Knap FM10 Tactics

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Corkey

Cleon has threads on both formations, have you not tried with those tactics?

I will try the old classic Kimz formation 4231 at some point, but at the moment I've set up a revised 442 and will be testing that and the Oxford and diamond tactics.

how about the Oxford main and the normal and the 61pts tactic(3 dif tactics)..?can I use them on holiday with a lower rep team?which one would u use on hol. in this situation?

When you guys go on holiday, do you mark 'Assistant manager takes control of team talks'?

Any new game I set Ass Man for team talks,press, and arrange friendlies.

Ok. What sort of attributes are you looking for when you are signing a assistant manager?

Im going to give one of your tactics a go with Villareal, do you have any recomendations regarding version to use?

Sorry for my bad english :)

I very seldom change any staff. I do like the FM10 feature with recommended staff etc but I often look for ex players.

My choice of formation depends upon players I either have at club or want to buy.

Thanks knap, 442 doesn't work for me (as being a well known issue with fm10.2), but your 4-2-3-1 is fantastic, though corners are not working at all. I took privilege to edit your basic 4-2-3-1 according to corner theory.

When before I scored only 1/15, now with the corner theory ratio is 9/15. Well, call it a cheat or bug, I'm happy to use this tweak ;)

Make sure to put your better header as DC

Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/341939563/4-3-2-1-cornert.tac

All credits to Knap!

(edited DR to right DC)

Not had a chance to have a look at set up, but in general you need to be careful at set pieces.

When defending corners normally 3 up for counter attack but the AI will try overloading if needing a goal, which means a tactic adjustment. It would be easier to have a back if needed as with attacking corners.

Often AI lurk player is marked by Tall marker, which pulls a CB out of box. Has been reported in bugs forum.

In general the tactics have a 5 man wall but I've noticed this drop to 3, especially when AI score. Also reported in bugs forum.

In general I prefer the more commanding GK element but the application IMO has been very poor.

For RM the easy to use tactic is narrow diamond or the Oxford tactic which is an adapted wide diamond.

Still kooking at options so may not be final version -41212

4-1-2-1-2teamP101F91A18 _Chelsea_ May 2010_.tac - 0.00MB

I decided to change my tactic for the above one instead of the 4-4-2 Tottenham because I could not find any decent MR and Lee Martin was very inconsistent for me. I've only played 4 friendlies but my results are:

Newcastle (A) 0-2

Kidderminster (A) 0-6

Crewe (A) 0-1

Dundee Utd (H) 2-0

I know its only 4 friendlies but the signs are very promising. I will let you know how I get on with it.

Thanks knap, 442 doesn't work for me (as being a well known issue with fm10.2), but your 4-2-3-1 is fantastic, though corners are not working at all. I took privilege to edit your basic 4-2-3-1 according to corner theory.

When before I scored only 1/15, now with the corner theory ratio is 9/15. Well, call it a cheat or bug, I'm happy to use this tweak ;)

Make sure to put your better header as DC

Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/341939563/4-3-2-1-cornert.tac

All credits to Knap!

(edited DR to right DC)

Hi Mr Aok,

Could you please upload to a different host, because Im getting an overloaded server message at rapidshare or even send it to my email sg.aramis@gmail.com.

Thanks

Nevermid, I already get it gonna test it.

4132 Tactic with as many goals as pts.

englishpremierdivision9.png

its ok doing it with Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and even Spurs can you show us what your tactic would do like with a small team's like Burnley, Bolton, Hull etc

With smaller teams it depends on buying and selling players to develop a squad. Even with Spurs, although I try to keep as many of the original squad as possible, I strengthen the squad and this is what the game is about. With Spurs I also tend to use at least Home and Away tactics for first 2 seasons until the squad strength is good enough. Even lower league the aim is to build best squad in division, not find a tactic to win the division with the worst squad. I test in lower league just to find out if the quality of players at that level can use the tactic.

With a smaller team you just need a tactic to allow time to squad build.

Couple of questions: How come with any of these tactics I don't have access to touchline instructions within an actual match? Also using the 442 Chelsea formation with the attacking left and right midfielders how come some players on the team screen have little green dots next to them, but the others don't i.e One striker has a green dot but not the other?

Its because Knapp is doing the tactics in classic mode so no shouts, the green dot represents positon of the player, for example joe cole natural position ie amr and he can play amc but only accomplished rather than natural, hence the lighter green dot, and thanks for the tactics Knapp keep up the good work. :-)

mufc

Rather than use touchline shouts, I prefer to adjust tactic and save that adjusted tactic (option tactic), say with a deeper DL and less closing down. You can access the adjusted tactic from the same dropdown box.

With touchline shouts I would probably use a combination of shouts which is a bit of a pain and slow compared to changing to an adjusted option tactic.

The other problem with touchline shouts, is that as soon as you overide settings within a TC created tactic the shouts do not change these settings.

I would have preferred a dropdown box with the team settings so you could just change DL or tick Tight marking, but having an option tactic covers most situations.

I'll have to experiment with this then Knap. Really enjoying the 442 with the high up attacking left and right midfielders. Just sometimes the Assistant Manager makes recommendations during matches regarding passing, tackling, sometimes individual players. In other tactics a touchline shout could correct this, obviously now I know I'll have to go to tactics and move the sliders about a bit and save them as another tactic.

As you have probably read I have commented on using Knap tactics before and with great success. Well my pc crashed last week so I lost all my games so I had to start again. I decided this time to use the 4-1-2-1-2 tactic for a change and as you can see from the pic below it has been going very well apart from the friendly loss to Blackburn. I'm also using Bubba Bay Tuna Team Talks and Tugs Training with this tactic. I 'll keep you posted on how things go and once again Thanks Knap.

fixturesh.th.png

Thanks for the tactics Knap.

Just completed my first season using one of your 2010 tactics with my Manchester United side. I used the 442 with the attacking left and right midfielder formations.

EnglishPremierDivision.png

As you can see proved very succesful in the league. I also won the Champions League in a tough 1-0 game over Liverpool. Sadly got dumped out of FA Cup and League Cup in early stages in 'Embarrassing' as the Boad labelled them results. Hopefully they'll continue being successful in the next season. Roughly how long does it take for the AI to come up with a solution to your formation, team instructions and start beating you?

mufc

That is probably the best League table I've seen!

I often do not do well in cup games especially against low rep teams in FM10.

I am not aware that AI crack tactics, however the game can give you bad luck and your team will give away pens miss easy chances, usually lasts a few games then it should go back to normal, but check any man management issues.

The tactics which are team based are all the same basic set up if you need a change of formation.

Did you score many from corners, if so, can you let me know corner set up as I still score very few from corners.

Thanks for the tactics Knap.

Just completed my first season using one of your 2010 tactics with my Manchester United side. I used the 442 with the attacking left and right midfielder formations.

EnglishPremierDivision.png

As you can see proved very succesful in the league. I also won the Champions League in a tough 1-0 game over Liverpool. Sadly got dumped out of FA Cup and League Cup in early stages in 'Embarrassing' as the Boad labelled them results. Hopefully they'll continue being successful in the next season. Roughly how long does it take for the AI to come up with a solution to your formation, team instructions and start beating you?

that looks good can you direct me to the right link please you are using please ?

The tactic I used was the 4-4-2P99F96A254222P102F95A21 _Chelsea one.

Only things I changed in it was move the team mentality up a couple of notches due to me having strong attacking players, so whole team was more attack minded. I then took Rooney and changed his individual settings, giving him much creative freedom and allowing him to take long shots. As I posted in the Man Utd Team thread in the Team forum, I had all my front men score 24+ goals during the season. Everyone in the squad bar the two goalkeepers and the right back contributed goals.

The tactic I used was the 4-4-2P99F96A254222P102F95A21 _Chelsea one.

Only things I changed in it was move the team mentality up a couple of notches due to me having strong attacking players, so whole team was more attack minded. I then took Rooney and changed his individual settings, giving him much creative freedom and allowing him to take long shots. As I posted in the Man Utd Team thread in the Team forum, I had all my front men score 24+ goals during the season. Everyone in the squad bar the two goalkeepers and the right back contributed goals.

thanks will check out your team thread