A-League Expansion

ruttiger_ruttiger

Luigi: Yeh i took it down a little while ago and am about to put up a new Australia-South Korea league swap. It is for FM07. I would suggest that it will be up and ready by the end of the week. I have pretty much completed the graphics pack and am currently testing the database. There more demand there is though, the faster i work.

Jreynolds: you need to get into the editor and there should be an option to create team (make sure in options you have loaded all languages). Kits and logos require a graphics program and photoshop is the best (though quite expensive unless you can get a student discount or claim it on your tax). It has taken me about 7-9 months to gain increasing proficiency with Photoshop (self-taught) however you could take a beginner's course if you really want to jump in.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol I cant be botehred making logos and other gfx for mine. The odd looking logos that are made based on the kit I make in the editor suit me fine. I just cbf finishing my database off now until Genies Scout is released because once I start the game I will edit different players to how it makes the game more fun for me. I find it easier, quicker and simpler editing with FMM rather then the pre game editor.

Guest noclevername
Originally posted by DS:

Too many different competitions and things to swap with Austria. So back to Israel. Israel is great because not many things to swap. Can someone tell me if we need to add histories from the last season and also last positions or will it work without it? I done it in my swap in FM07 but I am to lazy to do it now so if its not necessary I wont.

I've actually just done this with 8.00, and I needed to put in the last div and pos, so I assume you do need it. Also,there is a third unplayable League below the national league, make sure to fill that with Aussie teams as well because there will be promotion/relegation from there

Other than my constant variables issues (still going on dammit) i find the u19s quite confusing. Teams seem to shift from 1 league to another, and there still seems to be Isreali teams in there, even though all isreali teams have been relocated. Still looking into this.

AIS dominate their division every year, as do most of the sports institutes.

DS I recomend getting rid of the history, just makes it a lot more fun to set all the records yourself!

noclevername - Trust me I know I was the first omne to do a swap with Israel in this thread back in FM07. The game plays without histories and last position but the u19s problem occurs which will probably be solved with last position being added.

sydfc4ever - The way the u19s work is simple. The teams from the premier league go into the u19s top divison...called group 1 I think. Then the teams from the national league go into the 2nd group. Then when a team is relegated or promoted from national league or premier league there u19s also move to the new corresponding u19s league. It worked like that on FM07. However I think due to not putting last position in I think that screwed up the u19s and so now it seems random who is in there. I guess this is why your is screwed because it wasn't right from the start. As for Israeli teams I have no idea what you done wrong and as for Institutes they will never come into my game since they are in A Lower Division and not in the 2 playable and the 3rd unplayable division.

Last week it was Wellington who announced Sony as a sponsor and now Queensland Roar have Coffe Club...so i making sure that those are right in the graphics file. Any Newcastle Jets fans out there? If so are there any rumblings about a front of shirt sponsor announcement soon? Up here in Brisbane there were rumours for a couple of weeks and a mate in NZ said the same thing to me about the Phoenix deal. Jet's are the only team without a sponsor left.

Just looking at my game there appear to be a lot of problems and I think maybe Israel wasnt to good to swap with. The managers seem to sign to many foreigners and then they cant register them all and also for some reason 1 team isnt playing its foreigners at all even though they are better then the other players.

Also I just remembered something. In FM08 the A-League teams dont get regens. I wonder if this is coded to the league or to the clubs. I think it may be to the clubs and if it is then these clubs wont get regens even if they are swapped to a different league.

I think it's working fine...was hoping to have it out today but i was made a job offer i couldn't refuse which has eaten up the past few days.

I have turned the all-star game into a charity all-star match between the Pink Ribbons (breast cancer) and Beyond Blue (depression). Second division is called the Hyundai Oz-League.

I am currently tidying up things in regard to moving New Zealand in to Asia so that there is no problem with Otago Utd etc qualifying for the Xhampions League. Was going to try moving a few of the smaller Asian nations into Oceania to compensate eg Brunei, East Timor, Philapinnes, Northern Mariana.

I was trying to create a super MLS to go with the expanded A-League but it just won't work. I tried the Canada trick and everything...downloaded some that work and still i can't replicate it.

A have a problem in 7.0.1 that someone here may have experienced. I added new teams to the A-league, played the game then saved it. When I came back to load it, theres always a crash dump. But I can load the same savegame no problems with genie scout. How can the scout load the game but FM cant load it? Anyone had this problem b4?

Hey Ruttiger, so you recomend Korea as a decent swap? The Isreal swap is giving me the sh*ts no end, and Indonesia didn't work either (that is 1 country you can't swap with evidently).

I want to build a decent Oceanic World db for 08 (having leagues for Australia, NZ, PNG, Tonga, etc) just trying to find enough compentant leagues!!

Oh, and thanks for the excellent graphics pack, it works in 08. However, I only seem to have kits, not logos. Were they included? I may have just set it up wrong.

RE: Leagues

I tried Israel for a US/Canada super league because you people gave such glowing reviews of it, but i had problems too for some reason. Korea's big advantage is that there is no relegation from the lowest national league. You could use Scotland which has a similar thing and move the scottish teams in to the English comps. I was thought about doing that for my db, but thought i would **** off a lot of people by doing that.

RE: Graphics

I'm pretty certain that i included logos with the db. The state league jerseys pack (eg Marconi, Brisbane Strikers, Adelaide City) didn't though. I think the expansion database had two folder in the zip one was the db folder, the other was called graphics and then sub foldered the logos and jerseys.

I as of yet haven't even played the 08 demo, so i really can't resolve any compatibility issues. When i put the db up for download i will make the graphics pack a seperate download. There are new sponsors for Welly and Roar, and the expansion graphics this time are better because i am learning more about photoshop everyday. I am doing my best to get this thing out asap.

I dont know why you had a problem with Israel using FM07. Worked fine for me in FM07. But in FM08 its ****ed. However I cbf starting again. I really should have saved a different copy after creating the teams...before I swapped. Can someone who has successfully swapped the Aussie League in FM08 confirm whether the old A-League clubs like Melbourne Victory and Sydney FC make regens? Or will we have to delete them and remake them?

I have a question...do you guys swap the state leagues to the new country as well. Like if you swap Australia with Korea do you make all the state leagues Korean? I have been doing that in my swaps because I thought it was necessary for it to work properly.

i found that none of the a-league clubs got regens. all my youth players went to the sports institutes, regardless of whether they were linked or not! it really sh*ts me!!

i want this to work so badly, i'm thinking about ditching all the a-league teams for my new aussie league, simply renaming them and having them as kiwi clubs or something similar and just use the state teams.

yeah, i always relocated the state leagues as isreali or whatever i made them, otherwise the foreign teams are considered part of australia and will sign all the good players, plus young aussies will often turn out for isreal and vice-versa.

this really is a lot of work, but i hope i can get it work well shortly, thanks to new patch i'm actually playing the game now!

although, bridges isn't at sydney in the patch! another db where i had to go straight to the editor to make it correct!

Just looking at the editor Slovakia looks like a good one to swap with. Got some info from a league guide on a FM wiki but its very outdated and it doesn't have a lot if info. It says 22 + 14 matchdays. So I understand the 22 would be the home and away but I dont know what that extra 14 is. Cant find any info on the net. Maybe I will actually have to play it to see. Also foreigner rules aren't bad. 4 non Eu-players. So I will just add Australia and NZ to EU and then the aussie teams will probably all get filled with EU players which I dont mind to much. As long as there is at least 8 or so aussies in the 18 man match squads.

Actually it is not a bad idea to just remove the A-League teams and not add any new teams and just use state league teams. Makes it all a lot simpler.

As for South Korea they have a high school and university league with like heaps of teams in each so that makes me not want to swap with them because then we have to fill those 2 leagues up somehow.

As for South Korea they have a high school and university league with like heaps of teams in each so that makes me not want to swap with them because then we have to fill those 2 leagues up somehow.

i knew there was a reason i didn't use korea!

i was looking at more of the south american nations (peru or uruguay) as i don't generally run them anyway. So, I might even go the whole deal and replace Peru, Uruguay, and Chilie with Australia, NZ, and Oceanic league (not in that order!)

does that mean i won't be able to play it????

on FM06 OR FM08?

That's right mate. Ruttiger works solely on 07 for his dbs and graphics packs (grab them mate, they're great and work fine with 08). DS and myself work on 08 now, as far I know we both are also using the patched versions.

I had a good DB for one of the old patches...

It wasnt finished but I had a twelve team A-League, and the NZ League was playable too (in A-League format)...

A-League had the current 8, plus Gold Coast, Geelong, Townsville and Illawarra...

I think 14 would be the perfect number..Any leagues out there with 14? Id like the above 12, plus West Sydney and Canberra...

Then, Id also like a second division...with the old NSL sides, that are now in the State Leagues..Sydney Utd, Melbourne Knights, Sydney Olympic, Marconi, South Melbourne, Brisbane Strikers, Adelaide City...Did I miss any? And a few other high performing state League sides...Finally, Id like a south pacific competition...with a couple of pacific island teams (Fiji and Solomons probably), a few combined teams, out of Tonga/Samoa and Tahiti/Vanuatu (combine current NT playesr from both in starting squads), AIS, NSWIS, QAS, VIS, SASI, and WASI, plus maybe a couple of NZ sides...

I still dont know why I ever uninstalled fm07. FM08 is full of bugs and a ******** match engine where you cant get a 4-4-2 tactic to work. Have to play like 3-5-1 or other tactics with one striker.

Try using a 4-2-1-2-1, I've been using it since early days and it works best on 08 (27 games unbeaten with Liverpool so far).

You have a flat back four with the wide backs getting forward during attack, 2DMs who must be fast coz they also push up during an attack to take shots, but are also used as extra defenders, a centre mid that can control the game, AML/AMR that are great at crossing and inside runs, and finally a ST who can hold up the ball when needed and can give it one hell of hit on other times. I'll see if I can upload my tactic tomorrow if you like.

Well you see that the problem. In the tactics forum there are many tactics with 1 striker. Thats not how I want to play. I want to play either a normal 4-4-2 or a diamond 4-4-2. I would even consider other tactics that have 2 strikers like some form of 3-5-2. The match engine really is broken in FM08 but if I go back to FM07 it feels like I wasted my money on FM08.

I always liked playing with a physically strong, big, fit striker and then two outrageously attacking wingers. I've done it for years through many incarnations of the game and i always found with any configuration that one striker with a lot of midfield support always seemed to work best even if it meant playing something weird like a 3-1-3-2-1 or once i even ran a succesful centralised 2-3-2-2-1.

My best suggestion would be to fine tune all the player mentalities, runs, passing styles etc. precisely to acheive what you want. And to give it a good month for the team to adapt the formation, don't be too harsh on them in team talks (just quietly drop players rather than blasting them). If in the off-season go on tour to some exotic location and work on the formation away from the stress of competition in Africa or South America (make the friendly's have extra time to make sure you can give all your benchies a decent run too).

Ruttiger, about 6 weeks into my game with the Korean database it crashed on me. It may have something to do with running the Belgium leagues aswell as the English and Australian.

Which leagues did you run if you tested it?

(I did start in Australia Feb 2007)

i am editing in FM06

i made my own A-League expansion

i used the Uruguayan leages for exchanging.

everything seems to work fine until match day. "Go To Match" button won't work. I went on holiday just to see if it worked without me and it did. I tried to see the match stats by clicking on the score (this usually goes to another screen showing the goalscorers etc.) and again nothing happened. I then decided to look at my teams fixtures. And there is none. All of the teams in the League have no fixtures which would explain why match day wouldnt work etc. but how?

i am new to editing and i am stuck i have spent a while on this project and i dont want it to go to waste.

please help me

also... was wondering why when i added teams to the a-league, i wasn not able to select australia as a playable country when i started a new game.

can anyone explain why this is the case and how to get around it?

Soupaman - i tested it with Australia with South Korea and (again with) England and (again with) Scotland and again with United States but i didn't touch anything to do with Belgium's competition so i'm unsure on that mate.

thisismeandnotyou - if you are referring to the method described on the first page then it will only work on Fm07 and only on the 7.0.1 patch, i have no idea why.

Incidentally, I think FM06 on the original database had Townsville FC and Wollongong United but they just floated without a comp (but you could play friendlies against them). This sorta makes sense because i have done some solid research on the subject and the initial indications in 2004 were that the comp would be a minimum of ten teams...i think that the financial reality was that business were sceptical to support it until they were sure the public would. That has now happened i would suggest. But for the first few years all the clubs (i think) have turned in losses from the operation of the A-League club (i think that a few have gaming revenues through licensed premises like with Qld Roar and Qld Lions to absorb the costs). The New Zealand Knights collapsed financially their results were just kinda a by-product of that.

also forgot to add that I can organize friendly's on the day that i have a match on and everything works fine...seems to be a problem which fixtures when exchanging leagues to you have to organze the teams fixtures yourself?????

if you don't i am stuck and very angry at FM06

I tried a new game to check out the crash problem and it happened to me...which is strange because i spent ages testing it. This is extremely disapointing and i will take stock before deciding on the next move.

The 7.0.1 method was easily the most painless and acheives everything i kinda want. The only problem is the bugs with that version of the game. Or i guess i could go back to the previous swap with Singapore.

I tried fixing it, then i dropped my laptop on my toe. Laptop is fine, toe is not. So i've been kinda prejudice against the whole thing for a day or so.

Will hop back on that horse tommorrow and see what i can do about this hitch. I do know that there was minimal television coverage which may tie into the odds thing. Although i think the one i ran the other day that crashed after the first game o fthe season against Perth (which i think was March), i thought it might be to do with the FFA Cup (as I have called it, originally the Korea FA Cup).

Okay, I tidied up a few things and it has run further than the first game of the year. I'm not sure what the go is. Curiously soupaman, what team were you playing as? It may have something to do with the fact that several of the existing a-league teams begin above the foriegn quota limit. Oh well, i will test it a few times with different teams just to be sure (i just tested with Tasmania without issue, but i was Qld Roar when i did it the other day and it crashed). I will also update the rosters for the new release including Milicic out of Qld, Ward in to Victory and i think Sydney FC signed a new guy the other day.

I cant even be bothered playing FM any more until another patch. FM08 sucks so much. You guys are lucky that didnt buy it. Its full of bugs.

Anyway got no time to make a good Aussie DB now cause I am making a computer game now.

I'm kind of disinterested at the moment. Its a brilliant game but its very frustrating when it keeps crashing at the start of the season. I spent half the day today editing my FM06 database to include this years AFL draftees (I have made a database where all 16 Australian Football Clubs (Aussie Rules) with their complete lists are in the English Championship).

It took me ages (700+ players) and when I played it I realised how different FM06 is to FM07, and that i couldn't really be bothered.

Originally posted by DS:

I cant even be bothered playing FM any more until another patch. FM08 sucks so much. You guys are lucky that didnt buy it. Its full of bugs.

Anyway got no time to make a good Aussie DB now cause I am making a computer game now.

Just out of curiousity what king of game are you making?

Archived