Need some explanation about fans' transfer opinion

I have something a bit strange going on in my game with the opinion of my club's (Valencia) fans in regards to a certain transfer I've made. I bought Artem Milevskyi (everyone knows of him) in the first winter transfer. He goes on and scores a hat-trick on his debut, and then continues to score at least one goal per game for the next 6 games. However, when I go to look at my fans' confidence in the various transfer dealings, I see that they are disappointed with me in signing Milveskyi. I don't understand this. The guy is basically on fire right from the very start and they are disappointed, makes no sense. Is this a bug of sorts?

I have something a bit strange going on in my game with the opinion of my club's (Valencia) fans in regards to a certain transfer I've made. I bought Artem Milevskyi (everyone knows of him) in the first winter transfer. He goes on and scores a hat-trick on his debut, and then continues to score at least one goal per game for the next 6 games. However, when I go to look at my fans' confidence in the various transfer dealings, I see that they are disappointed with me in signing Milveskyi. I don't understand this. The guy is basically on fire right from the very start and they are disappointed, makes no sense. Is this a bug of sorts?

I dont :(

Anyway the fan confidence seems out, i sold a reserve player to my under 19;s subsitutes who went on to make a glittering career with some lower league team, and they said it was a terrible sale. I stand by desisions

However unsure of a player you may feel when he arrives, a debut hattrick tends to win fans in real life over immediately. Add in a goal a game for a few more matches and every other shirt would bear his name.

Doesn't matter who he is or where he comes from. If Arsenal signed Jermaine Defoe tomorrow and he had a record like that, we'd all love him within a few weeks. Probably after the first game even.

10+ goals in 6 games is the sort of start that should prompt an early addition to the club favourites section. It should certainly be a 100% signing.

Fans confidence in the market is way off. At least they don't hate all and any youth signings now, but I bought Upson in for 10.5 mil in the first season, got a good year out of him but saw his stats dropping, so sold him on for 8.5 that summer in order to help finance the purchase of Chiellini. Fans should have looked at that as me buying Matty as a stopgap, then letting him go at a small loss while bringing in one of the world's best. Instead they were horrified I'd let him go.

If we let Gallas go this summer to help fund Chiellini I certainly won't be horrified! :-p

I bought Artem Milevskyi (everyone knows of him)

Who?

In FM though, he is a legend.

Is he?

Anyways, you should report this as a bug maybe, unless of course when you signed him he said something bad about the club like 'i'm going to show them how to play real football' or 'i want to be the centre of attention'.

arent the fans transfer opinion largely based on the match ratings? that could be your problem

a few years ago, scoring a goal would put your match rating up to 8, but not in the recent games.

check his form. we can all tell he is doing great, but fm doesnt have a human brain to help it analyze things

arent the fans transfer opinion largely based on the match ratings? that could be your problem

a few years ago, scoring a goal would put your match rating up to 8, but not in the recent games.

check his form. we can all tell he is doing great, but fm doesnt have a human brain to help it analyze things

It's not a match rating problem. As I said in my first post, the fans were disappointed even after Milevskyi scored a hat-trick on his debut and then continued to score at least 1 goal per game for the next 6 games. His average rating was pretty high, trust me.

Archived