Edited players with *high* PAs not appearing in game

fidelitywars

Sorry if this has already been raised but i've come across a pretty odd problem...

I've kinda gone to town on the editor and bumped up the stats for a fair few players i consider rising stars that the game doesn't (Nicolas Lodeiro, Danijel Aleksic, Ehsan Hajsafi) and given them potential abilities of mostly -9 and (very) occasionally even -10.

Thing is, that even when selecting a large DB these players are not in the game. I've altered the stats of other players in more high profile European leagues and these changes are implemented, so why aren't my others?

If, for example, i select to play in the Uruguayan league then the edited Lodeiro is in the game. I just cannot for the life of me understand why he isn't when i just select Serie A. I mean, his PA is -10. Even unedited, current international players with good ability aren't loading on large DB (such as Humberto Suazo, top scorer in South American qualifiers with a PA of >160). Anyone know why?

Not sure i've explained this too brilliantly but hopefully someone can help; really frustrating me.

Thanks.

Besides which leagues you load, it also depends on their reputation. Try increasing the reputation of Lodeiro, so it corresponds to some other high profile youngster and see if it makes a difference.

Yeah, i did try that but to no avail. Although, admittedly i was careful not to go too high with the reputation for fear of it a) attracting the vultures and b) bumping up the price (i'm gonna start with a pretty modest club). Had a go at adding a couple of international caps to see if that helped but again, no joy...

I checked the reputation of a couple of youngsters who always appear in the game like Eyal Golasa and Milan Badelj and neither had it set very high at all, so i'm unsure as to whether this is a factor????

I was always under the impression that a player whose potential is set at -9/-10 will automatically appear in the game, especially when running a large DB. Pretty sure this was the case in previous versions.

I wish I had an answer for you. Maybe a DDT file is the way to go? I know you can only retain players by nation and club, but still.. That way you don't need to boost the reputation and thus can keep the vultures away :)

Thanks, perhaps a few DDT files to retain players from certain clubs is the answer. I'll give it a go tomorrow (i'm awful with computers and it's far too late to tap another source of inevitable frustration). Should work, right? High hopes...

Archived