Four red cards in four games!

Just had my fourth player sent of in consecutive matches. This is getting rediculous, and whats more one Scott Parker got sent off twice in this little spell! At this rate I will be developing an Arsene Wenger systle referee complex. Anyone else found an excessive amount of red cards in FM10?

Nope. Could be a factor of many things. Tackling level, the player's dirtiness (hidden attribute) or just plain old luck.

I'd suggest keeping an eye on Scott Parker. If he does continue to foul like an idiot then consider continuing to fine him 2wks wages, motivate him less in team talks & make sure his takling style is easier (also set an opposition instruction on the player he''ll be marking to easy tackling).

I had a player like this who was a constant fouler with a high dirtiness attribute and doing those things worked (most of the time).

As for having 4 reds in 4 games, I'd put that down to luck more than anything.

I don't really have problems with direct red cards, but what happens to me a lot is when my player gets sent off after a second yellow for aerial challenges. Most typical flow of events: We get a corner -> corner is cleared -> my DMC and their attacker tries to win aerial challenge for cleared ball -> DMC's second yellow -> an early bath =/

Oddly, having read outtasync's post, I can't recall a single occasion with my Inter team where it HASN'T been a straight red... How strange.

Edit:

Just had my friend load the game and check, (it's a network game) I'm 3rd in the red card list and 17th on the yellow card list.

i was playing real madrid in cl i was man utd .i was 3-0 up after 30 min .rio and vidic got straight red in the space of 5 mins .i went half time 3-1 up after they scored from the spot .i bought on johnny evens at haf time then he got a straight red real got another penlty . any way real went on to win 5-3 .i was fair fed up so i turned the game off without saving after four hours of play .not very realistic in my eyes .all straight red when i went 3-0 up .bull sh*T

Too hungover to read all the posts so not sure if anyone has mentioned this. I had the problem where my players werent tackling enough so i set my midfielders and defenders to tackle hard... this then resulted in bad discipline, so i looked at the players getting booked and/or sent off the most and reduced those players to tackle easy. Seems to have solved it, but you still have to expect the odd bit of poor discipline

Yeah I get about 4 bookings on average for my team per match, tackling on normal.

That is a lot. I'm topping my league for yellow cards with 2 per game but I've only had 1 red so far after 17 games. About half my team is on hard tackling so the cards are to be expected.

• 6 months later...

Rather than starting a new thread, I thought i'd post it in here.

I don't really have a problem with excessive cards, I have my fair share, but it seems Rangers do! I don't think i've ever seen so many red cards in one game! Btw, i'm neither of the teams, this is an AI game.

Redcards.png

I bet Kilmarnock were glad they knocked that penalty in. They wouldn't want to be taunted that they couldn't beat 7 men.

To be fair, Kilmarnock played most of the match with 10 men. Rangers played 80 minutes with 11 and 90 minutes with 10 with the last 3 all sent off in injury time.

Some match though. Reminds me of Portugal v Holland at the last World Cup. :D

To be fair, Kilmarnock played most of the match with 10 men. Rangers played 80 minutes with 11 and 90 minutes with 10 with the last 3 all sent off in injury time.

Some match though. Reminds me of Portugal v Holland at the last World Cup. :D

Indeed. That was the first thought I had when I saw this. Funnily enough, after posting this and stating that I didn't have a problem with excessive cards, I had a red card 4 matches in a row!

I just had to swear at one of my players, hes my 2nd choice right winger, 1st choice is injured, Im 4-0 up with 2 minutes to go, they break from a corner and their player is through on goal, my right winger who is on the halfway lines at corners, chases the player back and hacks him down getting sent off in the process.

I know I like to keep cleansheets, Ive got the 2nd worse defense in the league, but I think I would of settled for a 4-1 win and not having to play a crap right winger in my next game lol

Archived