FMS FM Thread - Traditional Play

Terk

Lucas couldn't tie his own shoe laces. I'd be more afraid of an apple core that he been munched on by a rabid squirrel.

Be careful, or you shall feel the wrath of the only Brazilian alien to the concept of what a football is actually for.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was going to ban him, but knowing that you'd enjoy it so much has put me off the idea :(

Then it is a morale (I must say, I know little of morales) victory over the Terkleton. Incidently, my manager on the Liverpool Legends game is based on you. He is called Senor Terkleton. This does show how caring I am of such a great mod.

Now, I must get that money from Mikey for making me say that.

You won't be laughing so hard when Dirk leads the mighty Dutch to World Cup glory and celebrates that by scoring 30 goals for Liverpool next season, winning us the title by doing so :cool:

Please, stay away from the mushrooms Terk. We all care too much to see you like this :(

I was about to go to bed and then I fired up the bloody editor again :mad:

Decided on the 6 teams I need to add. FC Edmonton, Idaho Stampede, Saskatoon Blades, Billings Outlaws, Denver Dynamite, Manitoba Moose.

I've appropriated team names from other sports (save in the case of FC Edmonton, who are actually a soccer team), seemed as easier way to go than just coming up with stuff out of the clear blue sky.

Thought I would give you guys an update on the current FMS FM Online game!

premsofar.jpg

Manchester United played by -Xenon-.

Chelsea are played by Offspring08. He hates us all because we have stolen many of his desired transfer targets.

Manchester City played by Celtic_1967. He has just spent SH*T loads of cash, as expected.

Bayern played by me, wahey.

It's been a lot of fun so far. Some great banter on xbox live aswell.

Arsenal in 7th? Shambles. :p

Decided on the 6 teams I need to add. FC Edmonton, Idaho Stampede, Saskatoon Blades, Billings Outlaws, Denver Dynamite, Manitoba Moose.

I've appropriated team names from other sports (save in the case of FC Edmonton, who are actually a soccer team), seemed as easier way to go than just coming up with stuff out of the clear blue sky.

Not a whole lot of population centers in the Mountain region...Saskatoon might not be a bustling metropolis but you aren't looking at much else for options. You've probably picked best, although I can't agree with three Canadian teams. Do one in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Cheyenne Cowboys, or Shepherds, or Ranchers, or Spurs or something.

EDIT: Cheyenne Cacti, Cheyenne Cactus Pears, Cheyenne Pioneers, Cheyenne Roughnecks, Cheyenne Desert Foxes, Cheyenee Lizards, Cheyenne Big Ugly Scary Hairy Sand Spider Things.

If you're making an American League I've got a whole excel spreadsheet for a similar thing you're doing now with team names from major cities based on current teams, former teams, and potential future teams. I'll send it through to you if you like.

I got 60 teams split into 6 conferences with the regions: Pacific, Southwest, Midwest, Atlantic, Central, and Southeast.

If you're making an American League I've got a whole excel spreadsheet for a similar thing you're doing now with team names from major cities based on current teams, former teams, and potential future teams. I'll send it through to you if you like.

I got 60 teams split into 6 conferences with the regions: Pacific, Southwest, Midwest, Atlantic, Central, and Southeast.

That would be great :thup:

Received, much appreciated :thup:

Any (sensible) suggestions for league/cup names would be helpful. Figure there must be something better than the North Eastern Regional Trophy or whatever I end up coming up with.

Well I'd have the North-East as the Atlantic conference and call it the Atlantic Cup,

the Southeastern teams to me would be the SEC Cup (South Eastern Conference)

You have a Mountain division, why not the Rocky Mountains Cup

I'll just throw out some names, you can mix and match for the regions.

Pacific Cup, Desert Cup, Big Sky Cup, General Motors Cup, Atlantic Cup, Gulf Cup, Great Plains Cup, Corn Belt Cup, Texas TeaCup (silver-plated small-scale replica oil well), Colonial Cup, Confederates' Cup, Budweiser Cup, Sam Adams Cup.

I'll edit in more if I think of them.

Cheers, stoehrst :thup: Picked some of your suggestions :thup:

Americans have the best names. Going through the roster for the Pittsburgh Riverhounds and have come across Hunter Gilstrap and Sterling Flounder :D

Cheers, stoehrst :thup: Picked some of your suggestions :thup:

Americans have the best names. Going through the roster for the Pittsburgh Riverhounds and have come across Hunter Gilstrap and Sterling Flounder :D

Managed, of course, by I.P. Knightly. :)

Didn't I.P. Knightly do a great book called Puddles in the Bed? Another great novel was Fell off A Cliff by Eileen Dover :D

As a matter of fact yes. It has a space on my bookshelf right next to "Revenge of the Tiger" by Claude Bawls.

Decided to give it a go myself, with the impossible task of finding an Italian to play in the Champions League for Inter :D

You have one! Davide Santon! In fact, he probably should have been in the Italian World Cup squad...

With the current fms online game that is currently going on with gav,terk,xenon,offspring and mikey I was able to produce an idea. How about an fms clan game? I reckon we could get at least 7 or 8 people possibly more that would be interested. Obviously getting a time suitable to do it would be the main problem but if people can say do about a 4 or 5 hour session one night a week or fortnight or whatever we could all agree to I think would be good. I'm open to suggestions and ideas for it. Just an idea. Feel free to discuss it or blast it away :)

I've been discussing this with salk and gav earlier - and I'm more than happy to do it. It's a great idea - and even if a story didn't accompany it, it would be a great way (if only from the banter it would bring on the forum) to make this forum a nicer and friendlier place (barring the times when people want to break Thomas Mueller's legs :D)

I'm in.

I've been discussing this with salk and gav earlier - and I'm more than happy to do it. It's a great idea - and even if a story didn't accompany it, it would be a great way (if only from the banter it would bring on the forum) to make this forum a nicer and friendlier place (barring the times when people want to break Thomas Mueller's legs :D)

I'm in.

Try it. If he ever gets hurt, you're to blame.

I'm not speaking to Mikey any more :(

I was half expecting a screenshot of the reason why to come with it :D

And that screenshot better not be of anything to do with me; that result was NOT my fault :o

That result was entirely your fault :mad: I still have possession of my infraction stick, so you'd better watch out.

I'd be up for that. Never tried playing online with FM though, and my router has an habit of disconnecting when the light flickers (which is at least once a day).

I have problems with my router occasionally. Do you turn yours off at all? I usually do but they need leaving on over night around once a week so they update.

Archived