[FM10] Walking the Unknown Path of Football Managers

sebbie

Well I normally start my FM games playing as Arsenal. But after always Suceeding as them i have decided to try a different way.

Instead of choosing a Team, I have start unemployed and set to Automatic of my experince.

The idea is to have a Career as a manager working my way to the Top and trying to manager different clubs and in different leagues and trying to be successful, this first time i have tried this so hoping i can be success. Wish me luck.

I have all leagues select to View at least and the following Nation as playable

Argentina

Belguim

Brazil

England

France

Germany

Greece

Holland

Italy

Portugal

Romania

Russia

Scotland

Spain

Sweden

Turkey

USA

I Set myself on Holiday and to apply for jobs, with it set to come back when offered a job.

I did apply for Plymouth and Scotland but was turned down. I eventually got offered job my Club called Gunnilse IS who play in Sweden Second Division West Gotaland.

I have no exprience of the Swedish leagues or teams, so this is a challenge, so I signed a Contract till November 09 so only a few games to try and improve the team and then see what options I will have after that. This is when the league finishes.

Right the team were in Sixth and the Board wants a top half finish and the league has 12 teams, so currently the club on target for top half finish. As all the players are unknown to me and I'm not sure on strength of players I be able to sign, I have decided to work with players I have at the club already. Just changed the training regime and Tactics.

First game we Won 1-0, then next game losed 1-0, then after that i decided to change the Tactics to one i had created from my Arsenal game we won 4-0 at Home then played away to the team topping the table and draw 1-1 and then finally we then draw 2-2, so after moving up to 5th we have drop back to 6th. Team doing well and couple seem to be finding this tactic suits them.

Well only 5 games left of season will do an update of how i finish the season and whats next on my Unknow Managing Career.

Well i have now Finished the season this team and managed to get them up to 5th.

With a record of played 10 W 4 D 4 L 2 Scoring 14 and Conceding 7. So not bad start to my Career. Now looking to arrange Friendly and keep eye out for other Jobs.

After just over a month unempolyed and applying for Jobs including Newcastle and AC Milan, i finally got offered the job of managin Sherwsbury Town.

The date is 19th Nov 2009 they are Currently sitting in league 2 in 14th place having played 16 won 6 d 3 lose 7 and scoring 21 and conceded 17. So bit of work to do one thinks.

Well one of the oldest squads in league and poor fittest. There is a bit of work need to be done. With just a month before transfer window to go.

Archived