The Manchester United Thread 2007/08 - Home of the Champions

Nick OGS20

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Mika:

It's frustrating because although saying that we're out of the title race etc etc would be a huge overreaction, psychologically this puts us right on the back foot already and leaves us playing catch up which is just not what we needed. The hallmark of our season last year was making that great start and it is a shame that we haven't been able to replicate that.

still too early to say that though really. i mean if we win our next six games or so suddenly the start to the season looks like a good one again...

Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

It's frustrating because although saying that we're out of the title race etc etc would be a huge overreaction, psychologically this puts us right on the back foot already and leaves us playing catch up which is just not what we needed. The hallmark of our season last year was making that great start and it is a shame that we haven't been able to replicate that.

still too early to say that though really. i mean if we win our next six games or so suddenly the start to the season looks like a good one again... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you win your next 36 in a row it's pretty good too. any other non sequiturs you want to drop?

I caught the end of the report on sky where it mentioned a headbutt, who is alleged to have done a headbut?

I still think Man Utd will win the title although Chelsea look better now they have gone for a more attacking approach. I think Sunday is going to be one of the most important of the season because United could be in touching ditance with the leaders if they win and Liverpool beat Chelsea but if Man City win and Chelsea beat Liverpool you wonder if United will be disheartened being 7 points behind the leaders and 7 points is a healthy lead even if there are another 35 games to go.

Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

still too early to say that though really. i mean if we win our next six games or so suddenly the start to the season looks like a good one again... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you win your next 36 in a row it's pretty good too. any other non sequiturs you want to drop? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if we finish the season with more points than you, we'll finish above you in the table?

oh... wait... no 'if' needed for that one. icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by ajw2255:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nathan mufc fan:

I think it's a good thing we've played these 2 tough away games and got somthing out of both. We struggled in them last year and was always going to struggle again.

reading was at home... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh. icon_frown.gif

Well it's only been 2 games there's still plenty of time left.

Good game lads

You need a Brown replacement pretty damn quick, Carrick and Schole play pretty patterns but neither offer protection so it should be Hargreaves + one of them.

I dont think you can play Nani and CR together, I dont think it works alongside Tevez/Rooney

But a point gained for us so thanks icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Irish:

Didn't we draw 1-1 at home to reading last season? With neville giving away the penalty.

Lost 2-1 away to portsmouth too.

So on a positive note we're 1 point better off from the corresponding fixtures last season icon_smile.gif

That was away, we beat them 3-2 at OT.

Originally posted by Sheer Class:

Good game lads

You need a Brown replacement pretty damn quick, Carrick and Schole play pretty patterns but neither offer protection so it should be Hargreaves + one of them.

I dont think you can play Nani and CR together, I dont think it works alongside Tevez/Rooney

Hmm I disagree with almost all of your points, but wp anyway.

You bastards.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Irish:

Didn't we draw 1-1 at home to reading last season? With neville giving away the penalty.

So on a positive note we're 1 point better off from the corresponding fixtures last season icon_smile.gif

That was away, we beat them 3-2 at OT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good call. tbh I had momentarily forgotten how home result against em last year.

Now I remember, wasn't that the one with the Silvestre c*ck up at the end

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Irish:

That was away, we beat them 3-2 at OT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I half thought that, I just wanted to find a positive icon_frown.gif O well...

Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheer Class:

Good game lads

You bastards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, just got to try and take points off Chelsea now, something we havent doen whilst Jose has been there

Originally posted by Sheer Class:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheer Class:

Good game lads

You bastards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, just got to try and take points off Chelsea now, something we havent doen whilst Jose has been there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would be highly appreciative of that. Please do.

quite concievable that you could lose the title in the first 3 games, obviously getting way ahead of myself but Chelsea could be 6 points clear. Obviously you have home banker against us but still I would start to worry if I was ManU fan because if you don't win on Saturday.

Oh I know Tottenham are ****, small club etc.

Archived