[FM10] Coast - A career like no other.

m1234566778

'Theres no better journeyman than a traveler with a boat.

Nothing to tie you down, just live at the pier and eat takeaway every night.

If things don't work out, cast off to sea.'

Played on the original database. Blue Square North/South and above(England), Serie A(Italy) and Liga BBVA(Spain).

I set my reputation as Semi-Pro and chose to go with Fleetwood, who play in the Blue Square North. My journey begins here...

Season 1-Fleetwood Town-Blue Square North-League Position 3rd(Play off winner)

Season 2(-28.12.10) Fleetwood Town-Blue Square Premier-N/A

Season 2(29.12.10-27.2.11) Brighton-League 1-N/A

Season 2(6.3.11-) Newport County-Blue Square South 15th

Season 1 - Fleetwood Town

League Position 3rd - Play Off winner

Top Scorer - Danny Mitchley 21

Player of the season - Pavol Suhaj

My player of the season - Darren Barnard The veteran full back joined for a nominal fee and was, in my opinion, the most important player for us. He chipped in with some vital goals and also did his bit in defence. He was also my assistant manager.

A great season in which we dominated the league up until the final months of the season where we dropped into the play off positions. The cups were less than impressive we got to the second round of the FA trophy and the FA Cup 4th qualifying round. We had a great start to the season winning 4-0 and 2-0, and also went on to pick up great results mid season winning one game 5-1 and another 4-0. Possibly one of the games of the season was a home game against Blyth which ended 4-4.

I brought in some crucial loan players, Danny Mitchley, Jason Lowe and Callum O'Connor, who all played an important part In our promotion. Stefan Moore, Michael D'Agostino, Simon Heslop, Greg Hartley and Lewis Nightingale were other important signings.

The Play Offs

We met Southport in the Semis and won away 2-0, thanks to goals from Suhaj and Hogg. And held them 1-1 at home, thanks to a Suhaj goal.

Workington were our opposition in the final, a 3-2 thriller at The Racescourse Ground. Claus Jorgensen, An own goal and a Danny Mitchley goal sent us to the Blue Square Premier.

Season 2 - The First half

The season started well after we picked up some great wins, away at Oxford and at home to York, but then we started to drop points and slowly slid down the table until we ended up 18th. I lost the passion to manage a team with such great potential underachieve and on the 28th December I handed in my resignation.

Just a day later, Brighton came in and offered me a job, which I accepted. I couldn't believe my luck, a Coastal club and a team from League 1, however, they were struggling and were 20th when I took charge. A mini revival thanks to new signing Rasiak catapulted us up the table to 12th place and only 6 points of the play offs. However, a run of 6 matches with only 2 points picked up saw us drop back down to 18th. There was a lack of harmony in the squad, every single player was unhappy and just 2 and a half months after taking charge I resigned.

Season 2 - Second Half

I was only unemployed for a week before Newport County offered me a job, which I accepted. The club were sitting 21st in the league and things were looking bad. However, one or two signing and several months later and the club ended in a mid table position. I knew it would be a struggle next season but I felt at home at Newport and extended my contract. Hopefully next season would bring me joy like I had in my first season. The second season of my career was one to forget, apart from my time at Newport which would open up a new chapter to my career.

Season 3 - The first few months

I made some key signings in pre-season, David Prutton, probably the most notable. We also had an excellent pre-season, holding Newcastle and beating Tranmere. However, only 2 months into the new season and we found ourselves 21st in the league and playing absolute dire football.

Once again in my eventful career I handed in my resignation.

Second half season of season 3

On the 14th December I agreed terms to become the new manager of Dover Athletic, who were sitting in 13th place in the BSS.

Several months, signings and wins later and we were in the Play-off semi finals, against no other team but Newport County. :D

The away leg we played well, and held them up until the last few minutes. They did however win 1-0 thanks to a last minute goal.

The home(2nd) leg was our worst performance since I took charge of the club, we lost 5-2, and were outplayed until the last 10 minutes.

My time at Dover had been a success, mid-table obscurity to a place in the play-offs and I was getting the squad ready for the new season when relegated Bury offered my a contract.

I couldn't reject and accepted despite me moving in land for the first time in my career.

Archived