dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Thoroe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Let's have a look.

I suspect your profile will look the same as it did in June.

I think it does. Here is it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's fine. You have local reputation rather than unknown, but I think that is due to your age. If you over a certain age it seems to bump up your reputation a bit.

Originally posted by dafuge:

That's fine. You have local reputation rather than unknown, but I think that is due to your age. If you over a certain age it seems to bump up your reputation a bit.

Puuha. Great. I was starting to get a little nervous. Anyway, it's uploaded to the site now. Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by ManUTDBoi17:

Well like banners to represent awards.

Ah right, do you mean for the website?

I've tried to keep away from awards, simply because I want people to be competing against themselves rather than against each other.

Right, basically using the game to find and report bugs at the moment, as my Ilkeston save is unplayable since I installed the patch mid season.

Will restart (with Ilkeston again) once a decent patch is out.

Season 2013/14 Review - Chippenham Town in League Two

After losing in the playoff final last year, my aim for this season was promotion.

Final League Table

League Positions Graph

The season started well, and by about half way through the season I looked like a certainty for promotion and a genuine title contender. Things then went badly wrong, I lost a couple of key players to injury and my form dropped. I had a run of losses which put me in a difficult position in the league, with two games left I was in 4th, hoping that Chesterfield would slip up. Thankfully they lost to playoff rivals Rushden, which put me back into the third automatic promotion spot. This meant all I had to do was beat Oxford at home. I lost 0-2, Chesterfield drew 0-0. It was one of the most nail biting ends to a season I've had that didn't involve the playoffs.

Squad

Same team as last season, and I'm still not using the loan players much since they are no better than the players I have.

Transfers

No exciting signings, despite Donchev looking good on paper, he didn't really perform.

Hendon - Coca Cola Championship - 2015/2016

Well I'm sitting in 10th place after 25 games played but only 3 points off the play offs so have a chance of that if I can keep a string of good form together as I seem very patchy right up, bit like a yoyo around the mid table area so this season could still go either way.

A few changes have happened this season, we had a board takeover, nothing major it seems as we didn't get a massive cash injection. Financially it looks like they put all 3 loans I had into 1 big one & left it as 1 payment whilst putting £1.5m into the club to remove the debt & leave the club on 0k.

The good news from that is it opened up me being able to scout a few more places now including Scandanavia, Eastern Europe, Central Europe, Southern Europe as well as the normal UK & Ireland so hopefully I will find it easier to find some real talent.

The bad news is yet again I am running the risk of losing club captain Obeng & Hendon record goalscorer & my highest valued player at £2.9m Olsen for nothing as they won't sign a new contract just yet & we've just come into January so I hope I can pursuade them soon

New Scouting Areas

I expect this summer to be alot more fun now, even with no money to spend I should be able to find a few more free players to add to my squad for next season.

I've been playing the challenge for a few days now as AFC Wimbledon as I did last year. My gaming PC has no internet access so in my eagerness I forgot to take a profile screen shot and of course I haven't posted any progress reports.

I've just completed my second season and completed straight promotions up to League 2 winning both leagues and the setanta shield on the way. Considering I had been struggling with teams like Arsenal, Barcelona and Wolves before starting this game, I'm pretty pleased with that!

I'll try to get some shots up tomorrow though you can discount me as a challenge participator if need be though I will still be reading and posting.

Obviously being Wimbledon isnt the hardest challenge ever and I fully took advantage of the link with Crystal Palace and brought in a number of key players.

Sheringham and Moses scored 76 goals in the league between them in the first season.

Second season and my key signing was Kieran Gibbs who had been released from arsenal. He would only join part-time but signed a new contract further down the line.

My strike force consisted of Sheringham on loan again and Andy Caton who had been backup in season 1. I worried about the lack of a real targetman but somehow kept scoring mainly due to my quality midfield including James Dunne, formerly of Arsenal.

I hadn't enjoy FM08 at all before starting the challenge, partly because my game was freezing all the time.

Last year I played my Wimbledon save until 2023 so hoping for another long run!

Start of challenge - Tiverton Town

Back again, after playing as Bath City in the '07 challenge! This time it is Tiverton which will be the team in question.

(from the 17th of July, forgot to screenshot on the 19th, hope it works..)

A bit weird I always seem to get knowledge of Bosnia as Swedish.. maybe it is some sort of in-game Zlatan effect, I don't know..

Finally found time to finish my first season in the last couple of days.

I completely destoyed BSS with my team of loan players. If I didn't think it comepletely unfair I'd post all the date in the records thread. icon_frown.gif

Dropped 12 points all season, scored 143, let in 29. Will Hoskins scored 57 in 43. Best win was 15-0 against St. Albans. Failed in the cups as soon as I met a larger club, which is a sign next season's not going to be like this one me thinks...

I've managed to sign a couple of good players in the mean time and trying to sign anyone remotely good in the off season. No dice so far though icon_frown.gif

Halesowen Town - Blue Square North - 2008/09

Transfers Part 1

Transfers Part 2

Tommy Mooney and Peter Ingram (runner up in signing of the season) both of whom were the saviours of the season

The season did start to well with Halesowen having only 4 points (1win, 1draw, 4loses) at the end of the first month.

It was looking like we were going to be part of a relegation zone as we struggled to win, thankfully most of our games finished as a draw.

But with a later serge going on a 7 match unbeaten run... followed by a slight glitch (2loses).... we got back to winning ways winning 4 on the bounce... losing the last game of the season was the only thing keeping us out of the top half of the Table

Originally posted by kaNovi:

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/9637/11032007173838dt4.jpg

THAT SUCK, he is by far my best player.

i dont know if i wanna keep playing this game..

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/2332/11032007173953rd6.jpg

These things happen sadly, I had a 17 year old striker who played damn well for me in the first season I had him (in the Conference South) - and the board accepted a £250k offer over my head and he is now a backup player for Reading in the Premiership, could have got so much more money for him if I had kept him another season icon_frown.gif

Season end - Prescott Cables, championship 14/15

Oh a weird season.. my fanancial state is terrible because of the loan for the new stadium, so i had to sell some players

Table

We played well all season mainly because of my 2 super strikers Thomson and kennedy, who scored 62 goals together. they are really a class act for this club!

Thomson

Finance

Its going to be a hard season, with no money and a chairman who looks to sell my best players. and maybee we will go into receivership icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by dafuge:

My board just gave me a new contract, despite my existing one having a year left to run on it. At least this is going to prevent the nervy end to the season when I worry about my job.

That's an interesting feature, can't remember ever having a contract being offered to me other than in the season that it is set to expire. Did you request it or did they just offer it out randomly?

Originally posted by paulsgruff:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

My board just gave me a new contract, despite my existing one having a year left to run on it. At least this is going to prevent the nervy end to the season when I worry about my job.

That's an interesting feature, can't remember ever having a contract being offered to me other than in the season that it is set to expire. Did you request it or did they just offer it out randomly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It just came out of the blue in the pre season, I hadn't requested it.

update:

had a strong pre season in my first year of managing the mighty AFC Wimbledon , with bringing in a few players on trail, with no fewer than 7 of these being snapped up on free transfers. including scott oakes.

started the season well ,having played 10 , i have so far won 5 , drew 3 and lost 2 . sitting 6th in the league with 18 points .so far so good icon_smile.gif best result to date has been an impressive 4-2 away victory over salisbury , who are sitting 2nd in the league , with oakes and yao bagging a brace each.

downside to the good start to the season has been the amount of injuires i am picking up , with my first choice right back and left winger as well as the backbone of my team , scott oakes , being ruled out for 2-3 weeks icon_frown.gif

table:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/msmith90_2007/leaguetable-10.jpg

sqaud:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/msmith90_2007/sqaud.jpg

fixtures:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/msmith90_2007/fixs.jpg

v salisbury:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/msmith90_2007/vsalisbury.jpg

oakes:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/msmith90_2007/oakes.jpg

summary:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/msmith90_2007/dubois.jpg

Originally posted by michaeltmurrayuk:

John Hartson has just retired and become a chairman on my game icon_biggrin.gif

Actually quite a few released players have become chairman - looks like if they don't have a staff profile they either disappear or become chairman.

I hate this time of the season when decent players retire rather than sign for me icon_frown.gif (Man Utd's young German Keeper Ron-Robert Zieler always retires in my games, even though he could make it in the Championship not a single team but me are ever interested in him icon_confused.gif )

Archived