FMS FM Thread - Traditional Play

Terk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terkleton, Xen (and possibly Offy) Gav has asked me to let you know he is playing football tonight. He intends to still play although the start time COULD be delayed. It is dependent on his transport arrangements to get home.

Ok so the deadline has now passed.

Host: gavrenwick

Players: salkster2102, viperk1, gavrenwick, Manxie Ash, Dalbeider, Elrithral, The-Perfect-Fm'er, Panpardus

Days and Times Available: Sunday anytime it seems though most likely in afternoon due to Panpardus's aussie time

Weekdays: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 6-8pm, 9pm-12am

Those are the most common times everyone has specified though more specific times can be set and negotiated. MSN seems have been decided as the program to use as our method of communication, so if you want to PM me your MSN addy or to another player then we can all decide on our first game time. If we can all be on for Sunday as that seems to be the common time we are available.

MSN Rules:

Since their is history with a couple of players with big arguments any altercation that causes disruption to the game can cause that person to be kicked from the clan. This will be decided by the whole group as to who will be kicked from the clan. If the whole group cannot reach a verdict then the final vote will be down to the host.

Game Rules:

1. The game will continue when at least 70% of the other players have continued.

2. Please try to refrain from attempting a tap up/unsettling of a Fm'ers players to achieve a transfer.

3. If you cannot make a game session, let the host know, so he can then take control of your team and holiday you through the period that is played.

4. All players must start with automatic reputation.

Just so you know I understand the rules and am really looking forward to this if it goes ahead!

People feel free to add me on MSN: ash2703@hotmail.co.uk

Take it Offy's still dead? Not that Chelsea need him right now.

I's Wilkins redeeming himself? With the quality team that I built for him, anything less than the big treble is unacceptable :p

Either that, or wins over all of you (especially Terky ;)) will do :D I'll be back soon boys, just try and push through while I'm not there, as hard as it must be ;)

Wilkins is storming the league this season. You're (I think) still ten points clear at the top of the table and you face me in the League Cup semi, so you'll be in the final before too much longer.

Xen really missed you, btw :(

Also Offy, Terk is your only FMS competition in the EPL presently. I had to go and rescue Celtic from Tony Mowbray but I'll head back (probably to City - assuming Benitez doesn't F it all up) soon enough.

Yeah, Celtic were 8th and Mikey couldn't resist. They briefly wished he had resisted as he took them to 11th, but now he's got them motoring and they're up to 2nd in hot pursuit of Rangers. Benitez currently has City in about 7th place, so he may well **** everything up for you, Mikey :D

I'm more worried about the personnel in my squad. I don't fancy returning to see any of my signings have been sold on. 7th would be ideal as it'd probably lower next season's board demands whilst retaining the frankly ridiculous amount of money that City call their transfer and wage budgets.

So just for fun while I'm sick, I fired up FM09, loaded up a bunch of lower leagues and set a new manager to automatic reputation to try to find a job. I am now six months into a holiday without a sniff. < sigh >

However, Liverpool have just sacked Benitez, with a record of 5-4-8 that has them 14th in the Premiership, three points out of the drop zone and even behind Newcastle < ducking >. They are 18 points adrift of Chelsea, which tops the table by two points with a match in hand.

EDIT: and just lost 3-0 at Goodison in their first match under new boss Javier Aguirre.

Carry on.

I have set it to apply for every open position. Lowest leagues in all the home nations plus Germany, France and Italy active. And it's getting really annoying. I'm now eight months into the save with no job yet.

You would think I'd get hired with seven different nations of lower leagues active after eight months. You would think, anyway.

I have set it to apply for every open position. Lowest leagues in all the home nations plus Germany, France and Italy active. And it's getting really annoying. I'm now eight months into the save with no job yet.

You would think I'd get hired with seven different nations of lower leagues active after eight months. You would think, anyway.

An unusual circumstance, to say the least.

The only question I have is what nationality you are in the game. If you are set to automatic and are American in the game, in my opinion, you would be unknown to practically every club you are applying for - so they would never hire you.

At a guess, your reputation is rock bottom.

An unusual circumstance, to say the least.

The only question I have is what nationality you are in the game. If you are set to automatic and are American in the game, in my opinion, you would be unknown to practically every club you are applying for - so they would never hire you.

At a guess, your reputation is rock bottom.

I am set for English with American as second nationality. Have holidayed almost the entire season with no job.

In short, the exact same national heritage as Winston Churchill.

I am set for English with American as second nationality. Have holidayed almost the entire season with no job.

In short, the exact same national heritage as Winston Churchill.

I'm going to experiment and see what I pull out of the hat. :)

I'm going to experiment and see what I pull out of the hat. :)

Well, if you don't use the wizard, you have the chance to enter a second nationality when you create your manager. But this is really beyond ridiculous. All I want to do is play the game I paid for.

Well, if you don't use the wizard, you have the chance to enter a second nationality when you create your manager. But this is really beyond ridiculous. All I want to do is play the game I paid for.

Did you click return from holiday when offered a job?

EDIT: I have literally just been offered a job the moment I went on holiday. Worcester offered me their job :p

Without trying to sound sarcastic, yes that did occur to me.

New manager is just as unsuccessful as the last one, and he is all English.

No sarcasm intended, I'm sure. You have to ask the obvious things to be able to garner potential clues.

However, given how easily I got offered a job on my game...I'm at a loss.

Part of me wants to erase the save and start another one. I can't imagine why this is happening, why the AI will not let me play the game. However, in the event the game runs out of regen managers and actually allows the human player to play, there's a story in this someplace.

Part of me wants to erase the save and start another one. I can't imagine why this is happening, why the AI will not let me play the game. However, in the event the game runs out of regen managers and actually allows the human player to play, there's a story in this someplace.

I'd say erase it, to be fair. Like you, I have no idea about why your game has decided not to offer you any jobs. I am willing to believe that if you restart the game, you'll be offered a job in a matter of days. :)

Is your rep set at automatic? If so you're set as a Sunday League playert and it could takes years for you to get a job and it's likely to be a newly promoted side in the lowest possible division. It's worth setting your rep a little higher and being picky about the jobs you're offered.

Archived