[FM10] Tales of a sunday leaguer's adventures in management...

Spart

New FM, new thread!

First off, the techy bits...

>FM2010 v.10.1 (first patch)

>Release database

>No edits

>Leagues loaded: England (BS North/South), France (National), Germany (First), Italy (B), Holland (Jupiler), Portugal (Liga Sagres), Ireland (First), Russia (First), Spain (Liga Adelante), Argentina (second), Brazil (first)

And the managerial candidate? A 30 year old, english, ex-sunday league player starting unemployed.

On the 20th of September i was approached by Weymouth. They'd fallen to the bottom of the Blue Square south and couldn't win or draw a game. My goal was to save them from relegation.

With no transfer money and wages already cosmically spiraling out of control, I brought in a hastily scouted irish striker by the name of Eamon Lynch on a free and requested a parent club. Bristol Rovers soon became our benefactors and sent over Charles Reece and Charlie Clough on season long loans to shore up our midfield. I tried to shift out as much dead wood as i could and kept on the key players on the lowest salaries they would accept.

How the season ended:

picture1.png

We managed to pull a run together at the end of September which, bar a few losses, gave us the momentum to pick ourselves up and push on, scraping into the final playoff spot. Notice we also scored the most goals in the division thanks to Mr. Lynch. Out sudden run of form forced me to seriously consider promotion as the main goal over survival. I signed a few more unattached players to bolster the squad; James Creany and Sagi Burton in central defence, Joey Waterhouse on the left of midfield, Alan Brooks in goal, Paul Dixon for defensive mid duties and Robbie Doyle and Scott Spencer in attack who were approached at the tail end of the season in anticipation of the challenges in the Blue Square Premier.

Goals for next season...

>rebuild our fanbase and ill the stadium. last season was one of extremely low turn-outs.

>push for a top half finish

>a decent cup run

>rebuild the aging squad was more youngsters, something i started to do this season.

Archived