João Moutinho - MENTAL Beast

Mwtralha

moutinhoooo.th.jpg

João Moutinho plays for Sporting CP since he started his career. He has AWSOME mental atributtes, that makes him an great Box-to-Box Midfielder. Can play as DM, MC, or AMC.

Best Positions to play him (imo):

MC: Box-to-Box Midfielder

MC: MC-Support/Attack role

A must buy imo.

He is a very well known player to most people on the boards because of his mental stats. There are very few players who can compare to him as he is a complete midfielder. Able to attack and defend with ease and has the technical attributes to deal with either. When you design formations or tactics that are for the "top tier pinnacle" team, he is probably one of the first name's to spring to mind for me, because of his mental attributes he can deal with any role you give him.

A monster of a player, end of discussion!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been looking to pick him up for my Lyon side, as I want to improve on my current ball winning midfielder, Kim Kallstrom. This guy would be my ideal, but it's gonna take an offer of at least £25m to land him.

I do really want him, but £25m is a lot of money, considering I could get Moussa Sissoko for around half that. Zdravko Kuzmanovic is another option that would come for around £20m, and I could get Sandro for only £10. I'm in a pickle :(

Was considering getting him to play along side fabregas in my 41212 formation with arsenal, anyone tried him with fab? guess if he doesnt work out could always use him on the pub quiz team :D

In my Arsenal save I've played him alongside cesc in a very attacking minded version of that formation for 3 seasons (bought him summer 2010), as a central midfielder with duty set to attack. He had a slow first season, but the last two seasons he has been outstanding, especially his contribution of 20 goals ( about a goal every third game!), but more important; His presence in midfield seems to have lifted Cesc's game to a hole nother level!

Note that i'm playing with an anchor to relieve the midfield duo of defensive duties, but I know from my Sporting game that Moutinho has a great engine and works great in a more defensive role as well.

I'd say you should go for it as long as he probably is one of the best midfielders in his price range, and with players like Nasri, Ramsey and Wilshere already on the books your central midfield should be set for the next ten years (well, at least the attacking part of it)

Oh, he obviously is a great tutor as well.

In my Arsenal save I've played him alongside cesc in a very attacking minded version of that formation for 3 seasons (bought him summer 2010), as a central midfielder with duty set to attack. He had a slow first season, but the last two seasons he has been outstanding, especially his contribution of 20 goals ( about a goal every third game!), but more important; His presence in midfield seems to have lifted Cesc's game to a hole nother level!

Note that i'm playing with an anchor to relieve the midfield duo of defensive duties, but I know from my Sporting game that Moutinho has a great engine and works great in a more defensive role as well.

I'd say you should go for it as long as he probably is one of the best midfielders in his price range, and with players like Nasri, Ramsey and Wilshere already on the books your central midfield should be set for the next ten years (well, at least the attacking part of it)

Oh, he obviously is a great tutor as well.

Cheers for the feed back, going to make a bid in the summer, hes currently rated 7.42 at sporting, ill play him as a box2box midfielder and see how he goes, if my bid is accepted of course!

• 2 months later...

Hi, just bought him for 33m£! So hope he will make a big impact and currently playing in the 4th season, anyway my coaches wants to do some changes to his gameplay, but im not sure if thats a good idea, they want him to do 2 things. First is they want him to stop dwelling on the ball and second is to slow down the play now and then. Would it be smart to follow these advices?

I got him for about £10m right at the start of the game. Sporting is a bit of a gold mine for midfielders. You can get Moutinho, Veloso and Vukcevic for under £25m at the start of the game.

Moutinho + Vukcevic = The ultimate in footballing technology!

Hi, just bought him for 33m£! So hope he will make a big impact and currently playing in the 4th season, anyway my coaches wants to do some changes to his gameplay, but im not sure if thats a good idea, they want him to do 2 things. First is they want him to stop dwelling on the ball and second is to slow down the play now and then. Would it be smart to follow these advices?

Dwelling on ball is never good, so follow that advice. The other suggestion demands good mental attributes, and Moutinho seems like an ideal player for that.

Cost me 17million start of game with Milan, worst performer so far 6.63 over last 5 games in the AMC position as a tequartista.

The guy is a cultured midfield workhorse, not an all out attacking player. Not much of a suprise he doesn't perform all that well as a trequartista tbh.

Can't find best way to use him, he has got fairly good long shooting and all the atributes to be a good passer, i upped his closing down rate to win balls high up and put runs from deep up to mixed see how it goes.

How have you people used him to be most effective?

Archived