dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Stamford - Blue Square Premier - 2018/19 End of Season Update

Well the season started well with a 14 match unbeaten run, and then due to some cup runs and internation call ups, I hit a large patch of fixture congestion. As a result the best I could finish was 8th, which is a record high for the club.

Talking of cup runs, I got to:

3rd Round of FA Cup to lose to a championship side

Quarters of the Setanta Shield

Final of FA Trophy (which will be a separate update).

My "Premiership quality" Bermudan striker I eventually sold, for £250k up front, £250k more after 30 league goals, and a 50% sell on clause.

Graph

Confidence

Transfers

Aims for next season

1) For the team of alleged League 1/2 stars that I have to start acting like it and get promoted

2) If I dont get promoted (or at least playoffs) to retry the challenge and get a club with a board that will give me a parent club and some ambitions

3) Ask board for some facility upgrades in the off chance they will agree

4) Pray for a board takeover so I can perhaps get a parent club.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by rlipscombe:

well i said i was going to wait for the patch to start a new challenge game, but i just can't wait!!!! so, i introduce the new manager of Matlock Town...

Profile picture

again, i join a club with no players other than a few youth players. i have no staff again, so i decided to sign up the staff i had at Worksop, as they did pretty well for me.

as for players, i set out to sign up the best players i had for worksop. i have managed to sign ben saynor, jack palmer, brian mcewan, justin cochrane, luke malcher and Zavon hines. i am waiting to hear from oliver hotchkiss, although i have competition for him... icon_frown.gif i am also about to sign Darryl knights, which should hopefully give me a pretty potent strikeforce.

i haven't got a parent club, and my board won't give me one, which i'm not too chuffed about...

will post more soon but wanted to get up and running again on the forum.

hooray!! hotchkiss turned down 5 other clubs to come to me... darryl knights is asl on board, as is matt o'halloran who was good for me at worksop before he got a long-term injury. just wished i'd told the board i'd get promotion to have got a bit more in wages as i'm almost at my limit now...

Originally posted by Gilbster:

Stamford - Blue Square Premier - 2018/19 End of Season Update

Well the season started well with a 14 match unbeaten run, and then due to some cup runs and internation call ups, I hit a large patch of fixture congestion. As a result the best I could finish was 8th, which is a record high for the club.

Talking of cup runs, I got to:

3rd Round of FA Cup to lose to a championship side

Quarters of the Setanta Shield

Final of FA Trophy (which will be a separate update).

My "Premiership quality" Bermudan striker I eventually sold, for £250k up front, £250k more after 30 league goals, and a 50% sell on clause.

Graph

Confidence

Transfers

Aims for next season

1) For the team of alleged League 1/2 stars that I have to start acting like it and get promoted

2) If I dont get promoted (or at least playoffs) to retry the challenge and get a club with a board that will give me a parent club and some ambitions

3) Ask board for some facility upgrades in the off chance they will agree

4) Pray for a board takeover so I can perhaps get a parent club.

Oh man Gilbster, I know how you feel about being bogged down in the Blue Squares. I'm only in my third season, but ughhh, it feels like it is impossible to get a good squad and tactic combination that can push up to league 2. Sounds like you are slowly getting there though. Hopefully next season you break free of the shackles. As for me, I'm about 3/4 of my way through the third season, looking like prime relegation candidates. Although I did beat a league 2 side in the FA Cup, giving me some record gate receipts of 70k. I'll need that money next year when I'm back with my Blue Square North buddies. icon_frown.gif

Halesowen - Blue Square North - 2009/10

Promotion (Second time of asking)

Play-off winners would have prefered to have won the league but Leigh ran away with the league.

We went on a huge unbeaten run in the middle of the season but it wasn't enough to catch Leigh and with poor results towards the end of the season ruined my chances of winning the league

FA Cup- 3rd Round - Lost 5-0 to Arsenal

FA Trophy - 3rd Qualifing Round - Lost 1-0 to Bromley

Setanta Sheild - North 3rd Round - Lost 1-0 to Solihull Moors

Table

Transfers

Squad

End of Season Update - 2012/2013 (Ilkeston Town)

2008/2009 - 14th Blue Square North

2009/2010 - 15th Blue Square North

2010/2011 - 2nd Blue Square North (promoted via playoffs)

2011/2012 - 11th Blue Square Premier

2012/2013 - 6th Blue Square Premier

Missed out on the playoffs in the last game of the season, gutted!

Well this season we scored goals for fun, but unfortunately also conceded for fun too. Home form was excellent but indifferent away.

Next season I expect us to push on and get promoted, we have a strong squad and some REALLY good kids coming through (see below). I'm going to invest in defence and change my tactics slightly to be more defensive.

Lots of Championship clubs are sniffing around my star striker so I guess a lot hinges on whether I can keep hold of him.

League Table

Squad

Stats

Star Striker - Zac Richardson

Amazing Youngster - Alan Hogg (look at those stats in the reserves!!)

Youngster Number 2 - Carl Sharp

Tiverton Town - Blue Square Premier - June 2012 - End of Season Round-Up

Final Posotion = 3rd

Promotion Via Playoffs

League Table

Dedided to stay in last night and finish the season, seeing as i was in hospital early this morning. A crate of lager and two hours of sleep later and i was taking some really questionable histories, but i managed to get the season completed! This was my second season in the blue square premier and i was confident of making the playoffs with the free signings i had made over the summer. My only failing was in signing a really good striker but Joel Barnett did enough. Form was inconsistant once again, and i still really struggle away from home.

Squad

Finances were once again good this season. Season ticket sales and attandances were evry similar to last season which meant the bank balance remained at around 300K. Still no money for players and a relatively small wage budget but i am managing! Really hope the board dig deep for next season in league two. Still no renevation of the training, youth or stadia. Nor are board sanctioning any more parent or feeder clubs. We are still semi professional but i hope for this to change once the new season gets underway.

Finances

Confidence

I worry that the sqaud will struggle in League Two and it looks that there is some real quality in the division. I just hope that the board realise the need for investment and that our reputation gets a big enough boost to attract some real quality players. Looking forward to new season but dont expect a great deal.

Club Stats/Records

Chairman = David Hyde

Club Value = 450K

Club Balance = 343K

Stadium = 3500 (400 seated)

Reputation = Local

Squad Age = 24

Total Transfer Spending = 0K

Total Transfer Incoome = 0K

Highest Attendance = 3482

Lowest Attendance = 460

Most Won in a Row = 5

Oldest Player = 44y 264 days

Youngest Plaayer = 16y 15 days

Originally posted by andy139s:

has anyone else noticed that when you play teams that aren't in the league structure in cup competitions

they always seem to have all players at 100% and you always seem to struggle no matter what tactics you use

surely teams like these would never have a squad full of players at 100%

Yep, I had the same problem. I usually struggle to beat these teams, and have lost to them on a few occasions...

Evertonbloke Season 3 Update

Not much to say about this season unfortunately. We had a pretty poor season and finshed 19th. There was never any danger of going down, but my formation doesnt work at this level! I was hoping it would last until we turned pro, but obviously not.

I'm going to post my final position then get back to it! I am letting a lot of players go this season so there will be lots of transfer dealsing to sort out icon_smile.gif

Table

My chairman has lost the plot icon_mad.gif

Earlier on in the season I was fighting off bids for my star right back, I had accepted a bid for £5m before changing my mind at the last minute and pulling out of the deal.

My chairman has just accepted a bid of £770k.

Originally posted by dafuge:

My chairman has lost the plot icon_mad.gif

Earlier on in the season I was fighting off bids for my star right back, I had accepted a bid for £5m before changing my mind at the last minute and pulling out of the deal.

My chairman has just accepted a bid of £770k.

Unlucky mate... icon13.gif

I haven't encountered this yet in FM08, but it'll probably start happening once the club turns professional...

Originally posted by dafuge:

I have a feeling it may be happening because I'm losing money because of the stadium expansion bug I experienced.

I think this might be the final straw for this save, I think I'll wait for the full patch before starting again.

I should probably read through the thread rather than asking (I'm a lazy bugger :p), but what is the expansion bug, and was it fixed in the latest beta patch?

Worksop - 08/09 - Season End

Well, life in the BSN started well, but gradually got more difficult. The team hovered around 10th for most of the season, and then began a slide which had us finishing in 15th. An extremely porous defense was to blame, as the boys up front more than did their job. Here are some pictures:

The Table

The Players

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Shocking Bromley Replay

Even More Shocking Altrincham Replay

Finally... the man who prevented relegation.

Sinclair was a beast, and managed at least two hat tricks during the season. He also managed to save a couple of draws for us, as did our keeper Fearon. Notable mentions should also go to Connolly, Rae, Shepherd and Goodwin.

My season was saved by a good run through the FA Trophy, reaching the semi-final and then getting hammered over two legs by Burton. The extra cash was good though, and when I got knocked out I was glad for it because the boys were starting to get very tired. Also, my matches against Bromley and Altricham in the Trophy were crazy, with both going to replays. I thought for sure after the Bromley match I would never experience such a stressful match in my life... only to be proven wrong by the follow-up against Altricham. A penalty shootout, where both keepers saved four in a row, then a miss by the opposition, and Rae slotting home the last one... magic!

Anyway, the roundup...

Blue Square North: 15th (and happy for it)

FA Cup: 3rd Qual. Rnd (to Lincoln Utd.)

Setanta: First Round North (to Vauxhall)

FA Trophy: Semi-Final (to Burton)

Best Player: Emile Sinclair (on loan from Nott. Forest - rating 7.34)

That's it.

Weird observation:

I have Irish as a second nationality and I've noticed over time my knowledge of Ireland's slowly increased for some reason.

Then sometime between checking my contract at the end of the second season and my profile while checking confidence at the start of the third I've gained half a bar of knowledge of Sweden. I've tracked back through news stories in case I'd forgotten something but I've not had any comments from other managers or mentioned a player who's Swedish.

Anyone have any ideas where half a bar came from?

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

I have a feeling it may be happening because I'm losing money because of the stadium expansion bug I experienced.

I think this might be the final straw for this save, I think I'll wait for the full patch before starting again.

I should probably read through the thread rather than asking (I'm a lazy bugger :p), but what is the expansion bug, and was it fixed in the latest beta patch? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's where your stadium becomes the size of the expansion, rather than the original size plus the expansion. It was fixed with the updated beta patch, but unfortunately it happened to me the day before the updated patch was released. My stadium went from 5600 to 1600, losing me a fair bit of money.

Witton Albion - Rodrigo De La Vega 09/10

08/09 - BS N - 2nd

09/10 - BS N - 2nd Promoted

Well it took another season but we got there. We didn't really fly as high as we'd done last season. Last season we had been 1st for a long while. This season Leigh took that. They even got the title with a few games to go.

Table

Jamie Bean was one of out better signings. The defensive midfielder took control in the middle of the park and made sure we won a lot more games. Even it was only by a goal. Super sub Daniel Hutchins did well too. I'd stick him on around the 65th 70th min and 'farrow' him forwards and in from the centre of midfield. He ended up in contention for player of the season.

Anyway, playoffs.

Drawn against Nuneaton for the Semi's.

Semi Leg 1

Semi Leg 2

Phew! A squeaker of a semi. The players were knackered after it so I wasn't holding out much hope for the final.

We were against Hinckley in the final.

Final

Get in! What a time to finally get a decision going your way.

The board offered me a new contract which i gladly took. I've started to offload some of the dregs and have brought in one or two players to stengthen the team for the step up. Hopefully I won't be playing BS North football for a long time.

Chippenham early season update - Season 2 - 09/10 - BSS

After finishing 10th in season 1, the board is expecting no less than a midtable finish this year (which is slightly odd as the long term goal is still survival by season 2). The wage budget has been raised slightly to 3.2k/w. The media prediction this season is 16th.

Dispite my scouts being horrendously busy since they close of last season, the transfer window has been incredibly slow this year. I had origionally planned on replacing virtual the entire back four and trying to find backups for virtually every position (I currently have almost no depth anywhere) but all the players I have wanted wouldn't touch me and those availible I just don't think would have cut it. Perhaps I've already started to set my standards too high.

After overachieving last season, many of my players are in incredible demand, mostly from BSP sides. I recieved an offer at the start of the window for 100k for the only member of the back four I was actually happy with. After negotiation, he was finally sold for 150k +50% sell on. I really didn't want to sell, but due to poor attendences last season, the clubs balance was fairly low and this would give me financial safety for several seasons at least. Several other players are still recieving bids of 100-150k, which i probably should take, but I just don't have replacements for them.

Its now three games into the season and the team has really been playing poorly. Moral is very poor. Despite conceeding only a goal a game, we have only scored once and currently sit 18th in the table with 1 point. I'm not really confident to be able to finish mid table so my scouts are still building up incredible amouts of overtime trying to find the right players to strengthen the squad.

Its really starting to look like I will lose a few more players, and with no depth I may be forced to bring just about anyone in just so I can field a first team. My young right winger who has exceptional football inteligence for his age has already recieved offers of 150k +50% which I have decided to reject because I really don't want to lose him. He is one of the few players in my team that actually has potential and I can see him being a vital part of this season. However, as he improves and sees more first team action I can only see the bids increasing and its only a matter of time before I'll have trouble refusing or the board will take matters into their own hands.

Were living day to day at the moment, and dispite it driving me crazy, I'm starting to feel at home at chippenham town icon_smile.gif

AFC Wimbledon update :

Season 08/09: 4th - 73 points - lost in play off semi final 2-1(agg) icon_frown.gif

Season 09/10 8th - 61 points icon_mad.gif

Season 10/11 so far - played 8 . won 4 drew 3 lost 1 , sitting 6th with 16 points icon_smile.gif

ive managed to get victor moses on loan from my parent club , crystal palace , on loan for the last 2 seasons : season 09/10 he scored 34 , and so far in the 10/11 campaign he has managed to bag himslef 10 goals from 8 games icon_biggrin.gif

3Sixty's Chippenham town Pre season update

Really really not holding out to much hope this season, expect to get relegated.

I decided at the end of last season that i really needed to bring in some better defenders, this went out the window when i spend so much on a striker i could have probably done without.

Transfers

Danny Rose - Didn't need another AML but couldn't really say no at this price.

Dani - Drafted in to fix up my defense also pretty cheep, but i need more in defense.

Emexca Orwubiko - In serious need of a nickname, in for back up to my DM's.

Toth - By far the best player in my team, now nicknamed casper.

Didn't expect this to happen in my first game, considering they slaughtered me 9-0 last season in a friendly.

Originally posted by cookie15:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rashidi1:

Gloucester City Tigers - Champions BSP

Ha Bury fumbled, the blistering pace we set towards the end burned them out..they needed to win their remaining four matches...dropped a point and we've secured the title

BSP Champs with 4 to go

remind me not to let my assman take charge anymore..decided to offer him the chance to helm the team for the last 4 matches..and he loses all of them convincingly

Congrats Rashidi, good to see you returning to form and doing well. You'll probably turn pro now too! icon_wink.gif

Good luck for next season icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually its one aspect of the game i find funny..whole team is already on pro contracts except for the coaches

Originally posted by michaeltmurrayuk:

Anyone else notice that the board/fans seem to just pick on a player for the sake of it - they don't seem to be impressed by the left winger I have on loan, but do they not realise he's not costing me a penny and has been played out of position to save someone more important getting injured (they did the same thing in the previous season with a youngster who sat on the bench and only came on for injury/tiredness).

Agreed I've had an issue with the scripting...shows lack of imagination.

Bedford Town - End of Season Report - Blue Square South

2008/2009 Season

I was really pleased how we performed, the media pundits had us set to be relegated at bottom of the league but despite that, and me having to build a whole new playing team aswell as backstage staff, we managed to regain form and gain a position of 3rd in the Blue Square South! Sadly, after getting to the final of the play-offs, we suffered a 1-0 defeat, mainly due to injurys. Nevermind, we will keep fighting on, and eventhough the media have yet again predicticted us to come in the bottom 3, promotion is an asset.

The season started out great, we won our first two games by big margins, but then our form kind of nose dived which saw us lose 7 on the trot. Things were bad, and we needed it to change. From that moment, I changed our standard 4-4-2 into a 4-5-1 which believe it or not, worked wonders. From losing, we went on to a 4 win streak and after a draw against eventuall champions Newport, we resumed the winning by smashing records and going on a 7 match winning streak!

January, and teams were interested in my big starts Nathan Wolfe and Jake Liverstone. I was definaytely not going to sell them, and they seemed happy about my judgemtnal decisions. So on we went, without any signing or sellings between the January transfer period. And to my astonishment, we kept on winning. After some more wins and darws, came a spotty period, but we overcame it and found our selfs comforatbly in a play-off position, which with a few ups and downs, we maintained.

The play-offsp/b] were exciting for me, the fans and the board, after a huge 7-1 aggregate win over Worchester, the only team infront of us and promotion was the dreaded Bognor Regis. We was hit with injusrys which I say lost us that match, 'nuff said on that matter.

The New Season

Currently still in the pre-season I personally think promotion is definately within our sights seeing as 80% of the teams in the league we beat by 3+ goals at some stage last season. I was infact given £0 of a transfer budget so ill have to do with free players again, wich isnt too bad seeing as Super Kyle is in there haha! Wolfe could finally have a worthy partner. Ill keep you informed on how things are going in January.

Manager Profile

League Table

Transfers

Nathan Wolfe - Fans Player of the Year

I fear i may be about to be struck by the attendance bug that has affected Jimbo so badly. Last year my average attendance was around the 2300 mark, after about 8 games this year it's down to 1400 despite the fact that we sit 2nd in the league and are playing quite well. I'll see how things go over the next few months but it's not looking good.

AFC Wimbledon End of season Report

Blue Square South - Season 2008/2009

Well my first season with AFC Wimledon is finished and overall the season must be classified as a success. I won the

Blue Square South icon_biggrin.gif My cup results was horrible and I was knocked out of all the cups early. I`m pretty sure that

this really helped my form in the league, so I`m not to disappointed. I made a rule to my self that I could only loan

two players, and they had to come from my parent club. I`ve loaned a midfielder that did he`s thing well and I loaned

a striker that was on fire all the season - Lewis Grabban

I also got some really top class free transfers before the season started:

Matty Done - Left winger that finished the season with 19 assist.

Tony Bedeau - Right winger that drove a lot of left backs crazy.

Dan Glesson- Righ back that always came in with the important last tackle

I`ve also got others that was quality you can take a look at my current squad here - > squad

All of my transfers in and out here -> Transfers

And last the final league standing - > League

Next season

My goal for the next season will of course be to survive in the Blue Square Premier division and

I really think that my current squad is more than capable to do that. Hopefully I can get some

quality free transfers in the summer and finish on the top half.

Only downside is that I`m loosing money, not much but I`m hoping I can turn this trend around

next season. Currently my balance is a few pounds on the reed side, really need to do something with that.

Good luck to you all, and thank you dafuge for coming up with the greatest and funniest challenge ever icon14.gif

Originally posted by kccircle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jsar:

Jsar's Chippenham Town End of Season Update 18/19 Season

All in all a great season managed to stay in the top half for most of the season and eventually finnished in 6th place and after some hard fought games in the play offs got promoted to the championship.

League table

League Graph

Season Summary

Player Stats

Manager of the Year

these results where inspired by Fans player of the year Kris Renton yet again.

and also Karl Popech who set this New record. unfortuantly he became a transfer target for many clubs after this season and wanted to move to a bigger club, much as the 300k offers where tempting i managed to convince him that he should stay at the club, only for him to refuse a new contract and move on a free. icon_mad.gif

I did however get a New contract and a New stadium

Played on late through the night and have actually finnished my 19/20 season as well now so will take screenies and post the results shortly, it is safe to say the first season in the championship has been hell of a big step and very tough.

I see you have Michael Noone too. For me he is the best player on the game. Not though for his match contributions though but for all the text commentary on what he does.

Every goal he scores sees the text Noone scored that goal, or Caton scores from a cross from Noone.

I had him onFM07. I have him in my team now. It still brings a smile every time icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah he has been a bot of a star for me but is getting on a bit now so not getting many games

So the 1st season is complete and is a story of what might have been as Halesowen tapered off from being in top spot until the last two games but finsihed 2nd and failed to win the play off semi

I played the the first 2/3's of the season with a tactic I borrowed off the forum and it was quite succesful but I joined this challenge to proove myself as a manager so I decided to have a little tinker and start my own from scratch, it isnt the perfect tactic by any means and probally meant we missed out on promotion but at least it is all my own work.

As for the season - I lost quite a few players almost from the off who were out of contract.

I had to delve into the market quite quickly and took on Serge Makofo (aml/s) and Totti(S) - although not reccomeded by my scouts they were in the list that my assistant had filtered for me and I did have my scouts take a look prior to offering a contract, my scout did say neither of them were worth bothering with but desparation meant I took them on anyway - every player after were from scouting missions (hope that isnt cheating).

My Scouts have done a pretty decent job and I have assembled a decent squad which I am sure I will strengthen further for the coming season.

I have also added my own training regimes for fulltime and youth players

heres a few pics for you to look at

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/bluesbot/table09.jpg[/img]]Table

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/bluesbot/grah09.jpg[/img]]Graph

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/bluesbot/staff09.jpg[/img]]Staff

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/bluesbot/squad09.jpg[/img]]Squad

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/bluesbot/transfers09.jpg[/img]]Transfers

The Plan for next season is to hopefully stregthen the squad further via the good work from my scouts and to win the league.

I'd like to get a few good youngsters into the youth set up

Originally posted by BluesBot:

So the 1st season is complete and is a story of what might have been as Halesowen tapered off from being in top spot until the last two games but finsihed 2nd and failed to win the play off semi

I played the the first 2/3's of the season with a tactic I borrowed off the forum and it was quite succesful but I joined this challenge to proove myself as a manager so I decided to have a little tinker and start my own from scratch, it isnt the perfect tactic by any means and probally meant we missed out on promotion but at least it is all my own work.

As for the season - I lost quite a few players almost from the off who were out of contract.

I had to delve into the market quite quickly and took on Serge Makofo (aml/s) and Totti(S) - although not reccomeded by my scouts they were in the list that my assistant had filtered for me and I did have my scouts take a look prior to offering a contract, my scout did say neither of them were worth bothering with but desparation meant I took them on anyway - every player after were from scouting missions (hope that isnt cheating).

My Scouts have done a pretty decent job and I have assembled a decent squad which I am sure I will strengthen further for the coming season.

I have also added my own training regimes for fulltime and youth players

heres a few pics for you to look at

Table

Staff

squad

Transfers

The Plan for next season is to hopefully stregthen the squad further via the good work from my scouts and to win the league.

I'd like to get a few good youngsters into the youth set up

Originally posted by stinger061:

I fear i may be about to be struck by the attendance bug that has affected Jimbo so badly. Last year my average attendance was around the 2300 mark, after about 8 games this year it's down to 1400 despite the fact that we sit 2nd in the league and are playing quite well. I'll see how things go over the next few months but it's not looking good.

I think I have the same problem. First season in BSS, Average Att. of 1111. Half way through the second season in BSS, Average Att. of 624...

icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stinger061:

I think I have the same problem. First season in BSS, Average Att. of 1111. Half way through the second season in BSS, Average Att. of 624...

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just had a fan day, 1st in the league (me) vs. 2nd in the league (they were only three points behind me) - attendence of 679... icon13.gif

In 4 seasons Andy Caton has now scored 100 goals in 155 appearances.

I get offers of 100k on each day during the transfer window. Its getting annoying. I have no idea what I would do if I got offered silly money for him (500k). He is single handedly helping me walk towards he Conference title this season. I'm 13 points clear with 28 games gone

Annihilator666 - Merthyr Tydfil - Season 09/10 - Blue Square South

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Top Scorer - James Dunn

Fans' Player of the Year - James Dunn

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

An excellent season which ended in promotion to Blue Square Premier. Also, the team had a decent run in the Sentanta Shield, losing in the Semi-Finals to Wrexham.

The finances are a bit dodgy though, so I might need to sell a player or two so that the club doesn't go bust...

Stamford - Blue Square Premier - 2019/20 End of Season Update

In the pre-season, I asked my board about upgrades to training and youth facilities and they agreed that both needed upgrading. However they only got round to starting and completing work on a minor training upgrade, which hopefully will help attract marginally better players.

After a nerve wracking start to the season, and me threatening to give the challenge up if the team didnt do better, they went from strength to strength. We put up a worse performance than the previous seasons in the cups, but that really doesnt bother me since with 1 game left of the season, Stamford have been confirmed as Blue Square Premier winners.

Stamford has won automatic promotion to the football league, and will face an interesting next season.

Table

Graph

Confidence

Finances

Transfers

Aims for next season

1) Survive

2) Keep hold of my stars

3) Perhaps upgrade some staff members

4) Hope for more scouting knowledge

5) Hope for a parent club at last?

6) Survive and strengthen squad

For those that have already got to the League 2, what is the step up like? How much do I need to panic?

And as a side note, can I just say I believe this is my first automatic promotion and title win that I have had for at least a few years of playing FM, and this is probably going to be my all time longest running save.

god damn the championship is tough, finnished 1st season barely scrapping above the relegation zone on goal differnce alone and first 10 games or so of the next season i cant buy a win. looks like im gonna struggle to stay up this season as well, the premiership seems so close but oh so far away.

full update on last season in the morning.

Originally posted by Gilbster:

Stamford - Blue Square Premier - 2019/20 End of Season Update

In the pre-season, I asked my board about upgrades to training and youth facilities and they agreed that both needed upgrading. However they only got round to starting and completing work on a minor training upgrade, which hopefully will help attract marginally better players.

After a nerve wracking start to the season, and me threatening to give the challenge up if the team didnt do better, they went from strength to strength. We put up a worse performance than the previous seasons in the cups, but that really doesnt bother me since with 1 game left of the season, Stamford have been confirmed as Blue Square Premier winners.

Stamford has won automatic promotion to the football league, and will face an interesting next season.

Table

Graph

Confidence

Finances

Transfers

Aims for next season

1) Survive

2) Keep hold of my stars

3) Perhaps upgrade some staff members

4) Hope for more scouting knowledge

5) Hope for a parent club at last?

6) Survive and strengthen squad

For those that have already got to the League 2, what is the step up like? How much do I need to panic?

And as a side note, can I just say I believe this is my first automatic promotion and title win that I have had for at least a few years of playing FM, and this is probably going to be my all time longest running save.

Nice work Gilbster! Only took you a decade icon_biggrin.gif

I can't laugh though, I'm looking like I'll take twice as long. Good luck in league 2... but, I have one question. What strategy did you use to climb up the conference? Did you focus on pace, technical skills, or did you just find some tactics that finally worked?

Archived