The OFFICIAL patch 10.2 thread! - Can we keep all feedback in here, cheers!

first of all great news on the new patch.but i started a new game and its freezes during the first friendly match.ive tried it about 4 times now and same ting..the last patch definately cut down all my freezes and very rarely did it freeze but now i cant even get past d first match with this new patch..has anyone else had this problem.

cheers

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont think 92% is the end of the world, if you are playing 2 matches a week, tbh. In fact I think its realistic.

I remember Ray ( Houghton ) telling us that when he was a player, as the season went on, more players would be carrying knocks etc but just getting on with it.

All I'm really saying is that centre-backs shouldn't drop at the same rate and end up on the same condition as a box-to-box midfielder, seeing as they run less. It's never been the case in FM in the past

All I'm really saying is that centre-backs shouldn't drop at the same rate and end up on the same condition as a box-to-box midfielder, seeing as they run less. It's never been the case in FM in the past

They don't, unless they're being asked to do a lot of closing down, playing a very physical game, or having to run around after attacking players.

If you're the dominant side, your DCs won't generally get as tired as MCs unless they're having to do high amounts of covering or playing further up and supporting attacks in a more fluid system.

They don't, unless they're being asked to do a lot of closing down, playing a very physical game, or having to run around after attacking players.

If you're the dominant side, your DCs won't generally get as tired as MCs unless they're having to do high amounts of covering or playing further up and supporting attacks in a more fluid system.

In that case, why when I'm playing as Hull against Chelsea do their CB's end up on basically the same condition as mine and their own midfielders?

The same thing happens to the AI no matter what team I play against, Portsmouth, Wigan, Man City, whoever.

In that case, why when I'm playing as Hull against Chelsea do their CB's end up on basically the same condition as mine and their own midfielders?

The same thing happens to the AI no matter what team I play against, Portsmouth, Wigan, Man City, whoever.

Chelsea's DCs? Maybe your strikers are being physical or maybe their DCs are pressing higher up so as to prevent you from attacking, and/or then having to run to get back in to position or prevent counter attacks. Maybe they're joining attacks? Maybe they're injured?

Condition isn't just about tiredness.

Chelsea's DCs? Maybe your strikers are being physical or maybe their DCs are pressing higher up so as to prevent you from attacking, and/or then having to run to get back in to position or prevent counter attacks. Maybe they're joining attacks? Maybe they're injured?

Condition isn't just about tiredness.

I know what I am seeing with my own eyes dude. Chelsea's defence and team is all on 100% at the start, no-one takes any knocks, yet John Terry and Carvalho end up on the same condition at the end as Lampard and Essien, who are obviously covering a lot more ground than JT & Carvalho.

Just a quick question, is anyone else noticing a real slow-down when checking the profiles of youth players? When I click on a senior player in my squad, I get his profile very quickly - but do the same for someone on a youth contract and things take a fair bit of time.

This is a new game started with the 10.2 patch, so I'm only at the stage of checking to see what Welling have got hidden in their reserves ;)

edit: another quick question if I may to the devs - I noticed that you say you've optimised shaders. Would that mean it's worth me trying the latest Radeon drivers to see whether the 'black pitch' bug in the 3d match view is still present or not?

I know what I am seeing with my own eyes dude. Chelsea's defence and team is all on 100% at the start, no-one takes any knocks, yet John Terry and Carvalho end up on the same condition at the end as Lampard and Essien, who are obviously covering a lot more ground than JT & Carvalho.

How much ground are they actually covering then?

Remember Chelsea play with DL/DR as essentially wingbacks and so the DCs often have a greater role to play. If they're that dominant Essien and Lampard may not have to do that much running either, as they won't have the need to be going from box to box and instead remaining in the opposition half.

I think a big contributing factor could be the stamina (of essien in particular).

What are the stamina stats of all 4 aforementioned players?

Not got FM to hand or I would check myself.:thup:

It seems the xml limit issue not fixed with this patch... I choose all smallest changed leagues xml's (I check the changes my selection varies 0 changes to 1000 change as much) but it still gave array access out of bounds at some point in processing between after xml selection to start new game screen... As I want adding every customized countries... in my game as playable or at least selectable in league selection screen...

It's the same whatever team I'm playing against though, from Stoke to Man Utd, from Burnley to Arsenal. You can't make excuses like that for it happening in EVERY match.

How much ground are they actually covering then?

Remember Chelsea play with DL/DR as essentially wingbacks and so the DCs often have a greater role to play. If they're that dominant Essien and Lampard may not have to do that much running either, as they won't have the need to be going from box to box and instead remaining in the opposition half.

I dont think 92% is the end of the world, if you are playing 2 matches a week, tbh. In fact I think its realistic.

I remember Ray ( Houghton ) telling us that when he was a player, as the season went on, more players would be carrying knocks etc but just getting on with it.

Paul I think you're spot on.

Personally I find the new condition system much more realistic.

There's now actually an incentive to sub players.

PLEASE DON'T TONE IT DOWN.

:D

• Administrators

Just played a game myself in 10.2 with my Newcastle side - midfielders ended up with around 75-80% conditioning, CB's were both on 86%+ - I would suggest that perhaps tactically you may not be working your midfield hard enough?

It's the same whatever team I'm playing against though, from Stoke to Man Utd, from Burnley to Arsenal. You can't make excuses like that for it happening in EVERY match.

See the previous posts. What ground are they actually covering and what's the stamina of the players involved? Someone like Essien can run around much more than Terry.

first of all great news on the new patch.but i started a new game and its freezes during the first friendly match.ive tried it about 4 times now and same ting..the last patch definately cut down all my freezes and very rarely did it freeze but now i cant even get past d first match with this new patch..has anyone else had this problem.

cheers

can anyone get back to me on this?im desperate to start playing the new patch!

Just played a game myself in 10.2 with my Newcastle side - midfielders ended up with around 75-80% conditioning, CB's were both on 86%+ - I would suggest that perhaps tactically you may not be working your midfield hard enough?

I've played about 14 odd games on this patch and the same has happened to me. The CB are only getting down to 82-83% condition, and these are 35+ year olds in the Brazilian Third Division so they have very low stamina compared to players at to clubs.

Any screenshots of this? My whole team and also the AI always ends up around the same condition, so it would be interesting to see this not happening to someone else.

I've played about 14 odd games on this patch and the same has happened to me. The CB are only getting down to 82-83% condition, and these are 35+ year olds in the Brazilian Third Division so they have very low stamina compared to players at to clubs.

:thup:

Even with an attacking formation (2 DCs, 2 WBs) and in the final game of the season, with my DCs Sakho and Esposito making their 37th and 52nd appearances of the season respectively, both ended on 80%+ :confused:

Having said that, in future I'll expect it to be lower (although not significantly) as only 1/3 of the season was on 10.2.

Any screenshots of this? My whole team and also the AI always ends up around the same condition, so it would be interesting to see this not happening to someone else.

Could you show the Physical attributes of some of the players you are having the problem with, like stamina of JT, Carvalho, Essien & Lampard as you stated earlier. I would be interested to see there stamina stats.

Is it possible to have the World Cup groups as they are in real life?
Unfortunately not as the game starts ( Summer 09 ) before the qualifying groups have been resolved.......

Okay but I realized that Algeria are put in pole postion to qualify from the group which was different before the patch when Egypt where. So the only problems with getting the teams right are Europe and South America/CONCACAF.

That was just an example in reply to another post, the same thing is happening with every AI team I play against.

Could you show the Physical attributes of some of the players you are having the problem with, like stamina of JT, Carvalho, Essien & Lampard as you stated earlier. I would be interested to see there stamina stats.

Hello All,

I just installed the new patch and I got really confused from some changes... I saw that CSKA ( Sofia ) already playing at stadium Lokomtiv in the city of Plovdiv. This is wrong - the team is still playing at Balgarska Armyia in the capital Sofia. 2nd - there are some people from the staff who are not real at all. Dimitar Borisov is owner together with Ivo Ivanov, there is a guy called Sukiyas in the board who is not real at all. Also a fitness coach named David Suarez is not known in Bulgaria... Could you please check and make the necessary changes for the next patch? Actually, the information in the previous patch was more correct than the new one. I don't know who gave you the information about some changes, but he is wrong.

Paul I think you're spot on.

Personally I find the new condition system much more realistic.

There's now actually an incentive to sub players.

PLEASE DON'T TONE IT DOWN.

:D

Totally agree :)

Modern football is a squad game especially with the cups and europe and you shouldn't be able to play the same team(if you have 2 games every week) all season and expect them to not be completely knackered all the time.

There's a reason why the big clubs rest players in the league cup and even in the PL before big CL games. :cool:

I like the new fitness condition. I think it makes it much more realistic. Just played my 1st game using 10.2 and my CB were about +5 fitness on my Mids. One question though, somebody mentioned about resting the players after every game for maybe a day. Is there an option to do this rather than having to go into each individual player and click on rest?

Well first off thanks to SI for the responses they have helped my despondency. I got so used to having all or the vast majority of the players at 100% that I forgot about RL and the toll a couple of matches a week can take on players.

Will need to look at tactics and use that rest button more often, maybe after each match give em a days' rest! (You fnd under the training menus)

As for the game, it appears that with the advent of stronger, better defenders the ability to score has diminished (for me that is). However, we should not lose sight of the fact that high scoring games seem to be on the up in RL games (last weeks premiership results for example).

Has anyone broken that cycle of low scores (again my own expereince) under this patch. I see that PC has presented what appears to be examples of a decent scoring history over a season so does this mean that all tactics need tweaking - just as I had learned to use the wizard:(

Anyway, thanks for the responses and looking forward to reading more insightful responses from the community.

k>>:)

anyone else noticed that when playing as 2 teams and they play against each other that when making a substitution on one team this disables making a substitution on the other team for the rest of the match? the tactics option and team instructions option also greyed out.

anyone else seen this bug? just happend in latest patch

A few ME issues been raised:

Condition - If you are finding its dropping faster in 10.2 you are going to have to adjust either your tactics, or your players. Also, remember that at half time and full time players will get an initial boost back. Anyone who is suffering lower condition is also liable to see an increase in injuries, so be aware of that. Its not been purposely made harsher btw, but some of the ME changes may ask more of certain players so you'll simply have to adapt.

No of goals - we actually ran tests on this using a new game, season 2009-10. Some examples:

England PL 2.62, Championship 2.83, L1 2.98, L2 2.72

Scotland Prem 2.75, SD1 3.04, SD2 2.76, SD3 2.84

Italy A 2.66, B 2.6

Spain Liga 2.71 Adelante 2.58

Champions League 2.6 Europa 2.97

Cheers,

Paul

This is one of the poorest replies I've ever seen from SI on here.

Re. Condition, you can't have it always, either you are saying that the condition aspect was correct/realistic before the patch, which I presume that you would stand by as it was not considered a problem before, or you are saying that it is realistic now.

"You'll simply have to adapt" smacks of oh dear we've accidentally broken the conditioning when fixing other ME issues, but we actually can't or won't fix it, so either fill your squad with uber-fit 22 year olds with 20 for stamina or if you've got a few old boys, they'll just have to stand around a bit so they don't wear themselves out.

Poor, very poor

re: Player conditions.

It's a little bit more realistic now as players get a little more tired from games than they were before which was quite unrealistic, players will recover fine for the next game but as stated if there's only a few days between games players will be a little more tired than if there's a whole week. Players with a condition of 85-95% will be able to play a full game without any ill effects. Players should be dropping to around 60% no matter where they play unless they have unusually high stamina/fitness levels.

I love this change, makes the game far more realistic, but it seems quite a big one to spring on people with no warning :-)

• SI Staff

Re. Condition, you can't have it always, either you are saying that the condition aspect was correct/realistic before the patch, which I presume that you would stand by as it was not considered a problem before, or you are saying that it is realistic now.

"You'll simply have to adapt" smacks of oh dear we've accidentally broken the conditioning when fixing other ME issues, but we actually can't or won't fix it, so either fill your squad with uber-fit 22 year olds with 20 for stamina or if you've got a few old boys, they'll just have to stand around a bit so they don't wear themselves out.

Poor, very poor

Nope, I dont think it was that bad in 10.1 at all, but I think its better, and more testing for you ( and the AI ) as a manager, in 10.2.

You dont have to agree, but I just want to clarify my own position :)

• SI Staff
I love this change, makes the game far more realistic, but it seems quite a big one to spring on people with no warning :-)

Well no-one complained in beta, so we didnt really give it more than a minute's thought in relation to this forum.

But then we should know by now, there will always be something that gets picked up on that we hadnt considered.

As I said whilst I can learn re training and tweaking my main complaint is that I cannot win for toffee now...fed up with restarting the game and testing various formations only to find that the opposition outsmart and outplay me ..:(

Is it only me?

K..:)

Why was the one-on-one bug still not assessed? Since I installed the patch I haven't scored from a single one-on-one goal, even with finishing+composure 20 players who have a preferred move of placing the shot. When the long shot bug was fixed (finally, been this way since 930 at least), goals now just come from crosses for me.

Also the game runs much slower for me now, when pressing continue I need to wait at least 5 minutes each time (!!!) when it was just a few seconds with quite a few leagues loaded before. Also when selecting a player in the tactics screen to give instructions to him, the game usually hangs up when clicking on "his arrow".

is there a fault with the game where it never remembers your previous selections when leaving a screen. Ive already reported that it doesnt remember which holiday mode you previously selected when you next go into it. And somebody else has reported that when you change your tactics and leave the screen, its not remembered next time you go back to it?

Could somebody from SI please clarify if this is indeed a problem and if its being fixed either for a mini patch or 10.3?

We added a feature that detects when you restart after losing a game and makes sure you lose again.

Maybe.

;)

LOL

What vote from 6 to 10 do you give to this patch ?

Now that this patch is out I will buy this evening the game for sure, via Steam.

Yahuu !

Poor, very poor

Very good point here.

If I recall correctly a similar thing happened with FM09. I beleive condition was dropping too low at the end of matches. This was rectified in a patch.

The precise opposite seems to have happened now.

Archived