WBR Dani Alves/Zambrotta

WBL Guardado/Chellini

DMC Xavi/Javi Martinez

MC Silva/Iniesta/Marin

MC Messi/Dos Santos/Lulinha

AMC Ronaldinho/Nasri/Alex

SC Aguero/Bojan/Saivet

SC Eto'o/Henry

Team is pretty much unstoppable. Won everything.

Just need another keeper. Akinfeev on a Bosman in Jan!

Got Ramos for £31 million release cause and Silva £37 million. Guardado cost me 48 millioN from Roma! Aguero scored 48 in all comps last season.

Originally posted by rune_star:

Nice to hear! And yes, it really DOES look like real Barca with slowest tempo. I forgot to mention that I also employ a team mentality of 17-18. Very attacking, but again this is to simulate the real play of barca through the match engine. This way the players will look for the offensive passes even though tempo is down and passing is to short. Works a treat. Also my D-line is quite high, about 15-16 (10-12 against good sides). Again this derives form watching the TV-games where ie puyol and thuram are passing the ball around (with many through balls actually) from inside the circle in the absolute middle of the pitch. They really makes the play congested this way... Lots of short passing options with almost max width.

I'll try your advice with the Counter attack setting. What width do you play? I usually play at least 15 against good sides and 15+ against others. Also what are your MC settings passing wise? Mine are the only ones who doesn't have individual passing settings but just follow the team passing of usually 3-4...

I tried to play like the real Barca the first 2 seasons, I liked it alot and also won every trophey except Copa del Rey in the first year. Now in the third season I've gone for perfect balance in my tactic. So far I'm on a 70 games unbeatten streak and still going.

My width is normal = 10-12ish. My MC's passing is also set to team = highest of short.

My current game with Barca is one of the all time best games I've played ( I've played since the 90's) because I've managed to put together my dream team and have them play in 2 differrent styles so far and still be successfull. Here I'm, still before December and already leading La Liga with 7 points on Real M winning all games so far. And the other thing is that I don't allow too many goals. I'm really happy about the team I've put together and the way I have them play!

Here is my most used line-up + subs:

GK-Valdes

DR-Dani Alves

DL-Lahm

DC-Puyol

DC-Albiol

DM-Zapater

MC-Fabregas

MC-Iniesta

AMR-Messi (my favorite player IRL)

AML-C.Ronaldo (my second favorite)

FC- Bojan (the kid is a monster before 21 icon_eek.gif)

subs: Carrizo, Pique, Abidal, Toure, Xavi, Dos Santos and Eto'o.

I still have the old dogs: Zambrotta, Pablo, Deco, Ronni and Henry but is hard for the to play right now icon_biggrin.gif. Also De Silvestri looks like he is ready soon to take over Alves and Valiente, Crossas and Piatti are developing as decent back-ups for Zapater, Cesc and Iniesta. I need good back up LB for Lahm to replace Abidal next year. He has to be good at defending and crossing. Any ideas?

Just a quick update of my season so far:

It started really well with 8 wins in a row, but the last two games has gone very bad with a 1-2 defeat in the hands of Tottenham home at Camp Nou followed by a 1-1 draw away to Tenerife.

I've changed my tactics for this season to concede a little fewer goals and so far it's worked great with only 7 goals conceded the last 10 games (3 the last 2) and 23 goals scored.

My top performers so far has been:

Gioviani Dos Santos: 3 goals and 5 assists in 6(2) games and an avr. of 7.50

Samuel Eto'o: 8 goals and 4 assists in 7(2) games and an avr. of 7.44

Ronaldinho: 3 goals and 4 assists in 7(3) games and an avr. of 7.40

Underarchievers so far:

Daniel Alves: Hasn't done anything. 1 assist in 10 games and an avr. of 6.60 - hopefully he'll get better when used to the team's style of play.

Andres Iniesta: Was ok last year but this season he's been really dissapointing with only 1 assist and an avr. of 6.82 in 7(1) games.

Silva: I expected a lot of this guy but he's only averaging 6.75 even though he's made 4 assists in 5(3) games. Again, he'll hopefully start to shine when he's used to the style.

Again I'm gonna ask: How have you guys set up your MC(s)? I'm asking because I haven't been able to get the most out of the likes of Xavi and Iniesta - or Banega and Martinez for that matter.

Originally posted by hjunkai:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I guess....he is still

chiellini...dunno how to spell...that juventus guy...maybe clichy or armand traoure from arsenal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I checked Chivu but his crossing ability is not that great, only 13. And at 28 he won't improve it much more.

Chiellini is at Liverpool since last season. I don't like him either. His acceleration and agility is too low. Oh well, I can always promote Pander from the B team. Plus Abidal is not that bad for one more year.

I'm getting closer to the January transfer window and I think I'm gonna go for Ramos. He has a 61m USD release fee! Ramos, Albiol and Pique should be solid, huh icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Fab_Cesc:

Just a quick update of my season so far:

It started really well with 8 wins in a row, but the last two games has gone very bad with a 1-2 defeat in the hands of Tottenham home at Camp Nou followed by a 1-1 draw away to Tenerife.

I've changed my tactics for this season to concede a little fewer goals and so far it's worked great with only 7 goals conceded the last 10 games (3 the last 2) and 23 goals scored.

My top performers so far has been:

Gioviani Dos Santos: 3 goals and 5 assists in 6(2) games and an avr. of 7.50

Samuel Eto'o: 8 goals and 4 assists in 7(2) games and an avr. of 7.44

Ronaldinho: 3 goals and 4 assists in 7(3) games and an avr. of 7.40

Underarchievers so far:

Daniel Alves: Hasn't done anything. 1 assist in 10 games and an avr. of 6.60 - hopefully he'll get better when used to the team's style of play.

Andres Iniesta: Was ok last year but this season he's been really dissapointing with only 1 assist and an avr. of 6.82 in 7(1) games.

Silva: I expected a lot of this guy but he's only averaging 6.75 even though he's made 4 assists in 5(3) games. Again, he'll hopefully start to shine when he's used to the style.

Again I'm gonna ask: How have you guys set up your MC(s)? I'm asking because I haven't been able to get the most out of the likes of Xavi and Iniesta - or Banega and Martinez for that matter.

Fab_Cesc, I think is also important how you set up the other players around your MC's. Can they link the passes well? Are you trying to copy the real Barca style or are you trying something else?

My MC's have normal mentalities ( one with 10, one with 12), both have mixed FWR+RWB and often TTB. Normal CF for both and CD is at 10 now. All my players have mentality somewhere within the normal range so they can link up better with short passes. My front three (AMR/L + FC) all have mixed FWR! I hope that helps

gonna start agme with barca was gonna have a go with valencia but wanna use szj's 4231 tactic it uses 3 amc's( not out on wings) i used it with liverpool gonna have a go with barca am looking on bringing silva in for the centre amc spot and have ronnie amc (L) and messi amc ® should i get rid of eto only have 24m to spend need more cash

Pre Season Update

Santa Eulalia 0 - 7 Bracelona

Eto'o

Toure

Ronaldinho

Barzagli

Milito

Aaritalo

Ezquerro

Eibar 0 - 4 Barcelona

Eto'o Hat Trick

Aaritalo

Hercules 0 - 3 Barcelona

Henry (2)

Eto'o

Al-Ittihad 0 - 2 Barcelona

Ronaldinho

Deco

Granada 1 - 2 Barcelona

Ronaldinho (2)

Transfers to 17th August

Barzagli, Aaritalo, Kewell have all signed ( Kewell on loan). I am trying to sign ochoa.

A decent backup keeper??!?

I've read this before somewhere in here, and I just don't get that!

What are people crying about with the need for extra keepers. Sure, if you just want to spend money no problem, buy all the keepers you'd like BUT since we are talking about backup keepers, have anyone actually tried Jorquera? Cause I have, on several occasions in low profile games to spare Valdez, and there has been absolutely NOTHING wrong with his performances.

And there is of course a young lad in the sub 19 squad by the name Oier Olazabal. Probably the best teenager goalie prospect in the game. There is absolutely no need to spend money on keepers, as compared to other positions... AMR, DR and DMC are much more vital in my opinion.

A decent backup keeper??!?

I've read this before somewhere in here, and I just don't get that!

What are people crying about with the need for extra keepers. Sure, if you just want to spend money no problem, buy all the keepers you'd like BUT since we are talking about backup keepers, have anyone actually tried Jorquera? Cause I have, on several occasions in low profile games to spare Valdez, and there has been absolutely NOTHING wrong with his performances.

And there is of course a young lad in the sub 19 squad by the name Oier Olazabal. Probably the best teenager goalie prospect in the game. There is absolutely no need to spend money on keepers, as compared to other positions... AMR, DR and DMC are much more vital in my opinion.

i dont rate valdez or that jorquera,

i dont rate valdez or that jorquera,

That's a matter of opinion I guess, but I still reckon that theother positions, especially the right back need backup before getting another keeper. I'd rate the positions to be backed up like this:

1. DR (preferably wingback)

2. AMR

3. DMC

4. Goalie

5. Extra striker, strong in the air. Just to throw in something different if things aren't working. Eto'o, Henry and Bojan are very similar playing types and Guddy just isn't quite strong enough for that particular role...

rune_star, I agree with you. Valdes has been amazing for me every season. Jorquera was a decent back up for 2 season and then Carrizo came on a free transfer. I've been rotating Valdes and Carrizo more often as they are both excellent. Carrizo was the starting GK for Argentina in the 2010 WC and Valdes was a sub for Spain!

Overall, I don't think you need to sign anyone in the first season to have success. In my first season I won La Liga and CL signing only Piatti and Cabral (who arrived in Jan. on free) for the B team. They have been on loans ever since. It's better to wait til the second season to get the big guns like Ronaldo, Fabregas, etc. We have a money-happy board/president and I've been getting 250+ million USD every season for transfers.

I finished my third season the other day, winning all the possable trophies without a sweat, for fun icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

In the summer I bought Ramos for 61m USD. I also got Jon Obi Mikel and Ben Arfa on free icon_smile.gif. I got rid of Zambrotta, Deco and Henry for a combined fee of 15m. Now I'm trying to sell Ronaldinho as I don't need him anymore. Here is what I have:

GK - Valdes, Carrizo, Jorquera, Ruben

DR - Alves, De Silvestri

DL - Lahm, Abidal, Pander

DC - Albiol, Ramos, Pique, Puyol, Pablo, Cabral (on loan)

DM - Zapater, Valiente, Crossas (on loan)

MC - Iniesta, Fabregas, Xavi, Mikel, Toure, Piatti (on loan)

AMR - Messi, Dos Santos, Jeffren (on loan)

AML - Ronaldo, Ben Arfa, Iago (on loan)

FC - Bojan, Eto'o, Sergio Garcia (B team), Pozzi ( B team)

On top of that I have 282m USD for transfers!!! Started the 4th season and the team looks better than before. Made some slight modifications to the tactic, but overall it's pretty much the same, only better icon_biggrin.gif. My attacking five (Cesc, Iniesta, Ronaldo, Messi, Bojan) are unstopable! Especially Messi and Bojan. At the back (Alves, Lahm, Ramos, Albiol, Zapater) I'm more solid than ever. My team is not giving many chances to the opposition at all. I'm winning most games 3-0 and that's with 8.01 patch! I don't know...maybe it's my tactic.....I'll play some more and update later.

Now I don't usually post on these boards as I like to take in other people's advice/experiences icon_wink.gif

Anyway, I'm about to start 2009/2010 season with my all conquering Barca team. Have won the treble (League, Spanish Cup and Champions League) the first 2 seasons quite comfortably - for some reason the chasing pack seem to draw too many games resulting in me romping away with the league!

My team/squad is as follows:

G.K - Valdes/Grohe

R.B - Alves/Zambrotta

L.B - Abidal/Marcelo

C.B - Puyol/Milito/Albiol/Breno

D.M - Diarra/Toure/Camacho

C.M - Xavi/Iniesta/Deco/Van der Vaart

R.M - Messi/Navas

L.M - Ronaldinho/Dos Santos

C.F - Eto'o/Henry/Aguero/Bojan

In addition, I have a number of stars-in-the-making languishing in the B team:

Lulinha/Iago/Asulin/Sahin etc.

I have 90 million transfer budjet burning a hole in my pocket and have the urge to go and blow it on 2/3 players...But don't really know whether I need to!

Your help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry should have made that clear. It's Diarra from Madrid (boo!) - they offered him to me for 4.5 million so I took him.

I know Puyol is aging but he's my leader - and probably will be till he retires! I did consider buying Sergio Ramos and sell Milito but the fans weren't impressed that I was considering buying a Madrid player. They didn't say anything about me buying Diarra though!

Couldn't sell Henry at the moment - he scored 47 goals in all comps last season! I have both of them on my shortlist for the future, maybe next year icon_smile.gif.

Thanks Hjunkai for your thoughts, I feel like I have dismissed them but not intentionally! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Scath:

What kind of width, passing and tempo would you be using in a 4-3-3?

Depends how you want to play. I personally use short passing + slow tempo. However, my 2MC's have low mixed passing. Width I like to keep on the higher side of normal.

Originally posted by Mr Everton:

Sorry should have made that clear. It's Diarra from Madrid (boo!) - they offered him to me for 4.5 million so I took him.

I know Puyol is aging but he's my leader - and probably will be till he retires! I did consider buying Sergio Ramos and sell Milito but the fans weren't impressed that I was considering buying a Madrid player. They didn't say anything about me buying Diarra though!

Couldn't sell Henry at the moment - he scored 47 goals in all comps last season! I have both of them on my shortlist for the future, maybe next year icon_smile.gif.

Thanks Hjunkai for your thoughts, I feel like I have dismissed them but not intentionally! icon_biggrin.gif

Trust me when I say you need Ramos and Fabregas. The fans wont mind if you buy either one. Just read what I said in my post above about my attacking five all-stars in the start of the 4th season. Iniesta and Fabregas (covered by a solid DM) unleashed are tearing defenses apart with smooth through balls. Ronaldo and Messi are real terrorists with crazy dribbling and important goals/assissts. And Bojan is just amazing - give him a go now over Henry!

Thanks Yonko.

Unfortunately, your advice has come too late! icon_frown.gif

I'm in September now...decided to keep the transfer budget at a healthy 70 million.

Will try both both/either in January or may leave it till next summer.

With a quartet of Eto'o/Henry/Aguero and Bojan - who would you start?

Im Barcelona in season 2012-13, they got great players that just keep getting better like bojan and dos Santos.

My team, with a 4-2-2-2 formation, is :

GK - Sebastian Frey (35 million)

DR - San Roman (great player, only 50k at start)

DL - Emiliano Insua (17 mil)

DC - Micah Richards (22 million)

DC - Rotation between Breno, Puyol and Milito

MC - Ronaldinho

MC - Iniesta / Fabregas

AMR - Cristiano Ronaldo (90 mill from utd!!!)

AML - Messi

SC - Bojan / Henry

SC - Saivet / Owen / Aguero

Won league every season & 3 champions leagues

Originally posted by Mr Everton:

Thanks Yonko.

Unfortunately, your advice has come too late! icon_frown.gif

I'm in September now...decided to keep the transfer budget at a healthy 70 million.

Will try both both/either in January or may leave it till next summer.

With a quartet of Eto'o/Henry/Aguero and Bojan - who would you start?

In the 3rd season I would start Bojan and Eto'o in La Liga games. Play Henry and Aguero in the Champions Cup games. I did something like that in my game - but I play 4-3-3 with single FC. I had Bojan in La Liga games, Eto'o played in CL and I used Henry in Copa Del Rey intil I sold him in January to Inter for 6m USD.

In my 4th season now I have Aguero and Vela in my shortlist and I'm waiting for the right moment to get them. Vela's contract is expiring in 2012 and so far he refuses to resign with Arsenal as he is always linked with a move to my team. I'm gonna get him for free icon_biggrin.gif

That would be quality wouldn't it!

I do rotate loads already, but will definitely try what your suggesting.

Could I ask what tactic your using? Or is it your own?

I usually play Barca Domination at home - 9 times out of 10 enough to beat anybody. Play BigD's tactic away from home...

Unbeaten in 79 games so results not the problem, just feel that I may not be playing the best players in each game!

Thanks for your help!

Corection....Vela's contract is expiring in 2011! So I'm gonna get him at the end of the season. Pat Rice is the manager of Arsenal, because Wenger went to Inter for a year and now is in charge of France. I have now 317m USD for transfers icon_biggrin.gif after selling De Silvestri for 28m + 30% sell on to Atletico M and Pablo for 7m to Sevilla. I'm gonna go nuts and get Pato, Aguero and Vela together with Bojan as my strike force.

I've been using my own 4-3-3 so far with little tweaks here and there. But I will change it soon to something with 2 FC's - either 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-4-2

This is my first post for some time as i have been enjoying the new game so much, i am a veteran of CM/FM games going back to the Atari 520ST for those that remember that far back.

This is the best game for some time especially now the patch has been released.

Started as Barca, usually play as Liverpool but like the pictures etc to be in the game from the start.

I purchased Brazagli, Aguerro & Oche, shouldn't have bothered with another keeper as Valdes is amazing for me.

Barzagli is being kept out by Millito but rotated.

I play a 4-1-2-1-2 in an attacking diamond and have won the league & cup and are in the CL final against Arsenal.

I played Man Utd, Liverpool and Maseille in the knock out and beat them all comfortably.

Dos Santos had to play because Messi was injured for 3 months and has been brilliant, Aguerro not palying all the time at the moment as Deco plays AMC and has been superb.

Top striker by far is Eto over 50 goals scored.

Looking to spend money on DMC, full backs and wide players either as back ups or to be rotated.

Enjoyong reading this thread as it seems everybody is enjoying playing as Barca.

January 2011 update:

I made 2 big-money transfers....130m USD for Pato who just arrived and scored 3 on his debut! He was amazing for Milan since the start of this season. I also bought Aguero for 86m. but he is coming at the end of this season in the summer. Right now he is on amazing form as Atletico are 3 points behind me. Of course I'm first with 15 wins and 4 draws after 19 games.

I finally sold Ronaldinho for 15m to Inter but I had to agree to pay him 20,000 a week til 2013. So now I still have a lot of cash left = 116m. I'm looking at Armand Traore for left back. He has improved and turned into a monster! He has 19's for acceleration, pace, tackling and off the ball! He is my next big transfer target.

I'm still waiting to offer Vela a contract. The current one is up on 11.08.2011. I switched my formation to 4-4-2 and here is my line-up:

GK - Valdes/Carrizo

DR - Ramos/Alves

DL - Lahm/Pander

DC - Albiol/Puyol

DC - Pique/Abidal

MCd - Iniesta/Zapater/Toure

MCa - Fabregas/Xavi/Mikel

MR - Ronaldo/Dos Santos

ML - Messi/Ben Arfa

FC - Bojan/Eto'o

FC - Pato/Pozzi

Next update when I finish the season.

Looking forward to hear about that. I have serious doubts about 4-4-2 in 8.01 defensively...

I predict your going to have problems in the centre with just two central mids. It seems to me the opposition always break through the middle, even with three MC's

end of 1st season

barcarenewsa7.png

lost in CL against lazio on away goals beat valencia 3-0 in spanish cup final

final league table didnt lose a single game

renewtablebz2.png

ins

marcelo £5.5m

m.fernandez £7.5m

h.ben arfa £10.5m

silva £62m

d.bouzanis £0

h.saviet £0

a.tuia £0

m.sakho £0

g.wijnaldum £0

outs

deco £10m

eto'o £27m

gudjohnsen £7m

ive also got mascherano coming on a free on 1st july and d.alves who cost me 14m

Looking forward to hear about that. I have serious doubts about 4-4-2 in 8.01 defensively...

I predict your going to have problems in the centre with just two central mids. It seems to me the opposition always break through the middle, even with three MC's

So far so good man. I've played 10 games since the switch to 4-4-2 and I've allowed only one goal - in the last minute away to Deportivo who BTW are 15th in La Liga. 2 of those clean sheats were away vs. Betis and Atletico, both title contenders this season. The other games were against other top-half table teams.

I noticed something interesting...when I dominate a game my 4 midfielders all have 8's for rating. When the game is more even, my GK + 2DC have the 8's. Sometimes the MCd also plays with rating of 8

The other thing is how good Ronaldo, Messi and Bojan understand each other. Pato is looking good mixed with them. He's gonna take some more games to gel.

In defense Albiol and Pique work very well - they are playing so good right now that is hard for Puyol to get playing time. I wonder what to do with him. He is 32 now and his future doesn't look too good for next season as I have Cabral coming back from loan and he looks nicely improved. Also I getting Johnatan Evans (from Man U) on free. And he also looks like a beast!

The fun and success go on my friend. icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by lfc7:

end of 1st season

barcarenewsa7.png

lost in CL against lazio on away goals beat valencia 3-0 in spanish cup final

final league table didnt lose a single game

renewtablebz2.png

ins

marcelo £5.5m

m.fernandez £7.5m

h.ben arfa £10.5m

silva £62m

d.bouzanis £0

h.saviet £0

a.tuia £0

m.sakho £0

g.wijnaldum £0

outs

deco £10m

eto'o £27m

gudjohnsen £7m

ive also got mascherano coming on a free on 1st july and d.alves who cost me 14m

I don't understand people who buy Marcelo if they need LB. Unless you use him as ML otherwise he looks very weak for defense. How's that working for you?

Why didn't you wait for Ben Arfa to get him for free? By that time he would've developed nicely.

Where are you using Silva and is he playing better than Messi?

yonko marcelo has been brilliant for me a LB when ive played him there. ban afra wanted to leave and lyon where accepting bids for him so had to buy him and i play 3 amc silva is in the centre messi is on the right and ronnie on the left but messi and ronnie are not on the wings just the three are amc messi is playing the best i would say but i only got silva in jan for his release clause am using SZJ'S tactic going very well

So Yonko, in your 4-4-2 do you push the D-line high up to reduce the gap left by the non-existing DMC? Because I reckon at least one of your MC's are on medium to high att. mentality...

Also, how many defensive duties do you trust the wingers to perform? Mentality wise and closing down...

Sounds interesting as it allows for two front runners rather than the single one in 4-3-3...

So Yonko, in your 4-4-2 do you push the D-line high up to reduce the gap left by the non-existing DMC? Because I reckon at least one of your MC's are on medium to high att. mentality...

Also, how many defensive duties do you trust the wingers to perform? Mentality wise and closing down...

Sounds interesting as it allows for two front runners rather than the single one in 4-3-3...

My D-line is at 12, CD is 15. One MC (Fabregas) has CD=10. Mentality = One on 7, the other on 10. I use my 2 MC's as distributors....after all I have the two best playmaking MC's in Iniesta and Fabregas icon_biggrin.gif. They are both my favorites IRL

My wingers (ML and MR positions) have normal mentality at 11-12ish. Their CD is set to team, which most of the time is 15.

Ah, the two front runners...Pato and Bojan are racing who's gonna score more! I use Messi upfront too. I can't wait for next season when I'm gonna add Aguero.

Oh BTW I bought Traore on the last day of January for 100m. upfront + 76m. after 50 league games. The best left back!!!

Valdes, Ramos, Traore, Albiol, Pique, Iniesta, Fabregas, Ronaldo, Messi, Pato and Bojan. How about that, ah?! icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon14.gif

Valdes, Ramos, Traore, Albiol, Pique, Iniesta, Fabregas, Ronaldo, Messi, Pato and Bojan. How about that, ah?! icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon14.gif

Nice team. But I prefer my 1st 11:

Ustari, Richards, Criscito, Zapata, Albiol, Fabregas, Silva, Ronaldo, Messi, Bojan, Aguero.

Actually, I prefer my sub 11 too:

Akinfeev, Vanden Borre, Clichy, Pique, Kompany, Lucas, Iniesta, G.dos Santos, Ronaldinho, Vela, Saivet.

Come to think of it, my reserve 11 aren't too bad:

Bouzanis, Rafinha, Pander, Garay, Felipe, Banega, Lulinha, Celsinho, M.Fernandez, Balotelli, Gyan

Originally posted by yonko:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rune_star:

My D-line is at 12, CD is 15. One MC (Fabregas) has CD=10. Mentality = One on 7, the other on 10. I use my 2 MC's as distributors....after all I have the two best playmaking MC's in Iniesta and Fabregas icon_biggrin.gif. They are both my favorites IRL

My wingers (ML and MR positions) have normal mentality at 11-12ish. Their CD is set to team, which most of the time is 15.

Ah, the two front runners...Pato and Bojan are racing who's gonna score more! I use Messi upfront too. I can't wait for next season when I'm gonna add Aguero.

Oh BTW I bought Traore on the last day of January for 100m. upfront + 76m. after 50 league games. The best left back!!!

Valdes, Ramos, Traore, Albiol, Pique, Iniesta, Fabregas, Ronaldo, Messi, Pato and Bojan. How about that, ah?! icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What kind of passing style and tempo are you using in that tactic?

Originally posted by teeyougee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Valdes, Ramos, Traore, Albiol, Pique, Iniesta, Fabregas, Ronaldo, Messi, Pato and Bojan. How about that, ah?! icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon14.gif

Nice team. But I prefer my 1st 11:

Ustari, Richards, Criscito, Zapata, Albiol, Fabregas, Silva, Ronaldo, Messi, Bojan, Aguero.

Actually, I prefer my sub 11 too:

Akinfeev, Vanden Borre, Clichy, Pique, Kompany, Lucas, Iniesta, G.dos Santos, Ronaldinho, Vela, Saivet.

Come to think of it, my reserve 11 aren't too bad:

Bouzanis, Rafinha, Pander, Garay, Felipe, Banega, Lulinha, Celsinho, M.Fernandez, Balotelli, Gyan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buddy, why are you playing Richards and Criscito as full-backs? Aren't they better in the center of defense? I personally like my full-backs to go forward all the time and cross good balls = attacking full-backs. Hence, I think Ramos/Alves on the right and Traore/Lahm on the left is the best in the game. With the players available to you I would line-up like this: Ustari - Rafinha, Clichy, Albiol, Criscito - Lucas, Fabregas, Ronaldo, Silva - Messi, Bojan.

In my game though, Albiol and Pique have formed an amazing partnership in the middle of my defense. But despite that I am think of bringing in Criscito as well. He looks like a monster in 2011! I think it all depends on how these gems develop each game. When I look at a player I'm interested in buying, I pay attention to how good his selected/position specific attributes and current (sometimes also past/history) form are.

On my save, Richards and Zapata have been struggling despite big money moves. Micah moved to Tottenham but they still aren't CL team. Zapata is at Man U partnering Rio insplace of Vidic but his AVR has always been below 7.00

Silva preferred a move to Real M instead of coming to my All-Star team. I guess he was affraid of competing for place with Ronaldo, Messi, Ronaldinho and Dos Santos. The first two of the four mentioned are absolutely 100% better than him anyway. And everyone knows the potential of Giovanni, right?

Anyway, good luck with your team! Let me know how it goes.

Originally posted by Scath:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yonko:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rune_star:

Valdes, Ramos, Traore, Albiol, Pique, Iniesta, Fabregas, Ronaldo, Messi, Pato and Bojan. How about that, ah?! icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What kind of passing style and tempo are you using in that tactic? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most of the time I use short passing and slow tempo. But lately I've seen that opponents begin to use more heavy pressing and more aggresive tackling/marking in the middle third of the field. So what I do then is up the tempo to high-ish normal. Playing like that allows Cesc and Iniesta to distribute the ball quicker to the wingers and forwards. Having both of them on mixed passing all the time also helps achieve that. Of course they both have attributes of 20's for passing and desicions to make it work!

TBH though, I have a new tactic/formation in mind for next season icon_biggrin.gif. I just like to keep it interesting and challenging enough. I don't think I develop some super-tactics or anything like that. It's hard to say that because of the quality players I have or will have. I'm simply have alot of fun getting all this superstars playing the way I want them to play - sexy football ala Ruud Gullit icon_biggrin.gif

Archived