[WIP] Northumbrian Nation & League

arctoa

Issue with team numbers for me, it won't let me load as the amount of teams from the Northumbria Cup is asking for too many from the 2nd Division or something.

I'd love to play this too, I'm from South Shields and would like to see how far I can take them. I tried to fix it myself but ****ed it up further :D

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Issue with team numbers for me, it won't let me load as the amount of teams from the Northumbria Cup is asking for too many from the 2nd Division or something.

I'd love to play this too, I'm from South Shields and would like to see how far I can take them. I tried to fix it myself but ****ed it up further :D

Hmmm. Are you running 10.2?

Yeah, I have STEAM so it automatically updated.

That'll be it, then. I play through STEAM too so mine automatically updated... ...and completely buggered this XML up (as well as those of plenty of other people, there are complaints all over the forum). I'm going to have to start from scratch but I'm not sure when I'll be doing that; I'll probably wait until the January patch is out before I make another start.

Cheers for letting me know that it's knackered, I was wondering whether it was just my own computer or not. I'll update the original post.

Ah, that's ***** that. Unlucky.

Give me a shout over at Susie if I can help with anything, I'm not over here much.

Aye it's a bit of a ****er, hah.

Cheers, I'll do that when the time comes. I was thinking about posting this on Susie and the Dugout once I'd gotten through a few initial releases as it is; I suppose I'll just start threads there when I come to re-make this, now that situations have changed.

• 3 months later...

It's been a long while coming, but illness and the Easer break from college have conspired to see me make a start on what will be version 4.00 of my Northumbrian nation and league system for FM10.3. So far I have all 195 locations, 1100 in-game players, and 82 in-game clubs sorted. I'll probably end up with somewhere between 125 - 200 teams, depending upon how much information I can find for the smaller outfits.

The revised regional boundaries means that Northumbria has a projected population of 3,750,000 and considering the number of players and teams this gives the nation an in-game strength comparable to Scotland and Ireland, which seems realistic enough.

th_Northumbria2.jpg th_locations.jpg

Regional Map 4.00 / City Location Map 4.00

In other news, can anyone recommend an image-hosting service that's better than Photobucket? It's far too bloated these days.

• 2 weeks later...
i generally use imageshack

I'll check it out. First, though, I need to solve the many issues that I'm getting with the editor; I think I'm trying to be too ambitious but everything I'm trying that is even slightly straying from standard fails miserably. Regional divisions aren't working, 'other division' teams don't move or end up in two leagues, my nation competes in the World Cup qualifiers but not European Championship ones, player histories aren't changing properly... I could go on, but it's getting to the point where I can't be bothered with this DB any more.

• 3 weeks later...
Any progress on this for a version for 10.3?

I love this idea

Cheers for the interest, it's appreciated. I have a working version, but it still needs a lot of tidying up before I release it; I still get a lot of players with Moldavian names, hah. I'll finish it off once I'm done with college, which will be in a month or so. I'll send you a message when it's ready, if you like.

Cheers for the interest, it's appreciated. I have a working version, but it still needs a lot of tidying up before I release it; I still get a lot of players with Moldavian names, hah. I'll finish it off once I'm done with college, which will be in a month or so. I'll send you a message when it's ready, if you like.

Can you also send me a PM when this is ready for the 10.3 patch? I love to play this league system! :)

Can you also send me a PM when this is ready for the 10.3 patch? I love to play this league system! :)

I shall indeed! I'm going to have to make a list, hah. It'll be mid-June by the time I have a working release ready, just in time for the World Cup. Hopefully I won't make such a hash of putting it together when FM'11 comes along.

Im hoping the same thing :D

Hahah, no promises. I really need to learn how macros work in time for FM'11 like, this has been incredibly consuming this time around due to all the extra players, cities and clubs in the database and assume it'll be worse again come the autumn.

• 4 months later...

I've got a somewhat-functional database for the 10.3 update if anyone is interested. It's rather rough around the edges and is, by my standards, incomplete; but I don't see the point in sickening myself of the editor just before FM'11 comes along. Needless to say, I'll be replicating this database as soon as I get my grubby mitts on the new game.

i'd love to give it a whirl mate
Me to - Morpeth Town to the Prem woohoo!

Hah; all right, then. I'll try to smooth off a few of the rougher edges and upload it at some point over the weekend: the major stuff that needs sorting is prize money, media sources, and league/cup player awards. Prior warning, though; a small number of the virtual and newgen players have Moldovan first/surnames, despite my best efforts to stop it happening.

Infuriatingly, the editor has decided it wants to crash every time I try to open it. This means that I can't finish off this database. I've uploaded it anyway, though; just be sure to input some prize monies before you start a new game otherwise everyone will probably end up in administration.

The idea with local and national leagues is that it replaces reserve and youth fixtures, so use your development squad in the local leagues. The reputation of it should be low enough to ensure that the other larger teams in the leagues should field their reserves, too. It's a shame that one can't specify age restrictions on particular competitions.

I would have created multiple levels of local leagues but the limitations of the editor have stopped me; I figure it better to just have one level than have teams randomly bouncing around between divisions each season.

I guess this can be considered a preview of what I'll be doing once FM'11 is out, so feedback would still be appreciated.

Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?6n5l2xi9o78xshz

I have one in my database of (unplayable) county IX teams vs. the national squad in their own cup.

Sorry for the late query on this.

I'm curious about your county XI's. It'd be cool if you could make them a proper representative sides like how it works in cricket, being a step up between club and country. But I doubt that's work in football. :(

Sorry for the late query on this.

I'm curious about your county XI's. It'd be cool if you could make them a proper representative sides like how it works in cricket, being a step up between club and country. But I doubt that's work in football. :(

Ah; that competition isn't included in my final update. It was too difficult stopping the teams from signing players or otherwise straying from being county sides. There are representative county sides in amateur football, and it was that I was trying to replicate; I was going to recreate the UEFA Regions Cup in-game but it was going to be a nightmare to implement. Hopefully I'll be able to do this in the FM'11 editor.

Archived