FM08 - F.C Barcelona - Home Of The Spanish Giants

jonahno6

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by numerouno:

just finished my 3rd season with barca...did a treble!!!!!

remained unbeaten throughout the season.(well almost as aftr 35 lg games i had amassed 101 pnts and thn gav my youngsters a go with games against the bottom three..thts whr i lost a game in d league) 52 match unbeaten run

henry scoring 47 gls,eto 36 and innumerable assists,bojan 42 gls, zarate 23, and saivet 35..

but im not able to keep enough clean sheets though i concedded only 31 gls(2nd best in the lg with athletico givin only a mere 21 gls)

wow what formation did u use?

just started season 2 having won the champions league and 1st division in my 1st 1 and have only been given 41 mill transfer funds?

i thought u got over a 100 mill

Did you spend loads of money in january or something?

won the league with 9 games to go, won every game in the league and in the spanish cup, im in the final against real and iv won every game in the champions league apart from a draw in the quarter final first leg away at old trafford so its all good.

just hope i can finish the league unbeaten, (stil got real away) and win the champion league and maybe even the treble

Originally posted by ballinisahabit:

just started season 2 having won the champions league and 1st division in my 1st 1 and have only been given 41 mill transfer funds?

i thought u got over a 100 mill

I won the treble an got a transfer kitty of £150m, i already had £37m from selling players in june just before i got my new funds... Ridiculous amount of money, not that im complaining icon_biggrin.gif

thanks i only got 38 million thoicon_frown.gif

my squad is now

valdes, puyol, marquez, samba, zambrotta, marcelo, milito, edmilson, yaya toure, xavi, ronaldinho, messi, javi martinez, dos santos, van der vaart, iniesta, deco, guardado, matias fernandez, vela, aguero, zarate, eto'o and bojan

also for the youth iv got sakho, bouzanis, sankhare, lulinha, alex teixeira(amazing), saivet, fleck, wilshere, baxter, eccleston, galvan

in the future lookin to bring sadick adams amd insua into the team and maybe let deco and xavi go for the right offer

so its all going well i suppose

Ok guys I'm playing as a team who's name I shall not mention but I am after Bojan & Dos Santos its the start of season two and both are interested on player search. I currently play a very attacking 4141 formation and would require bojan to be retrained as a AMC but he would primarily play as a ST. Santos would switch between both wings and AMC So basically are they up to it as its gonna take my whole budget.

In my first season i had dos santos right wing and he started almost every game and played very well

bojan was second choice to eto'o but scored a fair few goals coming off the bench and scored more than henry, dos santos is ready, bojan probably is but is defo worth buying

• 3 weeks later...

Started my first season.

I went on a 30 match unbeaten streak in the league and am using a 4-2-4-1 formation.

I have Henry up front in a rotation policy with Eto'o, messi and ronaldinho on wings with Dos Santos and Deco occupying the AMC stot. I brought Theo Walcott for 11.25 million for the AMR spot (back up for messi).

I signed Flamini for 5.25 million to play with Xavi in MC.

I have Abidal and Alves (54 million but great) as wing backs and militio and marquez/puyol in CB and Valdes in GK.

Im first in the league by about 16 points. i did the double over r.madrid in the league but have got them in the final of spanish cup, + i am still in the CL quater finals with PSV up next, should thrash them tbh.

GK - Valdes/Jorqalin

CB - Marquez, Puyol, Militio/Oleguer(will release soon)

RWB - Alvez, zambrota

LWB - Abidal - been great all season but i need a back up in case he gets injured as Sylvinho is too old and going to be released.

MC - Flamini, Xavi, Yaya Toure

AML - Ronaldinho - Dos Santos

AMC - Deco, Iniesta

AMR - Messi, Theo Walcott

FC - Henry, Eto'o, Theo Walcott, Bojan

AMC - Iniesta - Deco -

• 2 weeks later...

My unbeaten Barcelona team in the league for 2 and a half seasons and still going strong!

GK - Valdes, Ustari, Weise

DR- Rafinha, sub Marvin Angulo

DL- Marcelo, sub Zambrotta

DC- Puyol, sub Marques

DC- Fazio, sub Abidal

DMC- Xavi or miguel veluso ( not sure if thats spelt correct)

Attacking midfielders

Messi

Ronaldo

Ronaldinho

Silva

Deco

Matiaz Fernandez

Strikers

Etoo

Henry

Bojan

Tevez

i am managing barcelona (in my 4th season). last season i won the CL and the League but they only game me 40 million. in my second season i did the treble and they still only game me 50 million ( i was so ****ed off i didnt spend any of it). you guys have any idea how i can get more cash out of the board.

all the qaulity players like maschrano and silva and mexes that i wanted to buy would have cost me more than on average 60 million a piece. do you recon its because i give my players high bonuses at the end of the season in all competitions.

I dont see how my team lacks youth, messi ronaldo, silva , Basically the players my team is made around is youth. And as for my defence there is only puyol who is getting on a bit, with marcelo, rafinha and fazio my other first team players and are all young.

I was going to sign micah richards but he rejected a 108k deal to sign for liverpool for 56k, very realistic. Especially since i just won the champions league.

Just finished season 2 and won the league & copa del rey double for the 2nd season. Only reached QF of Champs League though.

I have just splashed £75M on Fabregas. Is he worth it? I am still well in the black so I thought why not.

Team:-

GK: Ochoa (Valdes, Olazabal)

DL: Marcelo (Guillerhme)

DR: Barragan (Miguel Torres)

DC: Puyol (Breno)

DC: Pique (Raul Albiol)

MC: Martinez (Banega)

MC: Fabregas (Xavi)

AML:Ronaldinho (Iago)

AMR:Messi (Saivet, Gio dos Santos)

AMC:Aguero (Iniesta)

SC:Etoo (Vela, Bojan)

also have Lulinha, Alex Teixeira, Crosas.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started a Barcelona save today. Just over half the season gone. Ill post screenshot's when I can, but for now, I'll just give a general update.

Season So Far.

Started off with me tinkering with tactics and getting a solid 4-1-4-1 formation or defensive 4-5-1 formation. However, Barcelona isn't a defensive team, so there are twists involved. Managed to create a very good attacking and defending formation, which see's Ronaldhino, Messi and Henry/Eto (sp?) being used to their fullest.

Started off with the friendlies that I played and managed (with the First XI) a 8-0 win and a 7-0 win in the first two, before I introduced all the younger talent I had picked up (Sakho, Sankhare, Aquino, etc.). Ended the five friendlies with a 4-0, 3-0 and 3-1 victories to see my morale at near perfect going into my first match of the season, against Real Madrid.

First match went as expected playing away from Home, with Madrid absolutely dictating play until a beautiful through ball saw Henry one on one with Casillias. Henry as cool as anything, sent him the wrong way before slotting home the only goal of the match. Desperate defending was needed to close off the match with a string of 4 top notch saves from Valdes to ensure the first 3 points of the season for us. The rest of the results after that point were one way traffic, with out biggest result being a 10-1 win in the Spanish Cup in the home leg of the fourth round. The free-flowing football that Barcelona are able to produce is paying its price with us sitting 14 points clear of Madrid in the league with 9 games to go. Managed to win 26 and draw 3. Screenshot's will come as soon as I get them up.

The Spanish Cup

The Spanish Cup has been as easy as anything, with the easier of the draws going our way till the Quarter Finals. There we met Valencia and showed them we were no pushovers in a 2-0 win away from home and a, lets say lucky, 0-0 draw at home. The Semi's saw us matched against the previous winners Sevilla, which in both games we dominated and a managed a 5-1 aggregate win. The Final now see's us go up against the other Madrid with Aguero being the priority to close off.

The Champions League

With an easy group draw against Anderletch, Benfica and Rangers, we walked the group winning 6 from 6 and conceding only 3 goals (all from Benfica). This led us into the last 16 which saw us get the best of the lot with PSV. We dominated the away leg and came back to the Nou Camp with a comfortable 3-0 advantage which was quickly looking fragile as PSV hit us on the break twice to make it 2-0 before half time at the Nou Camp. An inspired substitution and a good team talk (thanks Wolfsong) saw us clinch a 2-2 draw with Henry hitting the net twice. This has led us into the Quarter Finals where we face Arsenal and then possibly the Semi's where it will either be Valencia or Chelsea.

Transfers To Date

Transfer Out

Eidur Gudjohnsen - Betis - £2 Million

Bojan - Deportivo - Season Long Loan

Transfer In

Younousse Sankhare - PSG - £925k

Matthieu Saunier - Bordeaux - £350k

Mamadou Sakho - PSG - £400k

Georginio Wijnaldum - Feyenoord - £600k

Alessandro Tuia - Lazio - £625k

Aquino - Murcia - £575k

Loic Abenzoar - Lyon - £1m

Miguel Veloso - Sporting CP - £11.75m

Rafael van der Vaart - HSV - £9.75m (January Transfer)

Havard Nordtveit - Arsenal - £7.25m (January Transfer)

Yes I over-paid for Nordtveit I know, but I really rate him highly and £7.25m for a player who becomes as good as he does I'm willing to pay that much. The only reason I paid that much was because Milan where in competition and they wouldn't accept less then that.

Well thats the general update on my season so far. At the end of the season ill post up all the screen shots (shouldn't be long, probably later tonight / tomorrow morning).

I only signed Veloso in the first transfer window and that was £0 upfront with £11.75m over 24 months. Which made up for all the youth I signed.

Then just before the transfer window closed I asked the board for extra transfer funds (was rather just checking to see If they gave me anything) and they gave me £14m. Just before the January transfer window they gave me another £9m to spend, which left me at £23m, which is how I managed to get Nordtveit and VDV.

Season 2007/08

Transfers In:

Henri Saivet

Mamadou Sakho

Marcelo

Igor Akinifeev

Gerard Pique

Regens

Loans In:

Toni Kroos

Transfers Out:

Sylvinho

Oleguer

Lilian Thuram

Edmilson

Youngsters who were not good enough.

Loans Out:

Albert Jorquera

Santiago Ezquerro

Eidur Gudjohnsen

Formation:

GK: Valdes/Aikinfeev

DR: Zambrotta (Puyol)

DL: Abidal/Marcelo

DC: Puyol (Pique)

DC: Milito/Marquez

MC: Iniesta (Xavi)

MC: Xavi/Yaya

MC: Deco (Iniesta)

RW: Messi (dos Santos)

LW: Ronaldinho (Messi)

CF: Eto'o/Henry (Bojan)

Tactics:

Messi and Ronnie acted as strikers since they were farrowed into the box. Iniesta and Deco farrowed to AMC with Iniesta acting as a passer and playmaker while Deco being an attacking mid with a free role. Xavi had a barrow to DMC.

26332481.gif

Results:

Won the the league with 33 wins, 2 draws and two losses. Scored 105, conceded 13. Finished with 102 points and 92 GD. Won the Spanish Cup, knocked out of the Champions League to Man Utd in the quarter final.

Archived