4-3-3 finally works

I was surprised to see that in FM10 a 4-3-3 formation actually plays like it should. For years, the whole of tactics philosophy revolved around 4-4-2. Just read the tactical theorems or something and you will immediately realise that, although it "covers" other formations, it is made for a 4-4-2.

As a result, we all struggled with 4-3-3 which is the fashionable formation nowadays.

I would like to thank FM for learning and simulating the players' movements of a 4-3-3.

Cheers!

I was surprised to see that in FM10 a 4-3-3 formation actually plays like it should. For years, the whole of tactics philosophy revolved around 4-4-2. Just read the tactical theorems or something and you will immediately realise that, although it "covers" other formations, it is made for a 4-4-2.

As a result, we all struggled with 4-3-3 which is the fashionable formation nowadays.

I would like to thank FM for learning and simulating the players' movements of a 4-3-3.

Cheers!

It works indeed, but it would be even nicer if the striker would score once in a while :-) all goals are coming from the mc + wingers.....

I'm playing a 4-1-2-3 (Standard back 4, then a DM, two CM and three up front) and my only complaint is that my "Poacher" in the FRC position plays a bit too wingerish at times, when I'd rather he take up the same positions a striker in that position would without the FCC present, as the FCC acts in more a bergkampy role, dropping deep for the ball and playing the three quarters role. Instead he seems to be more worried about getting wide, causing problems and making space for the FCC. My FCC is excelling in the role, scoring a ton as well as setting up plenty, and the team as a whole are flying, I just wish I could get my poacher playing a more poachery role. I guess the answer is less width, but I'd like my fullbacks to still get wide, as well as my FLC who is either a "total football" type player or a pacey forward who can play a more wingerish role too. I'm happy with him playing the wide game, but at the moment it plays like I have a FL FC FR rather than FCL FC FCR, and I'd be happy playing a more FL FC FCR way but with the FL drifting into FCL position as he does now.

Still, the team's flying, so I don't dare mess with it in case making my poacher more poachery messes with the balance of the forward line.

Cheers!

It's strange seeing you claim FM was based around 442. 1 striker as always worked better than any 2 striker formations since I can remember. With the changes to FM10 though this as now been corrected and a 2 striker combo can work as good as any 1 striker tactic.

Check back some of the older threads from games gone by and you'll see the majority are either a 433 or 451 variation of somekind.

Archived