Best potential players in the game (New Patch 8.0.2)

Mike_Cardinal

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Shiny223:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dexta200:

not much point in him anyway because he is going to liverpool icon_frown.gif

And whats wrong with that, my friend? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha because i never play with liverpool because i hate them more than Arsenal and that is alot!!

Hi,

I don't seem to be able to download from Filelist for some reason, is there any chance someone could email them to me. My email is in my profile.

Cheers! icon14.gif

Originally posted by robsO:

Hi,

I don't seem to be able to download from Filelist for some reason, is there any chance someone could email them to me. My email is in my profile.

Cheers! icon14.gif

Sorry, I mean I can't download from FileFront! icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Masquerade:

Hey all, done everyone a favour as well while doing so for myself. Sorry to the guy who doesn't like filefront, not sure where else I could put it.

Anyway, I've made a shortlist of all the fixed PA players. These guys don't appear in either of Dexta's lists and for those who don't know they are the ones who tend to be a bit better off the bat and less of a gamble, although players in Dexta's lists are more likely to be with you longer in to the game.

Fixed PA players

Sounds interesting. Is your list based on 8.0.2 as well? I will check it out for sure.

BTW - I'm hoping to see more shortlist files for download on the forum going forward. How about themed shortlists? Low ca/high pa lists? "Good off the bat" shortlists? Lower league signings shortlists, you name it!

How about themed shortlists? Low ca/high pa lists?

I'm looking at that myself actually.

Alot of people seem to head straight for high CA/PA players.

What I look for is the "gap" between CA & PA. If you've got a player that's got decent atributes, but only 90 CA, yet 150 PA - he's got alot more scope to improve than a player of over 150 CA.

There are some VERY underrated players in FM, that can be signed by clubs at many levels who improve drastically with the right training.

Originally posted by heathxxx:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How about themed shortlists? Low ca/high pa lists?

I'm looking at that myself actually.

Alot of people seem to head straight for high CA/PA players.

What I look for is the "gap" between CA & PA. If you've got a player that's got decent atributes, but only 90 CA, yet 150 PA - he's got alot more scope to improve than a player of over 150 CA.

There are some VERY underrated players in FM, that can be signed by clubs at many levels who improve drastically with the right training. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Completely agree, some people seem to think that anything under 170 PA is crap! Crazy talk, yo!

sorry guys so the 2 short lists provided are 1.Dexters short list (1 of the 2 provided as they are the same) which are all the -9s and -10s in the new 8.0.2 patch &

2.Masquarades short list which is all players under 23 with PA of 170 and above

IF this is correct, do i just import them into FM through the game and once i do that does that mean that if someone makes a bid for them or something happens to them i will be notifed cause they are on my shiortlist ?

thanks

Yep, as you say, my list is all the players shown in the original post with a fixed PA of 170 or above and under 23.

And yes, if you import the shortlist in to your game then you will be notified of all goings on with that player. Transfer requests, player dislikes, injuries, interest from other clubs, contract expiries and so on. You'll also be badgered by the media quite a lot for having so many players shortlisted, especially during the transfer windows, which can be annoying. The shortlist itself will be a different shortlist to your default one so you can either flick between them or add all the players from one shortlist to another instead of having two.

One thing to keep in mind, should you be adding someone not on that shortlist to your default shortlist make sure that you specify which shortlist you want them on. If you just choose Add To Shortlist without choosing which one then they'll be added to the last shortlist you looked through, which can mess up any organisation you may have been hoping for.

mate your a legend, thanks for taking the time to answer me, you have been a great help, looking forward to getting home now, starting a new game and giving this a go

To heathxxx and Jazzfusion, please note that I completely agree with you on that point, whatever the level you are playing at there is probably at least one player on the -9 list that will be of great benefit to you as many can be bought for very low prices, I'm sure that there's at least 25 on there that could be had for under £10k. I do not believe that anything under 170 is crap, it's just that with the Fixed PAs once it gets under 170 the sheer amount of players completely explodes, and it would have taken me forever and a day to type it out. Apologisies for my laziness as I'm sure you and many others would have benefited from this.

I wish that I had the time and capability to go through the whole list on the first post and also add the approximate price that the players cost in the first week of the first season, sadly I have neither, but it would be very handy.

need a little help guys:

do i have to unzip or change the format of this slf file for it to work?

also, the place i put it into is my computer/c/ documents and settings/my name/my documents/s.i./filters?

thanks in advance for the help and the shortlists!

Thanks for all the effort. Very Grateful

I have to say I found Sakho when he was -9 and still became amazing.

ALSO. When ever I go a premier league team I always get Sakho and Saivet for free, as they are on approach to sign.

Useful tip for anyone planning a long game. Not bad if the first 2 signings you make will both become wonderkids at a cost of around 1M

okay guys, sorry for not checking back here more often.

For those who are having trouble getting it from filefront I've uploaded it again elsewhere - see link below

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/49933/Fixed-PA-v1...--Jul-2007--slf.html

There's a 20 second wait or so before you can download it but hopefully that will help some of you who have been having problems.

Also, from what I've read, some of you appear to be having problems with the file itself and not just downloading it. Is this truly the case? I'm still using the shortlist myself in my game so it should work in theory, if people are having problems with it I'll see what I can do about making a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not entirely sure why you'd want such a shortlist. However, if you're set on having one then just create a new shortlist in your game and add all the players from each shortlist in to the new one (shift + click the top and bottom players to select all and send them to the new shortlist with right click)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived