Germany Lower Leagues

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the file would be zipped before uploading such problems would not happen. Make it ten times faster to download as a side effect.

Did just download it, without the problems. Looks like an IE problem.

I noticed a problem with the German one - if you're not in the German Cup, your competition level would go down to 0% because they expect you to do well in the cup even though you're not in the competition, thus making your job status very insecure - is there anything we can do about it?

Interesting problem, and very strange that the board thinks you're in the competition when you're not. Either way, all the big teams are in the cup, and as a small club I wouldn't think they expect too much from you. Which club were you and could you maybe post a screenshot of the board confidence screen with the competitions?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=164495

Problem. Winning the league brought it back up to 50% but its not very stable still.

You might also want to add reserve teams to some teams who don't have them for long term games, because I'm unsure whether teams actually add reserves as you go along. Maybe SI could add this feature in some future patch to add reserves as you go higher up the league.

That's a pretty severe problem, and I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm not even sure it's caused by not being in the German Cup, because even in the default db there are some 3rd division clubs who aren't playing in the cup I believe.

Hopefully adding the additional regional cups will at least soften the impact, but I definitely have to figure out a solution to this.

How are club finances with your file? Is there prize money set up and do clubs do reasonably okay to maintain solvency, or do clubs tend to lose a lot of money and go bankrupt at the lower levels?

there's no prize money in the lower divisions, just like in real life. I've looked at the finances at the end of a 10 year holiday game, and they looked fine, with a distribution that you would expect. there were only 2 rich clubs, a dozen or so secure ones (those of course were all in the first and second division), the majority had ok finances, and about a dozen were insecure. There were no bankrupt clubs at the time I checked, but of course I didn't stop the game inbetween to look at the finances, so who knows how many went bankrupt before.

From a season of active play in the Oberliga, it looks like you're losing money as a small club unless you aggressively limit the wages. The other running costs are small though, it seems like the ground maintenance is more reasonable now than in earlier FMs. The losses are relatively small though (I averaged around 1k a month) and won't bankrupt a club if they're responsible. A player sold here and there or a cup run can make enough money and if all fails there's usually some fundraising activity to keep you afloat. Pretty much like in real life I'd say.

2.0 is well on its way and so far it's working better than I thought. The extra effort put into fine-tuning the regions really paid off. Before we release it we're gonna add managers to all the clubs, because as it stands right now, a few hundred clubs are looking for a manager at the start of the season, and there aren't all that many around.

Excellent work :thup:

I intend to start a career game shortly, was thinking of trying Germany for the first time and would like to ask a couple of questions.

First of all, have any players been added (I was thinking of starting in the 4th tier) and has there been any database editing in the higher divisions? I ask this because I already have a modified database (kits mostly) and am worried they might clash.

Secondly, how long left till release :D?

No players have been added. A handful that were in the db have been moved to their respective clubs though, but not many. Kits have been added for all the clubs that were missing them. I'm not if that would clash, you'd have to try. The upper divisions have been left untouched to avoid problems with the next official db update.

Release date is difficult to pin down. We're basically finished except for the remaining managers. I'm thinking of releasing the version without the 6th tier managers, and people who want them can wait for the next update, the others can start playing already. I'm not sure how many people are planning to load the 6th tier anyway.

No players have been added. A handful that were in the db have been moved to their respective clubs though, but not many. Kits have been added for all the clubs that were missing them. I'm not if that would clash, you'd have to try. The upper divisions have been left untouched to avoid problems with the next official db update.

Release date is difficult to pin down. We're basically finished except for the remaining managers. I'm thinking of releasing the version without the 6th tier managers, and people who want them can wait for the next update, the others can start playing already. I'm not sure how many people are planning to load the 6th tier anyway.

I'm obviously being selfish here but since the AI will generate enough managers to populate most, if not all, teams, you might as well release it...

I'm obviously being selfish here but since the AI will generate enough managers to populate most, if not all, teams, you might as well release it...

well, the thing is that they're all looking for a manager at the start of the game. there may be enough managers generated but even when you check the "Add key staff to clubs" option, managers apparently aren't considered key staff, as they're not with the clubs. It takes half of the first season for all the managerless clubs to find someone, which I consider fairly annoying.

well, the thing is that they're all looking for a manager at the start of the game. there may be enough managers generated but even when you check the "Add key staff to clubs" option, managers apparently aren't considered key staff, as they're not with the clubs. It takes half of the first season for all the managerless clubs to find someone, which I consider fairly annoying.

That's very true tbh. Would love to help and speed it up a bit but need brushing up on my 6. Liga staff...

Linked it on our DL-Server. Awesome work. Thank you!!

Download

// Edit

Download Additional FMG09-Logos by Varteks1980

Extract them to:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics\pictures\logos\Clubs

Don't forget to refresh the skin ;)

You should also download a FMG09-Superpack to display the other logos within the same style and height. Can also be found here:

http://meistertrainer-downloads.de/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=9:logos3&Itemid=1

uhm that's odd. I tested it with and without the extra Inc files and it should work either way. Anybody else having a problem?

I tested 2.0 and in the second season some verbandsliga divisions stop making fixtures. I had tested 1.1 until 2020 and worked fine for me. :confused:

****, that's bad. I'll try to get to the bottom of that.

Which divisions were affected, and can you check if the number of teams in them is unchanged from the previous season?

It seems that the problem it's only with Schelswig-Holstein Nord and Hamburg. The others worked fine till 2011/12 when all the league system was stopped. The cups (including the regional ones) are working fine for now and everything seems normal.

I have suffered exactly this problem with other leagues, don't know why it's caused as doesn't seem to be a real reason but i suggest you replace these leagues with new ones with the editor and do some hard testing.

I could post some screenshots if that helps.

Archived