FM10: Romélu Lukaku

tameeris

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, used the corner cheat. Next season I will use normal corner instructions. But not that many goals are from corners. The team scored 20 goals from corners in 34 league matches, and some of them was own goals too. After my opinion not that crazy. He's a beast one on one with the goalkeeper.

Used him as poacher. Almost none creative freedom etc. Straight on goal, BAM!

Put him as a complete forward attack now with all bars in the middle except mentality - attacking, creative freedom - little and roaming - no, and he scored 2 and hit the post all be it one was a pen, all in his 1st game as that.

I've had success with him as a lone striker, playing a 4-2-3-1 as an advanced forward attack, mentality on the 4th attacking, cf on normal, passing 1st direct, close down 1st whole pitch, rfd sometimes, long shots rare, through balls often. Also have moves into channels and no roaming all the rest on default.

How do you play him Spooney, he's stats are insane

I use classic instructions for him, but tbh its more about how my team play rather just him individually.

i thought he has like 19 penalty taking??? hes has 20 on mine

He did, but i have him on training with no set piece coaching, so it slowly decline, but if he lost ability points for loosing 4 penalty taking and then regain them points elsewhere im happy with it dropping to 15, its not always about progression, its about attribute balancing too, and tbh with 17 decisions, 20 finishing and composure, he doesnt need 19 penalty taking to score every pen :thup:

Lukaku is superb IRL already, cant believe he's 16, dont watch Belgian footy too much but have been paying him increasing attention in the Europa League, top class, he cant fail to be as good as Drogba by 20

that screenshot looks a bit silly tho IMO, not saying its not real and well done to the poster for building him up, but he's almost unplayable at 21? Hmm, i do think Drogba is a fair comparison, so how good are his stats at his PEAK by comparison with Lukaku?

Lukaku is superb IRL already, cant believe he's 16, dont watch Belgian footy too much but have been paying him increasing attention in the Europa League, top class, he cant fail to be as good as Drogba by 20

that screenshot looks a bit silly tho IMO, not saying its not real and well done to the poster for building him up, but he's almost unplayable at 21? Hmm, i do think Drogba is a fair comparison, so how good are his stats at his PEAK by comparison with Lukaku?

Tis only a game

Depending on certain situations IRL, he could be Drogba at 21 or better, Drogba was a late developer, even for an African player

Just managed to bag Lukaku on a free and will be joining at the end of my 3rd season as Derby. He's been banging them in for Anderlecht so not sure why no-one else picked him up, have Tafer as my main striker anyway so not too worried if he turns out to be a bit of a dud.

Iv noticed that, i thought he would have been very hard to sign in 10.3 and have teams like Barca, Real, Arsenal and Chelsea after him, but no-one ever does. Also i still havent seen ANYBODY be able to get his pace up, has anyone managed it ?

My Lukaku has "shoots with power", learnt from being tutored by Rooney. He is still really young so his finishing and composure are only at about 17. Some of the shots he hits are unreal though. The keeper doesn't even move.

He hasn't had it for long though... will let you know on longer term results.

Cheers.

Any update on this?

Yep half way through 1st season and mine has gone up to 18 finishing, pace and acceleration still 14. Very much bit-park player to villa and drogba but has 5 in 7.

Also with regards to that 81 goals, it isn't that unrealistic, in my game Villa has scored a quite outrageous 70 goals in 41 games, although he has scored double hat-tricks against very weak opposition to be fair.

Archived