[FM10] Swindon Supermarine

uncle ron

Swindon Supermarine

5103700.png

Game Setup:

FM2010 patch 10.1

Custom database with all teams from top divisions in all world leagues retained.

Minor change in editor to change the name "Swindon S" to "Supermarine" and to change the club ground location to Swindon from South Marston.

Automatic reputation

England - to Level 8 (Regional First Divisions) - see link

Spain - top 3 tiers

Italy - top 4 tiers

France - top 3 tiers

Germany - top 3 tiers

Scotland - top 4 tiers

Holland - top 2 tiers

Portugal - top 2 tiers

Belgium - top 2 tiers

N. Ireland - top 3 tiers

Ireland - top 2 tiers

Wales - top division

Club History:

The present club was founded in 1992 from the amalgamation of two established Hellenic League clubs - Swindon Athletic and Supermarine. At the time of the merger fortunes were not running well for both clubs.

Supermarine were founded from a social club football team of Vickers in 1946, makers of the Spitfire airplane following their takeover of the Supermarine Aviation Works Ltd. The former airfield site at South Marston (current Honda factory) was one of the spitfire works during and after WWII. The ground, Hunts Copse, is next to the former airfield.

After the merger Swindon Supermarine regularly finished in the top eight in the Hellenic Premier Division, until in the 1997/98 season Supermarine secured our first Hellenic Premier Division Championship, although not promoted due to ground grading. Further success came in 2000/2001, again winning the Hellenic Premier and this time securing promotion to the Southern League First Division due to ground improvements.

In the following seasons the club struggled in level 8, narrowing avoiding relegation on 4 occasions. In 2005/2006 the club began to impress in the First Division West Division, finishing 5th and loosing the play-off to Hemel Hempstead Town. In 2006/2007, following league reconfiguration, the club finally made it to the Southern Premier League following a 2-0 play-off win against Taunton Town.

Performances in the Southern League Premier Division have been good considering the club are now playing at their highest level in the pyramid. A 12th place finish was secured in 2007/2008, followed by a flirt with the play-offs and a final 13th place finish in 2008/2009, a season which Supermarine made it to the Fourth Round of the FA Trophy.

---------------------

The 2009/2010 season sees a new chapter in the club history, how will it develop with an inexperienced 28 year old starting his first season in club management at the helm....

I will update this thread each season with my progress.

---------------------

Season           League          Pos      FA Cup        Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/2010 | Southern Premier   | 13th | 1st Round   | None
2010/2011 | Southern Premier   | 4th  | 4th Q Round | Playoff final loser
2011/2012 | Southern Premier   | 2nd  | 1st Round   | Playoff Winners / Promotion to Level 6
2012/2013 | Conference South   | 1st  | 2nd Q Round | Conference South Champions and FA Trophy runner-up
2013/2014 | Conference Premier | 1st  | 4th Q Round | Conference Premier Champions

2009/2010

I've been offered a part time contract until 2011 worth £300 per week.

Supermarine are semi-professional with an obscure reputation. An estimated value of £130K.

Chippenham, Cirencester, Gloucester and Highworth Town are our rivals.

Media predict a 13th place finish, in-line with past performances.

---------------

Club finances are precarious with about £15K in the bank.

No money is available for transfers and we have no money left from our wage budget of £1.8K per week.

--------------

The board expect a mid table finish.... I agree.

Should have known you would take these guys on. :)

I have been waiting for ages to play them in the game!

Never had Supermarine promoted in one of my saves, even after 30 + seasons. I recall Supermarine becoming playable through promotion in one of your Billericay saves.

I never get around to reading these sorts of threads, but I'll try to give this one a try out of thanks for producing the XML file for levels 7 and 8. I started my own saved game with Bedfont Green in level 8, so it will be interesting to see how you do leading Swindon Supermarine from a level above me.

Has the Supermarine name come from anywhere Aaron?

The club was founded from a social club football team of Vickers in 1946, makers of the Spitfire airplane following their takeover of the Supermarine Aviation Works Ltd. The former airfield site at South Marston (current Honda factory) was one of the spitfire works during and after WWII.

5103700.png

2009/2010 - Swindon Supermarine - Zamaretto Premier League

After hitting the ground running at the start of the season in the top 10, October and November saw Supermarine concentrate on the cups and inevitably fall behind in the league. From the 19th September we only played 1 league game until mid November as we made it through the early rounds of the FA Trophy, FA Cup and Southern League Cup thanks to several replays. A welcomed cup run for finances but with 6 games in hand and firmly placed in the relegation zone things had started to turn for the worst with no league win until the end of December.

The new year saw us catch up on games and put together a good winning run with the help of two new Irish signings (SC and AMR) adding to the strength in depth. We are completely average, drawing too many games, as shown by drawing the last 6 games of the season 0-0!

Happy with the mid table position and the cup money (£50,000) but I wished we score more goals and provide a bit more entertainment.

Zamaretto Premier League - 13th

2010Junefinaltable.png

FA Cup - First round proper - Lost 3-0 at home to Yeovil and pulled in a record crowd of 583!

FA Trophy - Third round - Lost 6-0 at home to Histon

Southern League Cup - Quarter final - Lost 1-0 away to Farnborough

Season      League                Final Position        Achievements
2009/2010   Zamaretto Premier     13th                  None

2010/2011 - Swindon Supermarine - Zamaretto Premier League

The season starts with a fresh looking first 11, all new signings after a complete clear out. Enough of the lack of wins and goals last season we firmly put ourselves in amongst the top 8 all season, helped by no cup replays and not building up several games in hand. Bishops Stortford romped away with the league, however we did beat them at home! We finished strong where we looked on for a 2nd place finish until a 3-0 reverse at Banbury Town on the last day meaning we finish in a respectable 4th place.

The play-off semi-final was at Truro. I didn't expect much as in the last 2 regular season games I had lost my first choice MC, ML and MR to injuries that would put them out until late May. It was a fairly easy, open game were we had much of the chances taking the lead before half time with one of our trademark counter attacks. Truro then lost their DMC to a straight red card just a minute later for a rash tackle on our goalscorer trying to stop him from breaking through again. The second half was all Supermarine with our DR getting in a header after 55 mins it was looking comfortable and we won 2-0.

The final was away against Tiverton and I thought we stood a chance as we hadn't lost to them in our previous 4 games. I was right, an awful game not helped by our lack of creativity from midfield and by the torrential rain. Tiverton generated most of the chances but never looked likely to score, but then neither did we. 0-0 after extra-time we go to penalties and despite substituting on an extra striker before the final whistle we were very poor from the spot, loosing 4-2 on pens.

Another season in the Southern Premier awaits.

Final Table - Position 4th

League graph

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

FA Trophy 1st Round

Southern League Cup 1st Round

Finances

Season     League            Position     FA Cup        Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/2010  Southern Premier    13th      1st Round        None
2010/2011  Southern Premier    4th       4th Q Round      Play-off final loser

Several job offers throughout 2011/2012 from clubs in Wales, Rep. of Ireland, the BSP and League Two, however the most bizarre came in early April..... a bankrupt Portsmouth in the Championship approach me with a £70 per week offer! :eek:

Needless to say... I gave Portsmouth the :thdn::D

2012portsmouthoffer.png

2011/2012 - Swindon Supermarine - Zamaretto Premier League

With pretty much the same team as 2010/2011, except for signing Seb Broomfield (SC) on a free transfer from Swindon Town (worth £40K!) and a few loan additions from Swindon Town and Oxford Utd, we continued last season's fine work. However this time we are having a bit more fun in front of goal and trusting the more creative players to deliver. Squad list

Chesham who last season were promoted from the Southern Midlands Division were favourites for promotion and duly set out their stall by storming to a 10 point lead. We were inconsistent but well within reach of the playoff places for the early part of the season. The initial onslaught of cup matches in October / November allowed us to win 7 straight games, a club record to progress well in the cup and catch up in the league. By January we were starting to hit the big wins frequently storing 3 or 4 a game and before I knew it we had caught Chesham and managed to hit our highest ever league position, top of the pile with 5 games to play, 2 points ahead.

The last five games we didn't conceed, but we drew 0-0 the first two and Chesham overtook us. Then despite us winning the last 3, Chesham didn't loose and we finished 1 point off top spot, runners up, in the playoffs.

The first game was against Cambridge City. We race to a 2-0 lead by 14 mins. Cambridge get a goal back soon after but we dominate the rest of the game, nullifying their attack. Into our second successive final.

Truro City are our opponents, they finished a strong 3rd place and expected a close game as usual between us. As expected it was pretty much level pegging throughout the game. We take the lead with McMillen (ML) shooting long, only to conceed shortly after. 1-1 we head into extra time and I thought we had won it with an own goal, but then in the last minute of extra time Gaia gets his hatrick (he also scored the own goal) to make it 2-2 and gain we head to penalties. Noone missed! I thought it was going to go on all night with 19 straight penalty conversions! Finally Truro missed otherwise it was up to the goalkeepers! :D

Supermarine are promoted as Playoff winners :thup:

Seb Broomfield finishes the season as the Southern Premier player of the season. I take 4 Manager of the Month awards and finish 2nd in Manager of the Season.

Season Summary:

Southern Premier League - 2nd League Graph

FA Cup - 1st Round v Southport 2-3

FA Trophy - 1st Round v Eastbourne Boro 0-2

Southern League Cup - Quarter Final v Hednesford 0-1

Highest Attendance: 385 v Chippenham FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round

Average Attendance: 196

Top Goalscorer: Seb Broomfield (19)

Highest Average Rating: Yvan Tomatula 7.17 from 49 apps

Finances - Estimated Value £150,000 - Summary

2010/2011  Southern Premier    4th       4th Q Round      Playoff final loser
2011/2012  Southern Premier    2nd       1st Round        Playoff Winners / Promotion to Level 6

Maybe the bookies suspect you are part of the match-fixing scandal being rolled up? :D

Congrats on the promotion btw :thup:

Oh, and what is the link to the club badges etc? I only found a dead link when I went looking.

Edit: Forget about it. Finally found it. Took half an eternity to download tho.

2012/2013 - Swindon Supermarine - Conference South

Board expectation: Attempt to avoid relegation

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage budget: £3,800 per week

In comes Mark Hartmann (MC) from Swindon Town on a free. He had played 2 seasons on loan for us dominating the midfield. Also Neil Drake (MRC) resigns for a second season long long from Oxford United. A 18 yo SC (Jason Kerr) from Swindon Town signs on a season long loan. We sign a AML from League Two on £425 a week, our first full time player, who promptly fractures his leg and is out for 4 months. Another 4 free transfers add depth to the squad.

What can I say about our first season at this level...... fairly easy sums it up pretty much. We are unbeaten for the first 19 games of the season, racking up 14 wins, scoring 39 goals and only conceding 9 goals.

Then my ever dependable Assman gets poached for a managerial position at Leyton and it hits me and the team hard with an inconsistent December and early January but we retain top spot from Salisbury and Chesham (yes on for their third promotion in as many seasons) by 3 points despite being 11 in front after the first 19 games.

In the new year 3 new free transfers sure up the team and we start to regain our form and start to pull away from the chasing pack. We won the league and promotion on the 1st April with 5 games left to play, having only lost 2 games all season. After the promotion party the team really couldn't be motivated and finished the season with 2 wins 1 draw and 2 losses.

Conference South - Final Table - Graph

FA Cup - 2nd Qualifying Round The FA Cup was awful, going out against Tiverton in the 2nd Qualifying Round, sucks @rse as we miss out on vital prize money.

FA Trophy - Runners Up Good progress to the final, beating 4 Conference Premier teams on the way. Unlucky with penalties again in the final!

Highest Attendance: 871 v Merthyr (Conference South)

Average Attendance: 540

Top Goalscorer: Jason Kerr (21)

Highest Average Rating: Seb Broomfield 7.24 from 39 apps

Finances - Estimated Value £230,000 - Summary

I'm now inducted into the club favourite personnel - Club Info

2010/2011  Southern Premier    4th       4th Q Round      Playoff final loser
2011/2012  Southern Premier    2nd       1st Round        Playoff Winners / Promotion to Level 6
2012/2013  Conference South    1st       2nd Q Round      Conference South Champions and FA Trophy Runner Up

Can I have your chairman, please?

In a word...... No! :D

Speaking of chairmen, just noticed Leamington were taken over by a Chinese consortium. Anyone else noticed any Consortium or Tycoon takeovers in their saves yet?

A consortium actually took over in my club. Didn't do us much good though. They did hand us 300K, but as a loan. Still, we're paying less in interests now than before, so I guess it's been good - if only slightly so.

I've seen a couple other clubs taken over by consortiums too.

2013/2014 - Swindon Supermarine - Conference Premier

Board expectation: Avoid relegation

Transfer Budget: £1,500

Wage budget: £4,800 per week

We still have 8 first team / squad players from our Southern Premier days. In come the Oxford Utd midfielder and Jason Kerr (SC) from Swindon Town taking our alloted season long loans, plus 6 free transfers. 9 leave on a free. The squad is good, assembled within budget and I was confident we could avoid relegation.

The start of the season was inconsistent. 10 league games at home resulting in 9 wins and a draw, whilst away we loose 9 and draw 1. Then Kerr and Broomfield really started firing the goals and along with other inconsistent teams in the division, we were around the play-offs in the new year. Not sure what exactly brought this surge in league form. After November we only loose 2 more games and we soon start to catch top team Histon and before I know we hit top spot in late March and hold it, taking the title with two games to spare.

Ok, so that is 3 promotions and 2 championships in 3 seasons. This game is much easier than previous versions by far. I thought I would be hanging around in non-league for many seasons and ultimately had a Nigel Clough (Burton) 10 year plan to get to the Football League, but we are there 4 seasons sooner than was my plan :o. Unbelievably Swindon Supermarine are in the Football League and 1 division below Swindon Town :eek:

Conference Premier - 1st Table - Graph

FA Cup - Sucks @rse - 4th Qualifying Round

FA Trophy - Semi Final

----------------

Highest Attendance: 2189 v Bedford (Conference Premier on final day of the season)

Average Attendance: 645 (helped by the last day attendance)

Top Goalscorer: Jason Kerr (29)

Highest Average Rating: Chris Fletcher 7.28 from 44 apps

Finances

Season           League          Pos      FA Cup        Achievements
2009/2010 | Southern Premier   | 13th | 1st Round   | None
2010/2011 | Southern Premier   | 4th  | 4th Q Round | Playoff final loser
2011/2012 | Southern Premier   | 2nd  | 1st Round   | Playoff Winners / Promotion to Level 6
2012/2013 | Conference South   | 1st  | 2nd Q Round | Conference South Champions and FA Trophy runner-up
2013/2014 | Conference Premier | 1st  | 4th Q Round | Conference Premier Champions

New club records

Highest league position: 1st Conference Premier

Highest Attendance: 2189 v Bedford in Conference Premier

Highest Gate Receipts: £18,000 v Bedford in Conference Premier

Average Attendance: 645

Top Goalscorer: 29 (Jason Kerr)

Top League Goalscorer: 26 (Jason Kerr)

Most Assists: 21 (Yvan Tomatula)

Highest Average Rating: 7.28 (Chris Fletcher)

Most MoM: 8 (Jason Kerr)

Worst Disapline: 11y and 3r (Mark Hartmann)

Most League Goals for Club: 54 (Seb Broomfield)

3 on the bounce! Well done :thup: League football is a great achievement for a club like Supermarine. How d'you reckon your players from your Southern Premier days will cope in League 2?

Thanks Raware. Of the eight players remaining from the Southern league I had 4 in the starting line-up for the first league game and they didn't disappoint, so they will hopefully do me proud.

You have gotta love the Football League.....

First League Cup game away at Championship Cardiff with 25,000 in the stands. We get a good proportion of the gate receipts and £240,000 in the bank, that's more than our entire gate receipts for our previous season :D

I'm more than surprised to see 25,000 turn up to watch Cardiff get beaten 1-0 :cool:

In a word...... No! :D

Speaking of chairmen, just noticed Leamington were taken over by a Chinese consortium. Anyone else noticed any Consortium or Tycoon takeovers in their saves yet?

Not English league, but I saw a consortium buy out A-League side Wellington Phoenix in early 2015.

IIRC, it was a Chinese group.

Archived