A-League Expansion

ruttiger_ruttiger

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be incredibly difficult to follow the A-League without Foxtel...as the A-League is the topic of the forum...although i suppose one could always go down to the local club/pub or a mate's place...but then you miss the recap show on Thursday night where Robbie Slater gloats about getting something right, or denies the original comment when he predicts something wrong.

SBS shows one game at 6:30 am (in sydney) and I ESPN do the same but they show full replays of most if not all of the other games. They also show the Champions League Magazine show which has highlights but I'm not sure when that's on. Whether you could find a place where its streamed over the internet I'm not sure.

thanks guys

foxtel isnt installed until next monday and sbs i cant get on our digital box because the reception is poor here in carseldine

sounds like espn will be the one for me when it arrives

Slowly but surely i am compiling the larger fm07 australia database...have added quite a few new zealand players thanks to the NZFC website which lists DOB's and positions. The QSL is very slowly, but surely, adding all this info for their webpage...i think they have 5 of the 10 teams up with the others still to come. Just thought i would let people know who were interested. The time isn't bothering me because the A-League teams are signing new players at about 3 or 4 a week cumulatively so the longer it takes the better the db will be. It will then be of good use for league swaps in future. Still eyeing off Singapore, and rigging the reputations and facilities of teams to ensure that only a handful of teams can really be promoted from the lower league (i just can't stand it when the state league teams get promoted but i can nearly always ensure that Galaxy, Thunder, Wollongong, Canberra could be)

I was perusing a few of the topics on here, and i believe that a piece of info i found has corrected the problem with the old K-League, which was crashing upon re-load...will give it some more testing and then decide what to do again. But it has survived being loaded once, so i will take the game in deeper (ie a later date) and see if it works again. If so, i am unsure what i will do with the new league...but since it is almost complete, i may do a new swap with the new db. Will keep you all posted.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still working on it for FM07...I have all but one QSL team now entered in the db with players and everything. The official QSL website where i am sourcing the info is really slow on updating the players, so i expect the last team (Logan Utd) to be updated next week probably. I am constantly checking the A-League teams and updating their squads as well (also added some NZ changes and some Japanese players based off Wikipedia to boost their numbers a bit). I even added the Aussie goalie from NY Red Bulls who wasn't in the shell i am working from. It will be good to play again, as i have been holding off because i didn't want to start a game and then go back, re-edit with new data, and then start again.

On another note, i have been playing around with a whole heap of swaps, just trying things etc...did USA and Scotland (didn't work), USA and Korea (didn't work), a three way USA into Singapore into Australia into USA swap (worked fine, no crashes but the Aussies then have the prob of the restricted transfer rules in MLS). I wish it wasn't so difficult to add those few extra teams while also maintaining NO possibility of state league teams getting promoted (it's that whole maintaining the purity of the A-League thing i am obsessed with). Will keep tinkering away though with different leagues and settings. I even tested adding youth teams to the A-League to represent the new National Youth League, which seemed to work okayish on holiday, but would have to test more through actual gameplay.

Finally, any body who can help with providing player info for some state league teams would be great. Especially interested in Parramatta, Penrith-Nepean, St George and MacCarthur Rams in NSW. North Coburg and Western Suburbs in VIC, as these would be the easiest to source i imagine. I have pretty much abandoned any hope of getting info on Newcastle local league and Northern Territory though, which is a shame, because i really wanted to add them in there. I just wanted to make the scouting a little more like real-life where a gem could come from anywhere (Frank Farina was originally from Darwin, i do believe, but i may be wrong).

That is all, i hope people are still checking this topic out. It was incredibly popular there for a while...maybe it's jsut cuz it's the off-season.

hey ruttiger it's good to see you're still building a super aussie db, i'd love to get a copy of it if possible.

i'll see what i can about getting some info on the nsw teams, i know some people affiliated with the Parramatta and Macarthur teams so i'll let you know.

Thanks mate. It seems that a few A-League teams will be announcing new signings in the coming weeks, but i can't keep putting it off until the new season. So i will have to set a date to that will be the cut-off for the A-League teams. I bumped up the potential ability of those listed in the FourFourTwo best players outside the A-League as well, which i didn't mention before.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

is anyone else having trouble with even the non a-league clubs not producing youth teams?

just did a swap with the belgian league which works fine, however there doesn't seem to be any players in the U21s or U19s and it's really starting to annoy me!!

just about to move my oceanic league into isreal as well, and i'm a bit curious, as i have multiple nations represented am i better off making them all have the nation of NZ with a stadium in their home nation so as regens have that nationality or should i set their nation to their home country as well? i'm curious about citizenship, i want players who play at Suva City to be Fijian after a couple of years, not kiwi. any advice?

I think all the Countries will have to have NZ nationality but since 8.02 regens are determined by stadium location and not by club nationality so if a club that plays in Fiji has NZ nationality they will still make Fijian regens.

Also the game isnt going to make regens to fit in the u19 and u21 teams when the game starts. Regens are only created for a club when they have no players at all or only a few players.

I think all the Countries will have to have NZ nationality but since 8.02 regens are determined by stadium location and not by club nationality so if a club that plays in Fiji has NZ nationality they will still make Fijian regens.

Also the game isnt going to make regens to fit in the u19 and u21 teams when the game starts. Regens are only created for a club when they have no players at all or only a few players

i've been told that a few times about the stadium locale determining the regens but i'm yet to put it to the test, what i'm more worried about is the dual citizenship. it Suva City sign a Brazilian what i want is for him to be Brazlian/Fijian in a couple of years, not Brazilian/Kiwi. this works at present coz Suva City has a nationaility of Fijian (since it doesn't matter too much when using the A-league as a base)

also with the regens, i know that clubs won't produce them at first, i've holidayed the game to 2040 to make sure it works and there are still no youth teams anywhere, it's very annoying!

But there are still youth players being created? I think due to the original nubmer of players not being enouhg then enough regens wont be made to fill youth teams also.

Also I am pretty sure the dual nationality is also from stadium location.

I think it depends on the players loaded TBH. Like there would be a lot more players loaded from the league's nationality then the stadium location country so you would expect more regens from that country in the game and so that club would receive those regens. Just a theory...

i think the regen nationalities in 8.0.2 are a bit screwed up tbh, it doesn't seem to care what feeder clubs you have, your nationailty, your staffs, or your knowledge, it just gives me kids from that leagues home.

i tested this a bit by placing Auckland City into my APL game. i made their nationality NZ, their stadium is already NZ, holidayed it for the season and took over soon before the start of the new year, made my nationality kiwi as well (the old manager was kiwi), the staff was mostly kiwi, the squad majority, you guessed it: kiwi and all feeder clubs were oceanic bar one (Den Utd from Qld), yet all bar 3 kids that came through were Aussie!!!! the others were 2 kiwi and 1 fijian!! this is really annoying!

surely this team should've created basically all NZ youth, not aussie.

Originally posted by sydfc4ever:

i think the regen nationalities in 8.0.2 are a bit screwed up tbh, it doesn't seem to care what feeder clubs you have, your nationailty, your staffs, or your knowledge, it just gives me kids from that leagues home.

i tested this a bit by placing Auckland City into my APL game. i made their nationality NZ, their stadium is already NZ, holidayed it for the season and took over soon before the start of the new year, made my nationality kiwi as well (the old manager was kiwi), the staff was mostly kiwi, the squad majority, you guessed it: kiwi and all feeder clubs were oceanic bar one (Den Utd from Qld), yet all bar 3 kids that came through were Aussie!!!! the others were 2 kiwi and 1 fijian!! this is really annoying!

surely this team should've created basically all NZ youth, not aussie.

Try load all players from NZ and then see how many NZ regens they get. You should see a lot more NZ regens come through and that would mean its working fine but if no then something is wrong. You cant expect to get lot of NZ regens when there arent a lot of NZ players loaded.

Originally posted by DS:

C.Jennigns thats a league swap yeah? Upload if it is successful. Did you delete and recreate the real A-League teams so that they can produce regens?

Nar, all clubs (including NQ thunder and FC wollongong etc etc have to get there youths through the institutes.)

When it comes to Australian football im a total purist so i can't stand seeing regens from CCM..

I have a range of clubs in div 2 with a few from around Oceania...

my biggest problem atm is one of the cups continuely gets played at Millenium stadium with Cardiff, Swansea etc in it. im considering ditched that cup tho. Still trying to ad a few adjustments and see what i can do. i have a NZ league swapped with Singapore in that db aswell but i keep crashing around 2010.

tbh that was my biggest question.

it seems they just dont!

i'll run a few tests now, and then i'll try and upload the db onto filefront before i go away for the week.

Its working like a charm except for one of the cups still have Welsh teams aswell as Australian teams in it.

So there's

A-league (18 team comp)

FA cup (Works well)

League cup (i think thats just A-league teams)

Jonny Warren Cup (the one thats messed up atm)

Cheers.

So no luck fixing that? Upload it when you can because I cant be bothered playing my game with official DB anymore where players really dont develop in the A-League due to league reputation only 10 and only 21 games per season. I could increase the league reputation but no point with only 21 games per season and salary cap and all of that.

slightly off-topic but did anyone else see foxsports total football program on thursday night, as a relative novice to aussie football i found it very interesting and it gave a good outlook of what the future football has in this country.

Although i must say i disagreed with the order and lack of a Ronaldo free kick and Reinaldo's Sydney finals goal. icon_razz.gif

Off topic

It looks like Victory are just going to use VIS players for there youth team so a few youngster from there might end up getting a chance in the senior Victory team.

On topic

I think I might delete the A-League teams and create a new league with just state league teams.

ok, this is driving me nuts!!

not a single australian team are creating any damn regens at all!! all youth players go to the sports institutes, you can then go there and sign them for free but it's stupid and pointless.

going to try building the league the same way people get around a similar US bug and make the Australian Premier League based in New Zealand. hopefully that will work.

Originally posted by BP_Doosra:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by worm:

not sure about the champions league teams, does that start the 2nd season or the first as im 2/3 of way through the first. Australia does have a coefficient of 3 CL teams if i remember.

One interesting thing i have found is if you click richest clubs in the world not just in Australia then AIS (Australian Institute of Sport) are valued at £1.62 Billion

I gave the AIS a huge stadium, decent rep and a few other things all in the name of developing good youngsters.

As for Champions League teams I think they start in the second season but I'm not entirely sure if it's perfect because a few of the other swaps I've done putting Australia into Europe it ends up with some teams in the European champions league and some in the Asian champions league but hopefully the version I uploaded only does Europe after season 1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I downloaded the swap that you posted but unfortunately you have uploaded one that has the 1st two teams qualify for ACL and 3rd - 5th UCL. Could you upload the one that qualifies for europe only? it would be greatly appreciated. Or if not, perhaps tell me how/if i could change the one you have already uploaded to fix this.

Originally posted by 23drd23:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BP_Doosra:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by worm:

not sure about the champions league teams, does that start the 2nd season or the first as im 2/3 of way through the first. Australia does have a coefficient of 3 CL teams if i remember.

One interesting thing i have found is if you click richest clubs in the world not just in Australia then AIS (Australian Institute of Sport) are valued at £1.62 Billion

I gave the AIS a huge stadium, decent rep and a few other things all in the name of developing good youngsters.

As for Champions League teams I think they start in the second season but I'm not entirely sure if it's perfect because a few of the other swaps I've done putting Australia into Europe it ends up with some teams in the European champions league and some in the Asian champions league but hopefully the version I uploaded only does Europe after season 1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I downloaded the swap that you posted but unfortunately you have uploaded one that has the 1st two teams qualify for ACL and 3rd - 5th UCL. Could you upload the one that qualifies for europe only? it would be greatly appreciated. Or if not, perhaps tell me how/if i could change the one you have already uploaded to fix this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that I think about it I'm not sure if there is a version where they only qualify for Europe. I thought the one on the last page might do it but apparently not. I'll probably try another one sometime in the next few weeks but until then you can always try changing some things in the editor such as any continental competitions for individual teams, EU coefficients and so on.

Hopefully something there should do it.

If not just let us know and I'll fast track my latest league swap, in which I'll have another go at fixing European qualification as well as trying to solve the regen issue.

Sorry, been a while people...i am intending to release two FM2007 updates in the next week. One will be a standard update with all Australian movements accounted for (ie Schwarzer to Fulham, Kewell and Troisi released, Aloisi to Sydney FC etc.). The second will be a db i have been playing around with for a while which will be the 7.0.1 method at the start of this topic with Gold Coast and Knights in an expanded league (this is because i can include GC in the Australian cup and then have two NZ teams that are excluded from it). This second db will also include Rangers and Celtic in premier league, and (hopefully) Israel moved into Asia (as per mentioned on another topic i started. I think June 3 at the moment for the release of the first db...a day or two later for the second.

It also includes added media sources and minor data fixes for stadia capacities, city populations, 6 letter abbreviations etc.

Just thought i would give people an update.

NEws is they might have a pacific islands team in the A-League. I didnt think it would happen before but since they will have promotion and relegation they would have at least 20 teams so I think a pacific team would be good, maybe they could get one from Indonesia, Malaysia or Singapore as well.

Will be interesting to see if they go to 10 or to 12 teams for 09-10. I was thinking 10 was better and then increase to 12 a year or 2 later but now that we have to have a second division in a few years there isnt much time. I think 2 divisions of 12 teams is the best and I think thats how the FFA may do it so if we dont go to 12 for 09-10 then they would have to have 12 for 10-11 and then they would probably have to make 12 new teams at once for the second division.

They could always make there a possibility of promotion with incredibly difficult requirements eg a 20,000 seat stadium, over 7500 members, no ethnic affiliation. Then even if a team did come first in a second division, it would be unable to make the jump...kinda like the situation in the K-League.

You can expand it but there's a few issues to do with regens produced and also with the teams always going into the Asian Champions League even if you set Australia as European. The second issue I may have a fix to but the first one is still causing some trouble. Look on the 2nd last page and you should find a few expansions but they're not perfect.

Well I am sure most people would want Australia to remain in Asia so the 2nd problem isnt really a problem for most people. The real problem is that even created clubs arent making regens.

hi guys,

thought i'd post that i've lost ALL my edited dbs, my hard drive has gone the way of the Sydney Kings.

My new computer won't be up and running till Sunday so it looks like i have a lot of work to do again!

then again, with the regen issue giving me the s**ts no end i may just go back to 07 when i'm back playing.

nothing new really to add, just wanted to bring this back to the front page!!

it was a great discussion for a while there, and with the a-league season 4 about to begin probably will be popular again.

On my front, i'm about to download Version 7.0.1 so I can use Ruttigers was of putting a couple of extra teams in the a-league.

just a quick questions Ruttiger, what happens with the ACL qualifying? By this I mean, if you win the ACL you automatically qualify for the next one, and if you also win the league and the GF and the same team finishes 2nd in the league and looses the gf at present the winner of the Australian Cup goes through, what happens if i add extra teams (thereby killing the Australian Cup)? just a thought.

the last time i did it, the australian cup didn't die and i can't remember how i originalyl did that. So last time i added NZ Knights and Phoenix, and replaced the existing Phoenix with GC United, thus only Australian teams could play in the cup and pre-season cup. Not perfect but, good enough solution. Otherwise it all worked the same as with 8 teams.

Meanwhile i am still working on some swap ideas. And keeping a pretty up to date db, with latest Aussie transfers. Was playing the game for the past week (i know, shock-horror), but since my world cup qualification bid with Canada died in a playoff against Paraguay last night i will now get back to some more editing.

I still can't understand why the Korea swap didn't work, as that would be a perfect league for a two tier A-League. If someone wants to try it for themselves then that would be appreciated. I have also had problems with swapping with Iceland. Although i succesfully swapped with the USA/MLS, but then you have the silly draft rules, which can be a pain.

Is anyone trying any expanded A-League swaps with FM07 still??? I am still having problems, this time with Indonesia, i am still looking for a good league. But i want to create a league without any old NSL teams/ethnic affiliations which involves creating new team names etc. If anyone succeeds, my photoshop skills are up to scratch to create jerseys and logos so it could be collaborative. The big problem, coming up with a reasonable number of teams to populate some of the mid sized leagues (ie i can't get beyond three teams in Sydney and Melbourne and NZ, two in Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and then one per major regional centre inc Singapore and Oceania) If anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated. if i could get 42 teams then i could give scotland a go.

Hey Ruttiger I wouldn't bother with Indonesia or India, I have tried their leagues a couple of times with no luck.

I just expanded my a-league to 14 teams (via your methods) and it's working fantastic, but I'm cr*p at graphics so i don't have any kits or logos etc.

I'll see if i can come up with some teams, names, and colour strips if you want.

What do you have so far?

I think we need more than 42 teams for Scotland becuase of the lower leagues.

Archived