[FM10] Making The Transition

GavinC83

After destroying my beloved Arsenal in just 18 months, I decided my style was not compatible with the big boys and I would be better off in the lower leagues.

So I packed my bags and headed for the start screen where I promptly loaded the majority of the leagues all down to their lowest respective divisions with a large database.

Starting unemployed and with just 'Sunday League' experience, I applied for a dozen jobs that were all available from day one.

It was little known Utsiktens BK of the Swedish Second Division 'Västra Götaland'. Upon consulting my backroom staff my Assman suggested using the transfer market to bring in new players as the youth facilities were poor at best. Not happy with this I confronted the board who claimed there were not enough funds to upgrade the facilities and that I would have to make do until the financial situation changed. 'This is not good enough' I said. 'If we are to win promotion and sustain success I need a conveyor belt of talent that would put Arsene Wenger to shame! Now make it happen!' I said. . .

"You're sacked" they said.

"ok" I said.

Back to the jobcentre with my career not off to the best of starts and it was not until mid November that Lewes of the BSS offered me a position as manager that I greatfully accepted.

After a tiring day of reading up on the history of the club and a meeting with the chairman I went home to rest and prepare for this challenge that should bring out the best in me and my players.

Further updates to follow...

p.s. FM10, large database.

My career at Lewes got off to a great start as I lead my team to victory away from home in the FA Cup 2nd Qualifying round against relegation rivals Maidenhead. Despite not knowing my players names, I inspired them to a 1 - 0 victory which would lead us on a run of 4 games without conceding. The downside being we only scored the one goal in those four games.

Despite the doom mongers condoning our lack of goals, my aim was to build Fortress Lewes and even that Fat Walrus looking Allardyce would be proud of our recent ways. Alot of aggression, hoofing the ball like Peter Kay advertising John Smith's, and picking up more cards than Daniel Negranou at the WSOP, nothing can stop us now! We have even recruited a physio!

Unfortunately, our cup run was ended at Dover after we could only manage a 0 - 0 draw at home. The inevitable happening in the replay. Atleast we had fun at the seaside.

Another run of 0 - 0 draws led me to sign Richard Bowers on a free transfer from Kilsyth Rangers. The media and club legend Terry Parris hailed it an amazing 'coup'. At a lean 10st 9lbs there were no comparisons to his over weight pop star name sake. Making his debut at home to top of the table Hampton & Richmond, he only managed 60 mins before being withdrawn due to injury. But even that could not stop us from defeating the mighty H&R in a victory that would surely now send echoes of potential throughout the town and get the residents of Lewes away from their Castles and into the terraces once again!

Out of the relegation zone for the first time and now into 16th position. 1 point above my beloved St. Albans. The future is bright. The future is LEWES.

Bring on December.

Archived