dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chippenham Town End of season Update 25/26 season

Just a brief update here as i forgot to take screenshots before i ploughed on into the new season.

managed to finish my second spell in the premiership above the drop in 15th place.

for those interested in my game Man U are in the championship and have been for 2 years now.

League Table

My First Job Offer this has been followed by more since.

Star Player

Originally posted by kaNovi:

Dafuge

Just to make sure; if i scout the olympics or world cup u21 or something.. am i allowed to sign the players scouted, even though i wouldnt be able to scout them at their club ?

cheers

Yes, you could sign a player provided you can get a scout report from your scout covering the tournament.

AFC Wimbledon - End of season report: 2008-9

League: The Table says it all really. Brilliant start, which has lead to me being first all season. A comfortable promotion (I've been champions since the middle of March!)

Cup: 2nd round of the FA cup, where I lost to Walsall. 3rd round of the FA trophey, and only 2nd round of the Sentanta Shield, which the board was appalled by.

Finances: Good, until I won the league, when my win bonus (set on high) put me in massive debt!! The board weren't very happy about that...

Players: PLayer of the BSS was Lewis Grabban, who scored 54 , 35 assists, and 18 MoMs! His coach report says it all, really!

coach report

Summary: Great season overall, but a slightly lower win bonus next year, methinks!

Since Crystal Palace only just about avoided relegation to League 1 last season, and the fact they are running out of reserve players for their 3 feeders, I terminated the link.

Amazingly my chairman came back with the choice of MK Dons or Premiership Fulham, so I have gone with Fulham for my new parent club.

Yessssss I did it! I have been promoted to the premiership!! Wasn't promoted till last minute of the last day.. Bolton had exactly the same points and goal difference but for some reason they were 2nd. icon_confused.gif (I had beat them home and drew away) But in the last minute Norwich scored so that Bolton beat them 3-2 and I had a better goal difference by only 1 goal! icon_biggrin.gif will post a full update tomorrow.

Originally posted by leth4l87:

Yessssss I did it! I have been promoted to the premiership!! Wasn't promoted till last minute of the last day.. Bolton had exactly the same points and goal difference but for some reason they were 2nd. icon_confused.gif (I had beat them home and drew away) But in the last minute Norwich scored so that Bolton beat them 3-2 and I had a better goal difference by only 1 goal! icon_biggrin.gif will post a full update tomorrow.

Congratulations on your promotion.

Dons - patching will affect a current game save, however the latest data update wont be as it is a different database.

No idea how slappy-bag got Dougie Freedman but his Grabban screen shot clearly shows a terminate loan button so I'd guess he got a loan on that one.

Originally posted by leth4l87:

Yay, another one in the Premiership. icon_biggrin.gif Nicely done. icon14.gif

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by happy slappy:

Isn't using the editor against the rules?

icon_frown.gif

I just ignore it now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How would you know the editor has been used in this case?

Originally posted by Phil1987:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by countyfan52:

Ok I've signed up with Ilkston Town.

Almost at Xmas and quite frankly its been disappointing so far. I can't attract anyone at all hardly, certainly anyone of any quality, and yet I seem to have blown my budget.

get them on free transfers matey </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I say budget I mean my wage budget. icon_smile.gif

Although the only players that are interested on free transfers are pretty rubbish... icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by kccircle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by happy slappy:

icon_frown.gif

How would you know the editor has been used in this case? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can never "know", but you see that someone has Grabban & Freedman in Conference South in 2008 and the alsrm bells start to ring.

Then you look at the posters posting history and you see that on 23rd November he posted in the Editors Hideaway about using FMM 2.21 for 8.01 and then a little further down you see a forum post, (again in Editors Hideaway entitled "change database of saved game".

The options are to start a war by complaining that the poster is cheating and should be banned, (which I did at times last season), or just add him to my list, (which is what I do now).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

icon_frown.gif

How would you know the editor has been used in this case? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can never "know", but you see that someone has Grabban & Freedman in Conference South in 2008 and the alsrm bells start to ring.

Then you look at the posters posting history and you see that on 23rd November he posted in the Editors Hideaway about using FMM 2.21 for 8.01 and then a little further down you see a forum post, (again in Editors Hideaway entitled "change database of saved game".

The options are to start a war by complaining that the poster is cheating and should be banned, (which I did at times last season), or just add him to my list, (which is what I do now). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think you should be too fast to judge though jimbo. I mean, I somehow managed to get Toby Osman for my Matlock team in the BSP, and he was considered to be good enough for the CCC. Even though you wouldn't have seen enough posts by me to know whether I'm trustworthy or not, I can say that from my (non-editor using) experience, it is possible to sign quality players for low level clubs. Although, I've only ever done it once :p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

sniff sniff icon_wink.gif

God damn teacher training days icon_wink.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish

First day off ill this year icon_frown.gif

Season 2010/11 Review - Tiverton Town in the Blue Square Premier

After last year's playoff win, I was expecting a tough season in the BSP.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Struggled at first, but soon things improved. It looked like I was destined for a mid table finish but my good form continued into the latter part of the season, nearly getting me a playoff spot.

Squad

Squad

Signed Great Uncle Bulgaria as a coach in the hope of attracting some foreign players, got one but he was pretty rubbish.

Star Player

Had him on loan from Plymouth last season where he scored 20 from 38 games, for some reason he was much better this time. No doubt his contract will expire, Plymouth will release him and he'll never sign sign for me before retiring in his early twenties.

Jimbo - I remember last years challenge, you had a race going with 2 players for most goals. You also had a player you stuck with whatever happened. Will we see something like this again? It was great fun to follow icon_biggrin.gif

Havent had net on my laptop for a few days now, but i managed to do preeety well in the L1 this season

Season End - Boreham Wood - League one 13/14

Table

Graph

An amazing season where we did great every game.

We didnt have any injuries that could ruin our run so we ended up beeing deserved champions!

Besides the league we managed to get to 4th round of the FA cup against chelsea away.

First leg ended 0-0 and i was truly amazed. I managed to get exactly 1 mio euro from this game !!

Home leg i was a little unlucky(keep in mind chelsea were 2nd in the PL at this time)

Chelsea FA cup 4th round

Well..

Here are some of the decent players i managed to sign pre season:

Mihalov

Played well when he wasnt injuried.. i think he can do got in championship as well

Hindmarch

Had him on loan last season from my parent arsenal, and luckely he was released and i got him icon_biggrin.gif class player!

Raffin

Could become a great act for the club, unfortunaly he has some stiff competition for the lonely striker spot, in my all star;

Bradshaw

AMAZING!! 49 goals in the season!!!! he was not injured this season(as last season where he only played 20 games icon_frown.gif ) and what a player! he will be following me as long as i can keep him, fortunaly i got him to sign a new 5 year contract icon_biggrin.gif

Squad

I look forward to my new season, allthough im gonna need inforcement on the midfield as some of my players didnt want to sign a new deal icon_frown.gif

But the good news is that i get a new stadium!!!

Last but not least heres my improved manager profile icon_biggrin.gif

Manager Profile, Look at my rep, la la la la la

Originally posted by Dons:

Jimbo - I remember last years challenge, you had a race going with 2 players for most goals. You also had a player you stuck with whatever happened. Will we see something like this again? It was great fun to follow icon_biggrin.gif

We might icon_wink.gif.

I already have one contender at the club.

I'm a Barnet fan irl, and we currently have a bit of a legend playing for us at the moment in Liam Hatch. In previous seasons he has been big and strong and athletic and his workrate is absolutely phenomenal for a big man. The fans absolutely love him, although it wasn't until this season that he has got the goals that his efforts deserved.

Anyway, Liam Hatch was born in Hitchin, and I am managing Hitchin, so of course one of my first signings was...... Liam Hatch.

After a pretty awful start we seem to have turned the corner and Liam ended his 10 hour run without a goal by spanking 4 goals past a hapless Eastleigh. So I suppose because he is one of my favourite players in real life and the fact that he seems to be doing the business in the game, (before getting injured), gives him an advantage over other members of tyhe squad.

His main strike parter at the moment, (fitness permitting), is another Barnet legend. Graz may be old, but has some pretty special PPM's for a striker that I plan on getting him to pass on to others before he retires.

It's only in FM08 that I have realised quite how effective certain PPM's can be, (especially with relation to the nimber of good chances that seem to not be taken in the game.

In any case, as the game progresses I will re-introduce Jimbo's stats corner icon_wink.gif.

My plan is to try and team Hatchy up with Super Kyle at some point in the future. If I could get Super Kyle in time to get him to learn some PPM's from Graz, then that would be ideal, but I don't think time is on my side on that one. Super Kyle is already 22 and scored 23 goals in my holiday season and already has another 6 this season as Barrow struggle in the relegation zone.

Originally posted by migwar:

dafuge, that was supposed to be fixed by the patch....

It was were I had sent my scout out to look at loads of players and a lot of them had retired. Annoyingly the scout reports kept coming in despite the players retiring.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

This is not good

I've had 2 of those with FM08, but neverv any on-going issues as a result. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Luckily I haven't lost too much, and I've managed to play on beyond it with no problems.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

Finally

Is that your first job offer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, quite late.. my rep has been national the last two years, and is now continental

Archived