You know you are addicted to football manager when............

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.When you apply for the Villa job even though your only 17...

And in reality can't play football...

And would probably prefer managing Villa on FM than in reality...

2.When you go out to the supermarket and can't understand why people aren't trying to get your autograph, after all you did win the Champions League twice.

I was in a restaurant today and there was a staff shortage so service would be limited.

I started comparing it to my striker crisis at Hertha at the moment - I've got two long-term injuries, and I brought in Oba Martins in the transfer market after joining and he got injured for 2 weeks which left me with one senior striker out of five (the other one is out on loan) and a 16-year-old as back-up.

Also, when you compare food products to players in your game. Started muttering to myself in Sainsbury's about whether to choose Lyon's Bakewell Tarts (Jermain Beckford) or Kipley's (Jermain Defoe).

...When you're 26 years old and married, but in your last year of college before graduating you manage to squeeze in a journeyman career that lasts all the way until now--2044, having gone from bringing a Third Division Spanish team all the way to First, then managing Villarreal (la liga once and two ECL), Zaragoza, and the States through the years. Also when you get a major depression when you realize you cannot bring yourself to start another game since you know 2010 does not have dynamic league rep and you will be stopping the game in two months anyway.

Wow.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When you dont give a Flying fook about fixing peoples computer issues at work and just daydream about which team your going to finally start with on FM after this test drive,

Not only that its the only day of the year you truely have mapped out-Where your going to buy it, where your going to (smell) and read the new manual (which will hopefully be an improvement on last year) and how many work toilet trips your going to make with a copy of FM under your top.......

When you become Mario Balotelli at work..

You are at your desk and ask your boss for 5th November off, but he says no because there's too much work to be done. So you take your shirt off and throw it at him, storming out of the office, kicking over someone's cup of coffee on the way out.

You know your addicted to fm when you spent a whole day playing the fm11 demo and getting your fierce rivals liverpool to second in the league in janurary and then when the demo finishes you spend the next day reading this forum and then when you cannot handle nnot playing fm anymore you switch your old pc on and fire up fm2007 and see if you can get sunderland to sign all the players who are top class now and were unknown then

You can't remember if Gillingham beat Millwall 2-1 in real life or in FM. You keep getting results confused between IRL and FM.

I do this constantly with players - thinking that players who are excellent for me on FM are actually excellent for my team (Leicester City) in real ilfe. This leads to me often looking very stupid when declaring how excellent some of the rubbish players are and how they desreve a good run in the team!!!

When you take over a new team abroad and look up the city/town of the team and find out where you would live, where the stadium is and where the training pitch is or would be. Also when you look on google for a 'team bus' in your teams colours to take you to away games.

Just for the record none of this was done by me but my flatmate, I glanced over his shoulder and saw on his screen 'google.com' search: team bus. it cracked me up!

When you know what the commentary on the game is going to be before it comes up. The amount of times I say it in my head (out loud) and then the exact same thing comes up at the bottom of the screen is scary. SI could take over the world if they had the inclination

When, come release day, it becomes difficult to choose between celebrating your 5th Wedding Anniversary with your wife or to start a new Football Manager career

i don't see that as being a difficult choice!....has to be FM career surely?

When you've disappointed that your sister's new boyfriend doesn't play FM. I've actually insisted more than once since that one of them should end up with an FM player at some point.

I've also been imagining going into town to get the game for a few months now (which hasn't happened before). Plus my laptop has been away for repairs for a long while so first I decided I'd get a new one if it wasn't back in time (to the point of actually browsing dabs for a bit), then I'd upgrade my older one I'm on but then realized that I could still do a large enough league selection to satisfy me that wouldn't go too slow (at least for a while). I was actually moaning to my best friend (not an FMer when not with me due to being busy) last night about how every couple of days before it arrived back would be a potential season I could reach fading away. Before commenting on the oddness of watching nonexistent future virtual seasons fade away.

When you take over a new team abroad and look up the city/town of the team and find out where you would live, where the stadium is and where the training pitch is or would be. Also when you look on google for a 'team bus' in your teams colours to take you to away games.

Just for the record none of this was done by me but my flatmate, I glanced over his shoulder and saw on his screen 'google.com' search: team bus. it cracked me up!

priceless just priceless

When at work you have a small notebook in your top drawer which you use for jotting down tactical ideas or players that pop into your head during the day.

I also got into trouble for blocking the printer whilst printing out full colour pics of the FM 2011 screen grabs to have a look at

• 2 weeks later...

Archived