Can you spot the real talent? - An Agents Sign Up 2

Will you be a moneybags milionaire or a penniless pauper?

This is the second version of a sign up started last year by corinthiano so all credit goes to him and Bermy for the original idea. Here is the orignal thread which I highly recommend you read.

This is how it works:

Every couple of years I will pick a top league from a country and you will get to pick one club for you to "scout". The picking order will be based on the standings of the sign-up i.e. the last person will go first and so on. This is to create an even field and in the first pick the it will be in order of sign up.

I will then post screenshots of all youth players promoted and you will get the chance to pick one to sign up for you.

From then on your greedy soul just needs to hope that that kid is succesful and earns a lot of money, as you you will be making a living out of it :D

20% of your players wages, appearance fess, goal and assist bonuses will go to your pocket, as will 10% of all transfers your player is involved in. As a bonus you will get half a months worth of wages for every international appearance. Please post 3IAR with your sign-up as proof of reading the rules. And as an added incentive if your player becomes captain of his international team you will get 10% percent of your original total extra for that month. e.g if you were on £100,000 and your player became captain you would then have £110,000 plus all the wages etc.

Please only sign up for this if you will be able to post regularly, as it is vital for this sign up. I also need all participants to let me know when they wont be around so that I can work around it in terms of picking players.

All I need from you is a name and a nationality. Your nationality will mean you will be able to get coach reports for two players when that nation (or the nation of the nearest proximity) is being 'scouted'. You will also be able to use the coach reports at one other instant. There are 14 leagues involved all in different continents and levels.

When I set a deadline I expect people to be able to post until then. I will always give people at least 3 days to make decisions, so failure to do so will result in me picking a club/player at random for you. If you miss out on two consecutive decisions I will have to remove you from the sign up. This is to avoid me having to pick random clubs all the time!

The Sign Up Sheet

1. Reserved for PluckaDuck

2. PaulHartman71

3. joetheref

4. Demon4

5. canvey!!

6. HarryS

7. Greasy Chip Butty

8. weeman27bob

9. cardiovascular

10. psg9hoarau

11. Lower Leagues Rule

12. Northern Lights

Reserve List:

1. NeoAC

2. WestHamJosh

3. DanGLiverpool

4. pnefc22

5. iavacone

No more reserves until another space opens (if it does) sorry

I have made any mistakes please let me know. Good luck. :)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Username: canvey!!

Agent Name: Xavier Cupide

Agent Nationality: French

The agent's name fits in with my general dislike of agents. This was a cracking sign-up last time, good luck with it :thup:. I know I will be awful at choosing players though!

3IAR - almost forgot that. It's stolen from the WvR thread is it not?

Username: HarryS

Agent Name: Halo Von Stronburg

Agent Nationality: Dutch

All I need from you is a name and a nationality. Your nationality will mean you will be able to get coach reports for two players when that nation (or the nation of the nearest proximity) is being 'scouted'. Please post the line. You will also be able to use the coach reports at one other instant. There are 14 leagues involved all in different continents and levels.

3IAR

Username - PaulHartman71

Agent Name - Jeremy English

Agent Nationality - English

3IAR

By 'post the line' I wasn't sure whether you meant copy and pasting the said line, or re-post the user sign up line of people who had already signed up?

Repeating what I said in the ideas thread, was great last year so if this is half as good it will be a great sign up.

Username - LowerLeagues Rule

Agent Name - Captain Sinisia Matic

Agent Nationality - Bosnian

3IAR

The Line ;)

I love the look of this, and a good crowd wanting to be involved. Believe that leaves one more slot before the reserves start filling :)

I was going to put something else but totally forgot to change and it is stolen from the WvR thread as again I coudn't think of anything else to put. 1 more spot till reserves.

Just waiting for PluckaDuck to put up his information then we can get the ball rolling! I will randomly pick the order of the first pick of teams but just to let you all know we will be starting in ENGLAND!! The Premier league is the richest and arguably the best league in the world so where better to start raking in the cash? But the issue of english players come through academies and not being played is a hot one so, will any of your players change all that? Use this opportunity to think of which team you may want to choose.

Do you want to get a player from the best and biggest clubs, or go for a lower club where the prospect will have a better chance of playing time?? The choice is yours...

A helper to get you thinking more about which club to choose but do bear in mind that you may have to settle for 12th choice but no need to post teams until all details are in. :) (Media Prediction in brackets)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------    
 Arsenal (3rd)                          Top Training Facilities          Excellent Youth Facilities + Youth  Academy
 Aston Villa (7th)                      Top Training Facilities          Excellent Youth Facilities + Youth  Academy
 Birmingham (15th)                      Good Training Facilities         Average Youth Facilities + Youth Academy  
 Blackburn (12th)                       Top Training Facilities          Good Youth Facilities + Youth  Academy
 Bristol City (18th)                    Good Training Facilities         Good Youth Facilities + Youth  Academy
 Burnley (19th)                         Good Training Facilities         Average Youth Facilities
 Chelsea (2nd)                          Top Training Facilities          Good Youth Facilities + Youth Academy
 Everton (8th)                          Good Training Facilities         Good Youth Facilities + Youth  Academy
 Fulham (11th)                          Top Training Facilities          Good Youth Facilities + Youth Academy
 Liverpool (5th)                        Top Training Facilities          Excellent Youth Facilities + Youth  Academy
 Man City (1st)                         Top Training Facilities          Good Youth Facilities + Youth  Academy
 Man Utd (4th)                          Top Training Facilities          State Of The Art Youth Facilities + Youth  Academy
 Middlesbrough (13th)                   Top Training Facilities          Excellent Youth Facilities + Youth  Academy
 Stoke (17th)                           Good Training Facilities         Average Youth Facilities + Youth  Academy
 Sunderland (9th)                       Top Training Facilities          Good Youth Facilities + Youth  Academy
 Tottenham (6th)                        Good Training Facilities         Excellent Youth Facilities + Youth  Academy
 West Brom (16th)                       Good Training Facilities         Good Youth Facilities + Youth  Academy
 West Ham (14th)                        Good Training Facilities         Excellent Youth Facilities + Youth Facilities
 Wigan (10th)                           Average Training Facilities      Good Youth Facilities
 Wolves (20th)                          Top Training Facilities          Excellent Youth Facilities + Youth  Academy

No Bolton :(

They were going to be my ticket through this round.

No they finished 18th with Pompey 19th and Hull bottom.

All three promoted sides stayed up but are oddly predicted to go down this time round :S

Draw to find out the order of picks within the next 10 - 15 but I won't be needing lists till tomorrow so gives you all time to think long and hard about where your career will start.

Ok so here is the order of picks:

1. Damiano Waymoutho (Demon4)

2. Chip Butty (Greasy Chip Butty)

3. Joe Tompkins (joetheref)

4. Fabio Veneto (psg9hoarau)

5. Sir Weeman (weeman27bob)

6. Sinisa Matic (Lower Leagues Rule)

7. Matt James (cardivascular)

8. Tyler Burrows (PluckaDuck)

9. Jeremy English (PaulHartman71)

10. Xavier Cupide (canvey!!)

11. Halo Von Stronborg (HarryS)

12. Dod Dryer (Northern Lights)

So basically when you list your team in order of preference I only need one team from Demon4 and 2 fromGreasy Chip Butty all the way to 12 from Nothern Light

N.B LLR did you want your agents name to be as above or as in your sign-up sheet as i remember reading a post expressing some want like that but I may be mistaken. Was he your captain at Fafe or something similar?

N.B LLR did you want your agents name to be as above or as in your sign-up sheet as i remember reading a post expressing some want like that but I may be mistaken. (was he your captain at Fafe or something?

He was my captain at Fafe, Nah just Sinisia Matic is fine :)

My six picks will be:

1st: Arsenal

2nd: Aston Villa

3rd: Wolves

4th: Middlesbourough

5th: Liverpool

6th: West Ham

Will be happy with any of those so lets get into it. :)

I have chosen my 9 picks, I probably 'over thought' it and should have just gone with the top 4 and then the Europa Cup teams like Spurs and Liverpool.

1. Wolves

2. Everton

3. West Ham

4. Middlesbrough

5. Aston Villa

5. Blackburn

6. Fulham

7. Sunderland

8. Arsenal

9. Manchester United

Can I be 4th reserve please (unlikely I know but it was such a great sign up last time, I want any chance I can get to get in it :D)?

Good luck with this btw :thup: ....an almost impossible standard to live up to!

Happy with the result today?

Can I be 4th reserve please (unlikely I know but it was such a great sign up last time, I want any chance I can get to get in it :D)?

Good luck with this btw :thup: ....an almost impossible standard to live up to!

Sure thing and I know I won't be able to live up to the standard but i can try to do it justice

Archived