kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,003 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i mean this:

- for opp DML/ML/AML : tight marking always, tackling hard, show on foot right foot

- for opp DMR/MR/AMR : tight marking always, tackling hard, show on foot left foot

- for DM/MC/AMC/SC : tight marking always, tackling hard

or u change something on V 2 ??

Played 11 matches with v2, 9 wins and 2 draws icon_biggrin.gif. one of them was 3-2 vs Real madrid. my best finish after 3 seasons with villa is a 6th place, will use this tactic for this season and see if i can get myselfe a trophy! So far great tactic!!

Originally posted by markis_mcghee:

The only thing I can say is that I burst my transfer budget to buy Wayne Routledge for Leeds in Championship and this tactic doesn't work with wingers apparantly. That is the only downside, and I have no good AMC.

I use Young and Agbonlahor in this system as AMC, and they are performing great!

this tactic is great, thanks kimz for giving me back a bit of the old CM feeling, im playing sporting on the portuguese league and so far im unbeaten on the league, its a very strong tactic against lesser teams, altough it seems the ai is trying some desperate moves of getting everyone they have on the box to stop me, my only defeat so far came from arsenal away, it seems a good 4-4-2 ( and i think arsenal has the best one ) can be quite a pain in away games, anyway gz man , great job.

Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IMT:

Anyone had any problems with this tactic 2nd season? My first season with this was season 4 in the game (3rd in the Premiership), I am Norwich and was playing like Brazil, Bogdan Stancu banged in 50 goals and I lost 8 games all season, into the new season I am lucky if I am playing as well as Kings Lynn reserves, Stancu has turned into a crap Darren Bent... icon_eek.gif...and I am bottom of the league played 4 lost 4.

I really like this tactic and don't want to start the search all over again... icon_frown.gif

i think i need your save game to analize the 2nd season problem.....

please send me your save game to my email address...kimtatang@yahoo.com

hope i can fix it... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Kimz, thanks for that offer, but have decided to start a new game, as I haven't started a new one since 8.0.2

I started my second season using my own tactics which started with a couple of friendlies and the scores were these:

Auxerre 0 - 3 Arsenal

Bordeaux 0 - 6 Arsenal

PSG 2 - 3 Arsenal

Lyon 1 - 8 Arsenal

Arsenal 7 - 0 Sporting

So I was obviously expecting to be banging them in all season.. but i've been lucky yo get two/three goals a game.

Switched to your tactic.. played two game so far:

Arsenal 2 - 0 Middlesbrough

28 (13) - 3 (1)

Leverkusen 0 - 2 Arsenal

3 (0) - 27 (16)

I'm making the chances just not scoring.. bit disappointed so far!

Here is my personnal experience: Great tactic in European comps, but wears out after half a season...

What has given me incredible success (3 Leagues and 2 CLs in 4years + domestic cups) is starting off the season with another tactic and switching to this one when Cl gets back underway in February...

I'm beginning to develop a full blown case of superkeeperitis in my second season. I get 20 shots on goal and if I manage to squeeze one in, they usually equalize in five minutes after a corner or a long range shot or some ridiculous defensive mistake.

Hi All

I wanna believe this tactic is a super tactic but at lower level clubs (i.e. Cambridge) it really struggles.

To date I have been smashed by Southport 9-0 and Stroke 8-0 which I knew would be tough games but I never thought I would get smashed that hard.

I even got pumped by Aldershot & Forest Green at home 0-3 & 4-2.

Will keep trying ut so far I hate Football Manager 08.

I've had some success with a tweaked version of this for away games and for tough games. I'm QPR and am in my second season in the Premier League after being promoted in my first season.

I removed the arrows for the DMs and the FBs, moved my D-line back a few clicks, moved tempo up to 7-8, and set my team to counter attack. I've also set the FBs run forward to mixed and changed their crossing to often.

You still create a lot of goals because the AI can't handle the setup with the three AMCs and the ST, plus the DM's still move up and the FBs contribute as well. The defensive setup is very good out of the box with the v2 tactic, but it can be exploited too often by good teams or on the road because so many defenders are so far forward on offense.

Just thought I'd point it out. I was struggling away during my first season with QPR and killing at home, and once I started using this away I started winning games and rarely conceding goals.

I just beat Newcastle 4-1 on the road with this tactic, and Birmingham 8-0 at home.

is it just me but this tactic is a bag of crap!!!

im getting hammered week after week, my defence is no-where my full backs are always leaving space for the wingers to rip us apart

10 games played lost 7 drawn 2 won 1

great tactic!!

Originally posted by CookieColeman:

Do you use the same opposition instructions Aytumious?

I should also add that I set the opposition midfielders to their weaker foot if they are very one-footed and I don't set tackling to hard for the ST. I could be wrong about that, but I picked up several penalties in the box when I first started doing it so I stopped.

I've also given some of my offensive players creative freedom up to a max of only 5 if they have the attributes for it.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm QPR in my first season in the Prem. I just had a crushing 2-1 loss on the road against Arsenal with my tweaked version. My ST blew two open chances on breaks (he literally just ran with the ball right into the GK) and one of their goals was a clear offsides. So frustrating.

I have my D-line at 8, passing style at 9 for everyone, and I think everything else is the same. The tactic could probably be better and I'm making minor tweaks along the way, but I've had some very good results, especially when I was still in the Coca Cola league and struggling on the road and dominating at home with Kimz regular v2 tactic.

Thanks, at some point I will try out your away tactic Aytumious.

I say 'at some point' because the AI has now decided to stop the tactic from working, as it has a tendency to do - so I'm going to give it a rest for a bit then come back with it, hopefully I can get back to the previous successes I was achieving with this tactic. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by BigAndyT:

is it just me but this tactic is a bag of crap!!!

im getting hammered week after week, my defence is no-where my full backs are always leaving space for the wingers to rip us apart

10 games played lost 7 drawn 2 won 1

great tactic!!

With the right players this tactic is fantastic, but no matter what tactic you use, if you have crap players, you'll lose games, simple.

United is refusing to score with this tacitc o.O

Creaing like 30 chances. Only hitting 5 on target. It's probably my own fault, but it's getting annoying :p

Lost a game against WestBrom 2-0 I mean.. seriously?!

Any tips? When I do hit the target it seems like super-keeper is back :x

Sorry guys, I'm pretty sure this has already been asked in the thread but there are 6 pages to search through so I thought I'd just ask now.

Can anyone recommend the best pitch size to use for version 2? I'm guessing a smaller pitch would be best, but has anyone found any different?

This tactic doesn't work for me. I'm playing Wycombe and reached the Championship. My players are competative for this league. Since I used this tactic, I lost 3-1, won 5-4 and lost 6-0 in a game that tells you all about the simplicity that my opponents have in scoring.

img.php?image=26352_tactic_122_1073lo.jpg

At 1 attempt at goal, the score was already 3-0

Even though the title tells me different, I did that. Adjusting passing styles, creative freedom, dribbling etcetera. The news after this match was "Even after being the dominant force throughout the match, Wycombe lost 6-0". But I can't prevent my opponents from getting a few chances every match.

I'm playing with man city. Finished 7th last year and look set for similar this year. Changed to this tactic in February and ended up 4th!!! Huntelaar scored 48 and my wonderkid Guilherme scored 22 in 28 from left AMC.

The highlight was walloping Liverpool 4-1 at Anfield.

Hopefully my rep will increase and I'll be able to sign Micah Richards back from Spurs (board accepted 30 mill for him.

I've loved the series since CM93but have found myself falling out of love after 07. I haven't got the aptitude or patience for fiddling around with tactics so I thank you for this upload.

This tactic can take a few games for the team to get used to it I believe, also I've found that you have to keep checking the opposition positions because I've found this can stuggle against a 3-4-3 (not so much get dominated as both teams will create boat loads of chances even teams much weaker then you, and half the time can equalize if you are only up a goal).

Originally posted by kimz:

finaly, end of my 1st season with fiorentina W29 D8 L1 F94-23, unfortunately i'm not winning the serie a title, inter milan make incredible run with W29 D9 with no lost...... icon_mad.gif

but i win the euro cup, hammering rangers 4-0 at final, and win italian cup 3-2 againts udinese icon_wink.gif

fio 1st season

and this is another link

Kimz_8.0.2_No_Tweaking_v1.tac

please give your feedback more detail...

nice man, did you sign anyone and if so who?

for me when i took over the had already sold Mutu to arsenal icon_frown.gif

A bit tweaking the firts version and IT'S NOT INTERESTING to play anymore (at least with BIG temas).

I played MU fro seasons so far. My results: no competitors at home, I won 3 PL titles easily.

CL - 1 title, and 2 lost finals (misery).

FA Cup - 3 titles as well.

So, I'll give it a go with weaker team.

This is an interesting tactic. With Reading, we are scoring a shed load, home and away. But when you don't have a top defence, I find we leak goals like mad both home and away - I reguarly have scorelines of 4-3.

I really like the tactic, and when I pla as a top team, t makes the game too easy - but with an average side, in the first season, it is ok, but not great.

If anyone finds a way to help prevent a team from leaking so many, that would make the tactic exceptional!

piece of gabbage

This isn't my tactic or thread but can't help getting annoyed when people post comments like this.

The guy has made the effort to upload a tactic and explain it in the thread. If it doesn't work for you, fine, but why not contribute by saying why you think it's not worked, or what team and players you've tried it with, rather than just post something pointless and not in the slightest bit constructive. icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyone who takes the time and effort to post a tactic should be praised & helped in the right direction with useful feedback. Slackers that can't be bothered to create their own tactic, but are happy enough to post pointless criticism just really get my goat I'm afraid! icon_mad.gif

Hi Kimz and everyone.

First post here.

Thanks very much for uploading your work,

I started a game yesterday as Dundalk (Ireland) (My local team) I want to get them to the CL.

I was half way through the season and things were not going well. So I decided to use your tatic, Bingo, Starting winning again,

I finished second and got into the playoffs for promotion to the Premier Division which in the end I won,

I played the first match of the new season last night and got stuffed 4-0, I have been switching between v1 & v2 when things started to get shakey but I have never got a result like this, Looks like I'll have a LOT of changes to make in this team before they challange for the title.

Anyway, Thanks for your excellent tatic. Looking forward to getting home from work tonight!!!

Archived