Newcastle Tactic (league domination)

Whilst i agree that it is very simple to make this (or any) tactic and some forum users are very lazy at times, your attitude stinks. Why on earth did you bother opening this thread if you "couldn't care less how many other teams can crowbar it to make it work"?

Oh, and for what it's worth i tried this for 30 games with my Shrewsbury side and we got tonked mostly and we sit 13th in the table in Leauge 2, so it's a big thumbs down from me. Thanks anyway.

I totally agree with you mate.

Are Shrewsbury predicted to come first in their league?

Are they, man-for-man, better than any other team in the league?

Should they approach every game, home and away, looking to dominate the opposition and win without a great deal of trouble?

If the answer is yes to all of the above, that this tactic didn't work with Shrewsbury disappoints me and I offer my condolences.

However, if the above does not apply, you failed to comprehend even the title of this thread and I have no apologies for you.

The title of the thread? Well it's just you telling us how well you're doing with one of the best sides in the league isn't it? This thread maybe should be in the career updates forum. From what i can see you clearly have no interest in helping others and i sense sat behind your keyboard you're an angry little man.

Not at all. It's a Newcastle tactic that should win the league without effort beyond initial set up and man-management. Not a career update, it's a tactic which is primarily for use with the Newcastle squad. Quite specific, I would agree, but there's clearly a market for that as you can see.

Just because you're the best team in the league, success isn't necessarily guaranteed.

To be honest, I think it says more about you than the people who are asking for a download. I mean, what's your problem? It's like making a guest a cup of tea but then making them come to the kitchen to get it rather than taking it into the lounge for them! What you trying to prove? That we live in a lazy world, or something? Get over yourself!

I am amazed at the negativity aimed at the op. He stated at the start what his intentions were. Whether the op is in the right place or not it is were it is!

If people cannot be bothered to follow his precise instructions and play around with the tactic then that is their decision. Also maybe he cannot upload the tactic, I would not know how to.

And no it does not say more about the op re his view/comments, that is a wild guestimate on someone's psyche and I do not think that any one on here is in a position to make a valid comment on the person's personality and so on.

There is so many people these days too ready to have a go without thinking, accepting or reading/listening to what others' say. This thread is getting peppered with people like that.

This thread is simply about NUFC and one person's tactical way of getting promoted; it is as simple as that.

It would be more constructive to ask about the tactic.

I have found it particular hard tactic re the op's instruction and have had to change them especially the aggression aspect. I also found myself ending up with draws at home when I should be winning according to the pundits. Maybe it's my opening team talk, player choice or a combination of a number of factors.

Anyway it is an interesting tactic and one that NUFC should be able to use given their team and qualities they have for the fizzy pop league.

Have a nice day

K…:)

It's like making a guest a cup of tea but then making them come to the kitchen to get it rather than taking it into the lounge for them!

Nice strawman. You're begging the question that all tactics must have accompanying downloads, which simply isn't true any more. I'm hoping that, by not providing a download link, less people will come back here complaining that it doesn't work with their team - as has happened above with Shrewsbury. The one-size fits all tactic died a few versions ago.

--snip--

Cheers Kazza, nice to know some people realise what this thread was about.

ZdlR!

Thanks for the tactic. I've used it in one game so far which resulted in a 0-0 away draw with Hayes & Yeading - a minor triumph for my Chester side!

Do you use the Opposition Instructions function? After a while on FM09 I found myself not using it but do you think it made a difference to your Newcastle performances? What about the Touchline instructions? I'm only a few games into my first season but I'm not sure what to make of them.

ZdlR!

Thanks for the tactic. I've used it in one game so far which resulted in a 0-0 away draw with Hayes & Yeading - a minor triumph for my Chester side!

Do you use the Opposition Instructions function? After a while on FM09 I found myself not using it but do you think it made a difference to your Newcastle performances? What about the Touchline instructions? I'm only a few games into my first season but I'm not sure what to make of them.

Hi

I certainly use the Oppo instructions I find them invaluable. I also use touchline instructions depending on how I am performing. I also use the backroom advice depending if my assman and first coach agree, otherwise I take note and see how the game plays out.

K..:)

In the Championship I ignored them because it took too long to set them up for negligible gain. I'm using them more now in the Prem, usually at half time in response to the analysis data. I use touchline instructions all the time, as per the new TT&F.

think it would work for top prem teams? might give it a go if you do

I believe this tactic should work for any team with the right personnel who is a decent favourite to win a game. I think it might be a decent Chelsea tactic, although I'd be worried about using wingers rather than inside forwards as has been suggested.

Fantastic feedback and so indepth, maybe we can now analyse why you failed with the tactic!!!

Blah

We don't need to anyalyze his tactic afterall it's designed to get Newcastle promoted and i used it to the letter and it failed to do what it said so therfore it sucked !!

We don't need to anyalyze his tactic afterall it's designed to get Newcastle promoted and i used it to the letter and it failed to do what it said so therfore it sucked !!

I said we need to analyse why you failed not the "tactic" (maybe we can now analyse why you failed with the tactic).

You say nothing that gives an idea of assman advice, players used and in what position or any other clues to your give away statement about the tactic "sucks" - that is why I dismissed it.

I am using a variation of the tactic but not for every game and have mixed success but to say it sucks methinks it is because he would not upload a link!!!

If you really want an intelligent debate or discussion try and be more specific as giveaway comments are rather immature!

Tried a few different tictacs and this one seems to be doing canny, its a shame though as i personally hate playing one p front. I've tried a slight change in putting 2 upfront but it didn't work out, however simply swapping the DMC to an AMC role behind the striker and im finding that role coming alive, default settings.

I said we need to analyse why you failed not the "tactic" (maybe we can now analyse why you failed with the tactic).

You say nothing that gives an idea of assman advice, players used and in what position or any other clues so your give away statement - that is why I dismissed it.

I am using a variation of the tactic but not for every game and have mixed success but to say it sucks methinks it is because he would not upload a link!!!

If you really want an intelligent debate or discussion try and be more specific as giveaway comments are rather immature!

I like the way you think it's my fault that i failed when in fact it was the tactic that failed after leaving it a season to run whilst i was on holiday. And i don't want to debate the tactic i found it didn't work and won't be continuing with the tactic and will stick to my own tactics. And in future i'll comment on things how i see fit not how you would like them you pathetic little idiot!!

I like the way you think it's my fault that i failed when in fact it was your tactic that failed when i ran it through a season on holiday so why don't you stop acting a idiot and talking down to people like your some sort of god when in fact your just a rude obnoxious little ****!!

Oh dear an inarticulate person and the fact you played it on holiday - what a dolt!!!

Grow up.

K...:)

People quite often test tactics by leaving it on holiday you will find.

Hopefully, your assman will be good at team talks because they seem to be pretty important. Especially if you're trying to win a league. I know it's intended to be a click-and-win tactic for Newcastle, but that's taking things a little far :p

Working fantastic for my Newcastle team..

16 games, 14 wins, 1 draw and 1 lose

Macheda 9 games 9 goals, Carroll 5 games 5 goals..

Spector is online now Report Post Reply With Quote

Glad it seems to be working for you as well as it was for me.

Oh and don't talk to me or others like your better than us you dick!

I see you have an infraction and a tendency to be rude to others posters as well. I have not disrespected any others only you as you are rude and seem unable to discuss without resorting to rudeness and name calling. My last response to you as you a seem a waste of time.

Grow up and chill out it may help you in later life. Oh have a nice day.

K,..:)

I see you have an infraction and a tendency to be rude to others posters as well. I have not disrespected any others only you as you are rude and seem unable to discuss without resorting to rudeness and name calling. My last response to you as you a seem a waste of time.

Thank god for that then you were starting to bore me.

First of all this is a fantastic post and a brilliant experiment.

Second of all I think all you people who want the quick fix and a download need to go elsewhere. Just like Cleon's post for 09 what is being shown here is that you can be sucessful with any formation just by keeping things simple and work the formation around your team not your team around you formation.

Zdlr good job with this and look forward to seeing how it ends up

If you mean team instructions then advance they cover specific instructions and set pieces.

ps As an aside I find that telling my team that I expect a win at home never seems to work..anyone else has teamtalk issues?

By 'never seems to work', do you mean that some players end up 'playing nervously' or they just don't 'look motivated'? If it's the latter, I ended up accepting that this was the best I could do - any other team talk tended to yield complacency.

It was only in the first half of the season that 'expect a win' generated nervous players - mainly away from home and often after we had conceded.

This formation is working great for me at Leeds. (Although slightly changed)

I'm playing it as 4-4-2 but all of the instructions are the same.

I was doing ok before, P9 W3 D6 L0.

I wasn't conceeding many but wasn't scoring either. Since adopting your tactic I have now P15 W8 D7 L0, I am now scoring a lot more goals. I have beaten two teams that were sitting on top before I played them. I'm now in second place 1 point behind and +18 goals. Things are looking up!

Ignore list is your friend :thup:

Saves me from having to read posts from only one forum member so far, but one who will only post in threads where I posted to have a go at me...

I thought I would have a look at this, mainly because I'm also playing as Newcastle.

Extraordinarily, after 33 games I had exactly the same amount of points as ZdlR!

I've now got 90 points after 40 games, have won Promotion and winning the Championship is a formality (need 5 points from last 6 games).

I thought I would take this tactic and change it a bit. Changed set pieces, mentality, I make personal tweaks during the game, etc.

Thanks for this, I normally play 4-4-2 and probably wouldn't have changed my mind if I didn't read this!

Yes I too got promoted using a mixture of this 451 and variations on a 442 tactic but living in the premiership has brought a whole lot of new thinking re tactics.

It's hard but gratifying as you need to listen to your backroom staff and tweak your individual players instructions.

I started a thread re a little experiment that I carried out re using my intuitive 442 formation and what the backroom staff advised. I found it quite illuminating and realised that my backroom staff know more than me (not surprising really). Ignoring them cost me games.

Enjoying trying to get NUFC to be a decent team. I was given a cash injection of £14m for transfers which helped.

I created this tactic, exactly as instructed, for my little tactics trial, whereby I ran 78 different tactics on holiday mode with the demo version, using Birmingham City, no signings, no sales, and this tactic produced the 2nd best results out of all of them, so credit due to the OP, nice one.

Thanks very much for the detailed post, I've been struggling like mad tactically (in my third job and struggling in that, too).

*edit* Right, it's only two games, I know, and I've lost them both 2-1, but there's been a remarkable difference in my team's (Bolton) attitude.

Had a rough ride against Chelsea, in which we took the lead, but restricted them to long shots and had a few chances ourselves. Second game against Everton, matched them for every ball, unlucky to lose.

The team's morale has risen, their training performances have improved and hopefully I can get this team from the foot of the table.

Snr Sarg: Where did Birmingham end up in the league you test? I'd be surprised to stay in the league using a tactic as attacking as this withat a team predicted for relegation? I imagine it was the home form that kept them up?

Jornada: Even if you don't use this tactic, hang on it there. The best advice I would give anyone struggling with tactics is to play around for while in a save you don't have a vested interest in and discover what works and what doesn't through trial and error.

thezogsageordie(sadly, he isn't anymore): Glad to hear you're having comparable success with this tactic. I used to play 442 all the time in 09 but, unless you're willing to sacrifice a central midfielder to a defensive duty, the balance never seems right.

Kazza: Congratulations on promotion ;) The EPL is a different kettle of fish, certainly. I started brightly, winning games home and away that I should be, but recent results have seen me drop 5 points at home that I would have expected to pick up. Using a 4231 that is slowly morphing into a 4321 Christmas tree. Possession is brilliant and my new look team are definitely stay up, I reckon. Hopefully, I'll finish around midtable. You bought anyone with your £14m?

The results started picking up; I'd lost 11 straight games beforehand, and after the two improved losses we won our first game, losing just once in the next six. Still got relegated and sacked, but hey, it was fun whilst it lasted!

I've started again anyway, my reputation got so bad that I couldn't get a job in the Premiership any more. I'll report back with any findings, just tailoring it to my Fulham side.

Hi

Glad to see you doing well (apart from the blip)

Yes I went on a spending spree.

First off did not renew Butt or Geremi contracts (fans were not happy but saved £100k+ wages).

Then sold Haris Vuckic to Barca for £7m (fans liked that)

Bought In: (After a lot of research)

Jean Calve (D/WBR) for 1.9m (AS Nancy Lorraine)

Javier Garrido (D/WBL) for 1.7m (Man City)

Zoran Tosic (AMRL) for 3.9m (Man U)

Jeremy Menez (AMRLC/ FC) for £4m (Roma)

Jose Paolo Guerro (AM/FC) free

Lucas Castroman (AM/FC) free

Marlon Harewood (Striker) free

Spent 11.6M

Balance 10.9m (not sure what to do so will sit on it for the time being)

So far so good. Lying 6th after 8 games won4/drawn3/lost1. Mainly due to listening to the advice of the backroom staff and playing a lot of 451 formations tweaked to suit opposition. It seems that a lot of the teams do not like that formation. Tried various 442 with some success.

Early days but got a fantastic shock result at home against MU 2-0 (451). Draw at Liverpool1-1(451) but lost to the gunners(442).

I find it takes a lot longer (fm09 v fm10) to get the formation into place before a match. Though that tactic creator is certainly worth it's wait ion gold for me.

Archived