FM 08: West Ham United - Happy Hammers

westhamrob

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bought Yakubu for £11 million and Kevin Doyle for £8 million after selling Bellamy, who I thought was hopeless imo. Anyone agree?

Currently on target for a top half finish - exactly what I said at the beginning of the season icon_biggrin.gif Have a feeling its going to be much tougher next season icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by westhamrob:

Bellamy > yakubu+doyle

not so sure on them signings cass

Bellamy played 21 games and didnt score a single goal. Played upfront on the right. Kevin Doyle came in and scored 10 goals in the last 11 games. Not a bad return imo.

Yakubu didnt really get a chance but will report back during the 2nd season and see if these signings come good.

As always with a new FM coming out I play my first premiership game with West Ham.

Quick review:

first season finished 6th (lost 5th place on goal difference to Everton)

Second season: 9 games to go and 4 points ahead on Chelsea if the nerves can be kept away we might win the premier league. Also quarter final of Uefa cup

few important transfers

OUT: Ashton, Boa Morte, Davenport, Collins, Gabbidon, ... just not good enough for the goals we need to achieve

IN:

Huntelaar, if you play him right (being target man supplied to feet) he is worth gold!

Adrien, young and full of potential good first substitute

Fellaini (cheap quality signing would recommend him to any subtop premier league team), Arshavin, great signing!

G. Barry, villa relegated so was happy to come

Bouhlarouz, was unhappy at chelsea

Aaritalo (just had to try him icon_smile.gif)

Radu, playing solid on left back

anyway looks like I will have great fun with this West Ham squad icon_smile.gif

finished third in the end ...

37th game of the season the all deciding clash at Chelsea where I lost 2-1 with an extra time goal of Wright-Phillips.

Due to this loss Chelsea took 4 point lead and tottenham also jumped one point ahead of me ...Final game with a demotivated squad lost 4-1 to Bolton ... but the board and the fans are happy and next year we will win the league ... icon_smile.gif

Guest Manners

How do you guys play Ashton, I just cant seem to get him to score regularly, he might have the odd great game but there is no constistancy with him.

Currently just started my 2nd season as West Ham. I finished my 1st season 11th won the FA Cup and got to the Semi's in League Cup. All in all not a bad opening season.

Transfers 1st season

Transfers 2nd season

Squad

Cant believe i sold Mark Noble for 20m i just set his asking price at that and Liverpool payed it, he only averaged 7.01 for the 1st season aswell. Just started the new season and am of to an absolute flyer won my 1st 5 games, lost the Community Cup to Man Utd 3-1. I am currently playing 4-3-1-2 With was for the aquisition of Riquelme to play in the hole, he is currently struggling for fitness at the moment so Kieron Dyer is playing there and has scored 7 in 4 which is amazing.

Season07.jpg

transfers-1.jpg

finished my 1st season in my new game 1st after a fantastic 1st half of a season and a somewhat shaky run in with me losing 4 of my last 5 matches but the one i won was the crucial 4th last game against chelsea at when i held a 9 pt lead against them. defeated them 2-0 and they never recovered.

Signed Motta in for a free but my fans are complaining that it is not a good signing. but how far wrong can a free signing go? even selling him off later at 20k is a profit. Also signed Di Maria as cover to Aaritalo after i allowed both Boa Morte and Etherington to leave. Defoe will always be a good signing for West ham since he is trained by West ham and thus could take up a 'trained by west ham' spot in European competitions. Santonocito was signed last season but could not complete his transfer as he moved more than once already. Signed Raul Alboil at quite a steep price cos its the first time i felt rich and i wanted to try buying someone i know instead of someone recommended in the forums.. doing well in my 2nd season so far.. won chelsea in the Comm. Shield and is now leading the EPL after 5 games along with Man City and Chelsea after 5 games.

Aaritalo's stats aren't so hot now are they? Who cares I've got 27m to spend and all I've got to do is finish in the top half. They've upped Ashtons pace etc as well. Only criticism so far is that they've said Bellamy is alot better than Ashton!

Anyway gotta go gonna try and buy Van der Vaart and Kompany!

Who else has everyone seen is good to buy for us on the new patch?

Patch 8.01

Delighted to see that Ashtons, Nobles and Gabbidons stats seem to have improved with the new patch. Also happier with the Transfer Budget.

I'm hoping my 4-4-2 I used with the Beta patch is as good with this patch. I had Bellamy scoring for fun.

How do the researchers work out that Richard Wright is better than Rob Green though???!!!

SO I've started a new game with the brand spanking new patch. I've got 27m to spend and I figure I need the following.

CB

Stand by RB

LB

Creative Midfielder

LW

Super Prolific Str, target man or pace

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

What about Kompany and Van der Vaart??

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">desperate need of a left back

chiellini

carlinhos

shorey

traore </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as if chiellini wants to come to everton no disrespect though

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by westhamrob:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">desperate need of a left back

chiellini

carlinhos

shorey

as if chiellini wants to come to everton no disrespect though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its west ham not everton icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by westhamrob:

chiellini

carlinhos

shorey

as if chiellini wants to come to westhamno disrespect though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry my mistake

hey.. can i know where can i download the 8.01 patch ? i just started my west ham game and bought breno for 7.5mil but he can only join me at january.

2020F137-D5FB-6D7B-F3131E73027427E9.jpg

West Ham United Football Club is an English football club based in West Ham, London Borough of Newham, East London, and have played their home matches at the 35,146 capacity Boleyn Ground stadium since 1904.

Fm Info

Nation - England

Year Founded - 1895

Status - Professional

Reputation - National

Chairman Status - Loves the club

Favoured Personnel - Paolo Di Canio, Rio Ferdinand, Carlos Tevez

Fierce Rivals - Millwall, Tottenham, Chelsea

Other Rivals - Arsenal, Man Utd

Estimated Value - £33.5M (Loan Debt: £24M)

Stadium - Upton Park, London

Stadium Capacity - 34500 all seater with under-soil heating

Pitch Dimensions - Length: 110m, Width: 75m

Maximum Pitch Dimensions - Length: 114m, Width: 75m

Reserve Stadium - Victoria Road, Dagneham

Training Facilities - Good training facilities

Youth Facilities - Excellent youth facilities + Youth Academy

Continental Competition - none

Media Prediction - 15th

Squad Personality - very Determined

Captain - Lucas Neill

Squad:

Current squad

No. Position Player

1 GK Robert Green

2 DF Lucas Neill (captain)

3 DF George McCartney

4 DF Daniel Gabbidon

5 DF Anton Ferdinand

6 DF Matthew Upson

7 MF Fredrik Ljungberg

8 MF Scott Parker

9 FW Dean Ashton

10 FW Craig Bellamy

11 MF Matthew Etherington

12 FW Carlton Cole

14 DF John Paintsil

15 MF Nolberto Solano

No. Position Player

16 MF Mark Noble

17 MF Hayden Mullins

18 DF Jonathan Spector

19 DF James Collins

20 MF Julien Faubert

21 GK Richard Wright

23 GK James Walker

25 FW Bobby Zamora

26 MF Nigel Quashie

27 DF Calum Davenport

29 MF Lee Bowyer

32 MF Kieron Dyer

33 FW Henri Camara (on loan from Wigan Athletic)

34 MF Luís Boa Morte

Confidence

3 year plan- Premier League Challenger

Now - Respectable league finish

Fa Cup- 6th Round

League Cup- 1/4 Final

Players

Key Players - Craig Bellamy

Improvement - Defense

Originally posted by -Only one Ronaldo-:

Wanting to know should i sell or keep Boa Morte, Zamora and Etherington??

sell all. progressively. i think you can sell zamora in the first season and get a better striker along with another left winger then sell both boa morte and etherington at your second then getting another winger with your transfer budget.

• 2 weeks later...

im 3/4s of teh way through the 1st season lyin 8th in the prem fighting for wuropean football

lost in 1/4s of league cup to man city and into 4th rd of fa cup

im playin 5 3 2 with wingbacks

green

neill upson ferdinand tudor solano

noble parker dyer

bellemy ashton

tudor was my main buy had flamini on loan but the fans hated him, lol finding that neither striker is scoring much though.....brought in zamora to kick em up the ass but it aint worked

ill keep u all updated!

Hey, i really need some newb help

im new to football manager im a championship manager man i thought i would change this time

On champ you could get like a transfer list with everyplayer on the game on and there price and bassic attributes yeah?

can i get this up on fm?

if so please tell me how

thanks

linger

Originally posted by wattzy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RomfordBoy2008:

dont mean to be petty about the original post but west ham aren't based in west ham. Upton Park is in Plaistow

Upton Park is in East Ham..Not Plaistow </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm afraid you're both wrong guys. West Ham Football Stadium is in Upton Park. Upton Park is the name of the area. The name of the stadium is the "Boleyn Ground"

East Ham = E6

Plaistow = E13

Upton Park = E13

Plaistow and Upton Park share the same Postcode but they are different areas. The actual address of the stadium itself is:

Green St, Upton Park, London, E13 9AZ

Ironically, if they move to the Parcelforce depot location, they wil actually be in the West Ham area.

I'll be sad to see the Hammers leave Upton Park. Considering that it is practically on my door step!

Oh well, in with the new I guess!

Right, back to FM2008 - What staff members have you managed to get on 8.0.1? I always tend to sign Krzysztof Dowhan as my assistant, relegating Mervyn Day to Coach (this is only because his termination is nearly 700k - £1m) I get Ray Clemence in as an additional Goalie Coach, Midelosko (sp?) is normally pretty good. Aside from an average Tony Carr however, the rest are pretty much dire and I usually go for a mass clearout. However, it's hard to tempt the really "good" lot over to West Ham. So who do you sign?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I started a couple days ago. I'm in January 08.

My squad is;

GK: Green/Wright

RB: Neill/Solano

LB: McCartney/Mattock

CB: Ferdinand/Gabbidon

CB: Ignashevich/Upson

DM: Parker/Banega

RM: Ljungberg/Bowyer

LM: Etherington/Boa Morte

AMC: Dyer/Noble (retrained)

ST (target man): Ashton (injured)/Cole

ST: Bellamy/Zamora

I have Thiago Neves coming in on loan subject to WP. Where can I improve? I'm currently on a great run, 8 games undefeated, although I have United next. Bellamy is a goalscoring beast, hes got 20 in 20 for me so far. Dyers doing the buisness too, hes had something like 9 in 21.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice back line, and gj getting Palacio to score. Only ever signed him once with the hammers and he'd scored three goals playing every game til christmas. The fans demanded blood, so I sold him off and got Riki (who was astonishingly good).

How's the flat 4-4-2 working for you? I prefer the stronger defence and link-up positions granted by a diamond, but I need the linkup since I rarely bother with fast strikers in anything but 4-3-3.

currently in my 4th season with the hammers finished 4th 4th 3rd and lost in the final of CL last year to man u current team

GK ustari/green

DR faubert\vidal

DL bale\

DC M.Richards\C.Cathcart

DC M.Cahais\A.Ferdinand

ML I.Aissati\S.Mota

MR Wijnaldum\Torje

AMC Lulinha\Piatti

FC Briand\Ronieli(excellent little youngster 5goals in 6 this term)

FC Saviet\Bellamy

Not bad eh what do you all think where could i improve??

Archived