I'm struggling and I'm not sure why

Ok, I started a game with Aberdeen to try to eventually break Old Firm dominance in the SPL, and I'm struggling somewhat. I'm already out of the Europa League, I've lost heavily to Celtic and Rangers, and my only wins have come against Falkirk and St. Mirren.

I'm currently Pld 6, Won 2, Drawn 1, Lost 3, F 5, A 10, Pts 7, 6th Place.

I know 6th place isn't bad, but my team haven't been playing very well, and we were recently dumped out of the Scottish League Cup away at Greenock Morton.

While it's still believable, I used very similar tactics in the demo, with a similar quality of players, against what I see as better opposition, and in the three or four months I played of that game with Middlesbrough, I was in the top 4 of the Championship and got to the Quarter Finals of the Carling Cup.

I don't know what I am doing wrong, maybe my tactics are too conservative, but then why have I been hammered by the Old Firm?

Anyway, here's my usual team and basic tactics:

GK: Jamie Langfield

RB: Ricky Foster

CB: Zander Diamond

CB: Samuel Kuffour

LB: Charlie Mulgrew

RM: Djamel Belmadi

CM: Mark Kerr ©

CM: Sammy Stewart

LM: Sone Aluko

ST: Tommy Wright

ST: Lee Miller

Philosophy: Balanced

Strategy: Standard

Passing Style: More Direct

Creative Freedom: More Disciplined

Tackling: Default

Marking: Man

Crossing: Default

Roaming: Default

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Ironic. I'm Rangers and I can't buy a result against Aberdeen. Five and games and 1 point so far.

It doesn't matter that they have 5 times less shots than me every game and that I've signed top class defenders that can't win a header.

In a way you've got the same problem as me.

It cost me as I lost the league by 2 points before losing the SC Final to the Dons.

I'm now trying a strange 5-2-2-1 formation in the hope my defence picks up.

Archived