FM08 - F.C Barcelona - Home Of The Spanish Giants

jonahno6

I simply can't believe this team ... second season started ... first two matches I received 3 goals from 3 shots on target ... it's absolutely amazing who the hell built this game engine ... 20 years I've watched football and I have seen absolutely no team in this world to lose 20 matches in a season at the single shot on taget the oposition had ... and by dominating the game from start to finish ... even if you use a GK as a striker you can't miss 10 ocasions one-on-one with the keeper per match ... I'm starting to think if the developers have ever watched real football or they know football from computer games ... I still can't believe it

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by represor:

I simply can't believe this team ... second season started ... first two matches I received 3 goals from 3 shots on target ... it's absolutely amazing who the hell built this game engine ... 20 years I've watched football and I have seen absolutely no team in this world to lose 20 matches in a season at the single shot on taget the oposition had ... and by dominating the game from start to finish ... even if you use a GK as a striker you can't miss 10 ocasions one-on-one with the keeper per match ... I'm starting to think if the developers have ever watched real football or they know football from computer games ... I still can't believe it

8.0.2?

OK im just starting out on this game and noticed there was no overall player rating system, so off i went and took down all thier attributes and averaged them out to get an over-all rating..

I thought "well, i have it all down, i might aswell post it up incase someone else wants it".

So this is for newbies like myself who are going to use Barcelona (with the v8.0.2 patch) from 07/07/07

NAME: Technical Att. - Mental Att. - Physical Att. = Overall Rating

GOALKEEPERS

Victor Valdes - 15 - 13.5 - 14.5 = 14.5

Jose Manuel Pinto - 15 - 10.5 - 12.5 = 12.5

Albert Jorquera - 11.5 - 10 - 13.5 = 11.5

DEFENDERS

Eric Abidal - 13 - 14.5 - 16.5 = 14.5

Gabriel Milito - 11.5 - 14.5 - 16 = 14

Edmilson - 13 - 14.5 - 14.5 = 14

Rafael Marquez - 13 - 15 - 14 = 14

Carles Puyol - 11.5 - 15.5 - 15 = 14

Lillian Thuram - 10.5 - 14.5 - 15 = 13.5

Gianluca Zambrotta - 10.5 - 14.5 - 15 = 13.5

Sylvinho - 12.5 - 13 - 13 = 13

Oleguer - 10 - 12 - 14 = 12

MIDFIELDERS

Ronaldinho - 14.5 - 14 - 15 = 14.5

Yaya Toure - 13.5 - 14 - 15 = 14

Lionel Messi - 13.5 - 15 - 14 = 14

Deco - 14.5 - 16 - 12 = 14

Andres Iniesta - 13.5 - 15.5 - 13 = 14

Xavi - 13.5 - 15 - 11.5 = 13.5

Santiago Ezquerro - 11 - 11.5 - 13.5 = 12

Giovani dos Santos - 11 - 12.5 - 12.5 = 12

ATTACKERS

Samuel Eto'o - 11.5 - 15 - 16.5 = 14.5

Thierry Henry - 12 - 14 - 15 = 13.5

Eidur Gudjohnsen - 11 - 14.5 - 14 = 13

Bojan - 11.5 - 13.5 - 12 = 12.5

these ratings are all out of 20 and i hope that some of you may find this helpful.

After being holed up in England for a long time, i decided to step out and head for Spain choosing FC Barcelona. After 2 seasons, i won 2 league titles, 1 champs league, 1 fa cup, 2 spanish super cups, 1 euro super cup, 1 world clubs cup. i also lost a fa cup final.

in the 2nd season, i was on course to sweep all before me, until i crashed in the champs league final to arsenal 3-0, having won every single trophy up till that point!

Players i bought:

Ezequiel Garay - 20.5mil

Anthony Vanden Borre - 5mil

Alex Teixeira - 600k

Sergio Aguero - 33mil

Fernando Torres - 44mil

Breno - 6.5mil

Rafael Forster - 375k

Theo Walcott - free

Gerard Pique - free

Fabio - free(released by Man U)

i've also come to realise that Barca have probably the best youth team. i easily have given 1st team slots to Oier Olazabal, Bojan, Iago, Marc Crosas, Gai Assulin and Thiago with definitely more on the way. the money to spent is also incredibly huge. i could easily buy anyone i want!

well, i'm now into my 3rd season and have got off to a smashing start. i won the super cup again, and won all first 5 league games blasting in 18 goals! on top of that, i clobbered marseille in my first champs league game 4-1!

i hope to complete that elusive treble before probably moving on!

Cheers!

Originally posted by Arathonas:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by represor:

8.0.2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly .

my tactic is a clasic for barcelona

4-2-3-1

lloris

puyol---corluka---barzagli---zambrotta

xavi---iniesta

messi---ronaldinho---giovinco

bojan

when I get home from work I may upload more screens of unbelievable results ... I know that this things happen in football and this is why we like this sport but it can't and will never happen 20 times in a season for a single team ... I don't think the tactic is the problem ... eto'o and henry are one on one with the keeper and misses 5-6 occasion a match ... I don't think henry missed 6 oportunities alone with the keeper even when he was a youngster playing in the schoolyard.

the morale of the players is superb ... I've won CL and league cup in the first season but finished 5'th in the league because of this incredible results ... a lot of them

now I'm second 2 points behind real because of the imbatable cassilas ( this I can understand because he is the only good player in that team icon_biggrin.gif ) but in CL I will give you screens to see how AEK got 4 points in 2 matches against by hiting a single shot on target in 180 minutes

maybe I am the most unlucky person playing this game but I still think there are flaws with the system

Finally finished my transfers! hard work when you are managing 3 sides!

scr377f1d7qc5.th.jpg

that is my transfers. so now should be good only played 1 game against Atletico Madrid and won 5-0 icon_biggrin.gif

loving it at the moment. any response to my transfers would be great thanks

tacticszf7.jpg

here is my tactics screen

bartley is just a kid but with good potential ... I don't know if he will ever confirm and get in as a first team player ... for now he is just training

dos santos is just backup as I don't find him so strong on 8.0.2 patch ... still good though

I've sold valdes for 29M euros because I was really mad on him after he received a lot of goals on 90 min last season

now my problem is real madrid ... I don't know how to make them lose points other way than direct matches

yes madrid are a problem but at the start of the season sevilla seem to be going really strong!

in 1st season i am 7 points clear of sevilla and madrid, after 14 games won 11 drawn 3. going well so far. not winning in europe very well though which is annoying!

i like your formation looks good. are a few of those regans in your squad?

okay well i had no use for toure as i signed hamsik and have marquez to play dm. so i got 12million for him in january. and deco and puyol people are bidding but nothing yet. i don't play that much so hoping to make money whilst i sstill can!

just sold zambrotta so need puyol to play right back until end of the season.

but then who should i buy as my new right back? 2 would be good a top player and a youngster i was thinking sagna and de silvestri maybe alves? who would you recommend?

don't want abenzoar because i have him for Lyon, im also Lyon + Chelsea and don't want to be swapping players.

yeah i will put a bid in for Sagna, i got Zaccardo on a free coming at end of the season, so not sure i need anyone but i'm sure i will have the money.

Jan Transfers:

Ins:

Cristian Zaccardo free - coming at end of season

Gerson 60k - coming 2011

outs:

Gianluca Zambrotta - 9.25million

Yaya Toure - 12million

Deigo - Free + 50%

I finished my second season with barca undefeated with 102 points in la liga and won champions league so I was bored and I gave an ultimatum for extra transfer founds ( I wasn't intending to buy any more players but I asked for fun ) and they sacked me icon_biggrin.gif

6 months I stayed unemployed until december when Lazio offer me a new chalenge ... they were 11'th on the table and doing badly so I accepted just to test my skills ... juve and inter are extremely strong after 2 seasons but I have the objective to chalenge for the title after 2 seasons and I think it is achevable ... after this 2 years I will accept only a national job ... I have never been ofered the Italy job ... if I win the world cup I will retire ... hope it won't be somewhere in 2030 icon_biggrin.gif

started as barcelona few days ago thought i would update :)

my team & formation (not starting 11) http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=teamformationkw1.jpg

transfers http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=transfersnp2.jpg

currentley im joint top of the leauge 7games in with 16points , only losing once to real madrid 1st game of season .

Started as barcelona few days ago thought i would update :)

my team & formation (not starting 11) http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=teamformationkw1.jpg

transfers http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=transfersnp2.jpg

currentley im joint top of the leauge 7games in with 16points , only losing once to real madrid 1st game of season .

started a barca team in my newcastle save. bought guilherme 6m, garay 13.75m, marcelo 5.5m, san roman, wijnaldum, fleck, delle, sakho, kenia, aquino, sankhare, saivet, angulo, abdou traore. and sold thuram1m, valiente 1m and zambrotta 9m

won 7 out of 7 in the league only lost 1 game to sporting 1-0 in CL but changed tactic for that team so disapppointed. beat Valencia and Atletico Madrid but rest was just average clubs!

I started a new barcelona game over the weekend, have only played a dozen or so games. Swapping between this save and my Man Utd one. ALso took the Nigerian national job at the start of the season.

Transfers:

Got rid off alot of dead wood in the U19s and B squad. Have no fixtuyres for the B team so have put all the kids in the U19s and they are winning games for fun.

Screenshot doesn't show Edmilson being sold for a £1m. Total income being £45m

03252008135040gd5.th.jpg

Squad:

1st team

03252008135138xr4.th.jpg

U19s

03252008135205fe1.th.jpg

This is my team at the start of my third season.

Gk - Valdes/Bouzanis

RB - Richards/Zambrotta

CB - Puyol/Breno

CB - Milito/ Marquez

LB - Marcelo/ Abidal

DM - Mascherano/Lucas

CM - Martinez/Iniesta

AMC - Fernandez/Aguero/ Lulinha

AML - Ronaldinho/Silva/ Menez/ Giovani

AMR - Messi/ Ronaldo/ Menez/ Torje

ST - Eto'o/Henry/Bojan

Tasty. Unfortunately Messi, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo all injured for a few months at the moment.

Originally posted by Rydo L:

dexta

Nice transfers in mate but imo you are selling players for far too little. Deco - £7.5m Toure - £12m You can get much more for these players

i asked for more but then clubs just lost interest even 9million for deco inter said no. and its not as if barca don't give you enough money lol

i asked for more but then clubs just lost interest even 9million for deco inter said no. and its not as if barca don't give you enough money lol

I know what you mean mate but £7.5m for Deco is still way too little. I find that the best thing to do is if you play Deco alot through the season, which imo you should because he is class in the game, by the time January comes he will have generated more interest from clubs and you should be able to get at least £20m for him.

yeah he played around 30 games 1st season, value went up to 16million, but then i kept rejected bids for 15million and asking for 20+ but they were teams like milan and madrid who never seem to give you the money you want tight clubs. and then by the time i realised i wasnt going to getthat much i put it down to 18million and then he got injured i got a bid and then he failed a medical and was outfor 4months then him value dropped to 7.5mil because it was end of the season. then i had to just get rid. never mind eh

what kind of formation does everyone play as barcelona

if i play 4-5-1 then i feel eto'o or henry is wasted n if i play 2 upfront then deco or iniesta is wasted, for the money those 4 are worth is it worth selling one that sits on the bench

never mind iv got a formation that works now, despite long term injuries to puyol, edmilson. gudjohnsen and minor injuries to messi, bojan, milito and dos santos still managed to be top of league be 4 or 5 points after 8 games only signing chris samba and marcelo, the highlight being a 6-0 drumming of valencia at the nou camp

first game with barca and i love them

Originally posted by Jack Edwards:

Adonis, Some very good transfers there :p

Invested in alot of youth, also players that I haven't played with before.

Using a 4-1-2-2-1 formation so had no need to keep Henry, Etoo and Briand can do the job with Bojan has backup.

Haven't had much time to play only about 12 games into the season.

Archived