[FM10] In it for the Long Haul

Danmanager08

Using FM 10 Version 10.0.0

Only edits are 2 friends I added with random stats.

Hey guys, this is my first FM career thread. My name is Danny, and the plan is to take a lower league club from anywhere in the UK and really transform their fortunes.

Leagues loaded:

UK (expect Wales): all leagues loaded

(Spain, Italy, Portugal, France, Germany also on View Only).

I went on holiday, and set the job application settings for lowest leagues club only. Nothing came up, until the 9th of March 2010. East Stirlingshire offered me a job. I accepted.

Here's a little bit more about East Stirlingshire

thumbnmail.png

East Stirlingshire Football Club are a Scottish football club originating in Falkirk, although home matches are currently played in the nearby town of Stenhousemuir. They are members of the Scottish Football League and play in the Third Division. The club's name is often abbreviated by outsiders to East Stirling, leading to the erroneous impression that they are based in or near the city of Stirling, 14 miles from Falkirk; fans and other locals refer to the club by their nickname, The Shire.

(information courtesy of Wikipedia).

League Table:

leaguetableb.th.jpg

As you can see, the situation isn't bad at all. I think the reason why the old manager left was for a better job; to be honest I was very lucky to get this job. A decent promotion-pushing Scottish Third Division side, with a lot of decent players.

The next update will be at the end of the season.

Thats quite a good situation to come into. Livingstone look out of reach to be fair. But normally the only jobs that come up are a struggling team that needs to be saved before you can even think about promotion.

Good luck with this :thup:

Yeah :) - another interesting piece of information about East Stirlingshire; t'was sir Alex Ferguson's first managerial club. So it has a bit of history I suppose. Hopefully in a few years I'll be challenging the old firm ;).

And yeah, defonitly a great situation to come into. :) Thanks for the support, the first update should be Wednesday or so :)

First Season - 2009/2010

Well, that was a complete disaster. The yellow line is where i officially took over.

screennqu.th.jpg

As you can see, the first game went well. A 2-0 win against Annan in a game which we totally dominated. However, apart from that our performances were dire.

leaguetable2n.th.jpg

We finished 5th. 1 place below the playoffs. The defeat against Montrose was shocking. We played distinctly average for such an important game. Albion Rovers was a complete fluke. We dominated from the off, and really should of put the game beyond them before the 20th minute, when of course, they opened the scoring. Another defensive disaster.

I managed to break a record, to.

shockingrecord.th.jpg

Bravo.

I can't say what went wrong since I took over. What I can say, is that very few players from this squad will be here next season. I'll be compeltely reshaping this side. Signing some new scouts (if the board will let me), scour the lower league statistics and hopefully try and get a few full time players. The next season (if I don't get the sack) will be vital for us. It may take a while for the new team to gel, but hopefully the chairman will give me time.

Another year in the Scottish Third Division, joy. However, I'm looking forward to rebuilding this squad. There's a few very good youth prospects - and the previous manager signed an amazing keeper on loan from Falkirk. If I can get him to stay on for another season, then that will be one less signing I need to make (as signing a decent keeper is tough).

Player Performances:

Best Overall Rating: Jamie Barclay (GK) barclay.th.jpg

Top Goalscorer: Stephen Lynch (ST) Won't bother linking a screeny, he won't be staying at the club for much longer.

Most Assists: Stephen Gavin (AMR/ST) Again, won't bother linking.

That's the first season over. Hopefully, the next one will be an improvement.

Archived