Role for 4 midfielder for Ancelotti Chelsea diamond midfield ?

----------DM----------

-----CM-------CM-----

----------AM----------

I will change my whole midfield start of the game. I know we can see what important attributes for certain position. My prob is I not sure what is suitable role and duty for midfield in this formation.They are too many to pick.

DM - Anchor Man, Def Mid, Deep Play

CM - Deep Play, Cen Mid, Ball Winning, Box-box, Adv play

AM - Inside Fow, Attc Mid, Adv Play, Trequarista

DM will be either Anchor Man or Defensive Midfielder. Chelsea don't have a DM suitable to play as a Deep Lying Playmaker.

The roles really depend a lot on which players you intend to use - Chelsea have many midfielders.

What diamond is your first choice?

Well tell me which you players you will use in the 2 CM and AM. :)

It depends entirely on the player.

I already say I want to change my whole midfield. I doesn't matter who gonna play now. I need to know the role and duty first. Then I will buy all 4 new midfield based on that role & duty. I have quite big transfer budget

Oh, okay. So you will not be using Chelsea's midfield?

Do you just want the ideal combination of roles/duties?

Maybe someone else can help because i don't use the wizard so couldn't be sure which combination's work well for people.

You want it to be based on Chelsea's style?

I would say:

DM - Defensive Midfielder, Support [Essien]

MCR - Advanced Playmaker, Attack [Deco]

MCL - Box-To-Box Midfielder, Support OR Ball Winning Midfielder, Support [ballack]

AMC - Trequartista, Attack [Lampard]

That's what I'd think, at least. I don't really like how it's set up, but I think that's how Chelsea seem to play IRL. Lampard could be classed just as an Attacking Midfielder, Attack I suppose. I'm not too sure.

I don't think Lampard is a Trequartista...in the role of Trequartista, the player seldom do the defending. Lampard should be more of an attacking midfielder or advanced playmaker.

Attacking Midfield perhaps. Not a Playmaker, though. if you make Lampard the playmaker, Deco is rendered useless. Having Two Playmakers is pretty pointless IMO.

How about an Inside Forward? He does score a lot, and often gets assists. The Inside Forward does this well.

DMC: Mikel (Anchor man)

CM: Essien (Ball-winning)

CM: Lampard (Box-to-Box)

AMC: Deco (Trequartista)

Deco and Lampard score from long shots in equal amounts and Essien and Mikel is doing the dirty work elsewhere on the midfield. Working a treat. Ballack is the utility player who can play everywhere and I change the roles around a bit. J. Cole I use as an advanced playmaker when he steps in for Deco. Ballack usually ball-winner og box-to-box.

If you are going to buy new midfielders, Sifha238, i would maybe have the DM as a Deep Lying Playmaker, Defend. The DM will see a lot of the ball, i reckon, so having someone with really good passing will help - like Ancelotti used Pirlo with AC Milan and wanted to buy him for Chelsea.

DMC: Essien (Defensive Midfielder)

CM: Ballack (Bos-to-Box)

CM: Lampard (Box-to-Box)

AMC: Deco (Attacking Midfielder-Support)

I was tempted to suggest Deco as an Advanced Playmaker but I'm afraid the play will go too much through him. Both Ballack and Lampard to work hard in defense, but also important in building up attack and take turn attacking the box. Both have great intelligence so they will take full advantage of their high CF and roaming instructions. Essien will shield the back-4 but as a Defensive Midfielder, who will drive up the field every now and then. Just my two cents.

The way I have been playing Chelsea and has given me alot of success is:

DMC : Ballack Defensive Midfielder (Support)

CM : Essian Central Midfielder (Defend) Can use Mikel here also

CM : Lampard Central Midfielder (Attack)

CM : Deco Advanced playmaker (Support).. Can use Joe Cole here also

Just finished first season like that Ending in 1st spot Won 29 Drew 5 Lost 4 Scored 96 and conceded 26

Lampard was a beast getting season average of 7.70 Scoring 25 and 15 Assists in the premier league alone

Archived