"Come on you Whites!"- Bolton Wanderers thread

ypresfr

I play Vaz up front normally. If i have a crisis i play him on the wing. Him and Braaten have struck up a partnership and i'm hoping that their values will start rising soon, mainly so that i can sell them on for a good profit. I set him with the striker tactic from the dropdown menue, and a few tweaks depending on the opposition.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im considering playing with bolton as i want another game as well oxford one and the people in this thread i know are helpful icon14.gif what season are you currently all in and do you find it enjoyable? cheerz!

Hey guys, sorry I've not updated much my internets been messing me around. icon_mad.gif

I'll post a proper 1st season review tomorrow, too tired atm.

jesse, I know its a bit late mate but sure I find it enjoyable, not only cos I'm a Bolton fan ofc, but because its really hard but with 1 good signing (a striker) you're right up there! I'm very flattered by the 'helpful people' comment btw. icon_wink.gificon_smile.gif

YesYes, haha that might have been a reason... icon_wink.gif

apy, great to have you back mate: good luck and enjoy! icon_smile.gificon14.gif

i resigned as bolton now- saved as a differnet file BUT accedentaly deleted tht save thinking it was a different 1 :S

so now with barca- LETS DO THIS

(apart from keegan- now managing bolton took yaya from me)

oh and he got fired so juande ramos has taken over and my immense table topping side:

11th! icon_redface.gif

Happy and sad at the same time!

Here is, as promised, my season 1 review. (Not many screenies I'm afraid as I'm now well into season 2).

And what a season for the Whites! icon_biggrin.gif

endseason1mf2.jpg

Stuck it to the Mancs good and proper! icon_biggrin.gif

League Cup: Winners vs Portsmouth (6-2)

FA Cup: 4th round vs Portsmouth (1-2)

Just to top it off:

UEFA Cup: WINNERS! vs Palermo 2-0 (Nolan, Fazio)

Key player stats

Goals

Robert (51)

Federico Fazio (24)

Matt Taylor (15)

Assists

El-Hadji Diouf (28)

Matt Taylor (24)

Anduele Pryor (10)

Average Rating

Robert (7.72)

Federico Fazio (7.53)

Matt Taylor (7.37)

Now into February of season 2 and after a massive cash windfall from the successes of last season and selling Dioufy to Arsenal (£25 mill after clauses) this is my line-up now:

GK: Jussi/Wiese

DR: Steinsson/Behrami

DL: Pander/Kleber

DC: Cahill/Bellaid

DC: Fazio/Vidal

DM: Palombo/Kehl

MCf: Jimenez/Nolan

MCb: Zapater/Sankharé

AMR: Arshavin/Zarate

AML: M Fernandez/Taylor/Aquino

FC: Robert/Podolski/Miccoli

Currently 2nd behind Chelski, but with a game in hand. I guess youth will be what is brought in in the summer, everythings looking great. icon_smile.gificon14.gif

wow great job, i've just finished came 8th lol

didnt sign anyone so guess its not too bad

fazio's a beast lol, great first season mate

who does robert play for, is he the brazilian who plays in saudi arabia on the first patch?

Finally completed my first season. Bit miffed at my final league position of 7th. Lost 1-0 away at Everton where i could have gone 6th. If this would have happened and i beat United in the final game of the season i would have been 5th.

Lookign at employing kimz tactic next season as it worked wonders for me towards the end of the season, meaning that a major squad revamp is gonna take place.

Any ideas for a good backup keeper for Jussi?

How much did ou pay for Aguero mate? Fantastic signing! icon_eek.gif

He might have already been snapped up but Tim Wiese is very capable and available on a free at the end of season 1. Other than him, there are the usual Vincent Enyeama and the like.

Here it is then...

endseason2lm3.jpg

It went down to the final day, but even tho we won 2-1 at Everton, Chelsea won at Blackburn as well, so it wasn't to be: hold the champagne til next year then.

FA Cup

boltonwinfacupbolton30est4.jpg

League Cup: Semi Final (lost on pens vs Man City).

Champions League: Quarter Final (lost 5-4 on aggregate vs Inter Milan)

Here is the squad:

endseason2ux0.jpg

Anywhere you think I can improve for next season?

not sure mate, the team looks very capable

u do have many players you are not using so id sell them first (pryor etc)

and then look at transfers, personally i would sell zarate as he is wanted and u dont really use him

the team looks great mate, could perhaps sign a real world class centre back

Thanks mate, I sold Cahill in January and brought in Kaboul and Andreasen to play alongside Fazio but Kaboul has been injured for a lot of ther time so Andreasen has played there and done well. I understand why you say a new DC but I think I'll stick with what I've got for the moment. Kehl has been moaning a lot so I think I'll get rid of him as well as Pryor. I might sell Zarate cos Aquino can be the backup on the right wing and Helder Barbosa can step up from the reserves and be backup AML.

Thanks for the input mate, much appreciated. icon_smile.gif

Not so bad. 9th in the league with a game in hand so looking for that to help me climb up the table. I figured that Davo and Helguson may not cut it for much monger so invested in Guilherme, brought Park and Kuszczak from the scum for a slight bit of depth. I still have around 10m left for transfers so i'm looking for a new right back with lots of pace.

Any suggestions?

Steinsson is pretty fast tbh, but other fast DRs include Valon Behrami (may need to add clauses to get him for under your budget), Ilsinho has great all round stats but never seems to get mentioned much, also Nelson from Benfica, Huysev from Dinamo Kiev and Nedum Onouha.

My pick is Ilsinho tho.

I'd also suggest Ilsinho

but may i ask you guys opinions on claudio marchisio and tomasso vailatti on the new patch

they were good on the first patch icon_smile.gif

I've just signed robert icon_smile.gif

Marchisio is still extremely good, def sign him if you can.

Vailatti has been toned down a lot and now is still pretty good technically, and fine if you want some backup, but not good enough to start imo, also look at cheaper options like Pryor and Mota from Seongnam.

Robert should be a great signing: nice one! icon_smile.gif

thanks icon_biggrin.gif, ill try and get him, marchisio was one of my personal favourite players on the first version. Shame about vailatti but i guess its just as he hasn't really done too much this season tbh. If how robert does for you is anything to go by mate, he'll be amazing. Around how much would fazio set me back?

Well, in the second season he signed a new contract with Sevilla with a low release clause, so I paid that, and had him on loan 1st season, he'd be quite pricey to by I would think, but I can't tell you an exact figure mate, sorry.

Hey DirtyJoe, nice to have you back!

See if you can get Robert from Monterrey, worked amazing for me first season or Dagoberto did pretty well on my first Bolton save on 8.0.2.

Looking forward to the update mate. icon_smile.gif

Here are my season 3 transfers:

season3pe2.jpg

The outs missed off are Al-Habsi, Bogdan and Dzemaili (all free) and Zarate to Birmingham for £6.5 million.

Fabianski, I thought Wiese was leaving so I bought him (transfer listed at Arsenal) for 2nd choice, bu the Wiese deal fell through so now I've got three good keepes plus Scribe and Corradini in he reserves.

Maduro, in to replace Kehl, deal was actually £2 mill up front and £4 mill over 24 months so its not as bad as it looks.

Walcott, I love having supersubs on the bench and Theo is the ultimate, devastatingly quick, and English too.

Barry, trying to instill some more English into the squad with a player I've never actually had on FM08, will be second choice for the MCbarrow position after Zapater with Sankharé waiting in the wings when Gareth gets too old.

van Persie, a make or break signing, using up most of our transfer budget but he is superb and the early signs are promising...

Veloso, needed a fabulous DM to replace Palombo and Veloso is certainly that.

Warnock, after his England cap the other night I thought I'd rescue him from the hell-hole that is Blackburn. Will be backup for Pander.

GK: Jussi/Wiese/Fabianski

DR: Behrami/Steinsson

DL: Pander/Warnock

DC: Fazio/Andreasen/Nordtveit

DC: Vidal/Kaboul/Nordtveit

DM: Veloso/Maduro

MCf: Jimenez/Nolan

MCb: Zapater/Barry/Sankharé

AMR: van Persie/Arshavin/Walcott

AML: M Fernandez/Taylor/Aquino

FC: Robert/Podolski/Miccoli

side looks great now mate, lets hope you can take it that step further. Also veloso will be an inspired signing in my opinion, as he could also be the world class centre back too. But some great buys but also some amazing sells too, as polombo has never been great for me so thats an ok return on him mate. Great job. I signed marchisio by the way, am now looking at a centre back. Loaned at Cahais, dont see him as ready. Any suggestions, I have 7m to spend?

apy, if you're still in second season some of these may not be interested but no harm in looking:

Arturo Vidal

Federico Fazio

Habib Bellaid

Miguel Riffo

Younes Kaboul

Dmytro Chygrynskyi

Christopher Samba

Hans Martinez

Paolo Hernan Dellafiore

John Mensah

Matthieu Delpierre

Felipe (Udinese)

Martin Skrtel

Hector Moreno

Marek Suchy

Kiril Pavlyuchek

megson icon_wink.gif, yeah not a bad group tbh, you should be able to qualify.

Right then!

After leaving Bolton with 7 Cups and 1 League Title, I decided to leave for a new challenge, lasting at Sweeden for 6 months before moving to Barcelona for 2 seasons. I then went onto England winning Euro 2016 in Scotland/ Wales.

HOWEVER: When NewGens come in I do not know any players and so I am now loosing interest as I do not know anyone.

SO: I am going to start a new Bolton file and try to recreate my glory from my previos save!

right then in the first window my transfers were:

OUT

Diouf

Samuel

Sinclair

Jamieson

IN

H. Larsson

Assulin

Forster (Nxt Season)

Santana (Elche for 2 years)

Olazabal (Reccomended by Assulin)

Hines

Im 5th with wins over Fulham, Derby, Newcastle

Draw against West Ham

Lost against Villa

Got Reading in 3rd round of league cup

And Debrecen in EURO 1st round

• 2 weeks later...

Right, need a bit of help on the old transfer front.

First of all, sonce my last post and am proudly sitting top of the league, my main strikers are Jozy Altidore, Guilherme and Bogdan Stancu. I have Vaz and Braaten in the squad but tend not to use them anymore.

Anyhow, Altidore- bought for 200k during the first season, now in the third (january transfer window) and Gartside has managed to accept a bid of 20m for my star striker Altidore. At 20 years of age, he has scored 23 goals in 16 appearances, is my top goalscorer and scored 6 against Chelsea in the Community Shield. The same as irl, all Gartside seems to care about is money.

Anyone got any ideas on who could replace Altidore, young or old. Btw i only have the 20m coming in if the board decide to allocate it to me.

Quick reply if possible.

Cheers.

Archived