Knap FM10 Tactics

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig

I usually use TM on right in this case Drogba. The screenshot below is in fact a mirror image of original tactic (99pt) and will work with a mentality switch on TM and MC, so should be able to switch forwards without a problem and MCs. The AI often swap positions and I doubt their tactics settings are being changed.

chelsea3u.png

Not sure if this will be the right tactic for me, I started off pretty good. Top of the league 2 months ago now i am sitting 4th 1 point infront of Spurs and Liverpool. Goodbye CL :(

So it'll be Aggy on the left and then Cardozo on the right?

Often a mid season slump and I only won games in this period with goals from Corners for 1-0 wins.

TM usually on right but depends which way round the forwards work best at scoring.

Really struggling with the 4-4-2, very hit and miss and my forwards aren't getting any chances let alone scoring any. How good are you're players? admittedly i certainly don't have a world class squad but there pretty good.

Also tried the 4-3-2-1 which is great going forward but forget about keeping a clean sheet. I'm astonished you only conceded 24 goals with this tactic, how did you pull that off? did you holiday it or did you play the games?

The 442's seem to work very well with a bit of common sense towards the defensive line, width and tempo. I've basically been following cleons method from the sheff utd project but using knaps tactics and just adjusting the defensive line, width and tempo depending on the opposition I'm facing. Seems to work very well indeed. I'm finally starting to enjoy this game!

I changed many of the settings, but 61Pts from 21 games indicates that the settings have potential.

You can drop the DL with other 4321, usually use push up for MU but drop DL for other top teams.

I'll tell you something though, Knap. The Cleon theory seems to work extremely well with your tactics as I'm now 31 games unbeaten! That's including 10 clean sheets in a row in the league! I keep all of your settings the same except for width, tempo and defensive line. I use the tottenham 442 for all games except for those difficult away games when I switch to the away version.

enterprise

I always read Cleon's threads and I tend to test these type of adjustments for option tactics such as Spurs tactic. If you can outline the your changes and reasons for change, it may be useful for others and I can test them in game.

Crewe

I will let you have a PM a copy if it fulfills its promise.

englishpremierdivision4.png

Well I finished the season as Champions with my record as P46 W28 D12 L6 GF94 GA50. So overall quite a good season. Although towards the end the goals dried up for my strikers and it was only thanks to my midfielders the goals kept coming. So Premiership here I come but the my question is should I carry on playing with the 442 tactic or should I try the Chelsea 4321 tactic.?

The 4321 has potential for other formations such as 4141 to be more defensive, which is how the FM08 tactic worked when defending, but I've only tested with Chelsea and have not had the need to change the tactic.

The following is a simplified team talk idea from another site that I was testing until the laptop crashed and as I do not use autosave could not be to replay the matches. I did find that the strikers did appear to put more chances away using these team talks rather than Ass Man. Maybe worth a try and end those goal drought periods.

Pre Match:

favourites for the game then do not give a team talk, regardless of being home or away

rival team then set team talk [For the Fans]

underdog, At home set team talk [We can win today] If Away [Wish Team Luck]

Half Time:

*If your winning the game then do not give a team talk.

*Drawing the game, If your doing better than the other team then don't give a team talk. If your doing worse then the other team set team talk to [Want to see more from you] or [Disappointed]

* If Losing set team talk to [Want to see more from you] or [Disappointed]

End Result:

* The end result team talk is always the same regardless of result! You give the team talk, according to player ratings not end result.

*5.0 or under [Disappointed]

*5.1 to 7.9 [Well done]

*8.0 or higher [Delighted]

Without farrows the 4321 may be to open for a non top side that cannot can dominate play like Chelsea, especially with Essien as MC.

Would Gago from Real Madrid or Mascherano from Liverpool fit the bill playing as a MC. Alsp Knap would Daniel Sturridge fit in as the lone striker on this tactic?

Mostly passing and marking.

Any good hard working MC/DM although I prefer them to be good at heading as well. With Chelsea Drogba Anelka or Dzeko play as lone striker so should be flexible.

Ok Knap i will try to explain as well as i can. Well first of all my unbeaten run in all competitions went over 50+ games. I'm managing Spurs by the way. I only lost twice in the entire campaign, once against Birmingham in the league when i completely battered them but just couldn't find the net. The other was against Real Madird in Champions League semi. I was 4 minutes away from reaching the final when Ronaldo popped up and scored the winner. I did however manage to win the Premiership, League Cup and FA Cup so overall i was pretty chuffed to be honest!

My basic approach to each game was obviously depending on the opposition and whether i was home or away. At home i would only use the spurs 442 and away i would rotate between the spurs 442 and the away 442. What i'll do is i'll pick 3 teams as an example and explain how i would approach each match home and away. I'll use Arsenal, Aston Villa and Sunderland.

If i was playing Arsenal at home as they are a strong team with plenty of pace i would start with the spurs 442. If i used it with the default settings i would be playing very risky as it's high tempo, defensive line and very wide. So what i'd do is drop each of those to normal to reduce the risk. That usually works very well but if i find in the first 20 mins that they're in control i will drop them even further so that they're all on slow, narrow and deep respectively. That way you can keep a bit of possession, you're difficult to break down and you can create better chances. If i was away then i would approach the game using the away 442 tactic and again reducing the tempo, width and defensive line to normal. I would use the same in game tweaks as at home. With this approach i defeated Arsenal 1-0 at home and 2-0 away.

If i was playing Villa at home i'd use the same approach as above as they are another team full of pace. Usually it's enough to beat slightly weaker teams but if you do find that you're struggling to take control of the match you could choose to reduce the tempo, width and defensive line or increase it depending on the stats (possesion etc). Playing away i would use the same approach as against Arsenal. I beat them both home and away.

Finally against Sunderland you can afford to be a bit more adventurous as they don't have as much quality so at home i would start with the default setting on the spurs 442. If for some reason you are failing to create good chances it could obviously be down to the quick tempo approach so i would drop the tempo, width and defensive line to normal once again and that would usually do the trick. Away from home i would start with the spurs 442 but reduce tempo, width and defensive line to normal. If struggling to sustain possession i would drop them to slow, narrow and deep. If i was dominating the game but failing to score i would increase them to quick, wide and push up. Once again i beat them home and away.

I think all of the above kind of makes sense. I would have used some screenies but i'm already into the next campaign unfortunately. I use the exact same approach for every game and i also use the very popular team talks which are explained in one of the sticky threads. If anyone hasn't tried them yet then you're missing out, seriously.

I also used the same approach when i was managing Sunderland but as the team is weaker i did have to start a lot of matches with slow tempo, narrow width and deep defensive line. But i still used the same approach as to which tactic i would use etc. I joined Sunderland from Forest with half a season to go in the relegation zone and managed to keep them up. The next season we came 7th and that led to the job offer from Spurs!

Perfect explanation. If you don't mind I will copy into post 1.

A few screenies of tempo width and DL settings may help as these would give others confidence that the settings will work subject to lady luck.

Right i'm gonna attempt to show you how i would alter the settings of tempo, width and defensive line over two matches against Arsenal home and away. It's just an example of how you could approach a tough match home and away when using Knaps tactics. This approach works very well for me but there's no guarantees it would work for others but hopefully it does.

Spurs v Arsenal

It's a tough game so i would and always use the spurs 442 tactic at home but with the following adjustments to tempo, width and defensive line.

hometough.jpg

If for example Arsenal were just edging the game i would make the following tweaks..

hometoughweaker.jpg

I wouldn't normally risk going back to the default settings of quick tempo, wide width and push up as Arsenal are full of pace and can hit you on the break. If i start to take control of the game then i would consider going back to normal tempo, width and defensive line. It depends on how the game's going really. In my campaign i managed to nick a tough game 1-0 with Defoe scoring from the spot. Created a few CCC's.

Arsenal v Spurs

Even tougher as away from home so i would start with the away 442 tactic and these settings..

awaytough.jpg

This setup usually works pretty well for me but if i'm struggling to get into the game i'll drop the tempo, width and defensive line like so..

awaytoughweaker.jpg

Once again if you start getting into the game again then consider going back to normal tempo, width and defensive line. In my campaign i absolutely battered Arsenal with this setup, 2-0. We never looked like losing.

Well that's how i'd approach a tough game home and away. Of course it will differ on the opposition so sometimes you can offord to be a bit more adventurous. It would take a while to post screenies for every tweak that i make against every team because every side is different. But the above is just a general guideline i use.

Let me know if you want other screenies on other scenarios.

enterprise

I've incorporated the width and tempo change into the 4321 Oxford normal tactic and the original Spurs tactic uses a dropped DL and CD.

For the defend tactic I've changed runs and formation rather than drop deeper but this gives another option.

Team talks do appear to add an edge so worth following a guide and checking player response.

Good stuff think I may have to try the 4321 out. Once again I'm undefeated after 14 games but I've drawn 7 of them. Think this may be down to the fact that I added a few players to the squad and they may not have yelled. I'll struggle on to the end of this season and then use the 4321.