4-1-2-3 Ultimo Domination

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey just been reading on another forum if you man mark the goalie with your striker you score most of your clear cut chances. I tried it . and 1i first 5 mins i had 3 shots 3 ccc 3 goals

dont you get loads of disallowed goals for offside?

GREAT TACTIC just won the german league with HSV Hamburg in my 1st season!.i use Mr Hough tactic 1st half of the season

then use Ultimo Dimartino tweak version for the 2nd half of the season.

the team is with good players but not world class so its a great achivment (my opinion).

i lost 7 times and lost 1st round of the german cup and 1/4 europa league to roma that's ok consider

i have a short squad.

here is some pics:

League table:

http://img718.imageshack.us/i/hsv1.jpg/

Team:

http://img718.imageshack.us/i/hsv2.jpg/

I finished the fourth season. Again, no problems won the league and also won the cup although I still have to play the final of the Champions League against Liverpool. I also won the Super Cup Netherlands.

tabla4.png

copaholanda2.png

using this tactic my results are as follows

away v burnley lost 2-3

home v villa lost 1-4

cup semi v preston won 2-1

away v spurs lost 2-3

home v blackburn drew 3-3

away v newcastle drew 2-2

someone gimme some suggestions. tried moving my def libe back and full back mentality

still conceding loads

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!! Great game we dominated for 90 minutes until we tied in 92 but we win on penalties.

championsleagueq.png

finalh.png

Sincerely, impressive, excellent, spectacular, incredible ... Thanks for this great tactic that in 4 years, I had about 4 leagues, 2 cups of Holland, 3 Super Cups of Holland and 1 Champions League. I will continue 1 more year at Heerenveen to see if I can win the European Super Cup and Club World.

I leave the final match against Liverpool.

http://rapidshare.com/files/344517086/Liverpool_v_sc_Heerenveen.pkm.html

http://www.filefront.com/15479805/Liverpool%20v%20sc%20Heerenveen.pkm

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!! Great game we dominated for 90 minutes until we tied in 92 but we win on penalties.

championsleagueq.png

finalh.png

Sincerely, impressive, excellent, spectacular, incredible ... Thanks for this great tactic that in 4 years, I had about 4 leagues, 2 cups of Holland, 3 Super Cups of Holland and 1 Champions League. I will continue 1 more year at Heerenveen to see if I can win the European Super Cup and Club World.

I leave the final match against Liverpool.

http://rapidshare.com/files/344517086/Liverpool_v_sc_Heerenveen.pkm.html

http://www.filefront.com/15479805/Liverpool%20v%20sc%20Heerenveen.pkm

Can you put a link up as i no you are playing with v1.1 as i cant see it on opening post

First of all I am Spanish and I write through the google translator. I hope that I may understand.

cragswfc I downloaded the tactic of the first post. I think it is this http://www.filefront.com/15357435/Ultimo-Domination-V1.1-Better-Middlesbrough-Jul-2010.tac/

Wazza33 I just put it without touching anything and Bubba's talks with me are perfect. I have also been observed that in the pre-match press conferences we must try to give confidence to the team.

For example, came to win it all until my battle against PSV, and said it was a fantastic opportunity to win. The team was not happy at my press conference and not played a good game and lost. I think these things that are important and if you have any doubts about what to say best to abstain or not comment.

I going with these things very well. Everything I've won with Heerenveen. And Colombia is going pretty well. America's Cup Finalist and I'm already qualified for the 2014 World Cup without passing problems the absence of 3 matches.

hey just been reading on another forum if you man mark the goalie with your striker you score most of your clear cut chances. I tried it . and 1i first 5 mins i had 3 shots 3 ccc 3 goals

haha lol!!!! i remeber when that used to work about 5years ago. can't remeber what fm it was might have even been the last cm. but i remeber doing that with larsson at celtic and he would get 70goals a season easy. RVD would only get 60goals it was also part of some crazy xmas tree formation with 2 cb's and 1 st. i love the crazy old school tactics....it was the cm/fm before RVD moved to man utd and he was injured for 9months at the start.

Been start using this trick...first game won 5-2...got 9 offsides, but 7 CCC...and scored 5!

I put all 3 strikers to manmark the keeper!

I was expecting a narrow win or draw but won 5-2...not bad!

I used to use this trick in CM2 or so...with Martin Palermo that time, scored liked 50 goals per year...

First of all I am Spanish and I write through the google translator. I hope that I may understand.

cragswfc I downloaded the tactic of the first post. I think it is this http://www.filefront.com/15357435/Ultimo-Domination-V1.1-Better-Middlesbrough-Jul-2010.tac/

Wazza33 I just put it without touching anything and Bubba's talks with me are perfect. I have also been observed that in the pre-match press conferences we must try to give confidence to the team.

For example, came to win it all until my battle against PSV, and said it was a fantastic opportunity to win. The team was not happy at my press conference and not played a good game and lost. I think these things that are important and if you have any doubts about what to say best to abstain or not comment.

I going with these things very well. Everything I've won with Heerenveen. And Colombia is going pretty well. America's Cup Finalist and I'm already qualified for the 2014 World Cup without passing problems the absence of 3 matches.

After seeing your results, I think I might switch back to V1.1. I also have achieved everthing with my squad with this tactics. V2 seems to be more stable, but it is not. With Aachen, I would expect the year after promotion, with younger and better players, I should head to the top half of the table and I am still stuck as the similar finishing positon last yr.

So may switch back and see...

My version is still working like a treat for my team! Scoring for fun and sitting confortably in 4th place and closing down on the 3 top clubs in portugal. Ignoring those 4 consecutive defeats in the end of december, it has a memorable season for me!! Just see my match against setubal, in wich I was slighly favourite!

setubal.th.jpg

calendarq.th.jpg

As long as you take care of your team's morale (lots of interacting with your players and friendlies with your U-21 team) don't really know how you can go wrong with this!

Just finished my first season as chelmsford in bss. Have been using v2 and the teamtalks mentioned. Had to bring in virtually a new squad, using suggestions from this site and also scrolling through the national teams of france. I realise chelmsford are one of the stronger bss teams but was still pleased with the season. Highlights include beating brighton from l1 in the fa cup and a few bsp teams in the fa trophy before being knocked out by cambridge utd.

Hope to get some better players in for next season.

th_ChelmsfordCity-3.png

th_ChelmsfordCity-2.png

th_ChelmsfordCity.png

th_BlueSquareSouthLeague.png

My version is still working like a treat for my team! Scoring for fun and sitting confortably in 4th place and closing down on the 3 top clubs in portugal. Ignoring those 4 consecutive defeats in the end of december, it has a memorable season for me!! Just see my match against setubal, in wich I was slighly favourite!

As long as you take care of your team's morale (lots of interacting with your players and friendlies with your U-21 team) don't really know how you can go wrong with this!

Nice...I don't know why, I just lost lots of games, vs Dortmund, HSV.......and the odds are favoured to me...

Guys....after so many frustration...I developed my own one from all the tactics on these sites. I have played only 2 games in it, but I won and I lost with these games with other tactics. Here is the link:

http://www.filefront.com/15483703/Ultimo%20Vitoco%20V2.1%20%28Aachen%2C%20Nov%202011%29.tac

this is the pic of how it looks:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43114173@N00/4324243697/sizes/o/

I used to play FM10 10.1 without wingbacks. The idea is that in FM 10, winger are not as good as previous version, and also I had to buy at least 4 more players to fit these roles.

The tac I have now, I can forget all the wingbacks and concentrate on 5 types of players:

GK

DC

DMC/MC, the creative ones with good off the ball, I put in MC

FC the goalscorer

FW the pacer passes

Well my tac is just a test. You may or may not like it but please don't shout at me, or splash blood on my front door!!! Use it in your own risk...creative comments are welcome!

Thank you your English is good if i was doing it the other way round it say something like this

usted me consiguió cantando la melancolía

Guys....after so many frustration...I developed my own one from all the tactics on these sites. I have played only 2 games in it, but I won and I lost with these games with other tactics. Here is the link:

http://www.filefront.com/15483703/Ultimo%20Vitoco%20V2.1%20%28Aachen%2C%20Nov%202011%29.tac

this is the pic of how it looks:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43114173@N00/4324243697/sizes/o/

I used to play FM10 10.1 without wingbacks. The idea is that in FM 10, winger are not as good as previous version, and also I had to buy at least 4 more players to fit these roles.

The tac I have now, I can forget all the wingbacks and concentrate on 5 types of players:

GK

DC

DMC/MC, the creative ones with good off the ball, I put in MC

FC the goalscorer

FW the pacer passes

Well my tac is just a test. You may or may not like it but please don't shout at me, or splash blood on my front door!!! Use it in your own risk...creative comments are welcome!

What was your starting point for this one? version 1, 1.1, 2? I am currently using version 2 with Dimartino's tweaks and i really don't know what to think. I won away at Udinese with 10 men 5-1 then lost at home to Cagliari 2-1 (i deserved to lose).

the reason i ask is that i tried something similar myself with 3 at the back and one DMC with 3 MC's in front of him. I tried it as an experiment with Valencia and it went badly. The lowlight being a 2-2 draw with Anderlecht who were down to 10 men!

i started a new game with watford,after i saw ren's achviement with heereveen side.So i decided to try Ren's tactic for my watford side.I had a great pre-season,it wasn't a suprise because we played against amateur teams.So Season starts and i played 2 matches and i lost 2..i know i can't be champion with watford but this tactic simply doesn't work for my team.

asdasdfx.th.jpg faasfafs.th.jpg

as you can see,first match i played with doncaster,my team had 20 shots but i lost 1-3..i don't want 20 shots really,i prefer 3 goals with 5 shots like doncaster team.And I was favourite before the match.I'm not waiting 5-0 victories over this teams with my team but i don't think i can call this tactic as "domination"..Anyway I'm waiting for Mr.Hough's new tactic :)

Hi mate, love this tactic, loads of fun to use. Had a lot of success with ol' Hull City, so obviously its a super-tactic!! I've just become manager of Norway, gonna try it with them now! I've been using it for about 3 seasons and have just realised I have been using 'closing down always' on strikers and AMC's, and 'tight marking always' on fullbacks and wingers - the opposite of your instructions! However it seems to work fine, I have a fair amount of clean sheets and dont concede too many goals at all. I also don't use shouts at all, unless seeing out the last 5 mins when I use 'retain possession' and change to 'control'. I also changed CB's to have one sweeping and one closing down when i play teams using 4-4-1-1, using specific man-marking to 'close' the AMC and 'sweep' the striker, that works well for me too. Some people on this thread moaning it doesn't work shouldn't be afraid to try a tweak or two to play to their strengths - surely experimenting is part of the fun of being a manager?!! Anyway just wanted to say 'Cheers' to Mr Hough, you've helped me get to grips with the game as I've just jumped from a 30-yr career on FM2007!

Oké, first of al, I didn't tweaked the tactic, I only moved the positions. The full backs to CM, 1 CM to AMC, that's it. I'm not a creator like you people, I only experimented!

http://www.filefront.com/15477349/Cheltenham%20v.10%20%28FC%20Groningen%2C%20Mar%202010%29.tac

Tried this tactics again...GREAT!!!!

I am Aachen...

Beated the liked of Leverkusen (1 in league)

Stuttgart (5th)

Home and Away.

If you play tough game, do:

Slow tempo

High time wasting

Very deep D-line...

which version you using?

Hi mate, love this tactic, loads of fun to use. Had a lot of success with ol' Hull City, so obviously its a super-tactic!! I've just become manager of Norway, gonna try it with them now! I've been using it for about 3 seasons and have just realised I have been using 'closing down always' on strikers and AMC's, and 'tight marking always' on fullbacks and wingers - the opposite of your instructions! However it seems to work fine, I have a fair amount of clean sheets and dont concede too many goals at all. I also don't use shouts at all, unless seeing out the last 5 mins when I use 'retain possession' and change to 'control'. I also changed CB's to have one sweeping and one closing down when i play teams using 4-4-1-1, using specific man-marking to 'close' the AMC and 'sweep' the striker, that works well for me too. Some people on this thread moaning it doesn't work shouldn't be afraid to try a tweak or two to play to their strengths - surely experimenting is part of the fun of being a manager?!! Anyway just wanted to say 'Cheers' to Mr Hough, you've helped me get to grips with the game as I've just jumped from a 30-yr career on FM2007!

A bit of update:

Team: Aachen

Background: German 2nd Div, currently in mid table in Germany

Game: 4th in 1st division

Runs: 10 games unbeaten

Tactics: That strange Star Wars lookalike one, no wingbacks...2-1-3-1-3

hey thanks for the compliment on the tactics and if you have any decent tactics for FM07 could you PM me them as i like playing that game but don't have any decent tactics for it

A bit of update:

Team: Aachen

Background: German 2nd Div, currently in mid table in Germany

Game: 4th in 1st division

Runs: 10 games unbeaten

Tactics: That strange Star Wars lookalike one, no wingbacks...2-1-3-1-3

Hi mate,

This spaceshuttle tactic that I discovered as a accident, is so good. I always let my assistent pick the squad, mostly go on vacantion during matches, and it's still only winning games. You don't have to be a good fm player anymore...

I've been incredible goals scored in 13 games. I think this year will be complicated Eredivisie. In Champions I'm in 1 / 8 finals. And with Colombia be a finalist in the Copa America, Confederations Cup semi-finalists and first in the qualifying group ahead of Argentina I have earned to be first seeded in the World Cup and have a simple group.

tabla51.png

mundialx.png

Hi mate,

This spaceshuttle tactic that I discovered as a accident, is so good. I always let my assistent pick the squad, mostly go on vacantion during matches, and it's still only winning games. You don't have to be a good fm player anymore...

Well more than 50% of babies are bornt by accident!!! :p:p

Well just giving you the compliment to investigate, change and share this tactics. We all spent millions of hours to research by certainly these things come by if it comes!

I am using a weak, poor team. The original Ultimo Domination got me promoted from german 2nd to 1st division was great achievement! Big hand to Mr.H. However in the 1st div, I lost my consistance and the 1st season was just able to finish 2 pos above relagation. Starting the beginning of 2nd season and the same happened!

In mid season, germany has 3 weeks winter break so I had chance to test tactics. I have tested series of tactics inc: V1, V1.1, V2, V2.1....but none could give me a stable results!

Since I use your one, I was 10 games unbeaten, breaking my club history (LOL), Goalie didn't concede for more than 400mins (history again!), went into semi of german cup (was expected 3rd round), beated the league leader away 3-1, climbing from 15pos to 4pos in 10 games!!!

i'm liking v1.1 again....with the new tweak of marking the GK with the two wider strikers. i think once you get in the right quality of player the tactic works wonders. eg my defence has improved alot replacing otamendi with zapata.

did a bit of genie scouting and using that it reckons the best team for this formation would be...

adler

evra rio vidic ramos

macherano

gerrard essien

c.ronaldo villa aguero.

duno if that would be the actual best team what do you guys think.

i'm liking v1.1 again....with the new tweak of marking the GK with the two wider strikers. i think once you get in the right quality of player the tactic works wonders. eg my defence has improved alot replacing otamendi with zapata.

did a bit of genie scouting and using that it reckons the best team for this formation would be...

adler

evra rio vidic ramos

macherano

gerrard essien

c.ronaldo villa aguero.

No offence, with a team liked this, you can win with any tactics...

No offence, with a team liked this, you can win with any tactics...

yeh i know that. i was just wondering what would be the best possible team for the formation. i don't think you could actualy buy or have that team in fm10 without some form of cheating.

adler

evra rio vidic ramos

macherano

gerrard essien

c.ronaldo villa aguero.

How do you man mark the GK with your two wider strikers?

Can you send me mr hough tactics with the tweaks you have put if its working sucessfull for you and let me know any other features you are using.

Cheers

I'm aston villa in second season by the way, currently 9th after 20 games, finished 8th first season

Archived