FM2008's Ultimate Goal Machine: Who's Your Choice?

Originally posted by Rohan The Barbarian:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Everton_3_0_Liverpool:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rohan The Barbarian:

Name: Bojan

Position: ST

Club: Barcelona

Nation: Spain

Value: Variable (cost me 5m)

Personal Comment: Plays in my U18's squad at Man U and is an absolute beast! Currently has 37 goals in 29 matches for the U18's.

is it possible to get bojan for 5m and also i doubt he would come and u18s squad should be a first team player even at 16 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well normally no but A.C. Milan unsettled him, he demanded a transfer, and i swooped under their noses icon_biggrin.gif

As for the U18's I think he deserves regular starts, but with a two-man strike-force that can consist of Ronney, Tevez, Pandev and Aguero at any one time it's hard to get him onto the bech, let alone start the game...

Don't worry, he'll be the next king of Manchester sonn enough icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Name:Kaka

Position:AMC

Club:Tottenham Hotspur

Nation:Brazil

Value:34 million GBP

Personal Comment: Do i really have to say anything? scored on his home debut against torino in a friendly, completely demolished Wolverhampton in my opening premier league match, scoring two and 1 assist, with a super curling shot. there just seems to be no one who can stop this guy from getting past you.

For future reference please give their club that they began with in the game (we all know Kaka plays for AC Milan but for lesser known players try to post their original club) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

also how the hell did you sign kaka for spurs?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Everton_3_0_Liverpool:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rohan The Barbarian:

Name: Bojan

Club: Barcelona

Nation: Spain

Value: Variable (cost me 5m)

Personal Comment: Plays in my U18's squad at Man U and is an absolute beast! Currently has 37 goals in 29 matches for the U18's.

is it possible to get bojan for 5m and also i doubt he would come and u18s squad should be a first team player even at 16 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well normally no but A.C. Milan unsettled him, he demanded a transfer, and i swooped under their noses icon_biggrin.gif

As for the U18's I think he deserves regular starts, but with a two-man strike-force that can consist of Ronney , Tevez, Pandev and Aguero at any one time it's hard to get him onto the bech , let alone start the game...

Don't worry, he'll be the next king of Manchester sonn enough icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Rooney, bench, soon icon_rolleyes.gif

Sorry about that rushed the typing and clicked Post Now by accident.

Originally posted by heathxxx:

Name: Frazier Campbell

Club: Manchester United

Nation: England

Value: £2.1m

Personal Comment: This guy was awesome on loan at my Hyde United team in the BSN, when I managed to get Man Utd as my parent club. Scored an amazing 108 goals in all competitions. He has all the stats that count for a great pacey striker and is especially lethal in the lower leagues.

My submission of his goals tally is still top of the "records" thread. Fantastic considering the game was not edited or cheated in any way icon14.gif

Here's his stats for that season...

Frazier Campbell - End of season stats

The only thing i can say about that record is... Bloody hell

Originally posted by Ty H:

Name:Wayne Rooney

Position:ST

Club:Man Utd

Nation:England

Value:£28mil

Personal Comment: Hs been doing well every season but have now appointed him captain and I think he's scored in almost every game he's played 30 goals in 28 games plus 18 assists by the end of Jan can't wait to see what he finishes on

I have had similar experience with Rooney. End of Jan he had racked up 37 goals in 31 games and 12 assists.

If he was equally as prolific IRL United would be sorted icon14.gif

Post your nominee for FM2008's best goalscorer using the following format if possible (also included is my choice as an example):

Name: Goran Pandev

Club: Lazio

Nation: FYR Macedonia

Value: £11-13m

Personal Comment: Scored a hat-trick on his debut vs. Chelsea. Currently leading Premiership

scoring charts with 20 goals in 18 matches.

How the feck did you get him for 11-13? They won't accept less than 18 mil for him on my game.

Position: AM/FC

Nation: Makedonija!

Value: 15 mil pounds

Personal Comment:

Wonderful, wonderful! Very good playmaker, signed him for my Madrid team, he is the staple of the team as the amc.

Set him to free role as well and he does wonders. He is going to be my replacement for Van Nistlerooy in a year or two, until Saivet can play good in that position, then he will go back to free role amc. (He is also tutoring Saivet, he has a lot of good moves)

Originally posted by Shiny223:

Post your nominee for FM2008's best goalscorer using the following format if possible (also included is my choice as an example):

Personal Comment: Scored a hat-trick on his debut vs. Chelsea. Currently leading Premiership

How the feck did you get him for 11-13? They won't accept less than 18 mil for him on my game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dunno. I bid 12.5m at the very start of the game and it got accepted. If you are a bit into the season his value is probably gone up, other than that I can't think of any reason why Lazio would demand so much.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shiny223:

How the feck did you get him for 11-13? They won't accept less than 18 mil for him on my game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dunno. I bid 12.5m at the very start of the game and it got accepted. If you are a bit into the season his value is probably gone up, other than that I can't think of any reason why Lazio would demand so much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh, I got him for 15m plus a few things, good enough, seeing as I am Madrid, and have the money. icon_biggrin.gif

Name: Kaka

Position: ACM

Club: Milan

Nation: Brazil

Value: Priceless

Personal Comment: First season, got 30 goals, 9 assists and 16 MOM performances in 28 starts. Helped me win the league, italian cup & champions league all in my first season icon_smile.gif. Always performs in the big games

Name: Obefami Martins

Club: Newcastle United

Nation: English Premier League

Value: £11-12 mill

Personal Comment: Scored 5 in my 5-0 win over Chelsea in my first season and 2 in my 2-2 drawa against Man utd. He also is lightening fast and makes great assists for Owen

ur lucky. milan signed him in my game 2nd season for 43mill

Originally posted by Shiny223:

Position: AM/FC

Nation: Makedonija!

Value: 15 mil pounds

Personal Comment:

Wonderful, wonderful! Very good playmaker, signed him for my Madrid team, he is the staple of the team as the amc.

Set him to free role as well and he does wonders. He is going to be my replacement for Van Nistlerooy in a year or two, until Saivet can play good in that position, then he will go back to free role amc. (He is also tutoring Saivet, he has a lot of good moves)

Originally posted by gunnergo:

HELP

got delgado and palacio in first gunners season wer **** aswell as eduardo and ade just got tamudo and bojan in second almost about get alves but want a goal machine for under 10 mil

Well to be honest it sounds like you have no shortage of quality up front icon14.gif

But for under 10m you can't go wrong with Stancu (unless his value has shot up, which it may have done, especially if he moved clubs...)

Originally posted by martin sprint:

I would ask all of you to call my country Macedonia, it is our name. Imagine how could your country be called. It is insulting.

Thanks

The Republic of Macedonia (Macedonian: Република Македонија, Republika Makedonija [1]) listen (help·info), often referred to as Macedonia, is a landlocked country on the Balkan peninsula in southeastern Europe. It is bordered by Serbia to the north, Albania to the west, Greece to the south, and Bulgaria to the east. It was admitted to the United Nations in 1993 under the provisional reference of the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM[2][3]

so until the UN decides that it should be the Republic of Macedonia or just Marcedonia it is perfectly fine to call it FYR Macedonia

Also in every UEFA and FIFA competition your country goes by FYR Macedonia, so either you live with it or widraw from every competition in FIFA or UEFA regi

If your a lower league club (I'm Worcester City) Donovan Simmonds is an awesome striker. Hes at Coventry who i got as my feeder club. I signed him on loan and he scored 33 goals in 36 league appearance in Blue Square North and got me promoted to Blue Square Premier. Loaned him again this season and so far has scored 17 goals in 20 games. It currently says in the coaches report "would be a decent signing for any premier divison side" Though i think that would be pushing it a bit.

Name: Amauri

Club: Palermo

Nation: Brazil (holds Italian passport)

Value: Starts around £7m I think

Personal Comment: Took over Palermo as a side project and gave him the captaincy after receiving an offer I couldn't refuse for Barzagli. As of March 10th 2008, he's scored 25 league goals in 25 games, 4 in 4 cup games and 10 in 7 starts and a sub appearance in Europe. That's 39 in 36 starts and 1 sub appearance! His value's rocketed since Christmas to £15m, but no way am I gonna sell! Was 2006/07 European Striker of the Year runner up.

Originally posted by brod104:

Name: Amauri

Club: Palermo

Nation: Brazil (holds Italian passport)

Value: Starts around £7m I think

Personal Comment: Took over Palermo as a side project and gave him the captaincy after receiving an offer I couldn't refuse for Barzagli. As of March 10th 2008, he's scored 25 league goals in 25 games, 4 in 4 cup games and 10 in 7 starts and a sub appearance in Europe. That's 39 in 36 starts and 1 sub appearance! His value's rocketed since Christmas to £15m, but no way am I gonna sell! Was 2006/07 European Striker of the Year runner up.

Much agreed. Great value for money at the beginning of the game.

Originally posted by necrokiller:

Name: Per Mertesacker

Position: DC

Club: bremen

Nation: germany

Value: forgot

Personal Comment: best goal scoring defender for my man utd team. 16 goals in a season. anyone don't believe pls say. i'll upload a screenie later

Lets see the screenie icon14.gif

Name: Ikechukwu Uche

Club: Getafe at the start, playing for me at Portsmouth

Nation: Nigeria

Value: £10.5 million

Personal Comment: 51 league goals in 38 league games, fulfilled the role of target man with ruthless efficiency and singled handedly spearheaded an assualt to a champions league spot after finishing 16th the previous season.

LINK

Name: Yakubu Aiyegbeni

Club: Everton FC

Nation: Nigeria

Value: Already at the club, but is worth £8.5 million.

Personal Comment: Joint premiership goalscorer but played 10 games less than Torres who is joint top. He's scored 19 goals in 21 Premier League games, and 30 goals in 32 (all comp) games in my first season.

Feed the Yak and he will score!!!!

Weird enough, Henry is making the headlines recently in my game. Rooney was god-like during my first year, but got injured long time in 2010.

I've been an LLM ever since starting FM08, so my nominee for best coca cola league 1 and 2 strikers would be Andy Bishop, who is in my team now, and Ben Burgress who I'm planning to buy after I sell about a dozen of my youth players. LOL.

Name: Asamoah Gyan

Position: AM R, ST

Club: Udinese

Nation: Ghana

Value: £10,500,000 (but Udinese rarely sell for this much)

Personal Comment: Pace, pace, pace, pace, pace. He can run rings around just about any defender he's faced with. Also quite versatile.

What's he like playing up front on his own?

Name: Carlos Vela

Position: AMC/FC

Club: Arsenal

Nation: Mexico

Value: £5,500,000

Personal Comment: Scores goals as if it was for free! Crazy fella I tell you. Easily unsettled too

Originally posted by bigdirtyjames:

Personal Comment: Pace, pace, pace, pace, pace. He can run rings around just about any defender he's faced with. Also quite versatile.

What's he like playing up front on his own? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well for me he's alright but I find him more effective alongside a big target man like Huntelaar.

Originally posted by DKB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by martin sprint:

I would ask all of you to call my country Macedonia, it is our name. Imagine how could your country be called. It is insulting.

Thanks

The Republic of Macedonia (Macedonian: Република Македонија, Republika Makedonija [1]) listen (help·info), often referred to as Macedonia, is a landlocked country on the Balkan peninsula in southeastern Europe. It is bordered by Serbia to the north, Albania to the west, Greece to the south, and Bulgaria to the east. It was admitted to the United Nations in 1993 under the provisional reference of the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM[2][3]

so until the UN decides that it should be the Republic of Macedonia or just Marcedonia it is perfectly fine to call it FYR Macedonia

Also in every UEFA and FIFA competition your country goes by FYR Macedonia, so either you live with it or widraw from every competition in FIFA or UEFA regi </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh?? icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by spacol:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DKB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by martin sprint:

Thanks

Also in every UEFA and FIFA competition your country goes by FYR Macedonia, so either you live with it or widraw from every competition in FIFA or UEFA regi </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh?? icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this the Wikipedia page for Macedonia?

Last I checked this was a Football Manager forum...

I'm adding my vote to the Aguero fan club.

With Arsenal I played him as the lone striker in a 4-4-1-1 formation, no individual orders, just team orders (which were very attacking, creative and short passing) and he banged in 45-55 goals for about 3 consecutive seasons.

As has been discussed in this thread already, he does have a downside - his price. I don't think you're likely to get him for anything below £25m due to his massive PA. If you have the money, however, he has to be considered for any team.

Originally posted by bigdirtyjames:

What's he like playing up front on his own? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Outstanding.

I'm at September, 3rd season, and he's just scored his 102 goal in 99 games for Tottenham. Up top himself.

Originally posted by SkeeterP:

I'm adding my vote to the Aguero fan club.

With Arsenal I played him as the lone striker in a 4-4-1-1 formation, no individual orders, just team orders (which were very attacking, creative and short passing) and he banged in 45-55 goals for about 3 consecutive seasons.

As has been discussed in this thread already, he does have a downside - his price. I don't think you're likely to get him for anything below £25m due to his massive PA. If you have the money, however, he has to be considered for any team.

At this stage it is almost universally accepted that Aguero is one of, if not the best strikers in FM2008 icon_cool.gif

Archived