dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Hendon - English Premireship - 2016/2017 Season

Well I've just started to move on through the summer after having a break to watch some tv & a few things have shocked me already, the first being how much tv money I will get & the second being how generous my board are being with my transfer budget because of this icon_eek.gif

TV Money

Transfer Budget

Wow, I'm jealous. I'd settle for any sort of transfer budget at the moment.

Grats to Spurs on making the prem!

Yeah, the new prem TV contract going into effect next year IRL (our first season ingame) is absolutely insane. Now you know exactly why staying up is so important to those in the relegation zone. That should help with your stadium funding icon_smile.gif

Well I've just started to move on through the summer after having a break to watch some tv & a few things have shocked me already, the first being how much tv money I will get & the second being how generous my board are being with my transfer budget because of this icon_eek.gif

TV Money

Transfer Budget

Well played on getting to the Premiership! I'm 2 seasons behind you in play and still stuck in the Blue Square Premier, starting to think I'm doing something extremely wrong in the players I'm buying and tactics I'm playing when I compare how my team are doing compared to other peoples icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Gilbster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spurs1979:

TV Money

Transfer Budget

Wow, I'm jealous. I'd settle for any sort of transfer budget at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the first season where my transfer budget hasnt consisted of a percentage of my player sales so am pleased, mind you it's one hell of a situation I find with a very poor squad for the premiership so hope I can pick a few free transfers up & some decent players cheap. Gutted as Adel Taarabt just went for £1.5m before I got the money who was ideal as an AMC icon_frown.gif

Stamford - Conference North - 2014/15 End of Season Update

Following a disastourous last season, ending in relegation from the BSP, I wsa offered a new 2 year contract with the aim of enjoying the experience of the BSP by the end of the 2 year plan. This meant I had to bounce back on my first attempt, to even stand a chance.

After a season of great consistency I have managed to finish a respectable 2nd and have a playoff place.

After the relegation a lot of players wanted to leave so a drastic rebuild of the squad had to happen.

Confidence

Squad in the week before my playoff semi final. A few too many injuries for my liking. Hope we dont mess up, I need the promotion.

I thought having gone up with Chelmsford from the Blue Square South last season I would have breezed the Conf proper.

Safe to say I am not!

If it wasn't for Andy Caton I'd be looking at relegation I think.

Update to come soon, only 6 games left

Originally posted by Gilbster:

Playoff Semi Final Leg 1

Playoff Semi Final Leg 2

A couple of goals from a striker I havent played much this season, has put us into the Play off final against Gateshead.

My record against Gateshead is about 50/50 so I am not holding up much hope, although last time we went up we beat them 1-9 in the final, so I hope history repeats itself.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Storzy. I'm just killing time with it until I can restart because the more I play the more I get into debt and I will get the right arse if they sack me.

Maybe just play a little less seriously than you normally do if that's possible.

Out of interest (I missed the start of this conversation and couldn't spot it looking back through the couple of pages quickly) what has caused you to start losing money? Is it still the attendance thing?

My wage budget got upped this season despite not making a profit last year, and suddenly money seems to be coming into my club in huge amounts and my average attendance has nearly doubled (playing in the same division but doing a little better). I've managed to somehow make a £159k profit between July and December, making £255,740 in gate reciepts up to December 20th this season in comparison to the £378,103 I made in the whole of last season. I have sold less season tickets than ever though which seems a little odd as I'm not playing a higher level of football.

Strange really as my attendances seemed pretty messed up the last few years, but now seem to be improving rather unexpectedly.

Chippenham Town - Blue Square South- 09/10 Season Review

After a promising start last season which deteriorated into a 16th placed finish I decided to promise the board a top half finish, that wasn't o much to expect. I'd strengthened the squad and was feeling kind of chirpy come opening day of the season.

New players and a bit of depth would do it easily, right?

Come the end of the season the stats don't look too bad, last season's 16th was well beaten now surely.

This don't look good!

Consistency at the very least.

Let's see what the board think about that!

"If you get sacked, you can either take over a newly promoted club that satisfies the original criteria (check the club's league history), or just start again."

Okay here's the deal. After a disappointing repeat of 16th place in the BSS my board rightly decided to sack me!

I had promised them a top half finish after all.

I have decided to take up the offer of applying for a vacant position of one of the newly promoted sides, that still meet the initial challenge requirements of course.

I applied and was successful with AFC Hornchurch. Here's their recent history to prove that they were not previously in the BSS.

Whilst I do not have a screenshot of my appointment etc. I do have this screen which should be enough proof.

Now I have a minor issue with Allan's website as I believe I need to 'end' my Chippenham challenge and then begin my 'Hornchurch' challenge. But my new challenge will begin in season 2010/2011. Can this be done?

Cheers for any suggestions.

'On the Urchins!

Originally posted by paulsgruff:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Storzy. I'm just killing time with it until I can restart because the more I play the more I get into debt and I will get the right arse if they sack me.

Maybe just play a little less seriously than you normally do if that's possible.

Out of interest (I missed the start of this conversation and couldn't spot it looking back through the couple of pages quickly) what has caused you to start losing money? Is it still the attendance thing?

My wage budget got upped this season despite not making a profit last year, and suddenly money seems to be coming into my club in huge amounts and my average attendance has nearly doubled (playing in the same division but doing a little better). I've managed to somehow make a £159k profit between July and December, making £255,740 in gate reciepts up to December 20th this season in comparison to the £378,103 I made in the whole of last season. I have sold less season tickets than ever though which seems a little odd as I'm not playing a higher level of football.

Strange really as my attendances seemed pretty messed up the last few years, but now seem to be improving rather unexpectedly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah icon_frown.gif.

I've had the game loaded all day and haven't played a single game.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paulsgruff:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Strange really as my attendances seemed pretty messed up the last few years, but now seem to be improving rather unexpectedly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah icon_frown.gif.

I've had the game loaded all day and haven't played a single game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See, i'm the opposite - enjoying my game. Struggling, but still find the game extremely playable. I had a tactic that worked with the non closing down. I just suffer from not being good at the game full stop.

Chippenham - Blue Square South 2008/2009 End of Season Review - 10th

Media Prediction: 21st

Manager Expectation: Respectable League Position (stay clear of relegation)

Final League Position: 10th

Final League Table

League Positions Table

Manager Snapshot Page

The final Squad

Transfers P1

Transfers p2

Well the first season is finally in the books and I'm quite happy with how we did this season.

The first season is always a massive challenge to assemble a squad. The preseason started well and I thought It might be easier this year as there seemed to be more talent readily availible. I immediately signed who I thought would be Mr. Cleansheet and things were looking good. However, with only 1 absolutely horrible scout, trial was the only way I could get a look at anyone and the offseason flew by.

The start of the season was approaching far too quickly and I just barely managed to through a first team up in time for what would be my only friendly. We were absolutely drubbed 9-1 by Cambridge United of the BSP. My players fitness levels were absolutely horrid and I realized that in my hurry to find a team, I had neglected coaches in an attempt to attrack only top coaching talent (which was possible last year). I quickly realized that the coaches we could attrack last year wouldn't touch us with a 100 foot pole this year (which is much realistic - no more marco van basten as Ass Man while in conference north). I brought in a pair of decent coaches and got training levels to at least 3 in everything but GK. All in all, I was satisfied with the team I had put together. Several players I used in this challenge last year returned including Hylton, Hudson, Wright, Holgate and Warner, along with an influx of totally new players. I was well over 1k under my minimal wage budget which I thought was fantastic. Going into the season I was happy with our strikeforce, but the defence was making me nervous. I play a very defensive tactic and i really hadn't been able to attrack the right players in this area..

(Note: I'd love to be more detailed, but this is taking far too long and I want to actually make progress on the game today, so I'm going to dramatically shorten the rest.)

The Season (very short version)

We scored more goals than I expected (no 20 goalscorers though as usual).

We conceeded far more than I would have liked. Mr cleensheet didn't really live up to his name, but the defense in front of him was pretty bad. Definantly an area I need to improve.

Inconsistency was the name of the game. I couldn't put together any good runs and moral was pretty shakey most of the season. We did well in big matches against big teams, but I still cant beat those relegation strugglers.

Injuries were thankfully pretty minimal (which was great because I had zero cover! lol ).

Financially the season was ok. Despite being well under wage budget for most of the season, we didn't make much money. Attendances weren't great and we averaged only 731 fans per game (down from the 1176 averaged during the holiday season where they weren't even in a competition???). Hopefully next season we will be able to spend some time near the top of the table and make some money.

We played some attractive football at times. Gone were the days past (last years challenge) of the dump and chase. This team can actually pass the ball!!

Goals for next season

* Improve training

* Improve defense (tactics change + player signings)

* Make the playoffs

* Cup run of any sort (knocked out in 1st or 2nd game of everything last season)

So much for short... I've blown another few hours on this writeup (and the part in the next post which I decided to cut as it may have more replies and ruins the writeup anyways).

Originally part of my update...and then cut because I managed to royally confuse myself. Has anyone had anything similar happen? Part of me really wants to say that everything is working fine and I've just managed to uncover a few gems already, but the rational side is saying that something is clearly wrong here.

The Future??? (or a bug)

I signed a few newgens near the end of the window to try and provide some backup in case I had injuries. The couple I picked were selected because they had some decent mental statistics for players so young. None of them would sign a fulltime contract, but I figured at 10p/w they would provide acceptable cover. I really wish I'd have taken screenshots at the beginning, but I wasn't expecting anything so I didn't.

Throughout the season I noticed that even on part time contracts there values were absolutely soaring. Taking a look at there stats, they still weren't that great. Some of them saw action during the season and one in particular became a first team regular. I don't have inital scout reports due to not having a scout (they were however all trialed), and my coaches reports on them don't seem to indicate any potential (then again, my coaches are all garbage in this area).

I have signed most to full time contracts as soon as they turned 17, and am hoping the value is reflecting some hidden potential and isn't just broken. The cream of this crop is Don Hill. Signed at only 15, he wasn't even eligible for the first few months. Since getting a start because of an injury he has locked down a spot in the starting 11. Despite mediocre stats and STILL being on a part time 10p/w his value has soared to 60k (well over anything I saw until at least league 2 last year -granted I did sell people for more than that, but the actual listed value wasn't near that). He is turning into an absolute playmaker and I cant wait to get him on a fulltime contract next season.

All total, I now have 7 players age 17 or younger valued over 20k which for still being in the BSS is very confusing. (Theres only player over 18 with a similar value). I would expect that value from Prem level youngsters, not youth this far down.

Looking at them again as I write this, even though I have gotten the majority of them to agree to full time contracts and assigned them fulltime training schedules.... they are all still listed as part time and back on the p/t general schedule ??? 17 is the age where players can sign long term full time contracts isn't it? In addition, only the two still on youth contracts of them have anything listed for future contracts. Anyways, apoligies for being horribly confusing....I sorta knew what I was posting here before I started this section. Now I'm even more confused than ever before.

Heres a few screenshots of a couple, maybe someone else will have an idea (or have seen something in the bugs section on this).

Simon Clark - Stats

Simon Clark - contract

Don Hill - Stats

Don Hill- contract

2009/10 Pre-Season Update

AFC Hornchurch -First season in Blue Square South

The season promises to be a tough one. With the board unwilling to consider linking with a parent club, my young squad have their work cut out. Managed to get 18 players into the squad without breaking the budget. Half of them are below twenty but my scouts reckon two of them both 16 has potential.

Billy Bolland

Andy Lowe

I'm on a 5-year contract so it'll be interesting to see how these two develop. The rest of the squad consists of some half decent players, the pick of the bunch being keeper Lance Cronin, fullback and captain Sasha Opinel and 2 of my personal favourites, Junior Brown and Leighton McGivern. All are commanding some pretty hefty salaries so I'm hoping they're worth the money. There's still space for about 3 more in the squad so I'll be off hunting for defenders.

What a horrible first 3 games this is

Everton 2 Hendon 2

Hendon 0 Man Utd 1

Arsenal 2 Hendon 1

Tough games, took Arsenal to get a 89th minute winner against me though icon_frown.gif

Really impossible to sign players even with money, most clubs want 3 or 4 times what the players worth & even when I do get bids I can only offer £12k max which isn't great for this division. Only been able to get half of what I wanted in although I've got 2 really good players on free transfers that doesnt exactly make a whole team, tough tough season ahead

Originally posted by duccio:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quavis:

Simon Clark - contract

I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about, but it looks like Simon Clarke has a senior part time contract as opposed to a full time contract. It shouldn't be possible to assign him to a full time routine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm no longer sure I know what I'm talking about in this case anymore either.

I completely agree with your assessment of that screenshot. The other players who are on senior deals are all that way. However, many of them (I honestly don't remember if Clark is that way or not - though I believe he is) have accepted full time senior contracts at a much higher wage (most of them forced me up to about 75/week) and I was subsequently able to assign them full time training. Now it seems to have reverted them back and no longer recognizes those deals at all.

I am currently training to get them to agree to new deals again to see what happens.

Everton 2 Hendon 2

Hendon 0 Man Utd 1

Arsenal 2 Hendon 1

Tough games, took Arsenal to get a 89th minute winner against me though icon_frown.gif

Horrible first three games??? It looks like your hanging tough even with the big teams. You've already gotten your first point and held your goal difference to -2 even after playing two of the top 4. Think positive, your off to a great start!

Everton 2 Hendon 2

Hendon 0 Man Utd 1

Arsenal 2 Hendon 1

If Man U and Arsenal are anywhre near as good as they are in season 1, I don't think tou should be too downhearted about those results. You scored agaist Arsenal away! icon14.gif

Really impossible to sign players even with money, most clubs want 3 or 4 times what the players worth & even when I do get bids I can only offer £12k max which isn't great for this division. Only been able to get half of what I wanted in although I've got 2 really good players on free transfers that doesnt exactly make a whole team, tough tough season ahead

If you have any excess tranfer money, can't you move it your wage budget?

Originally posted by Quavis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by duccio:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quavis:

Simon Clark - contract

I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about, but it looks like Simon Clarke has a senior part time contract as opposed to a full time contract. It shouldn't be possible to assign him to a full time routine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm no longer sure I know what I'm talking about in this case anymore either.

I completely agree with your assessment of that screenshot. The other players who are on senior deals are all that way. However, many of them (I honestly don't remember if Clark is that way or not - though I believe he is) have accepted full time senior contracts at a much higher wage (most of them forced me up to about 75/week) and I was subsequently able to assign them full time training. Now it seems to have reverted them back and no longer recognizes those deals at all.

I am currently training to get them to agree to new deals again to see what happens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the players had full time contracts, but now do not, it does sound strange. Maybe you could load an older save and try to recreate the situation, or just check which players actually had signed the deals. I don't know if anything of this sort has been reported as a bug.

I am currently training to get them to agree to new deals again to see what happens.

Update:

Clark just agreed to a new 80p/w full time deal and has been placed on a custom full time training schedule. I have taken screenshots this time and will see what happens. His value dropped to 60k from 75k on signing the new contract. Will keep an eye on it.

Quavis - Horrible as in 2 of the worst teams I would have wanted to kick start the league in, obviously I did pretty much as good as I could have hoped but I find with FM08 you need a good start to keep morale going

Duccio - Both teams are doing, Chelsea won the 2007/2008 title, then Liverpool won the next SIX titles before Man Utd & lastly Chelsea won the premier league. Tried to shift it over but it goes to £16k, I had a £5m bid accepted for Anderson but he won't come, he's at Sheff Wed in the game so really hoped he might think about it, alas no wages to get the player icon_frown.gif

Just drew 1-1 at home to Aston Villa in my 4th game, 2 points from 4 games is ok & hopefully I can build on that

(my squad is 18 players big right now, I have so many bids in & have had work permits rejected for some awesome eastern Europeans which has made me re-access my targets. I hope to bring in 5 or 6 more before the transfer deadline. I consider myself to be playing 3 players at least who I don't think are good enough to help me avoid relegation so we'll see)

Finally got round to properly starting this.

Profile.

August Update

- Bromley 0-4 The Wombles.

Grabban, Thompson, Rainford, Martin.

- The Wombles 3-1 Basingstoke.

Bailey. Thompson, Grabban.

- Welling 1-2 The Wombles.

Grabban, Rainford.

- Bishop's Stortford 0-3 The Wombles.

Grabban 2, Bailey.

- The Wombles 3-0 Eastleigh.

Grabban 3.

League Postion. 2nd icon14.gif

Grabban deservedly got Player of the Month with 10 goals in 6 games, 6 Man of the Matches and 4 assists.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Finally got round to properly starting this.

Profile.

August Update

- Bromley 0-4 The Wombles.

Grabban, Thompson, Rainford, Martin.

- The Wombles 3-1 Basingstoke.

Bailey. Thompson, Grabban.

- Welling 1-2 The Wombles.

Grabban, Rainford.

- The Wombles 4-0 Hampton & Richmond.

Grabban 2, Bailey, Burton(gk).

- Bishop's Stortford 0-3 The Wombles.

Grabban 2, Bailey.

- The Wombles 3-0 Eastleigh.

Grabban 3.

League Postion. 2nd icon14.gif

Grabban deservedly got Player of the Month with 10 goals in 6 games, 6 Man of the Matches and 4 assists.

Ealier in the thread we were discussing the intentional creation of big club friendlies to make massive amounts of money. Most agreed that we should have a gentlemens agreement to not do this.

The question: I have just been challenged by the Man U reserves to a home friendly in the course of normal friendly generation at the start of a new season. Would this qualify under the agreement or just be considered dumb luck such as in any of the cup draws? What kind of other friendlies are people getting offered at the start of seasons?

I have accepted the friendly for now just to be able to get past the screen, but theres no way I will pass the date tonight anyways so I will leave it open for debate and can always cancel it later.

I think this will be fixed in the forthcoming patch...or at least I hope.

Realistically speaking. We often look for teams like LLM clubs when we manage premiership for a morale boosting mauling. So it would not be too amiss for someone to set up friendlies of this nature.

Given the problems that this entails, I think a gentleman's agreement would be that no manager in this challenge should accept a friendly from the "A" team. "B" teams and youth teams should be fine.

I now have a problem We're on course to win the BSS title..and I was getting so annoyed at offers pouring in for one of my defenders I just upped his price to 100k..Newport has just stepped in with an offer.....arrrgh..this guy has the potential to become another James Curtis , a player who played for merthyr tydfil when the challenge started and finished off his career with medal in the European Champions League.

But the money is too good to pass up..100k in BSP...hell I'm rich!!

Ealier in the thread we were discussing the intentional creation of big club friendlies to make massive amounts of money. Most agreed that we should have a gentlemens agreement to not do this.

The question: I have just been challenged by the Man U reserves to a home friendly in the course of normal friendly generation at the start of a new season. Would this qualify under the agreement or just be considered dumb luck such as in any of the cup draws? What kind of other friendlies are people getting offered at the start of seasons?

I have accepted the friendly for now just to be able to get past the screen, but theres no way I will pass the date tonight anyways so I will leave it open for debate and can always cancel it later.

I believe it was generally accepted in this case that if you are offered the friendly than it's not a problem. Also as it is against the reserves chances the crowd will be no bigger than any other friendly. Finally i would say it's not a problem as big clubs such as Man U often play friendlies against lower league clubs within their own country. The biggest problem was people setting up friendlies against the reserves of big foreign clubs which is obviously unrealistic.

Originally posted by rashidi1:

With four matches left and 5 points clear..i'm taking the offer!!

I think thats the way to go. It's a lot of money for this level as you say and the benefits from the cash will far outweigh the benefits of one central defensive player.

On a similar note I've just noticed my two center halves are both players who were here when i took over as youth players icon_eek.gif Both are only 17 but have done a brilliant job in both seasons for me so far.

Apologies for the constant posts (the time difference means few others are on at this time) but i believe my season has just self destructed. Battling away on the edge of the playoffs our top scorer Andy Caton who has 32 goals for the season has just been ruled out for 2-3 months meaning he will probably miss the rest of the season.

This is absolutely disastrous and i suspect a top half finish is the best we can now do despite occupying a playoff place all season up until now.

I think this will be fixed in the forthcoming patch...or at least I hope.

Realistically speaking. We often look for teams like LLM clubs when we manage premiership for a morale boosting mauling. So it would not be too amiss for someone to set up friendlies of this nature.

Given the problems that this entails, I think a gentleman's agreement would be that no manager in this challenge should accept a friendly from the "A" team. "B" teams and youth teams should be fine.

I now have a problem We're on course to win the BSS title..and I was getting so annoyed at offers pouring in for one of my defenders I just upped his price to 100k..Newport has just stepped in with an offer.....arrrgh..this guy has the potential to become another James Curtis , a player who played for merthyr tydfil when the challenge started and finished off his career with medal in the European Champions League.

But the money is too good to pass up..100k in BSP...hell I'm rich!!

thanks for the quick response! I sort of see it the same way. I took a look at the other friendlies Man U reserves had set up and theres another BSS team Newport Co. also on the list. (Maybe thats how they got the money to pay for your defender! lol). Quick checks of Arsenal Reserves/Man city reserves also show friendlies with BSS/BSN teams. Chelski cheats and goes abroad (money grubbers! :p ).

I'm also in a similar position in regards to players. I had plans to replace most of my defense, but the one player I wanted to keep is getting lots of offers. Normally at this level I will imediately accept anything above 100k +50% sell on as thats MASSIVE money at this level. Granted I have no way I'd ever be able to spend it, but at least the financial status of the club won't be in the balance anymore.

Thanks for the response as well stinger. I checked by going to setup a similar friendly (didn't actually make it), but it estimated the revenue would be at 1k which the same as most normal friendlies against similar level teams. I guess it is the same as people who have premier league parent clubs who automatically get the 1 friendly a year which i believe is always against the reserves.

I can't believe this...my board reckons i have a "career as an investment banker" in case i decide to leave football. We just sold off my defender for 250K, the negotiation was fierce after I put him on the market and raised his value. Newport County have given me a few days to consider their final offer...I have 3 games left and he has been an absolute rock in the defense.

He has anticipation of 13 and tackling of 12 and has absolutely ruled the backline. The coach thinks he's playing at close to his full potential, so I don't think he'll improve very much. He is still described as a "quality" player. He will be missed.

I can't believe this...my board reckons i have a "career as an investment banker" in case i decide to leave football. We just sold off my defender for 250K, the negotiation was fierce after I put him on the market and raised his value. Newport County have given me a few days to consider their final offer...I have 3 games left and he has been an absolute rock in the defense.

He has anticipation of 13 and tackling of 12 and has absolutely ruled the backline. The coach thinks he's playing at close to his full potential, so I don't think he'll improve very much. He is still described as a "quality" player. He will be missed.

I had a similar situation at the beginning of this season. I sold off my star central midfielder for 200K despite worrying that it might hurt my performances. Thankfully it hasn't as i was able to snap up another player on a free transfer who has done just as good a job. Well worth the sale in the end.

Gloucester City Tigers Title Race

With 2 games to go and 5 points, the Tigers can win the title on their trip to Weston-super-mare. With offers now pouring in for the ENTIRE defensive backline, distractions are sidetracking the team.

Injuries to their defensive midfielders have now forced Rashidi Yekini to look to the youth players. Marshall and Wrigley's bot top scorers are out injured and its down to a nail biting finish for Tigers.

The fans are nervous, already brimming with joy at their clubs meteoric rise to the top of the BSP...they're now just 11 days away from a dream destiny. And with Crawley firing on all cylinders with 122 goals all season, they're just glad they don't have them to visit.

Will the Tigers fulfill their destiny?

Archived