[FM10] Croydon Municipal - Home, sweet Home.

NepentheZ

Croydon Municipal - Season 3 Review (2011/12)

English Combined Counties Premier Division - 1st Place

F.A Vase - 1st Round

F.A Cup - 1st Round

CCPLD Cup - Winners

ECCLPD Screenshots

Final League Table.

Team Stats Overview.

Player Stats Overview.

Manager Screenshots

Attributes.

Information.

Overview.

Personal.

Croydon Municipal Information

Best Eleven (2011/12) - Score 5,552

Best Eleven Overall - Score 10,470

Affiliated Clubs

Finances

Transfers

Player Records

Team Records

Staff

Team Sheet

Team Facilities

Team Facts

Team Overview

Team Stats

Records, Awards and Achievements

Fans Player of the Year - Paul Marriner

Record - 6 Games unbeaten

Outstanding Performers

N/A

End of Season Report

Well, promotion.! On top of that, a fantastic cup run, that bagged me my first Cup, along with my second league title, and my first double.! This season took an exceptionally long time to complete. I've not really been into the game all to much, but patch 10.3 really made the game playable for me, and slammed me into the "just one more game" mentality. I'm gutted I don't have the time to play that I used to, but I'll carry on with this career as long as possible. It was a good season, but losing Legwinski this season to retirement, will be a massive hit to the club. He has carried us through the last 3 seasons, and will be hard to replace. I'm having a full team shake up for next season, only keeping 6 of the team in my plans, and releasing the rest.

Well done. Where next? Isthmian First?

The "English Northern Premier League First Division North" :D

Just to check - is this with my file?

Good luck Nep - I'm getting more inspired to start my own career update thread with Wimblington in Level 11.

You have Level 11 :eek:

I want it :D

And yeah, this is using your file :thup:

I've identified that a handful of the Combined Counties sides, including Croydon Municipal, didn't have Level 7/8 (or 11) regional competition preferences set, and so this is now fixed for my next build. Sorry for any inconvenience to your career or team's finances - I'm sure it'll soon be forgotten as you rocket up the leagues :)

ENPLFDN - Game 4.

Came back with an emphatic win, after drawing 1-1 with 10 man wakefield, by destroying Bedfont Green 3-0. My midfielders are so superior, in this division, it seems. Only 1 goal has come from outside the midfield quartet so far this season, and the win puts us top of the table. :thup:

So, I can appreciate that being Croydon must be a pretty boring read for you guys :D

That being said, it also makes is a pretty boring Career Thread for me to update. And that's never fun. So, is there anything you guys would like to see from the save? Screen shots of anything on a regular basis? Any side games you want me to try and achieve? Something like that. I know I've not been too active playing this, but am ploughing through now, so should update more often :D

I want a screenshot of the club doing a publicity stunt where they have half a dozen page 3 models in the team bath dressed skimpily in the Croydon kit.

If you can't do that, just let me know how the other Croydon teams are doing to see if you're better than them or not.

I wish I could do the first option, Nobby :D

Croydon - 15th in the English Combined Counties League Premier Division (Tier 9)

Croydon Athletic - 10th in English Isthmian League First Division South (Tier 8, also the division I should be in :D )

Croydon Greenside - Not in a playable division.

:thup:

I can do that.

Ok, I'm finding it pretty tough the first 10 games in this Level 8 Division. I can go from beating 3rd place 4-0, to losing to 22nd 3-0. I have extremes, where I'll have 30 shots (all be it, only 3 or 4 on target :D ) - to games where I'll be lucky to get 2 or 3 shots in total. I'm growing tired of the indifference in performance, however, I'll put half of it down to the fact I have 5 of my first team injured, and I have a "new team" - after releasing most players last season.

I'm going to try some things tactically, and obviously, use this thread to document my findings. I've been playing a 4-2-2-2 (CM / CM - AML / AMR). I'm going to try a 4-2-3-1 (DEF/DM/DM/AMC/AMC/AMC/ST) - To see if I can utilize a 6 back, 4 forward kind of thing, but with 1 of the DM's being as attacking as possible. Might even go for DM/CM instead of DM/DM. Hopefully, the aim with this tactic is, to try and stop the goals, but make sure I have enough up front. Hopefully it works :D

First game with the new tactic, and it worked well enough, considering a mid-season change :D

Cup Game v Leek.

I won 2-1. More importantly, I had 9 shots, with 4 hitting the target, and 3 CCC's. My team only took 1 long shot, too. The oppo had 10 shots, 2 on target, 5 long shots. Shows the DM (I went with DM, CM, AMC, AML, AMR, ST) - is closing down the oppo enough to restrict them to long range shooting. 85% Tackles won, and 68% passing, (excellent rate for my team :) ) the defining factors in how I've set the formation up. A strong home performance.

If this continues to work (I'll monitor it for home / away games) - It could become a successful home tactic, leading me to just find an effective away tactic. Hopefully, this works both ways :)

Second game with the new tactic. At home again, but I'm 5th in the League, playing 2nd in the League.

FT : 3-0 \o/

The lone striker bags 2 goals, (as he also did in the 2-1 win) - and the CM scored the third. Stats again, very good. I only had 9 Shots again, 6 hitting the target this time. Another 3 CCC's. Oppo restricted to 6 shots, 0 on target, 4 long shots. My 3 Attacking midfielders all run over 12k each.! Hopefully on to something impressive here, with this tactic.

Croydon Municipal - Season 4 Review (2012/13)

English Northern Premier League First Division North - 4th Place

ENPLFDN Play-Off Final - Winners (Promotion)

FA Cup - 2nd Qual. Round

Northern League Challenge Cup - 1st Round

Northern League Presidents Cup - 3rd Round

ECCLPD Screenshots

Final League Table.

Team Stats Overview.

Player Stats Overview.

Manager Screenshots

Attributes.

Information.

Overview.

Personal.

Best Eleven (2012/13) - Score 8,296

Best Eleven Overall - Score 22,715

Affiliated Clubs

Finances

Transfers

Loans

Player Records

Team Records

Staff

Team Sheet

Team Facilities

Team Facts

Team Overview

Team Stats

Record League Apps - Darragh McGee, 115 Apps.

Outstanding Performers

N/A

End of Season Report

To begin the end of season report, we'll go with the "To Begin" - in my usual reports. Oddly, after never saying anything about him, never scouting him, never adding him to any short list, Watford offered me David Beckham for a nominal fee. I found this bizarre, but went with it. I don't have any transfer money, so went back with an offer of £0, which they accepted. I was desperately hoping that because they offered him to me, he was willing to come. He wasn't. However, it only said "at this time". Beckham is 37 now, and I will be 1 division lower than the Blue Square N/S - And Watford are in League 1. Perhaps, next season, I can get him on loan, and then maybe if he's still around, actually pick him up while I'm in the Conference Divisions.

On top of that, I've been linked to a lot of jobs this season, the biggest names being Cardiff, and have had multiple job offers. Aldershot being the latest team to want me. I'm getting many, many offers from League 2 and lower, and get linked with Championship jobs all the time.

Sorry about the Outstanding Performers for the last 2 seasons. I just completely forget. :)

Next Season :

Well, promotion this season was fantastic. I didn't really think I'd do it, despite people saying how easy the lower leagues are. I had a poor early start, but a good run of mid-season form saw me rise to the top of the table. Tough from there on it, with 4 of us in the title race with 6 games to go. A draw and a loss for me ruled me out, but I was able to win the play-offs, and grab that promotion. Another low divsion next season, but I'm not hoping for much. I'll consolidate my team again, replace my back up players with better, get some new staff in, and hope I can scrape through to a play-off place.

Another season, another promotion. Stop being so good at this game! :D
Exactly.

Well done Nep.

Cheers lads :D

I don't feel like I'm "so good" :D There is a guy in the actual thread in CSE, that had consistent promotions to the Prem, and got 4th spot in his first season. (I'm not one to doubt people, but you know, maybe he used another method, if you know what I mean). I've already missed 1 promotion once, and only came 4th this season :D

However, I've amassed a fantastic squad for the new season, that back in FM08, I would have been proud to have had in the Blue Square Premier. So hopefully, I should be a force. I was made 3rd faves to win the league, too.

• 1 month later...

Croydon Municipal - Season 5 Review (2013/14)

English Isthmian League Premier Division - 8th Place

F.A Cup - 2nd Qual. Round

Isthmian League Cup - 4th Round

EILPD Screenshots

Final League Table.

Team Stats Overview.

Player Stats Overview.

Manager Screenshots

Attributes.

Information.

Overview.

Personal.

Best Eleven (2013/14) - Score 10,904

Best Eleven Overall - Score 35,672

Finances

Transfers

Loans

Player Records

Team Records

Staff

Team Sheet

Team Facilities

Team Facts

Team Overview

Team Stats

Record League Apps - Paul Marriner, 130 Apps.

Record League Apps - Paul Marriner, 135 Apps.

Record Games without a Win - 6 Games

Outstanding Performers

Danny Hearn - A good season from him. He's been a consistent scorer for me for 3 years now. Hopefully, he progresses into a decent forward that can carry me into the Blue Square South in the next few years.

End of Season Report

Not really anything happening this season. High mid-table finish, which is quite nice, but I was right in with a play-off spot for most of the season, then dropped off at the end, when injuries and suspensions halted the team. Only played in 2 cups this season, for some reason, and didn't do very well in those. Really wouldn't mind a decent cup run in the F.A. Cup, even to the first round, just for some funds. Because with this much debt, I can't afford to sign even free players, because of the wage bill :D

I've been getting a lot of "links" with much higher clubs, as a manager. League 2 clubs are constantly planning me as the replacement. Which is nice.

On top of that, I've been moved from the Isthmian league, to the Southern Premier League. Can't for the life of me work out why.

Next season, HOPEFULLY I'll be able to bad a few better players, and go for the promotion push into the Blue Square South.

Archived