FMS FM Thread - Traditional Play

Terk

Times and Days Available: Mon-Fri: 6-8 PM, 9-12 PM (may stay later from time to time, but not as a general rule). Sat: 11 AM - 5/6 PM (varies, but I'm usually out on Saturday evenings). Sun: Anytime.

Preferred Communication Program: Eh, MSN just because I already have an account, but I'd have to install whatever we choose since I don't use any currently. Also, I don't own a mic :(.

Host Worthy (Specify what countries and Leagues to use): My computer sucks, so I won't be hosting. But if the Spanish leagues are not included I may have to behead someone :p.

Preferred Team: Barça (obv), Nottingham Forest (if we're all doing lower-ish leagues), Villarreal, Liverpool (not exactly thrilled at the prospect of managing them in game, but hey), Arsenal, Fiorentina, Werder Bremen, Saint Ettiene.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you play if you're not going to play all the time i.e. I am interested, but it's unlikely that i'll be available at some point every week so I might need to be holidayed every so often? Do you have to have an instant messenger?

Can you play if you're not going to play all the time i.e. I am interested, but it's unlikely that i'll be available at some point every week so I might need to be holidayed every so often? Do you have to have an instant messenger?

Of course El. I'm not sure on how often it will be played as it will just depend on what days and time everyone is available. When arranging a day and time we will of course ask you if you want to holiday or not which also is appropriate for everyone. Instant messenger wise you don't have to if you don't want to but it would help of course.

Cheers for the reply salkster.

Times and Days Available: Whenever, i'll try my best to particpate as often as possible.

Host Worthy (Specify what countries and Leagues to use): England, Scotland, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, Holland and Russia.

Preferred Team: AC Milan, Lyon, Valencia.

Times and Days Available: EVERY BLOODY DAY. Well apart from Tuesday and Thursday's 7.30pm-9pm.

Preferred Communication Program: I really don't mind. Skype/Msn.

Host Worthy (Specify what countries and Leagues to use): If I'm honest, I'm only ever in English league, therefore only England but obviously other people will want to be from different countries, so I'd say personally just so the game is sort of quick. France, Spain, Germany, Italy, England.

Preferred Team: Aston Villa or someone in the Premiership.

When the mass game comes to fruition, are we all just joining the FMS only server on Hamachi?

Yeah. It's why I put it on the guide thing. It'll be much easier for everyone to play games with each other. Plus if you ever want to have one with just one person, it's all set up ready. Easy peasy.

And just to give a heads up: in the 14th minute of a match against Trinidad and Tobago, Landon Donovan (who, as you may remember, plays the other AMC position in my system) just scored his 5th goal of qualifying. 5th...in like 7 games. Meanwhile, Clint Dempsey is sporting a phenomenal 6.3 rating so far in the match. SOMEONE EXPLAIN.

Clint Dempsey seems criminally underrated in FM10

I'm doing this in FM09. And I subbed him off at about the 56th minute with a 6.1 rating. Sacha Kljestan managed a 6.4 by the end of the match as his replacement. Meanwhile, Donovan finished with a respectable 7.5 as I won the match 3:1 on the strength of his goal and a Brian Ching brace.

Everything else about this tactic works like an absolute charm. Great possession, fullbacks giving width with late runs, plenty of targets in the box for crosses and good movement and passing. I just happen to have one attacking player essentially absent at all times, i.e. the AMC to the right, usually Clint Dempsey.

I'm doing this in FM09. And I subbed him off at about the 56th minute with a 6.1 rating. Sacha Kljestan managed a 6.4 by the end of the match as his replacement. Meanwhile, Donovan finished with a respectable 7.5 as I won the match 3:1 on the strength of his goal and a Brian Ching brace.

Everything else about this tactic works like an absolute charm. Great possession, fullbacks giving width with late runs, plenty of targets in the box for crosses and good movement and passing. I just happen to have one attacking player essentially absent at all times, i.e. the AMC to the right, usually Clint Dempsey.

What personal instructions are you giving him? (Screenie please)

Ah, I didn't play 09 much so I can't help you on this one.

I played a game on FM10 with the USMNT not long ago and Dempsey, frankly, was barely worth a place in the squad. I've not managed him at club level, but at international level my experience is definitely that he's underrated.

Times and Days Available: Weekends Mostly 4am-4pm (which is around 12am-12pm my time!), I may be able to play the occasional weekday game.

Preferred Communication Program: MSN

Host Worthy (Specify what countries and Leagues to use):

Preferred Team: Don't Mind!

Pref on FM10 as well

Got some decent cash to spend in our online game and had a lot of fun basically buying Mikey's reserves from Man City. Looking like Liverpool's strongest line up next season will be.

Pepe Reina; Glen Johnson, Simon Kjær, Daniel Agger, Maxwell; Felipe Melo, Nigel De Jong, Steven Gerrard; Robinho, Fernando Torres, Angel Di María

And our seven on the bench would be,

Tim Krul, Javier Garrido, Martin Skrtel, Arjen Robben, Emmanuel Adebayor, Lorenzo Crisetig, Dirk Kuyt

Now if only that was our squad in real life :p

Times and Days Available: It's summer and i'm jobless so any time :eek:

Preferred Communication Program: MSN or Skype

Host Worthy (Specify what countries and Leagues to use): My PC is crap so i'd prefer to join

Preferred Team: Not fussed I shall see at the time.

Well done Terky, you turned Liverpool's season around after you joined.....(:()

As for Wilkins, he's a useless little jebend who will find himself short of a job as soon as I get back. I leave him in a great position to sweep the quadruple, and all he offers to show is a handful of runner-up medals. Pffft, get out of my face Wilkins, you're joining Lukaku on the naughty step.

Well done Terky, you turned Liverpool's season around after you joined.....(:()

As for Wilkins, he's a useless little jebend who will find himself short of a job as soon as I get back. I leave him in a great position to sweep the quadruple, and all he offers to show is a handful of runner-up medals. Pffft, get out of my face Wilkins, you're joining Lukaku on the naughty step.

Butch has beaten me twice already in the new season, picking up the Charity Shield and then beating me at Anfield on the opening day of the league season. Things have not begun well in my title defence, partly because Felipe Melo is a cock.

He's still a dead man walking :D I'd already won the charity shield the season before so I don't need another one of those :p. Touche to him though, he picked up a win at Anfield. That's a nice way to leave :D. I hope I have missed the transer window as well. Means I can actually save up some money for once and I'll have lots of it to spend next year :D

He's still a dead man walking :D I'd already won the charity shield the season before so I don't need another one of those :p. Touche to him though, he picked up a win at Anfield. That's a nice way to leave :D. I hope I have missed the transer window as well. Means I can actually save up some money for once and I'll have lots of it to spend next year :D

Think we've still got a week or so of the window left. I've spent a lot of money and appear to have completely ruined my team

Gav, Mikey, Offy and Boy George, are we good to play tonight? :p

The normal group are, Offy is with his girlfriend, but he came on last night just so he could sack Wilkins. Whether that occurred, I'm not entirely certain. I'm okay to play, though.

Just picked up my first loss of 2010 WC qualifying with USA by losing 2:3 to Mexico. Sh*t defending, terrible play from my starting striker Altidore (replaced on 50 minutes by Kenny Cooper, who then scored) and several injury-forced substitutions. Went down 0:2 early, came back to 2:2, then conceded late. Not gutted, just angry.

Still having some issues with attacking mids, and my lone striker doesn't ever seem to score or do well. Then again, Cooper's scored twice for me, mostly as a sub, and Altidore is my usual starter who does terrible....in fact, I've had several non-Altidore strikers score. Hm.

I'm also getting job offers from all over the club spectrum. I decided I'm not going to take one until after the 2010 WC, but I'll never give up the USA job as long as I can hold onto it. I might turn this into a Mark Wilson-style story soon, but I'm trying really hard to update Chimney Charlie at least once a week, so we'll see.

The normal group are, Offy is with his girlfriend, but he came on last night just so he could sack Wilkins. Whether that occurred, I'm not entirely certain. I'm okay to play, though.

Nah I wont be on tonight, I'm going home again to the land of no interwebs. Feel free to holiday me (putting Wilkins in charge - I need to find a suitable replacement before I sack him) and carry on :)

Ok so the deadline has now passed.

Host: gavrenwick

Players: salkster2102, viperk1, gavrenwick, Manxie Ash, Dalbeider, Elrithral, The-Perfect-Fm'er, Panpardus

Days and Times Available: Sunday anytime it seems though most likely in afternoon due to Panpardus's aussie time

Weekdays: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 6-8pm, 9pm-12am

Those are the most common times everyone has specified though more specific times can be set and negotiated. MSN seems have been decided as the program to use as our method of communication, so if you want to PM me your MSN addy or to another player then we can all decide on our first game time. If we can all be on for Sunday as that seems to be the common time we are available.

MSN Rules:

Since their is history with a couple of players with big arguments any altercation that causes disruption to the game can cause that person to be kicked from the clan. This will be decided by the whole group as to who will be kicked from the clan. If the whole group cannot reach a verdict then the final vote will be down to the host.

Game Rules:

1. The game will continue when at least 70% of the other players have continued.

2. Please try to refrain from attempting a tap up/unsettling of a Fm'ers players to achieve a transfer.

3. If you cannot make a game session, let the host know, so he can then take control of your team and holiday you through the period that is played.

4. All players must start with automatic reputation.

Archived