• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the delay. :)

Version 0.21: http://www.sendspace.com/file/x0fvcw

v0.21 Changelist:

- Adjusted finances (prize money, tv money, parachute payments)

- Adjusted some ticket prices and figures

- Added (fictional) awards

Tested until 2023.

Finances are still a bit on the high side, but often largely due to clubs being run with the aim of reducing costs, selling players for a profit etc. With the ambition that exists in the League, as well as the funding and the present attempts to stabilise the financial situation, the level of reasonable wealth and stability I observed in 2023 may not be far from reality. Hopefully anyway. ;)

If you try to load too many nations and leagues with this .xml file the game will crash. Haven't had the same problem with others.

Too bad.. I was really looking forward to including the Cypriot league in my journeyman game :(

cypriotcrash.th.jpg

It's very strange indeed. I think there are some issues with the XML data being a bit muddled and glitched by the new editor. I still can't work out why the awards don't work properly either.

Anyway, it seems to work fine with all other Leagues. :) I've brought this up in the bugs forum.

A few planned changes for the future:

- Correcting of League names (Division 2/3 -> B/C Division)

- Correcting of badges (I have found a few clubs have alternate logos, and I'm looking into which is the correct one)

- Hopefully sorting out XML glitches regarding crashes with Singapore and awards not appearing

Thanks. :)

By the way, the download now has a readme included, explaining where to put the XML and the graphics.

To run the Cypriot League, insert Cyprus.xml in to the "Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data" folder. The game should then recognise and load the XML on running the game or creating a new game.

In order to get logos/badges working correctly, the cyp folder simple needs to be placed in the "Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics" folder.

If either of these folders do not exist, create them.

Enjoy. :)

If the graphics dont show, you need to untick 'use skin cache' and tick 'reload skin on confirm'.

UPDATE.

Well, it's taken about 6/7 hours, but I'm pleased to announce the newest update..

The Cypriot D Division and C & D Division Cup. :D

I've had to add about 10 of the 15 teams to the DB, and as best I could find information to add players (already in the DB), kits, stadium and staff. I've also tried to get logos for as many of the teams as possible, and updated a few of the already existing ones. Any help in finding the missing ones would be very appreciated. :)

I've also retweaked finances for all leagues and cups, and made a few other corrections and changes here and there. 7 substitutes are now allowed rather than 5.

Awards are still not working, and any help would be appreciated.

Big thanks to The Guy From The Sunny Place for helping me with translation, research and information.

Testing is on-going, but expect a download available within the next day. :)

:)

Okay, here it is!

Version 0.3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8ezqqm

v0.3 Changelist:

- Added D Division and created a number of teams within.

- Added C&D Division Cup.

- Added logos for newly created teams where possible.

- Corrected/improved logos for some existing teams

- Tweaked finances (again!)

- Fixed awards

- Renamed divisions to their correct names

- Renamed 'Player of the Month' to 'Carlberg Player of the Month Award'

- Added new media sources

- Corrected team kits and colours where needed.

- Erroneous 3rd kits deleted/replaced.

- A few other fixes/changes

Tested up until 2020.

Only known issue remains the Singapore crash.

BIG BIG BIG thanks to The Guy From The Sunny Place and Candre168!

Will do. Very impressed with the amount of logos found! Its a shame that apart from the big 4, its exceedingly difficult to find facepacks for the players. Can't find any kits either on the net.

I guess I'll have to start with Apoel, could never manage Omonoia! (I know its like picking Man Utd in the premiership, but the challenge will be to become European Giants)

Thanks for the positive feedback! :) I'm not a fan of facepacks so I'm not planning on including them and unfortunately it's near impossible to find kits, I've found.

Can anyone confirm if awards are working or not?

A few things I plan to change in future:

- Change/correct names of some clubs. Abbreviations etc.

- Correct some kits (after some further research)

I'm managing Paralimniou at the moment. :cool:

I'm pretty sure something's gone wrong somewhere; I'll take a look later on! It's not a big issue, just a bemusing and slightly annoying one.

Also, does anyone know how the yellow cards = ban system works in Cyprus? I have it as a ban per 4 yellows but I doubt it's right.

The player of the month award for September went to Zurawski, 2nd place was Galanis (centre back), and 3rd was a newly signed midfielder. So no problems as far as I can see (assuming I've understood you correctly)?

No idea about the suspension rules, but 4 yellows sounds reasonable to me.

A few comments: The super cup was played at APOP Kinyras' ground, when in real life it was played at the GSP (I was there, terrible game but at least Apoel won). A very minor point, but I gather you are a stickler for the details! Also, fixtures are very congested at the begining of the season, in October and November Apoel have a few occasions where there is only a 3 day gap between league games, (possibly affected by playing in the champs league, not sure?), while in February of the following year only one league game is scheduled. Is this something that is easily remedied or this decided by the editor randomly? I also noticed that prize money for the league is very much overstated, but that's your choice and given the relatively poor state of all Cypriot teams (apart from Omonoia) it does give the player the chance to try to improve their squads.

Thanks for the feedback!

Prize money is higher than in reality in order to prevent teams becoming overly insecure financially. In reality, the CyFA give each club a significant amount of money to help with running costs and debts, and I've deemed this method the best compromise. I've spent a lot of time trying to create a balance that allows successful teams to prosper while the rest don't suffer too badly. I've also tried to create greater financial security in the future, which is a priority for Cypriot clubs at the moment, as they start being run more like a business after years of mismanagement.

The Super Cup I may have set it to neutral rather than national; it's certainly supposed to be at the GSP so thanks for drawing this to my attention. I think the main issue with fixtures is that I'm using more or less the real dates, but with fewer games as I cannot include the split. I've noticed I've had stupidly long gaps without matches when not in the cup or Europe, so I'll be looking into how to improve this. Maybe leaving the fixtures for the cup entirely up to AI might rebalance it; I'll see. :D

Player of the Month on my last save all went to DLs so I'm very confused there. If it's working for others, I'll leave it as it is I think.

Thanks again, and hope you're enjoying it :)

Fair enough, you make a very good argument for leaving the prize money as it is. Yeah, the fixtures issue is sure going to tire out my players in the run up to christmas, but at least they can have a nice long rest in February! If the next player of month awards seem strange I'll let you know, but given that the first lot seemed very reasonable and realistic I would imagine everthing will be good.

Enjoying it is putting it mildly, so thank you!

As far as I can see, there is no option to select where the Super Cup is played. :(

Yeah I have same problem.. very strange as you can decide where to play the cup final.. but hopefully this will be in the next version of the editor..

Player of the Month on my last save all went to DLs so I'm very confused there. If it's working for others, I'll leave it as it is I think.

If you create an award it can cause a problem but if you duplicate from another league or any competition and add to yours it would be no probs... I tested it for Player Of The week award I get the award from MLS to My League and its working %100 well

I'm trying to get badges for the remaining teams. So far I've found two, both of which have been of such poor quality I have had to recreate them from scratch, excluding or guessing text.

One of these I only found due to:

Olympos Xylofagou striker Panagiotis Pontikos banged in 16 goals against SEK Ayios Athanasios FC to help his side win 24-3 in Cypriot third division game on May 7, 2007.

His feat is worthy of a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records as the number of goals scored by a single player in a game.

Pontikos was not even in the top five of top scorers in the division but he doubled his tally in the single game against SEK to take himself to the top of the scoring charts.

His goals were timed at 3, 20, 33, 35, 47, 50, 55, 56, 58, 61, 68, 75, 76, 83, 86 and 87 minutes.

This led me to this:

25akar4.jpg

If this is indeed him, this is the only picture of their badge I can find.

Cyprus is impossible to implement properly onto FM , due to the playoff system, so I think having a league that just ends after 26 games is the closest you will get.

A lot of effort went into getting this very accurate with the logos and effort though :thup:

The limitations of the editor are plain for all to see! Is SI looking to improve the editor in a future patch? :(

Facepacks coming on well. :)

Looking at doing a few other things. At the moment I'm looking to sort out player and contract issues.

So far:

- Dobrasinovic has had his nationality corrected.

- Theodosis Kyprou from Omonoia has been added to the DB

- Aguirre and La Cruz have had their contracts at Omonoia terminated to reflect reality

:)

I'm uncertain about what to do with the facepacks. Some clubs/players are included in the mega facepack in the graphics forum, and also some of mine (particularly for Anorthosis) aren't too great.

However, as I can't imagine everyone wants to download such a large pack, I'm going to continue. Some of the mega pack images aren't of great quality, and I'm somewhat pleased with my pictures for APOEL and Omonoia so far.

Not all of the squads are included, but I think you'll find that all the major squad players have images. :) The facepack has a few players I don't, but in somewhat poor quality. I may look to find better alternatives.

Great work Hersie! How many clubs have you created?

Thanks. :)

If you're referring to the update rather than the facepacks, I've created 9 clubs I believe. Where I can I've tried to get kits and logos and add any players that are in the DB, but as information is so sparse there's little more than a name, a year founded, a kit, and a stadium with an estimated capacity in some instances.

As for players, I think I created one or two (based on names alone - with guessed DOB and stats) in order to try and prevent the 'Sandy Martens' issue mentioned somewhere above. I also created Theodosis Kyprou of Omonoia, with thanks to The Guy From The Sunny Place. :) If there are any more players that I could/should add, and have sufficient information to do so, let me know!

Only three facepacks done still as I've been busy. :(