RELEASED: Updated Malta and Gozo Leagues

Mons

The text below was for the equivalent FM10 release. We are now working on the FM11 update and hope to have it out by the 20th of the month. Visit our Facebook fan page for regular updates.

Proudly announcing the re-release of the updated Maltese and Gozitan leagues, as previously released in here. Credit to Alan A Wadge for his initial work.

Download it from this link. This goes in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data

You can also download logos for all Maltese and Gozitan clubs and all competitions from here. Some of the logos were done by kremmen in his excellent logo mega-pack, from which they have been extracted. The rest are my work, with some help from Alan A Wadge. These go in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics

You can also download a face-pack including a good number of Maltese and Malta-based players from here. Credit goes to the guys at the FMG live forums for this, I am merely directing to the link for whoever wishes to download it to enhance their game. Again, this goes in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics

- This update adds a major lower-league squad upheaval, including some missing transfers from the initial update and creating many, many new players.

- Backroom staff has been added for all bar 6 teams, thus avoiding regen managers taking over unnecessarily.

- It also fixes some financial issues with the initial release, adds correct club kits for ALL Maltese teams, tweaks and lowers attendances to reflect more closely real-life and adds some youth stadiums for more accurate simulation.

- I have tweaked some competition rules and start and end dates to reflect real-life more closely, as well as club reputations.

- I have also added competition histories, as well as tweaked the foreigner transfer probability for more realism further down the line.

- There's probably more stuff I did which I can't remember right now, it's been a real labour of love :)

This update also includes a comprehensive international transfer update, correct up to 7.11.2009, including transfers and staff movement since release date. Some info I gleaned from the data issues forum and others from browsing the net. I especially paid attention to players on a free transfer so I'd move them to a new club when applicable.

Guaranteed to work till 2014 since a holiday game progressed to there as can be seen by the following screenshots:

BankofVallettaPremierLeague-3.png

BankofVallettaPremierLeague-2.png

Thanks go to bobatwal for starting the initial thread, infonote for technical help, sfleri for lower-league backroom staff info and Alan A Wadge for support and database assistance.

Hope the link to the download in The Official Created Competition Discussion & Download Thread will be updated accordingly.

Seven known issues of varying magnitude are:

* Due to editor restrictions, top-flight points are not divided in half after the midway split as in real-life but continue as before. :(

* The 2nd Division, 3rd Division 5-team playoff could not be implemented, again due to editor restrictions. I've amended it to a simpler two relegated from D2 and the champion promoted from each section of D3.

* There appears to be an occasional clash between a Premier League match and the national team due to the composition of the championship itself which is all played at Ta' Qali and thus moved around on different days due to clashes.

* Where applicable, I have changed the home-grown impositions in real-life to foreigner restrictions in-game due to the failure of the game/editor to recognise certain players (especially created players) as home-grown, thus distorting match-day squads.

* Gozo FC has been intentionally left empty due to the difficulties in representing it realistically in the Maltese league system.

* There appears to be an issue with squad registration Any players signed between transfer windows and any players not registered in time will not be eligible to play.

* I have set Melita and other minor lower-league teams as semi-pro rather than amateur to prevent 'easy' and cheap poaching of contracted players since the game doesn't really cater for amateur clubs and their special status irl

Since some lower-league teams have been scarcely populated, I hereby give permission to anybody to add to this update should they desire on the basis that he does not take credit for the whole unit as his sole work. There's plenty more info on the 'net about missing teams/players, but I just couldn't bring myself to keep including ALL the teams' players - it'd have taken me all year long...

Don't hesitate to enquire about any issues you might have.

21-11: Update download link. Included a handful of missing transfer, some financial issues with backroom staff earning too much, added a number of players and tweaked kits including proper gk kits where available.

There was an error in the first release : Zebbug Rangers (Malta league 2 Div) and Zebbug Rovers (Gozo league) where swapped. Has this been fixed?

Yes, they are now in the respective correct divisions.

What about the promotion/relegation system after couple of seasons? Don't the teams from Gozo and Malta mix up in the second div.?

Nope, like irl you can't get 'promoted' from the Gozitan league to the Maltese league nor 'relegated' the other way round.

This update also includes a comprehensive international transfer update, correct up to 7.11.2009, including transfers and staff movement since release date. Some info I gleaned from the data issues forum and others from browsing the net. I especially paid attention to players on a free transfer so I'd move them to a new club when applicable.

Mons other things are good but why you did this because with that it could be uncompatible with intial database releases will be made 10.2 and 10.3 ... And it could be bad. Plus if you wanted to do it you could release with another separete xml...

St. George's FC is paying 100% of the gate receipts for the rent of the stadium. Is this a mistake?

Edit:

Okay it seems all clubs pay 100% in rent?

All clubs which are not custom-created don't actually. I think it's an uneditable setting given by the researcher.

In Malta, clubs do not have a 'home' stadium. In fact, they play the whole championship on a 'home' and 'away' basis at a number of stadium depending on the level they're in. So Premier League teams play at Ta' Qali, First Division at Hibernians Ground etc etc, with the MFA taking the gate receipts. So this is what I imagine that feature is supposed to simulate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I found a small bug in the system.

I am playing Swieqi Utd. In the first season (did not gain promotion) I was in the 3rd Division Section B while I am now in 3rd Division section B.

Is it a bug or is this how the system works in local leagues?

Thanks for the great work.

• 2 months later...
I think I found a small bug in the system.

I am playing Swieqi Utd. In the first season (did not gain promotion) I was in the 3rd Division Section B while I am now in 3rd Division section B.

Is it a bug or is this how the system works in local leagues?

Thanks for the great work.

Can you elaborate a bit more? Before you were in the 3rd Div section B and this year which division are you in? Sorry but I didn't really understand you!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great Database Here Mons!!!

Just finished my first season with Floriana taking the Title then managed to get to the Third Qualifying Round of the champions league against Standard and a last minute goal away at there place put me out (94th minute there was only 93 mins meant to be played) otherwise it would have been mine on away goals, either way i lost.

Money seems to be the problem at the moment inless i somehow break into europe or sell a player for lots of Cash, im like always in the red and im sticking to my wage budget.

Have you managed to turn any team profesional? I think my hope is going profesional and getting my own stadium in the future........

it's hard to have a stadium of your own.

On my save with Birkirkara I managed to win the league arriving on level points with Valletta, but one through better direct clashes.

I managed to sign aone of the best Maltese youngsters (Tyrone Farrugia) and also managed to get Anderson Mendes Ribeiro (Tarxien) and Alfred Effiong (Qormi) for the new season and it started off with a high, where I was beaten in the Third Round of the Champions League by Red Bull Salzburg, yet I found myself in the group stages of Europe League and I was drawn with Seville (Spain), Cluj (Romania) and Kaunas (Lithuania).

Who were your signings?

Oh and btw to manage to turn a club into a professional, the easiest way is the offer all your players a Professional Contract. It's hard but you can manage it.

Yea i think that's a long dream away is my own stadium.

First Season i took the league by 8 points on 54, Second Season I took it by 12 on 61 points.

My First season i signed Gauci (Free), Farrugia (Birzebbuga SP), Noel Borg (Free), Marco Muscat (Xghajra T). They was mainly to bolster my squad my star players for the season i was luckily to already have was Akanni-Sunday Wasiu 16 Goals in 28 Games. Stefan Lijeskic, Pablo Doffo, Brian Said & my goalie Owen Bugeja.

Second Season i signed Chirchop (Tarxien), Mende Riberio (Tarxien), Galea (St Georges) backup keeper.

Started my third season signed Holland (Hamrun S), Dimech (Valetta), Busuttil (Hamrun S) & the coup Player/Ass Man Marcus Allback Costing me 325 a week on wages.

Got knocked out the Champions League 2nd Round Qual against Vojvodina we should have won but didn't! Goalie gave the ball away and it all went down hilll at home!

So its another season of maintaing domestic domination.

Just signed 7 coaches and more scouts wihch has rocketed my staff wages and im going swiftly into debt it's really hard staying afloat in malta, Got my kit sponsorship renewed at 216K a season which is good.

I made some part time scheds which are basic for gk,def,mid & att which seem to be working really well for me (i can upload if you want them).

My wage bill would be stupid high if i offered all my players pro contracts the board would sack me i think. Congrats on the Europa League though that should secure you financially for a while! I've never even touched maltese football before this save but really enjoying it just wish i could break that european barrier and hit some group stages and get some MONEY!

I'm glad you are enjoying your career with our Maltese Database update. Keep the stories coming :)

@jmgrima - I wouldn't release an update with the new regulations for fm10 because in season 09/10 (the starting season for FM10) the regulations were as they are in our update. I will however include them in the update for FM11 should I do one!

Thanks for all your nice comments!

Alan Abela-Wadge

Media Director

Msida St. Joseph Fooball Club

www.msidastjoseph.com

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Alan A Wadge. :thup: Just trying it out now.

Just to clear something up that I am confused about, there are five leagues here with the bottom two leagues being the Gozo leagues, right? But there is no promotion and relegation between the Malta and Gozo leagues? Do the Gozo leagues need to be selected when starting a save?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

as I saw that Xewkija Tigers in the Gozitan League were not properly updated, here is a complete list of the 2010/11 players for FM 2011...in brackets are the dobs of the players:

President: Jeffrey Farrugia

Coach: Mario Bonello

Rivals: Sannat Lions / Ghajnsielem

GKS: Jonathan Xuereb (1978), Joseph Grima (1985), John Xerri (1984)

Defenders: John Vella (1978), Josmar Vella (1990), Josmar Azzopardi (1990), Patrick Camilleri (1980), Eric Saliba (1975), Josef Xerri (1981)

Midfielder: Joseph Azzopardi (1985), Shaun Mizzi (1986), Andreas Fotso (1984), Paul Rapa (1990), Manuel Xerri (1991), Joseph Cefai (1985), Philip Mizzi (1993), Basil Chibueze (1983)

Attackers: Christian Bugeja (1985), Rodney Buttigieg (1990), Mark Camilleri (1983), Kiril Dyakov (1979), Clayton Hili (1991)

http://xewkijatigersfc.com/jm2/index.php/team

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's not surprising it doesn't work as it's an FM10 file AND there were plenty of (potentially conflicting) data changes.

Progress on the file is ongoing and I am aiming for release either late this week or early next week.

Archived