[FM2010] England Levels 7 and 8 - Southern, Northern & Isthmian Leagues

uncle ron

Hi everyone, my first post (wohoo!!, been a lurker for too long I guess)

Firstly, thanks to uncle ron for this awesome add-on. I downloaded an earlier version of this and have found in my second season, whilst having a browse of how things were going in the premiership, that Mnachester Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool were all involved in various regional tournemants causing a fixture backlog for these teams. Manchester Utd's season in particular was destroyed by being entered into 2 different cups! Just wondering if this sort of thing had been fixed in the latest verison. Although im reluctant to leave my awesome Aberystwyth save (just finished second season) I would find this a problem if I was to progess up the leagues.

Im sorry if this has been answered already,

thanks, Pezza

This file doesn't include those county cups, that is a problem of Super Bladesman's update rather than this one.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just noticed that FC United have been put in the Isthmian Premier. And in the 2nd season FC Halifax were put in the Northern 1st Div South (instead of North).

Very strange FC United were put in the Isthmian. Very disappointing too, as I wanted to play them this season :(

I just noticed that FC United have been put in the Isthmian Premier. And in the 2nd season FC Halifax were put in the Northern 1st Div South (instead of North).

Very strange FC United were put in the Isthmian. Very disappointing too, as I wanted to play them this season :(

Sorry to hear this

I had these league movements occurring in previous versions and I thought I had fixed this in Version 6b. Which version are you using?

Just checked my own save.... both teams have been placed in their correct divisions and I'm in 2013.

I'm using 6b as well. As I was quite annoyed by this, and a bit worried tbh, I went through some leagues and added the cities in Google Maps. It took about 2 hours, so others may as well share the wonder too ;)

This is going into the 3rd season btw, 2011/12

I hope these links work. Says public when I'm logged in.

Northern Premier

Southern Premier

Isthmian Premier

Basically only one outlier here. Just a shame it was FC United as it was pretty much the only team I had my eyes on. Not being from England, I had little idea where most of the others were located.

Northern Div One North

Northern Div One South

Two outliers in the South, but otherwise it looks okay.

Haven't done this for the 4 other divisions as it took waaaay too much time ;)

FC United will find their way back to the correct division.

The problem seems to be with the SI data in deciding how it sorts the clubs when too many or too few teams within a certain region fit into a division. For instance should not enough teams from the north exist to fill the Northern Premier league then it poorly choses which team from the other regional leagues to fill the spare place. It should take the northern most team in the Southern Premier but it doesn't, and instead seems to go for the northern teams in the Isthmian League.

I think the setup is that there can be between 20 and 22 clubs in each of the divisions. In my save there happens to be 21 in the Northern now and 22 in the Isthmian. So it's quite strange FM has moved FC United all the way to the Isthmian when there was room in the Northern.

I just checked the database (ooooh the horror! :() and there is a coordinate set for Bury (or Gigg Lane - whichever it sets). I thought maybe this was the issue. It wasn't.

I'll PM you something.

Generally after a few seasons with this I have not noticed anything too outrageous, Braintree in the BSN was the worst and that is not completely unfeasible.

The problem I found was the mixing of Southern and Isthmian leagues, where many teams swapped for no apparent reason so the Southern had the likes of Tooting, Dulwich et al but the Isthmian had teams much further away from its core such as Truro who should never be Isthmian. I presume it is SI rather than you who cause the mass swapping, I could understand if it only assigned promoted/relegated teams to unusual leagues but much of this movement happened with two mid-table teams swapping wrongly for no good reason.

Generally after a few seasons with this I have not noticed anything too outrageous, Braintree in the BSN was the worst and that is not completely unfeasible.

The problem I found was the mixing of Southern and Isthmian leagues, where many teams swapped for no apparent reason so the Southern had the likes of Tooting, Dulwich et al but the Isthmian had teams much further away from its core such as Truro who should never be Isthmian. I presume it is SI rather than you who cause the mass swapping, I could understand if it only assigned promoted/relegated teams to unusual leagues but much of this movement happened with two mid-table teams swapping wrongly for no good reason.

Please use the latest version (6b) of my file.

Weird movements of Southern and Isthmian teams such as Truro moving out of the Southern league system was fixed in Version 3 and it doesn't happen in my save or any my my tests.

There was a point towards the end of last season IRL where Braintree were set to be shifted into BSN

Hi, uncle

I'm in third season with Corinthian Casuals (no promotion yet :(, 10th in first season and lost playoff last year so I'm still in Isthmian South...) but I played FA Cup only the first year. As I wrote above, I don't know English Cups rules, so I ask you what is "going wrong" :confused:.

Sure, I doubt Anfield Road is waiting for my pink/brown heroes :D, but Cups are the only chance to earn money and my finances are getting worse and worse...

Hi, uncle

I'm in third season with Corinthian Casuals (no promotion yet :(, 10th in first season and lost playoff last year so I'm still in Isthmian South...) but I played FA Cup only the first year. As I wrote above, I don't know English Cups rules, so I ask you what is "going wrong" :confused:.

Sure, I doubt Anfield Road is waiting for my pink/brown heroes :D, but Cups are the only chance to earn money and my finances are getting worse and worse...

The SI FA Cup starts at the 2nd Qualifying Round, whereas teams in Levels 8 and 9 enter in the 3 real life rounds before. Due to the limitations with the editor (which would impact on you in future years when you become a bigger club) I decided not to edit the FA Cup to add earlier rounds. Therefore not all teams will appear in the 2nd Qualifying Round as the game assumes (decides clubs at random) that you would have been knocked out.

Sorry about this... but you will enter the competition again at some point.

Good luck at getting that elusive promotion :thup:

Thanks to Uncle Ron for all the great work on this. Never in a million years would I have had the time or, indeed, the savoir faire to knock up something like this.

I've just started a Bury Town game, as Bury-st-Edmunds is one of the nicest towns I've been to.

I've noticed, however, that my contract offers for new coaches are cancelled without reason. When I offer a contract to an unemployed coach, it says I am allowed two and currently have one. When it's cancelled I don't get the usual reasons like "the board are in a strop about wages", or "you don't need any more coaches".

Presumably this a general game problem?

Great work uncle ron. One small typo I found was regarding the English Northern League Challe(n)ge Cup. Any way I can fix it mid game? Ive tried two different unique ids for it and editing it as you would change league names normally (eg via an downloadable text file) but with no luck...

Also did you replace the original game's version of the FA Trophy? Im guessing this is the case because my logos dont appear with it selected. Have you made any changes to the original squads etc to the Football League/Premiership sides?

Sorry if these have been asked before, and once again many thanks.

Btw, in-game I didn't see a three-letter ID for the FA Trophy matches. You know, the letters you see in the Home screen in the fixture list. Get that one sorted too when the patch is out :)

I checked this and I did set as FAT so not quite sure why it isn't appearing in the game.

.... Well, uncle, can you tell us something about "fix list" of your update ? :thup:

Not yet Red as I don't know what new capabilities (if any) are included in the next patch for the editor.

As soon as I know I will keep you all updated.

Okay, I've been trying this lnc-file malarky now to change some names, but nothing seems to bite. Please let me know if I've done something wrong. Even tried starting a new game, but nothing then either.

I've called the file pangaea_changes.lnc and put it with the other lnc files, fake.lnc etc.

"COMP_LONG_NAME_CHANGE"		109202		"FA Suck Arse Trophy 1"
"COMP_LONG_NAME_CHANGE"		1668178285	"FA Suck Arse Trophy 2"
"COMP_LONG_NAME_CHANGE"		98005480	"FA Suck Arse Trophy 3"

"NAME_CHANGE"			5100059		"Trafford Normal?"
"LONG_NAME_CHANGE"		5100059		"Trafford Long"

By adding "" for language I got the club name to change, but nothing bites on the competition names. Have found and tried various IDs from the database and uncle ron's file, but nothing works :(

Really wish the IDs for competitions were available in the game too.

"COMP_LONG_NAME_CHANGE"		109202		"FA Suck Arse Trophy 1" ""
"COMP_LONG_NAME_CHANGE"		1668178285	"FA Suck Arse Trophy 2" ""
"COMP_LONG_NAME_CHANGE"		98005480	"FA Suck Arse Trophy 3" ""
"COMP_LONG_NAME_CHANGE"		98005778	"FA Suck Arse Trophy" ""

"COMP_LONG_NAME_CHANGE"		98005775	"English Northern League Challenge Cup" ""
"NAME_CHANGE"			98005775	"English Northern League Challenge Cup" ""
"COMP_LONG_NAME_CHANGE"		98005477	"English Northern League Challenge Cup" ""
"NAME_CHANGE"			98005477	"English Northern League Challenge Cup" ""

Try

"COMP_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 100000028 "FA Carlsberg Trophy" ""
"COMP_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 100000028 "FA Trophy" ""

"COMP_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 100000025 "English Northern League Challenge Cup" ""
"COMP_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 100000025 "Northern Challenge Cup" ""

Add these to the existing #### file and do not call it your own file name i.e.pangaea_changes

Did that work for you? Nothing bites on it on my side :(

Put this in pangaea_changes.lnc, fake.lnc, nleague.lnc and lic_dan_swe_fra.lnc. But it just doesn't work. The name for FA Trophy changes in the World menu, but the long name doesn't - not for FA Trophy nor for the Northern League Cup. There must be another command somewhere we're missing, that control the long name that appears in the headline of the competition.

It's just really strange, cause it worked for the EPL yesterday.

I tried this. But the long name just refuses to be changed :mad:

"COMP_LONG_NAME_CHANGE"		100000028	"FA Suck Arse Trophy 1" ""
"COMP_NAME_CHANGE"		100000028	"FA Suck Arse Trophy 2" ""
"COMP_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE"	100000028	"FA Trophy 3" ""

"COMP_LONG_NAME_CHANGE"		100000025	"English Northern League Challenge Cup 1" ""
"COMP_NAME_CHANGE"		100000025	"English Northern League Challenge Cup 2" ""
"COMP_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE"	100000025	"Northern League Cup 3" ""

The number was just so I could identify which line was being used. But apart from in the World menu, nothing happened.

Does the game set the home team according to that rule or just random?

The editor doesn't allow any play-off settings to be applied, therefore it just chooses who plays each other and decides the home team at random.

I was just curious if there were any hard-coded playoff rules in the game below the official supported leagues. In my Swiss file all playoff games are now played on a neutral ground (with patch 10.2. installed), while there where at the home team stadium in previous versions. So probably that is also the case now at the level 8 in your England file.

I was just curious if there were any hard-coded playoff rules in the game below the official supported leagues. In my Swiss file all playoff games are now played on a neutral ground (with patch 10.2. installed), while there where at the home team stadium in previous versions. So probably that is also the case now at the level 8 in your England file.

There do not appear to be any hard coded rules.

Hi uncle,

begin fourth season now (another playoff game lost.... damned Dulwich Hamlet and my favourite friend Gavin Rose... :) ).

Just a question now, I'm gonna start another game adding The Amazing Dale Watkins' file (4th to 6th Germany Leagues...) besides yours, of course :D, . As I read in his thread, Note that this new version is only compatible with patch 10.2, so I'd like to know if your version runs well with the new patch.

Thanks in advance :thup:

Hi uncle,

begin fourth season now (another playoff game lost.... damned Dulwich Hamlet and my favourite friend Gavin Rose... :) ).

Just a question now, I'm gonna start another game adding The Amazing Dale Watkins' file (4th to 6th Germany Leagues...) besides yours, of course :D, . As I read in his thread, Note that this new version is only compatible with patch 10.2, so I'd like to know if your version runs well with the new patch.

Thanks in advance :thup:

Hi Red

There are some issues with version 6b of this file with the latest patch regarding the regional sorting due to changes in the code Si have made. I'm testing a new version at the moment which sorts the regional problems (to do with the Southern and Isthmian Leagues) and I hope to have this out in the next couple of days.

Aaron

Hi Red

There are some issues with version 6b of this file with the latest patch regarding the regional sorting due to changes in the code Si have made. I'm testing a new version at the moment which sorts the regional problems (to do with the Southern and Isthmian Leagues) and I hope to have this out in the next couple of days.

Aaron

... Thanks for your feedback, mate :thup:, I'll wait for your "start" to begin another game...

Hello

Really enjoying this add on as Merthyr...

Second season playing in the Southern League cup and I've just noticed that Chelsea and Man U are also playing in the cup!! There go my hopes of winning it...

This hasn't been reported by anyone else and not something I have encountered myself. The competition is only setup to include Southern League teams so I can't pick other teams.

Have you made any changes to the file?

Archived