dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Originally posted by Top Gooner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 3Sixty:

Cheers for the support lads.

I'll give you something to smile about., i asked the bored to expand my stadium at the back end of last season, and they came back with this.

Stadium

I now have Loan Debt:£34M in my information screen haha.

Do you know what the capacity will be yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No i don't unfortunately have to wait untill they build it.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

GOAL ! Run from own half dribble past by 3 players !!!

Sounds rather Giggs-esque. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was pure maradona actually icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by 3Sixty:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Top Gooner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 3Sixty:

Cheers for the support lads.

I'll give you something to smile about., i asked the bored to expand my stadium at the back end of last season, and they came back with this.

Stadium

I now have Loan Debt:£34M in my information screen haha.

Do you know what the capacity will be yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No i don't unfortunately have to wait untill they build it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scrap that, it say on the club info screen that it will be 12,895.

Season End 12/13 Prescot Cables, League Two - PROMOTED

League Table

This season was much better than the two others in this league. at the start of the season i was keeping up with the leaders. I had problems with headers beeing scored on me and was frustrated. I tried a lot of things, and at the end of the season it seemed like the opponent werent scoring as much as they did in the start. But still - they scored almost every game on headers icon_frown.gif

I had brought in a couple of strong headers for this season but they didnt seem to be up for the challenge. so i took a look at my reserve and saw how much one of my youngsters had progressed :

Martin Møller

I started using him, and it seemed like it helped. icon_smile.gif

The first 15 games i conceded in 14 of them !

Some other youngsters got their big brake trough this season

Østergaard

Marev

Jørgensen

Some other of the important players :

Peltier

Was great.. He was released by liverpool at the start of the season, and luckely he joined me icon_smile.gif

Skibsted

My captain finally scored 20+.. he was great this year.. really steady perfomances

Davies

On loan from stokes, i figured he would be a good backup player.. he did well in his 17 apperences, but most of all, i really have to thank him for his 3 goals in playoff.

icon_biggrin.gif

Squad

Transfers

Cups

i went out with my 2nd team in league cup and JPT. in the first round.

FA CUP: i finally got through the first rounds and Charlton was the end- station in the 4th round. pretty happy with my performance here.

For the next season i will look to strengtning my backline and a keeper. i might be looking for a winger to if it comes up.

I dont think i will be able to keep a hold of my great youngsters, so there might be a big change next season.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

Playoff-Final, League Two, Oxford vs. Prescot Cables

Get in the Yankov icon_wink.gificon14.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif Last time i got promoted via Playoffs i also won in overtime.. hopefully this will continue in all my playoff matches icon_biggrin.gif

Just drew 2 games in a row, 1st one where i was 2-0 up and they score one in the 55th minute then one in the 95th minute, with there ace striker who has 7 finishing and 4 composure and can't position himself in a queue. icon_mad.gifAnd the same happened next game with the same type of player. icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by ChelseaDaft:

Hi all

Ok, So have managed to get through ALL thirtysomething pages of this thread properly. I have a few things i would like to add my voice to. Back in the earlier part of the thread people were talking about arranging friendlies for their reserves and under 18's to bring in extra money. I for one disagree totally with this. I always have my assistant manager take control of arranging friendlies for the 1st team, aswell as taking control of the other sides. So I suggest that this is the case now for the rules of the thread

Obviously people should not be organising money spinning friendlies every week against teams that IRL would never play - hwoever I am not sure I follow you here icon_confused.gif

I always have one of my coaches control the reserve team and my youth coach controlling the U18s.

However, I whilst in the BSN when they have no fixtures I have organised friendlies for both teams (normally 2-4 a month against the other local (rival) sides from BSN, BSS, BSP or lower leagues). I get very little money from the home games and alternate between home and away games. I only do this as I believe some games would be played by these squads if they did infact exist and I want my back up players to remain match fit .

I do not see a problem with what I am doing.

I am not sure what you are suggesting as new rules for the challenge?

1) That the assistant manager must arrange all first team friendlies? (IMO the manager would have more control than his assistant over this in real life)

2) That the assistant manager must conrtol both the reserves and u18s? (IMO it is debatable and probably varies from club to club whether the manager, assistant or another coach takes conrtol of pick the team and then "managing" them for each of their games - but I would suggest that the youth team coach is more likely to run the u18s than the first team assistant manager)

3) maybe you are suggesting that the assistant (or whoever is in charge of the reserves or u18s) should be organising friendlies? (if so this makes sense when they have leagues to play in but when in the BSS or BSN and they have no games I think it is perfectly fair to organise some games for them)

So (and obviously this is all up to Dafuge) I think your suggestions should not become rules of this thread - especially as it is not even clear what you mean at the moment.

Originally posted by Aario:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChelseaDaft:

Hi all

Ok, So have managed to get through ALL thirtysomething pages of this thread properly. I have a few things i would like to add my voice to. Back in the earlier part of the thread people were talking about arranging friendlies for their reserves and under 18's to bring in extra money. I for one disagree totally with this. I always have my assistant manager take control of arranging friendlies for the 1st team, aswell as taking control of the other sides. So I suggest that this is the case now for the rules of the thread

Obviously people should not be organising money spinning friendlies every week against teams that IRL would never play - hwoever I am not sure I follow you here icon_confused.gif

I always have one of my coaches control the reserve team and my youth coach controlling the U18s.

However, I whilst in the BSN when they have no fixtures I have organised friendlies for both teams (normally 2-4 a month against the other local (rival) sides from BSN, BSS, BSP or lower leagues). I get very little money from the home games and alternate between home and away games. I only do this as I believe some games would be played by these squads if they did infact exist and I want my back up players to remain match fit .

1) That the assistant manager must arrange all first team friendlies? (IMO the manager would have more control than his assistant over this in real life)

2) That the assistant manager must conrtol both the reserves and u18s? (IMO it is debatable and probably varies from club to club whether the manager, assistant or another coach takes conrtol of pick the team and then "managing" them for each of their games - but I would suggest that the youth team coach is more likely to run the u18s than the first team assistant manager)

3) maybe you are suggesting that the assistant (or whoever is in charge of the reserves or u18s) should be organising friendlies? (if so this makes sense when they have leagues to play in but when in the BSS or BSN and they have no games I think it is perfectly fair to organise some games for them)

So (and obviously this is all up to Dafuge) I think your suggestions should not become rules of this thread - especially as it is not even clear what you mean at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am referring to the fact that people have in the past organised "money spinning" friendlies which are against the general feeling in the thread.

I have never organised friendlies for the first team i let the Ass Man do it.

I get your point about the Reserves and Under 18's. I was saying that the money spinning friendlies for the reserves and under 18's should be banned...

CHippenham Town Season Update 2014/15 End Of Season Report

Wow what an unpleasant season.

After a media preidiction of going straight back down to the BS Premiership Chippenham Manger James Leedham looked to beating the Odds and keeping his team in the league propper and what a tough job it prooved to be.

With a shakey start to the season ranging from 0-2 loss to a 3-0 win things where looking unpredictable for the chippenham faithfull, unfortuantly the rest of the season saw the entire team suffer a seasons worth of bad form.

Much as their newly prometed status made them one of the weakest teams in the side with Kris Renton up front and Siim Karu between the sticks James Leedham really felt that his side could proove the pundits wrong and dig something out of this season, unfortuantly he was wrong.

Chippenham managed to notch up only 9 wins in the entire season and a massive 25 losses, with only 42 goals scored all season, ending in a -31 goal differnce.

despite this they managed to pull out 4 points from there last 5 games which was just enough to avoid the drop by 2 points.

Not supprisingly succes was sparse in the cup competitions as well with the only achievement of note being a a 3-1 win over championship side QPR in the League Cup first round, this was to be followed by a generous 0-2 lose to leeds in the second round, only Karu'ssafe hands stopping this being a goal rush.

All in all a pretty dissapointing start to Chippenhams League proper debuet, but it was enough to secure James Leedham with a 2 year extension to his Contract and set the following Expectations for the new season.

Screen Shots

League Table

League Graph

Manager Overview

Sqaud

Season Summary

Competition Confidence

Confidence Summary

Kris Renton

Siim Karu

Simm Karu Trial Proof (figured you might want this coz of his nationality)

Aario. This has been discussed earlier in the thread, and although there is no way to check this as we are not going to request the Reserve & U18's fixture list, there is a "gentleman's agreement" that we should not abuse the system to make money from frendlies played by Reserves.

I must admit that I always play at least 1 friendly per week, (between my Reserves & U18's), and sometimes two. The money I make from these games varies between £0 and £1000. I'm guessing that the actual figure is closish to £500 and sometimes it nearer £0 and other times it's nearer £1,000. That means that I make approx £15,000-£20,000 per season by doing this.

I'm not trying to make money. It's simlply a bi-product of my attempts to keep my players fit and also to have my Reserve strikers both in good form and morale.

I don't think anyone has an issue with this sort of thing as £15,000-£20,000 is alrgely irrelevant.

ChelseaDaft. Thanks for your support earlier. It didn't go un-noticed icon14.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aario:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChelseaDaft:

Hi all

So (and obviously this is all up to Dafuge) I think your suggestions should not become rules of this thread - especially as it is not even clear what you mean at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am referring to the fact that people have in the past organised "money spinning" friendlies which are against the general feeling in the thread.

I have never organised friendlies for the first team i let the Ass Man do it.

I get your point about the Reserves and Under 18's. I was saying that the money spinning friendlies for the reserves and under 18's should be banned... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK cool - it seems we argeed then icon14.gif (and to be honest I think the vast majority of the other playres in this thread are as well) so all is well - that no "money spinning" friendlies should be organised icon_smile.gif

Aario. This has been discussed earlier in the thread, and although there is no way to check this as we are not going to request the Reserve & U18's fixture list, there is a "gentleman's agreement" that we should not abuse the system to make money from frendlies played by Reserves.

I must admit that I always play at least 1 friendly per week, (between my Reserves & U18's), and sometimes two. The money I make from these games varies between £0 and £1000. I'm guessing that the actual figure is closish to £500 and sometimes it nearer £0 and other times it's nearer £1,000. That means that I make approx £15,000-£20,000 per season by doing this.

I'm not trying to make money. It's simlply a bi-product of my attempts to keep my players fit and also to have my Reserve strikers both in good form and morale.

I don't think anyone has an issue with this sort of thing as £15,000-£20,000 is alrgely irrelevant.

ChelseaDaft. Thanks for your support earlier. It didn't go un-noticed icon14.gif.

Jimbo I completely argee - you have just made the points I was trying too much better icon_biggrin.gif I, as I said, orgainse games against the reserves or U18s as appropiate from Redditch, Stourbirdge, Kidderminster, Alvechurch, Bromsgrove, Worcester and Romulus (I am managing Halesowen). All make a max of £1,000 and similar to you normally nearer £0.

I only posted before as I was confused as to what ChelseaDaft was suggesting - but now it seems we are all agreed on the previous "gents agreement" icon14.gif

Playoffs it is for me. One game left to decide who i am up against... There has been a slump big time in the last couple of months.. Injuries and players putting in 5 rated performances from nowhere haven't helped!

Lets see what happens... I have a bad feeling about this though icon_mad.gif

My First english call up icon_biggrin.gif

Kennedy

Unfortunaly not =) signed from lincoln, three seasons ago, so if i were in a euro cup, he would count like one though icon_wink.gif

Just splashed my cash on the most expensive player in the history of preston cables! my scout says he would be a leading star for a championship side! so i think its a good buy icon_smile.gif 425k

Tom Banks

Is he home grown? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just kicked off my last league game and it came up "Southend boss Steve Tilson has been spotted in the stands today!"

Anyone else had that?

Had it the other way round when I went to watch my next opponents who had a midweek game when I didn't

Also get it if you go and watch your own reserves / U18s

Tiverton Town - Season 2008/09 Review - Blue Square South

My record of never failing to be promoted in my first season of this challenge continues. We had a sensational season losing just 3 games in the league as we secured the title with 2 matches to play.

League Table

We were very consistant throughout the season with our worst run being 8 draws from 9 games in the period around January/February when we were struggling with injuries and suspensions and i must say we were very lucky to escape from a few of those games with a point.

Positions Graph Season Stats

As you can see we were in the playoff places all season long and never really threatened to drop out and thankfully lifted at the right time to claim our spot at the top of the league for the run in.

The combination between young striker Andy Caton up front and on loan Cherno Samba at right midfield was the key to our success and the stats reflect this. Caton was named player of the season.

Season Overview

We picked up quite a few red cards particularly early in the season but thankfully we learnt to play with 10 men quite well and more often than not got some kind of result from the games where we lost players.

Squad

Our central midfield performed very well with captain Lewis Hogg who i signed from Bath along with Andy Fleming were sensation although missed a few matches with injuries and were replaced by a very good youth player in Bill Crawford who was here when i took over and has just turned 17 along with the appropriately nicknamed Red Card (who was sent off in his first 2 league matches for the club).

All in all a fantastic first season. I have now applied the beta patch mainly because i don't want my scouts and coaches suggesting i should sign anything that walks past with two legs at any cost.

Chelseadaft Chippenham Conference South 2010/2011

Well what can I say. We did really well this season, my new contract stated to establish ourselves in this league in the next 2 years, and we have done much better than that.

After reading around the forums i decided to search for players with the 4 key attributes for this league, Pace, Determination, Teamwork and Workrate. I did away with all the deadwood. Transfers

and built a young and hungry team to do the business in the league for me.

Like i have said previously on this thread i decided to do away with the counter attacking instruction on my tactics as i felt it held my players back and they flew up the league.

With my 2 star strikers up front scoring goals like no ones business Kennedy

Super Kyle

And two young workman-like central midfielders Tom

Ben

Worked like a charm. We certainly outdid ourselves. But, then the injuries and lack of form hit the squad. I lost my left winger for 8 months and my DC's decided to lose form and my good run in the first half of the season was slowly undone.

Now and again in the remaining months my form stepped up again, but a lack of consistancy cost me promotion.

Table

I now have the challenge for my 4th season, last one of this current contract to get out of this league, but feel i will struggle to hold onto my star players. Lets just wait and see what the future holds...

More screenies for you all:

Summary

Finances

Confidence

Originally posted by kaNovi:

gj stinger icon14.gif

Not looking to good for season ahead however. All the players that are unattached that my Ass Man believes are realistic targets are completely useless and wouldn't have even made it into my team at the beginning of last season.

Not to sure how to approach the signing of new players now as my scouts are still rating useless players with 7 star ratings which i had hoped would stop with the installation of the beta patch.

Straight away Southend are after Kennedy! Told them i want 500K... I doubt i will get it !

Tom and kennedy looks like really great BS players, if you manage to keep them youll have a shot for that promotion i would guess =)

Originally posted by stinger061:

gj stinger icon14.gif

Not looking to good for season ahead however. All the players that are unattached that my Ass Man believes are realistic targets are completely useless and wouldn't have even made it into my team at the beginning of last season.

Not to sure how to approach the signing of new players now as my scouts are still rating useless players with 7 star ratings which i had hoped would stop with the installation of the beta patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try looking abroad.. see if there are any coaches with another nationality you could use. that helped me alot!

Archived