC, but I need a more defensive away tactic. Tactic is great for home games, unbeaten at home this whole season.

Aguero & Albiol coming in at the end of the season - will probably sell Puyol, Ronaldinho and Y.Toure.

I know 2 youngsters that fit well with Barca - Bojan and Gio icon_biggrin.gif! Just kidding....

I'm impressed with Breno so far. He covers well for Milito or Puyol in my 3rd season. I should've got him earlier...In my other save, Armand Traore was amazing in seasons 4 and 5.

But I personally always focus on developing Bojan, Gio, Iago, Valiente and Crosas. The last two turn out to be good first team back-up players in the future. Espadrin could also be decent back-up at DL after awhile if his random attributes are good in your save.

Along with the youngster go for a solid DM. I can recommend Alou Diarra - he's awesome.

Good luck though!

p.s. What's your personal dream team?

Pre 2nd Season Transfers:

IN:

Daniel Alves - 32M

Aguero - 30M

Albiol - 13.75M

Pandev - 13.25M

Ilhan Parlak - 875K

Buonanotte - 300K

Bozaglo - 200K

Mascherano, De Silvestri, Flamini, Filipe - FREE

OUT:

Xavi - 19.5M (Board accepted the offer)

Y.Toure - 12M

Deco - 11.75M

Espasandin - 1.2M

Edmilson, Sylvinho, Thuram, Jorquera - FREE

TOTAL SPENT: £90M

TOTAL RECIEVED:- £44.5M

Transfer fees left:- £87M

---------------------------------

Starting line-up:

GK: Valdes (Bouzanis)

DR: D.Alves (Rafinha)

DL: Abidal (Traore)

DC: Albiol (Puyol)

DC: Milito (Samba)

DM: Iniesta (Mascherano/Sunny)

MR: Messi (G.dos Santos)

ML: Ronaldinho (Marcelo)

AMC: M.Fernandez (Deco)

AMC: Aguero (Pandev)

STR: Eto'o (Bojan)

Gonna try sell Puyol & Ronaldinho end of season (2), Puyol earlier if possible and bring in a younger CB, e.g. Breno

Also, Bouzanis hasn't settled and now he dislikes me and finds me hard to work with. Is there any way of settling him? He wants to be transfer listed.

Sunny was a solid DM/CM in my 4th and 5th season on my other Barca save. He should have very good stats by the 5th season.

I would recommend him if one of your CMs aren't performing atm. He's an all-round CM too which I like, as he can win aerial challenges unlike Fabregas.

Praise him and offer him a new contract.

Uh, I can't praise him... He isn't good enough in my 2nd season to play 1st team football.

He wont let me offer him a contract. It expires in 2013. Should I just give him time or will he upset my squad?

Originally posted by hyperion666:

Ok, end of the second season.

Update on the save so far. I have won back to back Spanish league titles, the current title won with 4 games left, 11 points clear.

Won back to back Spanish cups, recently with a 1-0 win thanks to a Ronaldinho goal, he is now the 'World player of the year', taking the title from Eto'o in season 2.

Second season was not so free scoring, by until March I had conceded 3 goals, the next 7 came in a mini-blip of a couple of draws and a defeat I suffered in the final run in.

conceded 10 goals in the second season in the league, the defensive record was awesome, no team got near scoring against me until late Feb-March.

I am planning on getting rid of TH14 for as much as I can in the Summer, he does not cut it.

Seriously considering removiong Deco from the team, overall the 3 creative mids, Deco, Xavi and Iniesta have not performed, but Deco was the worst of the 3.

In the summer I plan on replacing Henry with Aguero and I need a midfielder in the Deco mould, so I will start looking for one.

Elsewhere, Arsenal, AC Milan, Bayern, Lyon won their respective leagues in the first season, with RM taking the CL.

Now Inter stormed the Serie A, after signing Silva and Ribery, while Bayen again win their league, and Liverpool are on course of the EPL.

Same here mate. The Barcelona mc's never perform for me either after three years!

I've never had that problem like you. Iniesta and Xavi are always good for me, Toure does well as either DM or MC, and now Javi Martinez plays good. I have Cana and Alou Diarra as DM and they also play good.

Soon I'll replace Xavi with Cesc though....and Toure with Raul Garcia.

I don't play MCs but I play a DM running upto MC. This position was taken by Xavi in my 1st season and his stats were;

Played 42 , Assisted 22, AR 7.26

About 18 of the assists were from corners though (I scored 19 corners in the league, and probably about 8 outide the league).

Sadly, the board accepted a 19.5M offer from Inter for him (though I was considering selling him and playing Iniesta in DM).

Archived